Both PS4 and Xbox One are good systems, right?

#51 Posted by Zethrickk382 (258 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: "Back in those days there wasn't a proper internet and social media. There wasn't a giant license to be an asshole.

The issue isn't that society got dumber or something.

The issue is that society wasn't ready for the responsibility of communicating on the internet."

It's refreshing to see commonsense sometimes.

#52 Posted by commonfate (12618 posts) -

Personally I feel like the people who try to be peaceful mediators between a bunch of self-defined factions just make the Internet gaming audience look a little pathetic. The Internet is a place where grown men can act like children and children can pretend to be grown men. Let them be silly.

Humanity has always been bat-shit crazy. Just because the gaming world catches some flack doesn't mean the people behind the purchases have changed.

#53 Posted by Bigboi500 (30426 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Personally I feel like the people who try to be peaceful mediators between a bunch of self-defined factions just make the Internet gaming audience look a little pathetic. The Internet is a place where grown men can act like children and children can pretend to be grown men. Let them be silly.

Humanity has always been bat-shit crazy. Just because the gaming world catches some flack doesn't mean the people behind the purchases have changed.

I say we have it all peaceful or all anything goes. The current SW formula is fubar'd as it is. Enigmatic moderations that aren't universal. By that I mean one person will call someone an idiot and get a three-strike warning for it while another will use it repeatedly and never get in trouble.

There should be no blurred lines and either have users act decent, or let them really go at each other as hard as they want with no fear of losing their accounts. "moderator discretion" is a complete joke. Police the site equally with clear boundaries or don't do it at all.

#54 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11347 posts) -

I think they are both pretty lackluster at this point. The games releasing at the tale end of this year should rectify that. Luckily I have a sweet PC to fulfill all of my gaming needs for the time being.

I only own a PS4 BTW.

#55 Posted by Bigboi500 (30426 posts) -

@22Toothpicks said:

I think they are both pretty lackluster at this point. The games releasing at the tale end of this year should rectify that. Luckily I have a sweet PC to fulfill all of my gaming needs for the time being.

I only own a PS4 BTW.

They are, but both look promising down the road.

#56 Posted by Spitfire-Six (591 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Personally, I think the Wii U is better *shrugs*

you've been playing mario kart 8 haven't you, that game has me addicted

#57 Posted by david61983 (204 posts) -

Neither system is all that great as of yet and most people can wait for more games. If you have to buy one now I see the PS4 as the only option. It's cheaper and is more powerful. It also has sold way more than the Xbone and will likely have better exclusives down the road. The only way I could ever justify buying an Xbone is if it were $100 less than the PS4.

#58 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -

Here's how it really is. The PS4 is THE next gen console to own if you are not going to get into PC gaming. Simple as that. The Xbox One, is actually irrelevant in comparison. Keep in mind the following points are for people where PC gaming is not an option.

• It's the same price for a weaker system.
  • The online gap XBL once had is closing drastically (it's just the truth).
  • Inferior array of exclusives on Xbox. (If you think the ONE will consistently have more and/or better exclusives than the PS4 in the long run, with all the first party SONY has over MS, you are a victim of delusion).
  • The Wii U has more purpose than the ONE in the long run as it has the ever definitive exclusives that Nintendo bring. The Xbox One is meant for general purpose next gen console gaming, as is PS4 , but the PS4 objectively does it better. Also once Xbox releases Halo and Gears, then what? I predict an exclusive drought on Xbox. Just like the 360 had. You watch.

Long story short, the PS4 has some of the best first party studios behind them, Xbox One has paid third party exclusives and a first party that has yet to prove better than Bungie (I'm looking at you 343i). And then of course, in the world of console multiplats, PS4 is just better unless MS money has anything to do with it ('parity' on certain games).

Xbox One is less of a secondary console choice than the Wii U. That's just how it is. Logic dictates this.

#59 Posted by cainetao11 (18361 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@SolidTy said:

They get the job done like the Wii U.

Yeah but one of them doing it in 1080p while....:P

Only one always doing it in 1080p is PC. PS4 misses the mark sometimes also. If you mock X1 for being less than, PC can mock PS4 for settling as well

#60 Edited by cainetao11 (18361 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

What's with this "real gamer "nonsense? Buy all systems all games.. Sounds like an fanatical and unhealthy obsession.

