Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#201 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@locopatho said:
@bobrossperm said:

Nintendo were designing better games than Skyrim in the 80's. They aren't scrubs, they had never made a 3D game before Mario 64.

It's not the 80s, when they ruled the world. It's not the 90s, when they made the near flawless transition to 3D. And it's not the early 00s, when they made glorious, cutting edge AAA blockbuster games with impressive worlds (Windwaker, Metroid Prime)

It's 2017. I have huge hopes for this game and can't wait to play it but people hyping it up as the best open world game ever, when Nintendo haven't even competed in that style for over a decade, is very silly. The last two console Zeldas were scared retreats back into N64 design: small, sterile, linear, empty. This is the first time they're trying to open it up again in forever.

I think the game will be awesome, but I absolutely do not expect it to come close to the best open worlds.

I think it speaks more volumes for how fucking mediocre open world games are as video games, than say some grand expertise of Nintendo. I'd say it's the same reason Conan and I fell in love with Ground Zeroes, and were on the Phantom Pain hype train. If Kojima's brand of bat shit n knack for making pocket sandboxes can nail that, but on a bigger scale, he'll be schooling these open world cats in no time. Now I think people foolishly focus too much on how bland the setting can be at times, and not the larger issue with that game: side ops are bullshit, it's missing difficulty settings, not enough boss fights for a metal gear game, and oh right, chapter 2 is wankery. But in terms of a actually being a sandbox game it's ahead of the curve on any open world game that isn't a Bethesda game, and in comparison to a Bethesda game, the actual mechanics don't suck dick.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

@locopatho: It's more than you can do in the Elder Scrolls, lol.

What is total freedom according to you, if not the restrictions in moving your character around the world?

But you probably can't become an assassin, craft your own gear, and then build a pillow fort. What you're talking about is the ability to traverse some obstacles. Skyrim actually offers freedom. If you don't want to save the world, a giant monument of all the guard's armor you've killed fit neatly in a house works. The main quest might as well be a tutorial.

Edit: And can we clarify? Is this really an open world or is it a large world hub with areas sectioned off by items. For instance, wind waker was an open world to some extent, but it was more of a scenic route to gated areas. It's not a true open world like gta, skyrim, mgs5, gta clones... etc when very little is gated off... and in skyrim's case most of the gates can be picked.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

no.

nintendo games havent been influential in many years.

@omnichris said:

I'm not seeing anything specifically special about it. Just lots of green.. and more green.

Then you clearly haven't actually followed anything about the game.

It is one of the largest open worlds of all time, with full interactivity and full permanence, and total seamlessness too. Literally no other open world game yet has done that.

Horizon Zero Dawn says otherwise...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@m_machine024 said:

Can anyone here tell me which game sets the top standard for open world games right now?

I like Far Cry 4 when it comes to getting around the world. It's a shooter in a modern day setting. Obviously, it has to follow some conventions of reality such as being limited in areas the character can climb and in a feasible manner such as grappling hooks or the Buzzer or shallow slopes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#205 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@scatteh316: no it doesn't

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Bread_or_Decide

@scatteh316 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

no.

@omnichris said:

I'm not seeing anything specifically special about it. Just lots of green.. and more green.

It is one of the largest open worlds of all time, with full interactivity and full permanence, and total seamlessness too. Literally no other open world game yet has done that.

Apparently BOTW is larger than Skyrim but smaller than Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Not sure where horizon fits on that scale.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@waahahah said:

But you probably can't become an assassin, craft your own gear, and then build a pillow fort. What you're talking about is the ability to traverse some obstacles. Skyrim actually offers freedom. If you don't want to save the world, a giant monument of all the guard's armor you've killed fit neatly in a house works. The main quest might as well be a tutorial.

Edit: And can we clarify? Is this really an open world or is it a large world hub with areas sectioned off by items. For instance, wind waker was an open world to some extent, but it was more of a scenic route to gated areas. It's not a true open world like gta, skyrim, mgs5, gta clones... etc when very little is gated off... and in skyrim's case most of the gates can be picked.

Zelda isn't an RPG.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

I'm calling it. Zelda BotW will get an 8. Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda threads will be a thing.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Bread_or_Decide

@Guy_Brohski said:

I'm calling it. Zelda BotW will get an 8. Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda threads will be a thing.

Early previews feel like a 9 and maybe even a ten. This game is enormous. Everyone is having a different experience with BOTW. That's the kind of open world design that gamers love.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 waahahah

@Juub1990 said:
@waahahah said:

Zelda isn't an RPG.

And? The argument is freedom vs traversal options. A lot of open world games don't make good use of their worlds and it just turns into padding. I don't see the new zelda breaking any new ground just losing its identy. Open world games tend to have lots of padding.

