Brand new Legend Of Heroes game announced for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

And vita! Falcom the creator of the legend of heroes games ( JRPGS ) have announced a new game in the LoH series called The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash!

The game is coming out next year only on PS3 and Vita

love you falcom.. now XSEED LOCALIZE THIS!

SE should learn from Falcom!

more:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash has a new battle system dubbed the Tactic Link System. Players still pick commands to fight, but its designed to be fast. Players will overwhelm enemies with the strength of their bonds. The game also has an active voice system so youll hear voices everywhere when youre walking around and you can overhear conversations while in town. Falcom added a free camera you can rotate 360 degrees to check out the map.

sennoki2.jpg

Oh, and of course The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash has been improved dramatically on the visual side with HD graphics.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/14/next-game-in-falcoms-legend-of-heroes-series-is-for-ps3-and-vita/#h35yM7KgrMvZ5GAt.99

siliconera

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
A brand new what game?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 finalstar2007

A brand new what game?charizard1605

You dont know legend of heroes? :o.. you play too much mario man :P

Legend of heroes! google is yo friend!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalstar2007

Looking forward to playing the English version in 2037!

Slashkice

Thats too early.. should be out by 2200 and be on PSN for the PS24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]A brand new what game?finalstar2007

Actually, I don't particularly care for Mario ;) Still don't know what Legend of Heroes is.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

looks interesting, I may get it but that just depends on how much funds I'll have by that time. Maybe I'll wait for a discount on it before importing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
Never heard of it.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]A brand new what game?charizard1605

Actually, I don't particularly care for Mario ;) Still don't know what Legend of Heroes is.

lol no worries.. no one is ever fully informared about games and gaming.. heck only this year is when i actually knew the hero green dude in zelda isnt named zelda lol ( off topic i know).. legend of heroes are quality JRPGs.. its been so long since the last time we'v seen a console game of LoH.. anyways this was the lastest LoH game in english http://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

lol no worries.. no one is ever fully informared about games and gaming.. heck only this year is when i actually knew the hero green dude in zelda isnt named zelda lol ( off topic i know).. legend of heroes are quality JRPGs.. its been so long since the last time we'v seen a console game of LoH.. anyways this was the lastest LoH game in english http://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/

finalstar2007

It's a series of story-intensive turn-based JRPGs. They're supposed to be really good, but the localization for titles is lagging behind. XSEED has only released Trails in the Sky. Counting this newest announcement, I think we're five games behind now - which matters because the story is huge in these games. The recent PS3 and Vita ports might help in getting the games over here, but who knows at this point.

If Shiro is around, he can give you a better answer about the gameplay since TlTS is still in my backlog.

Slashkice
Ahhh, okay, I see. Are these PSP games? Because if so, maybe I can pick them up for cheap (and if they are, can I find them on PSN?) Also Slash, was that abbreviation done on purpose? :P
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

charizard1605

It's a series of story-intensive turn-based JRPGs. They're supposed to be really good, but the localization for titles is lagging behind. XSEED has only released Trails in the Sky. Counting this newest announcement, I think we're five games behind now - which matters because the story is huge in these games. The recent PS3 and Vita ports might help in getting the games over here, but who knows at this point.

If Shiro is around, he can give you a better answer about the gameplay since TlTS is still in my backlog.

Slashkice
Ahhh, okay, I see. Are these PSP games? Because if so, maybe I can pick them up for cheap (and if they are, can I find them on PSN?) Also Slash, was that abbreviation done on purpose? :P

Well seems ps3 is finally getting some decent jrpgs on its last year plz xseed localize this asap :O
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Slashkice

You pretty much nailed it.
Strategy RPG combat basically. Very story heavy games, quite linear but VERY lengthy.
Great games.

Not sure what to make of this announcement as I havent played anything after Trails I-III. Happy the series is continuing but the school teen theme.... ehhhh..

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Basically this game is made by one of the most underrated RPG devs of all time, Falcom, who can create good games with a tactic like battle system in a way like SMT (If I recall), and also their games can hold amazing music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUvDSC1Qtc A lot of the games came out for the PSP, most recieved mediocre ratings from critics, but high appraisal from gamers themselves. Don't worry you guys, this game isn't Neptunia or Mugen Souls crap. :D
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
It is so exciting to hear about a game that will never come out outside of Japan.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Actually, I don't particularly care for Mario ;) Still don't know what Legend of Heroes is.Slashkice

That is the best acronym in the history of gaming.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalstar2007

It is so exciting to hear about a game that will never come out outside of Japan.IAmNot_fun

It will be localized, it just might take a little time as these games are huge in terms of text translation

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

This is great finally some more JRPG! Legend of Heroes is an underrated series.....with Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia I'm ready to roll

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalstar2007

This is great finally some more JRPG! Legend of Heroes is an underrated series.....with Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia I'm ready to roll

AdamPA1006

Dont forget there is also Disgaea D2 ( direct sequal to Disgaea 1), Disgaea 5, Tales of Xillia 2 and hopefully more :D

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Day one import like always for both versions. Unfortunately by the time this game got localized by XSeed if it even does, you could be fluent in Japanese if you started studying in 2013 since this game wouldn't come out till around 2016 at the earliest. Xseed is already 3 Trails games behind with this being the 4th and Falcom keeps adding more text and voice acting per game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
PS3 has more games than ever. Thank you Sony.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalstar2007

Day one import like always for both versions. Unfortunately by the time this game got localized by XSeed if it even does, you could be fluent in Japanese if you started studying in 2013 since this game wouldn't come out till around 2016 at the earliest. Xseed is already 3 Trails games behind with this being the 4th and Falcom keeps adding more text and voice acting per game.

