Braid's 1200 MS points ($15) Too High?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

Anyone who bought Braid on XBLA think that they were Cheated out of $15?

If so at least provide some evidence that you've played through the game.

Don't want Fake boys falsely claiming so just to make it seem like a bad game without playing it.

Personally. I thought it was well worth the 15 bucks.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I would have prefered $10, but I bought it anyway. Its short, but its great. I don't regret it.
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
Pretty much everyone I've talked to says it was totally worth it, but I don't even own a 360 so I don't know how much my opinion is worth.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
i dont think the price is too high, if u actually do ths puzzles it'll take u longer then using a guide, although it still is a bit short im nearing the end without a guide so far and this is the only game i thinkj its justifiable for the $15 every other game isn't that great.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I really liked this game and was a little iffy at first, about it being $15.

However, once I started playing for a few minutes, it was worth every cent. =)

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
I liked the demo, but I'll wait for a price drop in the future.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Well worth $15. It's longer and better than most portable games I purchase, but at a fraction of the price.
FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
I'd rather buy 3 gallons of gas
tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
it'd be $20+ if it's on the psp or DS so no.
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

Overpriced? YES.

Do I regret buying it? NOPE!

Such a fantastic game, a shame it was so short..... some of the puzzles are quite challenging, but when you finally figure it out, you feel like a fricken GENIUS! All of them aren't super difficult however..... but admittedly I did have to refer to Youtube for 1 of the puzzle pieces.... World 4, the puzzle piece that was on a platform that is much to high to just jump to, and jumping on the back of a "goomba" is not sufficient either.... unfortunately I was not aware of a certain gameplay mechanic at the time, so it seemed impossible.... hence the use of Youtube.

Anyway, I would recommend BRAID to anyone that enjoys a challenge... if thinking isn't your forte then steer clear.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waynehead895
Well worth $15. It's longer and better than most portable games I purchase, but at a fraction of the price. BioShockOwnz
Spent more time with this game than I did with Lost Planet. And I completed that game as well.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Some sort of no. I don't know if I find the puzzles too hard. Haven't finished it yet, but then I don't know if I will since I'm not really a big fan of puzzles, which I guess goes to show you how petty is to argue about $5 more or less.
ANti_RiCeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANti_RiCeR
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
DAVE CHAPPELLE FTW
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
The reason why i don't buy any of the live games is because they are all too expensive. Alot of them offer little more than you'll find on the PC online for free.
ANti_RiCeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ANti_RiCeR
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

I'd rather buy 3 gallons of gasFFXIII360

Your gas is $5

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]I'd rather buy 3 gallons of gasANti_RiCeR

Your gas is $5

Maybe he doesn't live in the states, cos in places like the UK its a **** load more than $5
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
For Braid itself, no. For the games that Braid has now opened the door to 1200 points being standard? Very much too high.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waynehead895
For Braid itself, no. For the games that Braid has now opened the door to 1200 points being standard? Very much too high.foxhound_fox
Castle Crashers maybe. We'll see... i've been waiting quite a while for that one. As for the others... Which games are going to be priced at 1200? Also I'd gladly pay 15 for Dishwasher right now. Though I would prefer it to be 800MSP... that demo was freaking awesome.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
I love the game its so worth the 15 bux.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I got the demo and will buy it once I get enough money to.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox
Castle Crashers maybe. We'll see... i've been waiting quite a while for that one. As for the others... Which games are going to be priced at 1200? Also I'd gladly pay 15 for Dishwasher right now. Though I would prefer it to be 800MSP... that demo was freaking awesome.waynehead895

It's not so much what we as consumers "think" the value of the games actually are but the corporate reasoning that since people are willing to pay $15 for a single XBLA game then they would be willing to pay more for ALL XBLA games. That is something I as a gamer don't like.

I can understand that the guy who made Braid lives off what he makes and doesn't have anything to fall back on but when big name publishers start charging the same amount as that guy for games they could easily take a loss on is when I start to get a little angry.

I have no excuse not to pay money for great games but I don't think every "arcade" downloadable game should be over $10. Most won't really be worth that much.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Based on the demo I might consider picking it up if it goes down to $10. I don't want to set a standard for higher prices. Things have already gone up enough this gen.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Still contemplating getting this.

Maybe next month when my budget allows me to. This month I got wayy too much. New camera lense, Warped tour on Sunday, the AA Flea Market sale was a couple weeks ago, and the constant trips to Hollywood and Downtown leave my wallet aching for gas.

