Boycott Mountain Dew

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

If you really want to send GameSpot a message that firing HONEST people so that the website can become DISHONEST is not acceptable to gamers, then call a general boycott on ANY MAIN PAGE ADVERTISER.

Currently that advertiser is Mountain Dew. ---- BOYCOTT MOUNTAIN DEW -----

If you are sickened by the corruption of this once amazing website, then please post this on any forum as many times as you can. Together we will get the attention of the CNET suits. Let us take aim at the only thing they care about: Their wallets.

MODS: You are going to have to decide which side you are on. Are you a tool for the suits that will do their bidding to squash this resistance? Or you a gamer that will stand up for honesty, integrity, and all the editors at GameSpot that have given us so many years of great entertainment. My sympathy to the entire GameSpot staff. Thank you for everything. Down with the lying suits.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

*Takes a swig of Mountain Dew*

Sorry , I am addicted to the Dew.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
No... i like drinking tasty liquids when i want to.
Avatar image for phoenixan_akrau
phoenixan_akrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 phoenixan_akrau
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts
I hated Mountain Dew before anyways. I find it to be too sweet for my taste. Coffee gives me my buzz. :)
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
Its not like Mountain Dew publishes games....and besides Mountain Dew owns.
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts

Drink Coke then... and might as well boycott the company that made your browser coz thats how you're seeing the ads.

Get over it... i mean serious. I'm starting to question Gamespot myself but if you really hate the site.. go to IGN or Gametrailers.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

WHy would be boycott mountain dew? It is the best drink ever on the planet. Cool. Refreshing. Virile.

DO THE DEW!!!

KANE AND LYNCH IS AWESOME!!

Elektrik-Blu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elektrik-Blu
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
yeah M Dew is pretty nasty stuff
-platy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -platy-
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
wouldnt it make more sense to boycott kane&lynch, although i think its bombing anyway lol
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mystikef

Drink Coke then... and might as well boycott the company that made your browser coz thats how you're seeing the ads.

Get over it... i mean serious. I'm starting to question Gamespot myself but if you really hate the site.. go to IGN or Gametrailers.

savetehhaloz

You boycott the advertiser so that they stop advertising on GameSpot, which then puts a dent in CNET's pocketbooks. Which hopefully helps them understand how badly we think they screwed up.

Why would you boycott your browser? WTF?

badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
Support JEFF!!
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

I dont buy mountain dew anyway

Coke>Mountain Dew.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
What harm can Mountain Dew cause? Unless, of course, they publish an epic RPG starring a charismatic young lad in a land of dragons set to discover the long lost Mountain Dew flavor?

That would rock actually.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
No, thats not going to happen :|
masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
okay someone please explain what the big deal is about this guy getting fired. Why do y'all care so much? i keep hearing that he was an honest critic or something like that. Are all the other critics dishonest?if someone could shed some light on the matter, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Sorry but I can't live without the Dew.
Avatar image for phoenixan_akrau
phoenixan_akrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 phoenixan_akrau
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

It's not exactly the issue that he got fired. It questions the integrity of CNet and all game review sites. Are we going to let advertising effect the way games are reviewed? Are we going to let the game companys CONTROL the reviews? I mean, it's the reason games are reviewed, because someone has to cut through the muck and trash and show a game in its true light; not the way the game company wants you to see it. If a game company controls the reviews and reviewers by having them fired for giving an unbiased opinion, that means the review is now useless.

The purpose of a game review is to give a real unbiased opinion about the game so that you, the consumer, don't end up being sucked into a game company's lies.

What if, just for the sake of an argument, Eidos payed GameSpot to give Daikatana a 7/10 review at the least back in the day when it was reviewed here? Wouldn't that be unfair to the consumer because a biased opinion was given - because the "trusted reviewer" gave a positive score on a crappy game?

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
I'm just Pissed that the comercial for "DEWmocracy" is so misleading. I thought it was some new kick*** game, but all it is is an AD.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mystikef

okay someone please explain what the big deal is about this guy getting fired. Why do y'all care so much? i keep hearing that he was an honest critic or something like that. Are all the other critics dishonest?if someone could shed some light on the matter, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.masterconker25

Jeff made sure that advertisers could not have influence over the reviews. That meant that we, the gamers, got honest reviews.

CNET fired Jeff because he was too honest. Advertisers get pissed when their crappy games are given an honest reviews. So GameSpot corporate and CNET fired Jeff so that they could write better reviews for big budget games - whether they deserve it or not.

Jeff was ADAMENT about not letting reviewers accept ANY GIFTS from advertisers, publishers, or developers - so reviews would stay honest. Jeff was fired because he had integrity and CNET doesn't want integrity. They want money.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
I inadvertantly started boycotting Mountain Dew the second I tasted Vault.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Mountain Dew is the most disgusting soda ever created...I don't drink it anyways.
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Mountain Dew is the most disgusting soda ever created...I don't drink it anyways. majadamus

Words coming from lips that have never touched RC.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
God I miss Halo3 Gamer Fuel. Some idiot told me that Code Red was just like it! WRONGG!!! I go around looking for it and sometimes I find a place that still has it but it's a little crazy to do something like that.
taidhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 taidhg
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
If you really wanna show GS you're unhappy with their choice then stop coming to GS its a much better way then convincing 5 or 6 people to stop buying Mountain Dew.
Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Falcon4AF_Ace
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
Boycott Mountain Dew? Bah, you're just some Coca Cola Company fanboy whose whining because SodaSpot flopped Sprite.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

[QUOTE="majadamus"]Mountain Dew is the most disgusting soda ever created...I don't drink it anyways. t3hTwinky

Words coming from lips that have never touched RC.

RC is ambrosia compared to Food Lion cola the only thing worse than that was this stuff I drank marked Cola with clown colors on the label.

xflamedemonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xflamedemonx
Member since 2007 • 424 Posts

i heard that moutain dew make "part of the body" grow smaller

i dont like dew insted i like vault it drinks like a soda kicks like an energy drink8)

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Eh, the couple hundred people that will actually read your post won't make any difference.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mystikef

Eh, the couple hundred people that will actually read your post won't make any difference.Erkidu

That's true. It will take all gamers and fans of "GameSpot when it had integrity" to make a difference.

I can't believ that so many people are willing ot let GameSpot go so easily. CNET just destroyed everything we loved about GameSpot and I can't believe so many people are willing to just let it go.

It is the visitors to GameSpot that have the power, if we act in unison. If there are no visitors, there are no advertisers. If we take aim at advertisers, they will go elsewhere and CNET will need to rethink it's integrity issues.

xflamedemonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xflamedemonx
Member since 2007 • 424 Posts

Although i didnt make an account util recently i loved GS since '01 it was the best if i needed anything it would always have and now its ruined all cause of cnet

Cnet sucks ****

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I quit drinking Soda all together and when I did drink it I hated Mountain Dew to begin with, but I love Vault which is suppose to be Coke's answer to Mountain Dew.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I won't "Undo The Dew."

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I quit drinking Soda all together and when I did drink it I hated Mountain Dew to begin with, but I love Vault which is suppose to be Coke's answer to Mountain Dew.Nintendo_Ownes7

I thought Mellow Yellow was?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]I quit drinking Soda all together and when I did drink it I hated Mountain Dew to begin with, but I love Vault which is suppose to be Coke's answer to Mountain Dew.ArisShadows

I thought Mellow Yellow was?

I think Mellow Yellow is made by the same company that makes 7UP and if not then it might be made by Faygo. (I know some people that drink both Vault and Mountain Dew and they say it tastes roughly the same except Vault tastes a little bit better but it all depends on your tastes.