FlamesOfGrey

You think NISA got a chance to take this new game over and localize it themselvs? NISA seem much faster in terms of localizing games or heck maybe Atlus

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]A brand new what game?charizard1605

How can you be sheep king and not care for Mario? 0_o

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

finalstar2007

You think NISA got a chance to take this new game over and localize it themselvs? NISA seem much faster in terms of localizing games or heck maybe Atlus

No, there's a level of respect among these publishers and they don't try to take series away from other niche publishers. Only way someone else would take over localizing the Legend Of Heroes games is if Xseed decides to end their deal with Falcom and not work on them anymore. Considering Xseed still does have plans to localize Trails in the Sky 2nd Chapter, it's not happening.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]It is so exciting to hear about a game that will never come out outside of Japan.finalstar2007

It will be localized, it just might take a little time as these games are huge in terms of text translation

Oh yes, so exciting. Remind me when it does happen, I will be busy playing other games with more relevance.
Avatar image for TrueAmerican007
TrueAmerican007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TrueAmerican007
Member since 2012 • 671 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]It is so exciting to hear about a game that will never come out outside of Japan.funsohng

Oh yes, so exciting. Remind me when it does happen, I will be busy playing other games with more relevance.

You should be playing COD then, since it's more relevant than any of the sh!t you play.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

TrueAmerican007

You should be playing COD then, since it's more relevant than any of the sh!t you play.

Pokemon is more relevant then cod.

Avatar image for TrueAmerican007
TrueAmerican007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrueAmerican007
Member since 2012 • 671 Posts

[QUOTE="TrueAmerican007"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Oh yes, so exciting. Remind me when it does happen, I will be busy playing other games with more relevance.Meeeper282

Pokemon is more relevant then cod.

nah, only if you're under 12 years of age.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

So it's a game about school kids with weapons?

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

Omg I am so hyped! This is the best JRPG series in Japan right now. I half can't believe I was right about it being for PS3! Wow!

You need to update the OP! Omg omg omg

screenshot20121214at303.png

For reference, THIS is what the last installment of the series looked like:

hako3.jpg

Update the OP with the pictures in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504117

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Vaasman

Pretty much my thoughts.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
ive skipped too many rpg's this gen. I may need to give these unique titles a look
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CLOUDsea

What these games are about, is the political/supernatural going ons in a continent called Zemuria. So it's kind of like Suikoden, except way more depth and way more story heavy. The last game, Ao no Kiseki, is way more "political" than, say, FFXII.

Not too happy about the school thing, but I guess they want that mass audience for a higher budget project. It's too bad though, because the last games had a police theme that I thought was pretty fresh, if a bit silly.

Concept art is following the fish eye thing again.

phBdA.jpg

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

is it coming in english ?

if not then whats the point of caring

damn 2012 has been hard on cows

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

high school kids with weapons? meh that theme is so overdone

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

Heh, that just reminded me that I still haven't picked up Trails in the Sky. Should be able to get it for cheap by now, I assume. But, yeah, considering the state of localization of the series, no one will be playing this in English for a long time.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

DJ-Lafleur

Pretty much my thoughts.

The story and characters themselves will most likely make up for the crappy theme, Falcom has done well with the series so far.
I understand skepticism though, Im kinda worried myself.

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CLOUDsea

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Shirokishi_

Pretty much my thoughts.

The story and characters themselves will most likely make up for the crappy theme, Falcom has done well with the series so far.
I understand skepticism though, Im kinda worried myself.

I think the school setting is a reason for some concern, but the thing is Falcom has already heavily hinted at the tone the story would take in previous entries. The last games implied that all of the huge stuff was going to go down in this region and I fully expected it to take place in Erebonia. School setting is reason for concern, but it's been done okay before (FFVIII, FF Type 0). Undoubtedly the game will have a heavy political focus that will ground all of the lightweight school stuff. You might say Valkyria Chronicles, but as much as I love the gameplay, VC was already fairly light fare (in spite of subject matter). If it retains the tone of Zero and Ao we should be fine.

[spoiler] And there's no loli this time. [/spoiler]

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the first one was for the PsP and it sold so bad they didn't even bring the PS3 version, so what makes you think that they will bring the sequel?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FlamesOfGrey

the first one was for the PsP and it sold so bad they didn't even bring the PS3 version, so what makes you think that they will bring the sequel?

Gue1

The PS3 version just came out in Japan two days ago and was only announced a few months ago. What are you talking about?

Also, Xseed despite poor sales of the first game are currently working on the translation for the 2nd game in the Sora No Kiseki trilogy in between the other games they localize.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
XSEED is really tolerant of bad sales, they'll localize things they see have potential. However, I don't believe I've seen them localize a PS3 game yet. The Last Story was apparently their most successful title to date.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FlamesOfGrey
XSEED is really tolerant of bad sales, they'll localize things they see have potential. However, I don't believe I've seen them localize a PS3 game yet. The Last Story was apparently their most successful title to date. SonicNextGen2
They are considering localizing the PS3 versions of Sora No Kiseki however that has more to due with Sony PSN and fees associated with that. Xseed are probably the smallest U.S. based niche JRPG localization company. Steam is what their translator who posts at the forums says is most likely for the rest of the series 1st and foremost with PSN being next and physical copies being way last.
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CLOUDsea

SCEA could block them from publishing Sora no Kiseki's PS3 port.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Never heard of it. Must be a crap game.

------

btw is that PS3 collection still due?

blackace