The reason why games like GTA5/Skyrim/Fallout work is the amount of unique quests and content. Admittedly I haven't played witcher 3 yet but I hear it's on the same level. MGS5 to some extent had amazing sand box moments but the entire open maps weren't put to good use.

When I see stuff like 76 side quests, 120 mini dungeons, 900 korok puzzles, I think of ubisofts open world design where there is a big check list of shit to do of the same thing stamped all over the place. Although the 76 side quests sound more unique content but... we'll see.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Juub1990
@waahahah said:

And? The argument is freedom vs traversal options. A lot of open world games don't make good use of their worlds and it just turns into padding. I don't see the new zelda breaking any new ground just losing its identy. Open world games tend to have lots of padding.

The reason why games like GTA5/Skyrim/Fallout work is the amount of unique quests and content. Admittedly I haven't played witcher 3 yet but I hear it's on the same level. MGS5 to some extent had amazing sand box moments but the entire open maps weren't put to good use.

When I see stuff like 76 side quests, 120 mini dungeons, 900 korok puzzles, I think of ubisofts open world design where there is a big check list of shit to do of the same thing stamped all over the place. Although the 76 side quests sound more unique content but... we'll see.

Well you said "In Zelda you can't become an assassin". That's because Zelda isn't an RPG.

GTA V/Skyrim and Fallout 4 all suck. The Witcher 3 actually has interesting quests and a compelling narrative. That's more due to its good writing than its admittedly mediocre gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

I felt like the number of tools you had in MGSV outweighed the ways and areas in which you could use them.

Really, the sandbox elements of the game are only ever interesting in the outposts, making the larger world unnecessary and not a good use of the sandbox, in my opinion. I still think the game would have been more fun if it was level based or had a more condensed level structure similar to Deus Ex.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Bread_or_Decide

@waahahah said:
@Juub1990 said:
@waahahah said:

Zelda isn't an RPG.

To be fair...much of the game has been kept secret. You have to play it yourself to find out. The best open games allow the player to feel like they're in a world that lives and breathes without them. NPC's going about their lives, side quests that don't seem to be just waiting for you. It's an illusion, and when properly implemented lends itself to creating some of the best open worlds in gaming. I thought skyrim excelled at this illusion.

Early previews say BOTW lets you go anywhere you want without restrictions. Enemy encounters can be handled in a bevy of ways. You traverse the world as you see fit, no hand holding, no "one right way" to play it. To me those are the ingredients to an excellent open world.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

no.

@omnichris said:

Apparently BOTW is larger than Skyrim but smaller than Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Not sure where horizon fits on that scale.

no one really knows how big Horizon really is, but it doesn matter. I dont understand this arguement of "Big maps, means best game"

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Juub1990
@kend0_kap0ni said:

no one really knows how big Horizon really is, but it doesn matter. I dont understand this arguement of "Big maps, means best game"

Me either. I recall on the bethsoft forums the tears that ensued when it was suggested Skyrim's map was smaller than Oblivion's. Gamers were losing their shit. As if it somehow meant Skyrim would be more boring than Oblivion which frankly is impossible to accomplish.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@xboxiphoneps3: I'm sure we'd all rather listen to all the previews who state the world is both living and breathing than some nobody on the forum. Nice try though.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Has not this been debunked already so why is this fake news still here???

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 waahahah

@Bread_or_Decide said:

To be fair...much of the game has been kept secret. You have to play it yourself to find out. The best open games allow the player to feel like they're in a world that lives and breathes without them. NPC's going about their lives, side quests that don't seem to be just waiting for you. It's an illusion, and when properly implemented lends itself to creating some of the best open worlds in gaming. I thought skyrim excelled at this illusion.

Early previews say BOTW lets you go anywhere you want without restrictions. Enemy encounters can be handled in a bevy of ways. You traverse the world as you see fit, no hand holding, no "one right way" to play it. To me those are the ingredients to an excellent open world.

Its not an RPG so the "no right way to play" doesn't really hold up here. And lets be real, its zelda, There is likely plenty of hand holding, its just not going to force you into a sequential set of dungeons. I'm not really sure if you get the concept of hand holding...

@Juub1990 said:

Well you said "In Zelda you can't become an assassin". That's because Zelda isn't an RPG.

GTA V/Skyrim and Fallout 4 all suck. The Witcher 3 actually has interesting quests and a compelling narrative. That's more due to its good writing than its admittedly mediocre gameplay.

Again the argument is about traversal options. They are just traversal options, its nothing amazing and not really a level of freedom thats unprecedented when you consider a game like gta5 that lets you do almost anything but climb, or assassins creed that pretty much offers everything but a hand glider. We have tons of open world games that offer almost everything zelda has. Plenty of games offer total freedom, I don't see how a climbing mechanic makes it fundamentally more free than skyrim where it allows you to go anywhere as well.

