Bull**** aside, PS4 owners are you....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

So we all love gaming (obviously) but I have a simple question to all the fine folk who only own a PS4. Do you wish Titanfall would come to the PS4? Does anyone secretly envy the game?

I own both systems so I don't put myself in this dilemma and can enjoy both sides. Likewise to the Xbox One owners, do you secretly wish you could play Infamous?

#2 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

No, I honestly don't care. I've had enough fun with Call Of Duty, I don't need a half assed clone of the same game again.

Out with the in and in with the new, I wish they'd show more of Destiny.

#3 Edited by rogelio22 (2381 posts) -

U dont need an xbox 1 to play titanfall!!! You can buy a gtx 750ti and stick it in your crappy 5yr old dell and have better res and framerate than an xb1 for $150!!! Otherwise for infamous ss you really do need a ps4! Bullshi** aside im getting tf for xb1and infamous ss for lol :D

#4 Posted by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

@rogelio22 said:

U dont need an xbox 1 to play titanfall!!! You can buy a gtx 750ti and stick it in your crappy 5yr old dell and have better res and framerate than an xb1 for $150!!! Otherwise for infamous ss you really do need a ps4! Bullshi** aside im getting tf for xb1and infamous ss for lol :D

I did say those who only own a PS4 xD

#5 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17919 posts) -

Would be different if I couldn't get Titanfall on PC or even 360. I'm actually enjoying Killzone on PS4. It's pretty much what you would expect from a Killzone game.

#6 Posted by AzatiS (7641 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

So we all love gaming (obviously) but I have a simple question to all the fine folk who only own a PS4. Do you wish Titanfall would come to the PS4? Does anyone secretly envy the game?

I own both systems so I don't put myself in this dilemma and can enjoy both sides. Likewise to the Xbox One owners, do you secretly wish you could play Infamous?

Majority of PS4 owners own a PC already . We living in an era where to have a PC is a common thing. Therefore i doubt many of the cows are envy about Titanfall.

Also lets not forget that Respawn already made almost an apologetic official statement which clearly stated that Titanfall 2 definitly will come for PS4.

#7 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

No real gamer wants another COD rip off. And xboners are not gamers they're the opposite of that.

#8 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

i'll just wait for the better ps4 version of Titanfall 2.

#9 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7415 posts) -

I own a PS4 and I bite my pillow and cry myself to sleep (Suppaman200 style) because there is no TitanFall.

I just wish Sony was a company who had money to get good deals and bring games like this to the Quad.

Resogun was good for 5 minutes and I can play it on FB anytime I want. Now I am just bored.

#10 Posted by rogelio22 (2381 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: yea but what I was getting at is if I really wanted to play titanfall and didnt want to pay $560 for xb1 plus live...id jus buy a 750ti. Meanin ps4 only owners have the option of playing it without purchasing an xb1. Otherwise xb1 only owners have to buy a ps4 to play ss

#11 Posted by RR360DD (11984 posts) -

@tyloss said:

No, I honestly don't care. I've had enough fun with Call Of Duty, I don't need a half assed clone of the same game again.

Out with the in and in with the new, I wish they'd show more of Destiny.

LOL mega butthurt. You guys are actually TOO obvious. Try harder.

#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

@rogelio22 said:

@BattleSpectre: yea but what I was getting at is if I really wanted to play titanfall and didnt want to pay $560 for xb1 plus live...id jus buy a 750ti. Meanin ps4 only owners have the option of playing it without purchasing an xb1. Otherwise xb1 only owners have to buy a ps4 to play ss

All good, it's a little late where I live and I totally forgot about that sensible option lol, my bad.

#13 Posted by ni6htmare01 (976 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Don't care and don't wanted because it is a MP only game. I prefer SP and third person action or shooters rather than FPS MP only type of games.

#14 Posted by Netret0120 (2198 posts) -

I am going to try out Titanfall on my PC which will have a better framerate than the X1. I want my ps4 for the inevitable goty gems to come.

#15 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

The solution to this of course is to get both Xbox One and PS4.
Win.
But can't go wrong with either Infamous or Titanfall.

(Titanfall is on PC also, so am sure the PC community will be all over it, can imagine the mods already for it being epic)

#16 Edited by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Don't care and don't wanted because it is a MP only game. I prefer SP and third person action or shooters rather than FPS MP only type of games.

True, but don't forget they do want to introduce a campaign through the multiplayer. If they can pull it off it sounds like a lot of fun.

#17 Edited by ni6htmare01 (976 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

True, but don't forget they do want to introduce a campaign through the multiplayer. If they can pull it off it sounds like a lot of fun.

possible. but for me at least is hard to play MP, because of wife and a baby. I need to pause a game all the time so MP is a no no. So I will not buy Titan Fall if it is a MP only game

#18 Posted by blamix99 (2049 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

I am going to try out Titanfall on my PC which will have a better framerate than the X1. I want my ps4 for the inevitable goty gems to come.

