Both systems are equal in terms of power

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Their is not any one game that can't be done on either system and for that matter it's far to expensive for developers to even try.

Some games will look better just because it's a Dx based development and some games will look better just because it was an exclusive based off of Open GL. If anyone is expecting to ever see a game that looks a ton better on one system over the other keep dreaming it won't happen.

#2 Posted by lostrib (26295 posts) -

so the reason that recent multiplats have looked better on the PS4 is....?

#3 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@lostrib:

Their is no truth to this. BF4 has sightly better textures in the Xbox One version and AC Black flag has slightly better player models in Xbox One with both games having slightly better AA in PS4 version. It's a give and take some games look better because of DX dev tools and some games have maybe slightly better AA on PS4 for slightly higher resolution. It's nothing to put your panties in a wad they both look great and both systems can produce the same games.

#4 Edited by lostrib (26295 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@lostrib:

Their is no truth to this. BF4 has sightly better textures in the Xbox One version and AC Black flag has slightly better player models in Xbox One with both games having slightly better AA in PS4 version. It's a give and take some games look better because of DX dev tools and some games have maybe slightly better AA on PS4 for slightly higher resolution. It's nothing to put your panties in a wad they both look great and both systems can produce the same games.

really? because I'm pretty sure that DF has given the nod to the PS4 versions on most of the popular multiplats, and often note higher resolution and/or better framerate

#5 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@lostrib:

DF is a worthless site just looking for hits IGN usually has the better game comparisons.

#6 Posted by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@lostrib:

That's false. BF4 and AC BF both look noticeably better on the ps4 in every way, there's no debating this anymore. Also the differences in resolution aren't "slight". The differences in resolution in ps3 and 360 multiplats last gen were slight, the differences this gen are much larger.

#7 Posted by ni6htmare01 (799 posts) -

@me3x12: wow! just wow! here we go again. How come PS4 can run it in higher resolution and higher flame rates if both consoles are equal power? Oh I know why. Lazy developers right? Excuse that Cows love to made in last Gen

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4633 posts) -

@ lostrib

He's saying the developers are not gona build two games from scratch using OpenGL (Playstation) and Dx (Xbox). They'l optimize it for one and port it to the other.

To be honest with you I'm not entirely impressed with the difference between 7th Gen graphics and 8th Gen graphics.

They're still behind PC so why is this even an issue ?

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4633 posts) -

@ ni6htmare01

Pretty much.

#10 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

@ lostrib

He's saying the developers are not gona build two games from scratch using OpenGL (Playstation) and Dx (Xbox). They'l optimize it for one and port it to the other.

To be honest with you I'm not entirely impressed with the difference between 7th Gen graphics and 8th Gen graphics.

You need to play Ryse.

#11 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@sora16perfect:

This is false really. Look at this you can see that the player models do look a tad more detailed in the X1 version and slightly washed out in the PS4 version. And again give the nod to better AA on PS4 version

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Xbox_One_vs._PS4_Graphics_Comparison

BF4 textures do look slightly better on X1 over PS4 and again PS4 gets the nod for better AA.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1nw5aHMqdIM_QOF9GWDiU2p3g0ePgc_nxQQVODCJZpNv-B34Q

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20406996/hotukdeals/BF4%20XBOX%20PS%20PC%20COMPARE.png

#12 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@sora16perfect:

This is false really. Look at this you can see that the player models do look a tad more detailed in the X1 version and slightly washed out in the PS4 version. And again give the nod to better AA on PS4 version

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Xbox_One_vs._PS4_Graphics_Comparison

BF4 textures do look slightly better on X1 over PS4 and again PS4 gets the nod for better AA.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1nw5aHMqdIM_QOF9GWDiU2p3g0ePgc_nxQQVODCJZpNv-B34Q

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20406996/hotukdeals/BF4%20XBOX%20PS%20PC%20COMPARE.png

The games must be played in person to pass any real judgement. Pics can be altered etc.

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4633 posts) -

@ Draign

You need to play Super Mario.

Then Play Beyond.

#14 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -

@ lostrib

Who cares if they are behind PC? PS4 has better hardware than Xflop and is $100 cheaper. This should continue to be lorded in the media. Microsoft sure as Hell exploited their slight advantages last generation.