Also saying GTAV/Skryim/Fallout 4 suck... zelda's gameplay has never been above what these games offer. Its simplistic mostly counter based combat, and easy.

Granted my POV is mostly coming from being burnt out on terrible open world games that are filled with filler. Even Skyrim has its fair share of filler. One of the things I've always looked forward to with zelda is a more directed and paced approach. And being burnt out on open world games I just don't see what zelda is brining to the table to make me feel any different. It has a crap ton of mini dungeons / puzzles and to me, it looks like padding, and filler content.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Juub1990
@waahahah said:

Its not an RPG so the "no right way to play" doesn't really hold up here. And lets be real, its zelda, There is likely plenty of hand holding, its just not going to force you into a sequential set of dungeons. I'm not really sure if you get the concept of hand holding...

Again the argument is about traversal options. They are just traversal options, its nothing amazing and not really a level of freedom thats unprecedented when you consider a game like gta5 that lets you do almost anything but climb, or assassins creed that pretty much offers everything but a hand glider. We have tons of open world games that offer almost everything zelda has. Plenty of games offer total freedom, I don't see how a climbing mechanic makes it fundamentally more free than skyrim where it allows you to go anywhere as well.

Also saying GTAV/Skryim/Fallout 4 suck... zelda's gameplay has never been above what these games offer. Its simplistic mostly counter based combat, and easy.

Granted my POV is mostly coming from being burnt out on terrible open world games that are filled with filler. Even Skyrim has its fair share of filler. One of the things I've always looked forward to with zelda is a more directed and paced approach. And being burnt out on open world games I just don't see what zelda is brining to the table to make me feel any different. It has a crap ton of mini dungeons / puzzles and to me, it looks like padding, and filler content.

You can't become an assassin in GTA either. Simply because it's not an RPG. You also can't become an assassin in Far Cry again because it's not an RPG. I have no idea why not being able to role play in a non role-playing game is an issue for you.

You really haven't looked at the videos if you think all Breath of the Wild offers are traversal options.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Bread_or_Decide

@waahahah said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

To me hand holding is when Fi keeps telling you what to do and what things do even when its obvious. To me hand holding is when the game keeps reminding you how much a yellow rupee is worth even 40 hours into the game.

So far early previews say that zelda drops you into the world and you can go anywhere you want. One player said they booked it to hyrule castle only a few minutes in.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Sgt_Crow

@no-scope-AK47: Not debunked this has yet, unlike your stupidness has.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 waahahah

@Juub1990 said:

You can't become an assassin in GTA either. Simply because it's not an RPG. You also can't become an assassin in Far Cry again because it's not an RPG. I have no idea why not being able to role play in a non role-playing game is an issue for you.

You really haven't looked at the videos if you think all Breath of the Wild offers are traversal options.

Ok... My argument wasn't necessarily saying zelda you arent' free, its not offering anything truly new in the freedom department. And you no one has been able to say exactly why other than its more free than every other game and bigger too.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

To me hand holding is when Fi keeps telling you what to do and what things do even when its obvious. To me hand holding is when the game keeps reminding you how much a yellow rupee is worth even 40 hours into the game.

So far early previews say that zelda drops you into the world and you can go anywhere you want. One player said they booked it to hyrule castle only a few minutes in.

Do you realize what you're saying is dumb. You acknowledge that hand holding has to do with excessive guidance then give an example that has nothing to do with guidance to say zelda isn't hand holding. Being able to go anywhere is a linear vs nonlinear difference. Comparing it to something like skyrim we already know it has more hand holding, side quests are denoted with a red exclamation mark so you don't have to engage with villagers on the same level skyrim. Although they both have quests markers so you don't have to engage in thinking about where to go...

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

Maybe, but...

Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop off their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance.Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/#ixzz4ZcuWPnbX

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Juub1990

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Maybe, but...

Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop off their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance.Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/#ixzz4ZcuWPnbX

What can we say? Nintendo devs are pros. Guerilla Games devs are bros. Pros always beat bros.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Juub1990: nah man. I'm sure HZD is awesome. It's just, you know, Zelda.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Bread_or_Decide

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

Maybe, but...

Breath of the Wild hardcore confirmed.

I'd hate to divert attention away from zelda but now imagine what they've got planned for mario odyssey?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 no-scope-AK47

@Sgt_Crow said:

I'm sorry I speak english not gibberish lolz

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#230  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I wonder what Jeff Gerstmann will think of Zelda. He's been kinda done with Nintendo for a long time now, but games like SM Maker and Picross softened his resolve. He absolutely loved Horizon: Zero Dawn. More so than anyone else I've seen. So I really wonder if this game can beat Horizon for him. Not that it would influence my enjoyment of the games.