#19 Edited by trugs26 (5568 posts) -

I couldn't give a crap about inFamous. Titanfall looks somewhat interesting, but not 100% my cup of tea.

I'm not an Xbot or a Cow though.

I *might* consider getting Titanfall on PC. Depends on how I feel.

#20 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@RR360DD: oooh, seems I struck a nerve.

#21 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

I ain't a massive fan of first person shooters, and sony gives me great story and great quality games, Titanfall is nothing but a FPS fans dream, and it's on PC so i can just get it for that anyway.

#22 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@rogelio22 said:

But I don't have an old Dell, I don't have a tower at all. Unless I can shove that 750ti in my laptop then I'll have to get it on X1.

It's 2014, not everyone owns a tower, not portable enough.

#23 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Inevitable???

#24 Posted by arkephonic (6457 posts) -

I own a PS4, Wii U, gaming PC and no Xbox One. I'll be getting Titanfall for PC. Even if I had an Xbox One, I'd still get Titanfall on PC because it's the definitive version. That said, I'm still not sure I'm even getting the game, I'm waiting on reviews.

#25 Posted by Shewgenja (9614 posts) -

I'll be playing Titanfall in 1080p and full settings. Notevenmadbro.

#26 Posted by arkephonic (6457 posts) -

Is it true that Titanfall is multiplayer only? That sounds really crappy, this is the first I've heard of this.

#27 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIV > TItanfall

#28 Posted by rogelio22 (2381 posts) -

@Spartan070: yeah I forgot bout laptop only owners! Lol but u can also play on the 360 for under $200

#29 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72269 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Nope, i am not a fan of the game. So i won't get it anyways. Titanfall would be great for the system overall, but i wouldn't care

#30 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Personally I will never play a Titanfall game on any system. The words 'Multiplayer only' and 'FPS' is enough to turn me away. That's not to say that the casual gamer won't love Titanfall. I'm sure they'll enjoy it, buy it en mass and play it religiously. It's just not for me in any way shape or form. I prefer story driven action/adventure or RPGs.

P.S. As a side note I cringe every time a fanboy calls a game/system by a stupid name. Either Pauperstation, indiestation, X-bone, Xbox-done, Flopamous: Second Flop, Titanfail (which is at least a little clever). Can we just agree to proof read before we post people. As a rule if you read a post back and think it sounds like a douche wrote it then just don't post it.

#31 Posted by MdBrOtha04 (1822 posts) -

Its always nice to have a choice. I'll be getting it on the Xbox One first. All of my friends will be on that one.

#32 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6560 posts) -

No not really, but then I am somewhat o a minority I think, I loathe FPS games on console in general (I find the control scheme and gamespeed somewhat appaling most of the time, although some games managed to pull it off, maybe Titalfall will). But my PS4 was bought mostly for exclusives, fighting games, platformers and JRPGs (and general odd games I hope the Japanese dares to bring to the table this gen). Oh and 3rd person action games.

FPS, RPG, RTS, SIMs and horror games are usually directed towards my pc :)

If you did not have a pc capable of titanfall, and only owned a PS4 then I could see some people might be envious.

#33 Posted by m_machine024 (15017 posts) -

I'm planning to get a PS4/WiiU combo but I would like to try out TitanFall.

#34 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8978 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 I'll be in the same boat within a year because of wife (already) and a baby (not yet)

#35 Posted by slaves (1283 posts) -

It would be nice if it were on PS4, I would definitely buy it but on the other hand I feel like I would play it for about two weeks and then quit just like I do with Call of Duty. I'm not that great at online shooters.

#36 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5048 posts) -

im not a ps4 owner but even if titanfall was coming to ps4 i wouldnt buy a ps4 for it because it releases for pc/x360 anyway. also the bots news killed all the hype for me, i dont give a sh%t about this game anymore, probably buy it when it goes dirt cheap in sales.

more interested in destiny, might buy ps4 for it because it looks to take advantage of nextgen hardware.

#37 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2736 posts) -

No cause i don't play mp.

#38 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5048 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

Is it true that Titanfall is multiplayer only? That sounds really crappy, this is the first I've heard of this.

i dont think there is an overarching campaign story, just multiplayer matches with basic story like capture the hill or something. personally dont think its worth the full price

“With the campaign multiplayer, you’ll play once through as the IMC and once through as the Militia. Because it’s a multiplayer game, it’s always moving. It’ll start out with these scripted sequences, and there’ll be way more dialog and characters and way more context for the world than you would otherwise get in the classic modes, but it’s not a single-player game. It is still a multiplayer game with story elements woven in.”

http://gamerant.com/titanfall-story-campaign-details-length/

#39 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

Lets keep Titanfall stuff in the sticky please.