Who has time for that?

People who aren't in college/high school, and have money and time to invest in their favorite hobby.

So people with a mortgage, car payments, general living expenses, bills, and an actual 40+ hour career somehow still need to purchase multiple platforms to be a "real gamer".

smh

No, but what you described seems like not having the money or time, unlike he said. Thing is, if you cant, and hate on other platforms that play games, it doesn't sound like gamer. More like fanboy.

#61 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1618 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

the ps4's the most powerful console ever conceived while the xbone isn't. Therefore the ps4 is better.

Yeah, screw games! Honestly atm there are far more interesting games on X1 than PS4. I'm planning on putting it back in the package for the time being since it's only gathering dust atm.

#62 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

@GiantAssPanda said:

@Gue1 said:

the ps4's the most powerful console ever conceived while the xbone isn't. Therefore the ps4 is better.

Yeah, screw games! Honestly atm there are far more interesting games on X1 than PS4. I'm planning on putting it back in the package for the time being since it's only gathering dust atm.

"far more" interesting games? what are these games you are referring to?

#63 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25833 posts) -

Boasting about being a "real gamer" on an internet forum is the most unfathomably nerdy thing I could possibly concoct in my mind.

#64 Posted by always_explicit (3023 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

The Titanic was the biggest passenger ship ever built at the time, proof alone that being the biggest/best/most powerful doesn't actually mean shit if you cant steer the ship in the right direction. People need to give these consoles some time to grow before they decide which is "better".

Thats before even addressing the fact that "better" is entirely subjective.

I think half these fanboys should leave the consoles to the gamers and stick to console wars top trumps.

#65 Edited by MirkoS77 (8002 posts) -

".....so when we have to invest in a machine that costs around 400 – 500 dollars, many are very insecure about their purchases".

Investment insecurity? The only investment insecurity I'm aware of is the one where you're unsure whether you're going to get a return, not as in being insecure in yourself and your choices. Do people honestly give a damn about what other people spend their money on? I give more thoughts to my bowel movements. You would have to hold the maturity and intelligence of an 8 year old to think on such things. Who gives one flying FUCK what other people purchase, much less to the point that they'd try to belittle them for it?

#66 Posted by Heirren (18141 posts) -

Wiiu is the best console by far, and then in this moment the Xbox one OS second best. Ps4 doesn't even feel like a console, IMO, and same for Xbox.

#67 Edited by AzatiS (7846 posts) -
@Bigboi500 said:

This article speaks the truth. Haters can't be real gamers.

Sorry i wont take this crap... I didnt even feel to read all of that article , talking about ... how things should have been. Well guess what they arent.

This kind of excessive fanboyism ( hate like ) started with lemmings 8 years ago towards Sony and PS3 ( which i admit had a crappy release and many other problems but still , it was too much ...lets not forget so fast ) and then noone talked .. Noone.... Noone made articles about fanboyism or anything alike. Now that is Cows turn ...so many articles pop up around net talking about fanboys and how bad it is and craps like that ....

Isnt that funny ? Because i found it really funny 8 constantly years lems laughing and teasing cows then suddenly the last year ...they playing the victims and suddenly everyone dislikes fanboys !! Really ? Out of all times , now its the time !!?

Im enjoying fanboyism ( in a manner and constructive way though ) ... Its part of our culture , hell it was since ancient times. Even if it is soccer , football , basketball , cellphones ...very simple things like which brand of ice-cream is the best to which cars are the best . You get the idea.As long as there are valid arguments , i dont mind at all ( trolls is other category though ) Call it selfish , nonsense ( which it is ) , hate ... whatever. It does exist though excessively.

People shouldnt act like they never , NEVER , not even once in their lifetime , didnt favor something over something else with passion. We all know we did in some point , period... Some people doing it for consoles so what ? Whats the difference to do that over consoles than some football teams ? Its bad? Maybe, if you dont like it just avoid it. Same with Fanboystic or trollish topics around the internet... Dont even bother and problem solved. Its that easy.