I've played it at a friends house and it looks super fun, I'm sure it's well worth the measly 15 dollars price point.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waynehead895
[QUOTE="waynehead895"]Castle Crashers maybe. We'll see... i've been waiting quite a while for that one. As for the others... Which games are going to be priced at 1200? Also I'd gladly pay 15 for Dishwasher right now. Though I would prefer it to be 800MSP... that demo was freaking awesome.foxhound_fox

It's not so much what we as consumers "think" the value of the games actually are but the corporate reasoning that since people are willing to pay $15 for a single XBLA game then they would be willing to pay more for ALL XBLA games. That is something I as a gamer don't like.

I can understand that the guy who made Braid lives off what he makes and doesn't have anything to fall back on but when big name publishers start charging the same amount as that guy for games they could easily take a loss on is when I start to get a little angry.

I have no excuse not to pay money for great games but I don't think every "arcade" downloadable game should be over $10. Most won't really be worth that much.

This wasn't the first game priced this high but for some reason it's making the biggest noise about it's price. And I'm sure it's better than those other games with the 1200 MSP.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
I'm waiting for it to drop in prince. Not because I think it's too expensive, but because by the time I get my 360 back from repairs I'll have Too Human and Castle Crashers to play so I might as well wait
diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
Easy worth 15 dollars, I wish the puzzles were a little harder though, although looking for the hidden stars are definately more difficult. Its definately worth the money, I loved the game.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
I still have five more puzzle pieces to get, but I can already say that it's my favorite game since Portal so I am totally fine with the price
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waynehead895
I see 9 voted no. I want proof that you've atleast bought the game. Where are you guys at. Post your reasons why
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

I have no excuse not to pay money for great games but I don't think every "arcade" downloadable game should be over $10. Most won't really be worth that much.foxhound_fox

If you feel that way, then don't buy those games. The corporations will get the message when their sales fall below expectations.

You can only be ripped off if you allow yourself to be. So I'm not worried about corporations getting the impression that all games should cost $15. If they start to think that, and act on those impulses inappropriately, I won't buy their games, and they should see the error of their ways.

Braid is well worth the price of admission, and I'm glad I bought it.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
im in world 5 atm, ive completed all the puzzles on all the worlds so far, but world 5 im a bit stuck, btw world 4 or was it 5 with the shadow of tim was pretty cool i thought.
Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
Nope totally worth it. better then alot of $60 games.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 foxhound_fox
If you feel that way, then don't buy those games. The corporations will get the message when their sales fall below expectations.

You can only be ripped off if you allow yourself to be. So I'm not worried about corporations getting the impression that all games should cost $15. If they start to think that, and act on those impulses inappropriately, I won't buy their games, and they should see the error of their ways.

sonicmj1

But see, I do already do that... it's the mainstream public that don't know the difference, the kind of people who eat up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith that are what these publishers are after and that is what makes the market worse off in the end. We can't stop the mainstream public from bending to the publishers will... they already pay what publishers ask and this can only make it worse.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]If you feel that way, then don't buy those games. The corporations will get the message when their sales fall below expectations.

foxhound_fox

But see, I do already do that... it's the mainstream public that don't know the difference, the kind of people who eat up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith that are what these publishers are after and that is what makes the market worse off in the end. We can't stop the mainstream public from bending to the publishers will... they already pay what publishers ask and this can only make it worse.

I agree with this.

See most people just don't care how their actions affect others. They think it doesn't matter if they buy this or that, but by doing that you're using the only vote you have to decide how things will happen in the future. This generation more than ever is all about the money and not about the games, and if the trends continue then it will get much worse before it gets better.

But then, I'm very cynical.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Braid and Castle Crashers are both worth 1200, Braid because of the puzzles, art style and music, and Castle Crashers for the large amount of content (for an arcade game) and the four player online coop. I don't think any other arcade game out now or in the forseeable future will be worth 15 dollars though.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waynehead895
Braid and Castle Crashers are both worth 1200, Braid because of the puzzles, art style and music, and Castle Crashers for the large amount of content (for an arcade game) and the four player online coop. I don't think any other arcade game out now or in the forseeable future will be worth 15 dollars though.pyromaniac223
Dishwasher. Think NGB in 2D with Co-Op. And plenty of Modes to go with it. But I'm hoping for an 800 price points as it was originally an XNA title.
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

I'd rather buy 3 gallons of gasFFXIII360

With microsoft points?