#15 Edited by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -
@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

You need to play Ryse.

Why is that? Ryse would look better on PS4. Also it is a shit game.

@ lostrib

Who cares if they are behind PC? PS4 has better hardware than Xflop and is $100 cheaper. This should continue to be lorded in the media. Microsoft sure as Hell exploited their slight advantages last generation.

#16 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

You need to play Ryse.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

Is RYSE on PS4? Link or not true?

#17 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15595 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Their is not any one game that can't be done on either system and for that matter it's far to expensive for developers to even try.

Some games will look better just because it's a Dx based development and some games will look better just because it was an exclusive based off of Open GL. If anyone is expecting to ever see a game that looks a ton better on one system over the other keep dreaming it won't happen.

Nope, and it's already happening.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4633 posts) -

@ StrongBlackVine

Again if better hardware is what you wan't then PC.

Microsoft's greed is not a reflection on the Xbox Ones performance (atleast I hope it isn't) Graphics are nothing to brag about, not even for PC Games, not if the differences are miniscule. Not if after a while you stop noticing the jaggies and start y'know, playing the game.

Don't be a System Whore, you parents wanted better things for you.

#19 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

You need to play Ryse.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

No it isn't and I wouldn't want to be. PS4 is noticeably stronger and EVERY ONE excecpt lemmings in denial knows it. #dealwithit.

#20 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

I think some people are expecting Xbox One games to look like Wii U games. Still Ryse is the most graphically impressive game out for consoles.

#21 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

What where please show us? because it's not and if you honestly think one system can do a game that the other can't your crazy. They both have the same hardware even Carmack agrees and says this so does Hideo. If you think because one system will run a game at a few more frames or slightly higher resolution that it means another system can't even run the game your nuts. In fact MS with it's March performance update should put this to rest for good freeing up 10% from Kinect back to the GPU will allow games to run more smoother and should eliminate all the internet whining we have seen the past few months.

#22 Posted by I_can_haz (5709 posts) -

I think you're in Stage 3 of the cycle OP....

#23 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@me3x12 said:

What where please show us? because it's not and if you honestly think one system can do a game that the other can't your crazy. They both have the same hardware even Carmack agrees and says this so does Hideo. If you think because one system will run a game at a few more frames or slightly higher resolution that it means another system can't even run the game your nuts. In fact MS with it's March performance update should put this to rest for good freeing up 10% from Kinect back to the GPU will allow games to run more smoother and should eliminate all the internet whining we have seen the past few months.

You dont need to defend MS. Games tell the tale.

RYSE>Killzone>Forza 5

#24 Posted by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@sora16perfect:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-4-next-gen-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-face-off

Like I said there's no debate. Also there's plenty of people who've seen both versions, of both games side by side, and have said that the ps4 looks noticeably better than the X1 version.

#25 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -
@draign said:

@me3x12 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@me3x12 said:

You dont need to defend MS. Games tell the tale.

RYSE>Killzone>Forza 5

Every multiplat on PS4 >> Xflop version

@me3x12 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

You need to play Ryse.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

No it isn't and I wouldn't want to be. PS4 is noticeably stronger and EVERY ONE excecpt lemmings in denial knows it. #dealwithit.

#26 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

You need to play Ryse.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lostrib

Yet Carmack and Hideo two of the most respected developers say they are basically the same and can do the same stuff. With the cost of development this gen neither system will be doing any games that the other can't do or achieve. They are both on par with each other with minute differences.

#27 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11058 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@lostrib:

DF is a worthless site just looking for hits IGN usually has the better game comparisons.

So, anything that disagrees with your own personal views is not a valid source of information?

#28 Edited by SolidTy (40393 posts) -

Crazy thread?
Troll thread?

Both?

---

Yeah, crazy thread.

#29 Edited by aroxx_ab (8643 posts) -

So why is xboner playing games in 720p/30fps while Ps4 1080p/60fps ?

#30 Posted by Evo_nine (1342 posts) -

Ryse has been confirmed graphics king on many occasions.

#31 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

Multiplat NBA2K14 is equal on both systems as far as I know. I know, not demanding enough of a game.

Ive heard Madden 25 is more responsive after catches on the Xbox One. *shrug* who cares right?