The fact remeains though , why now it matters that much why out of all this time of excessive fanboyism from lems . Because X1 is in a bad position after almost 9 years ? Thats why ? Everyone was waiting this specific time to talk about fanboys and haters ? Its payback time all im saying , lems started this excessive "hate" , so now they shouldnt cry.

Pfff...

#68 Posted by navyguy21 (13045 posts) -

It is worse this gen (and end of last gen) because publishers/devs are getting more involved in the garbage.

Devs saying "only possible on...." and publishers saying "X allows us to do so much more", leaving the door open for others to make up their own facts.

Not to mention Sony is constantly making petty and fanboyish comments at conferences, commercials, interviews, etc.

How else are weak minded, immature gamers supposed to react?

They are being trained to buy into all of this crap.

Its not about the games anymore on forums.....its about waiting for news to come......spinning it..........and bash or promote it, whichever applies.

#69 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -
@navyguy21 said:

It is worse this gen (and end of last gen) because publishers/devs are getting more involved in the garbage.

Devs saying "only possible on...." and publishers saying "X allows us to do so much more", leaving the door open for others to make up their own facts.

Not to mention Sony is constantly making petty and fanboyish comments at conferences, commercials, interviews, etc.

How else are weak minded, immature gamers supposed to react?

They are being trained to buy into all of this crap.

Its not about the games anymore on forums.....its about waiting for news to come......spinning it..........and bash or promote it, whichever applies.

When devs say they can do so much more with these new next gen consoles, they are not lying. Where do you think the notion of PS3/360 holding back PC comes from? It works like this: When a multiplat studio makes a game, they make it for the lowest common denominator in mind, the consoles. So they create the game assets such as the character models, the levels, props, any objects seen in levels, player/NPC/any animate object animations, AI, code instructions, which can all be defined as the core game. The fundamentals.

All of these 'fundamentals' are created with the consoles in mind, with a limited asset budget. So you will find that the PC version of multiplat X will have the same 'fundamentals' (assets I described above). This can be seen on pretty much all PC games that are also on consoles. PC games have been limited by PS3/360 for years now and the reason, is that consoles are the main market. These new consoles will allow developers to make all the 'fundamentals' of a game substantially more advanced than even 7th gen PC multiplats on max. The PC version of the game may have better textures, resolution, AA, lighting, and other engine effects than the console version, but these are all scalable options (not part of the core game), and it is still applying them to a 360 game. Or to easier understand, an 8th gen multiplat will look far better on lowest settings than a 7th gen multiplat on lowest. This is because on a 8th gen game, every asset was built from the ground up for modern shadermodel 5 class hardware, where as even Crysis 3 PC used the same fundamental assets as the 360 version of the game (ATI Radeon x1900 from 2005 assets to be exact).

I am not speaking of image quality, ie. Resolution, AA, because they are not assets that developers have been limited to and can simply be applied to any 3D game. But I am merely clarifying that these new consoles have in fact allowed even PC games to enhance graphics. A good example is Assassins Creed games. Look at how AC4 looks not much better than AC3 graphically. These were both developed for PS3/360/Wii U in mind. So the PS4/XB1/PC version of AC4 had to work with assets created for the PS3/360. They are the same across all versions. Again, only the resolution and scalable effects are better on the next gen console and PC version. Now look at Assassins Creed Unity. This is a game developed for next gen only. It is advertised by Ubisoft by saying "Next Gen starts here" for a reason. Now they can freely implament rendering technologies such as full body motion simulation that simply couldn't be synthasized on PS3/360. Also, character models will be massively increased in poly count and how they react with the world etc. Level detail and geometry will be increased substantially on games across all next gen platforms including PC. Expect physically based rendering to become the norm in 8th gen games in general. Well, just look at AC Unity compared to the older AC games and you will see the rapid improvement in graphics. It is not a coincidence that it's next gen and PC only with no PS3/360 restraints.

TL;DR? Next gen consoles have allowed for much better graphics even on PC games.