I'll be playing both eventually and I will compare them afterwards just to see if the reviewers were being fair.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Get back to me when it sells 75 million copies and is still played daily by millions 3 years after launch like GTA V.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Juub1990

@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

I'm sorry I speak english not gibberish lolz

I think he was impersonating Yoda.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Juub1990

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Get back to me when it sells 75 million copies and is still played daily by millions 3 years after launch like GTA V.

I remember the days when trolls were subtle.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Sgt_Crow

@no-scope-AK47: I was impersonating your impersonation of fanboy Yoda, lol.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

There has never been a Zelda game as good as GTA V. Sorry that the truth hurts. Skyward Sword was basically shovelware and now you expect BotW to reinvent the wheel? lol

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Bread_or_Decide

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Juub1990 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

There has never been a Zelda game as good as GTA V. Sorry that the truth hurts. Skyward Sword was basically shovelware and now you expect BotW to reinvent the wheel? lol

Threatened gamer is threatened.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 no-scope-AK47

I am at a loss here. People are happy nintendo is releasing a wii u game on a new platform and killing the wii u smdh???

I know many of the main people pushing this are shills but this is disgusting.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Juub1990

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@Sgt_Crow said:

@no-scope-AK47: I was impersonating your impersonation of fanboy Yoda, lol.

OH carry on then.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Bread_or_Decide

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I am at a loss here. People are happy nintendo is releasing a wii u game on a new platform and killing the wii u smdh???

Oh, please. You don't care about Wii U. Don't pretend like you ever did.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 no-scope-AK47

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Deflect much what's next name calling sad just sad.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Bread_or_Decide

@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Just like trump.

SAD!

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Bread_or_Decide

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@Sgt_Crow: These previews are from Nintedo lovehards, of course they are gonna say good things about it. But if you just use your eyes and watch all the videos of the game, you can easily see a game that is no where near the level of actual open world games, the world isn't alive and breathing when you can only see 4 mobs within a mile of you and 5 trees , with flat terrain covering most of the distance, a lot of static elements, lack of detail in draw distance, etc. It is no where near setting the standard of open world, new standard for RPG? Yes most likely, a new standard for open world games? Not even 1% close

Beautiful marvelous technical open world master piece..... No but seriously San Andreas is more open world and alive then this game is, quit trolling now please, simple logic and using your eyes goes against everything you said. you don't need to be anybody to see this, you just need to be at least 8 years old to understand this simple fact

So you want the screen filled with mindless droning NPC's? By that standard assassins creed games are the best open world games ever made.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 no-scope-AK47

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Just like trump.

SAD!

Trump ok cause that totally belongs in system wars and is related to the topic lolz.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag:

First you invoke ad populum and then you imply that GTAV is a good game.

A technical showpiece but it hardly even qualifies as a game. I say that having enjoyed a full play-through of the campaign. Other than the driving it's mechanics and gameplay loop are both puddle deep and super repetitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#247 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Game looks terrible graphically imo.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

Me either. I recall on the bethsoft forums the tears that ensued when it was suggested Skyrim's map was smaller than Oblivion's. Gamers were losing their shit. As if it somehow meant Skyrim would be more boring than Oblivion which frankly is impossible to accomplish.

yeah... its all about the content in the map and what can be do.

Look at Just Cause vs MGS5 vs Shadow of Mordor. You can do much more in Just Cause 2's world because of the type of content and style of gameplay. MGS5 has the most boring open world and its pretty empty. Shadow of Mordor is limited by its style of gameplay and even tho its fun, there isnt much going on in the world map.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 no-scope-AK47

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@Sgt_Crow: These previews are from Nintedo lovehards, of course they are gonna say good things about it. But if you just use your eyes and watch all the videos of the game, you can easily see a game that is no where near the level of actual open world games, the world isn't alive and breathing when you can only see 4 mobs within a mile of you and 5 trees , with flat terrain covering most of the distance, a lot of static elements, lack of detail in draw distance, etc. It is no where near setting the standard of open world, new standard for RPG? Yes most likely, a new standard for open world games? Not even 1% close

Beautiful marvelous technical open world master piece..... No but seriously San Andreas is more open world and alive then this game is, quit trolling now please, simple logic and using your eyes goes against everything you said. you don't need to be anybody to see this, you just need to be at least 8 years old to understand this simple fact

Too much truth. It's easy to create a massive world when not much is going on. The fact that is has this much trouble despite the last gen graphics speaks volumes. Sorry I forgot that is was a wii u game my bad lolz.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@xboxiphoneps3:

You have good reason to be concerned but we've hardly seen any of the game's settlements nor have we seen it's dungeons. Well, actually, if you want to spoil everything you can find that info online. Besides any yet to be seen towns there are many videos that show ares that are full of wildlife.