#32 Posted by Shewgenja (6876 posts) -

With the power of the cloud, a Gameboy from the 1980s can play Crysis at full settings. It's true!

#33 Posted by clr84651 (4815 posts) -

This topic is pure BS! MS made a console less powerful than Sony did. It's fact! Enjoy the Xbox One, but it has much less GPU power & an inferior type of RAM memory than PS4.

#34 Edited by Draign (343 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

This topic is pure BS! MS made a console less powerful than Sony did. It's fact! Enjoy the Xbox One, but it has much less GPU power & an inferior type of RAM memory than PS4.

LoL. I guess that sums it up folks!

#35 Edited by Boggle_Dragon (42 posts) -

@SolidTy Add delusional to that list.

#36 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4633 posts) -

This place is so Petty.

Honestly I prefer Nintendo's Lazy approach to power. They make up for it with local multiplayer.

#37 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (4970 posts) -

PS4 is better. Thank you Sony.

#38 Edited by misterpmedia (2024 posts) -

lmfao me3x12 from the ign boards. No wonder there is fanboy nonsense here. You should google some of his threads. He's an incredibly whiny lem who can't accept the truth. He already got destroyed on thinking the Xbone had better textures when in fact it's the Xbone's piece of shit scaler that makes it all black crushed and jaggie.

#39 Edited by edwardecl (1309 posts) -

Some people just don't understand hardware. They are similar not the same.

Yes I do agree that multi-platform games are going to be essentially the same game on both systems, just with different graphical configurations pretty much like you see on PC (textures, draw distance, resolution, compression, physics, cache) which will affect frame rate. It's not impossible that the PS4 games will be able to handle a greater number physics applied to objects as well as being better in other areas.

Depends how much time developers want to spend on optimisation for both systems. What is almost guaranteed is the games will look the same or better on PS4, I doubt any will be worse.

If you don't care about frame rate or resolution get the PS4, if you do care about resolution and frame rate get the PS4. If you care about US TV and Kinect get the Xbox One.

#40 Edited by tonitorsi (7605 posts) -

#41 Posted by jake44 (1696 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

No.

#42 Edited by GotNugz (621 posts) -

People are still discussing this? The denial is strong with the op.

#43 Posted by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

No, they arent the same in terms of power. Dont get me wrong I went with a bone myself, but this thread just makes us one owners look silly.

#44 Edited by Shewgenja (6876 posts) -

Is it June 2013 yet?

#45 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

Beyonce's mom isnt bad, not bad at all.

#47 Posted by Draign (343 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Keep dreaming xboner. That's like saying that the brain power of a xboner is the same as the brain power of a real gamer. We know the xboner's brain is severely lacking. Xboner brain is to real gamer brain as the xbone is to the PS4.

This post just proved you wrong.

#48 Posted by lostrib (26295 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Keep dreaming xboner. That's like saying that the brain power of a xboner is the same as the brain power of a real gamer. We know the xboner's brain is severely lacking. Xboner brain is to real gamer brain as the xbone is to the PS4.

lol, "real gamers". give it a rest dude

#49 Posted by Tighaman (616 posts) -

@me3x12: I seen you writing on the IGN forums you really be trying fam and I commend you for that but this is really the wrong place to fight its too many CER ZOMBIES and you just got a revolver. If you bring evidence beyond the NORMAL hive mind sites you are spitting misterx bullshit if its a good thing that the x1 do the ps4 can do it too but if its bad for the x1 the ps4 do it better its quite entertaining yes but being serious is not what you need to be on this forum.

#50 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Again both systems are the same in terms of power with each having slight advantages and disadvantages in different areas at the end of the day you will not see any system doing a game the other can't do. Both systems have 8 gigs of ram both systems have a 7x GPU and both systems have a 8core cpu. They both do the same things just they do somethings and get there in different ways. There is not one game this entire gen that the other system can't achieve. When MS has some of it's performance updates freeing up more GPU power from Kinect and they are also going to be shrinking the OS system giving developers more ram to work with nothing will not be able to be achieved on either system they both can do the same things.

Yes one system is designed with a more brute force mentality why the other system is designed with a slightly more elegant way of doing things at the end of the day they will both get there and achieve the same games and roughly the same level of graphics with each system having their standouts like a new Gears game on X1 and a new Uncharted game on PS4