#70 Posted by Zethrickk382 (258 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: "So people with a mortgage, car payments, general living expenses, bills, and an actual 40+ hour career somehow still need to purchase multiple platforms to be a "real gamer".

smh"

Essentially a functional human being. If I wanted to neglect being a father and husband, perhaps I too could become a "fanatical gamer"! Nah

#71 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Depends on how you look at it...

If you look at only the games both consoles are shit because they have nothing exciting or new.
If you look at the hardware then obviously PS4.
If you look at motion and voice controls then obviously Xbox One if you are willing to pay a bit extra that is.

This is not being a fanboy, this is just being realistic.

#72 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9211 posts) -

For the time being and for the rest of this year, I feel neither the PS4 or Xbox One are worth it. Wii U is the only new console that's delivering right now.

2015 should be the first big year for the other two. Batman Arkham Knight will force me to buy a PS4 with inFAMOUS Second Son.

#73 Posted by blackace (21242 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Here's how it really is IN MY OPINION. The PS4 is THE next gen console to own if you are not going to get into PC gaming. Simple as that. The Xbox One, is actually irrelevant in comparison. Keep in mind the following points are for people where PC gaming is not an option.

• Inferior array of exclusives on Xbox. (If you think the ONE will consistently have more and/or better exclusives than the PS4 in the long run, with all the first party SONY has over MS, you are a victim of delusion).
  • The Wii U has more purpose than the ONE in the long run as it has the ever definitive exclusives that Nintendo bring. The Xbox One is meant for general purpose next gen console gaming, as is PS4 , but the PS4 objectively does it better. Also once Xbox releases Halo and Gears, then what? I predict an exclusive drought on Xbox. Just like the 360 had. You watch.

Long story short, the PS4 has some of the best first party studios behind them, Xbox One has paid third party exclusives and a first party that has yet to prove better than Bungie (I'm looking at you 343i). And then of course, in the world of console multiplats, PS4 is just better unless MS money has anything to do with it ('parity' on certain games).

Xbox One is less of a secondary console choice than the Wii U. That's just how it is. Logic dictates this.

You forgot these words in your post. "IN MY OPINION"

Ok, now I'll go. In my opinion I don't think the XBox One is weak at all. i just think the system wasn't anywhere near ready to launch when it did. The system was suppose to launch in Sept 2014 and not Nov 2013, so none of Microsoft's software tools, patches, drivers and DX12 were anywhere near ready. Now they are playing catch up. The gap in performation and resolution is quickly closing. What? There's no more 720P/792P games? There won't any 900P games either after Spring 2015 when DX12 kicks in.

The XBox One already has more relevant exclusives out on the market then the PS4 and they have a lot more coming. They didn't even announce them all at the E3. There is still another 4-6 titles to be announced at Gamescom and TGS. Microsoft has already acquired a few more studios to make 1st party games for them. They're just getting warmed up. Sure Sony's PS4 is a great system as well and will have great 1st party titles, but so will the XB1 and many games will have some form of Kinect voice or hand gesture elements to them. The Wii U finally showed off some impressive games. All Nintendo needs to do is lower the price and increase the memory storage, and they will sell loads of Wii U's. All 3 systems are worth owning. It just depends on what exclusive games you favor the most.

#74 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Here's how it really is IN MY OPINION. The PS4 is THE next gen console to own if you are not going to get into PC gaming. Simple as that. The Xbox One, is actually irrelevant in comparison. Keep in mind the following points are for people where PC gaming is not an option.

You forgot these words in your post. "IN MY OPINION"

Ok, now I'll go. In my opinion I don't think the XBox One is weak at all. i just think the system wasn't anywhere near ready to launch when it did. The system was suppose to launch in Sept 2014 and not Nov 2013, so none of Microsoft's software tools, patches, drivers and DX12 were anywhere near ready. Now they are playing catch up. The gap in performation and resolution is quickly closing. What? There's no more 720P/792P games? There won't any 900P games either after Spring 2015 when DX12 kicks in.

The XBox One already has more relevant exclusives out on the market then the PS4 and they have a lot more coming. They didn't even announce them all at the E3. There is still another 4-6 titles to be announced at Gamescom and TGS. Microsoft has already acquired a few more studios to make 1st party games for them. They're just getting warmed up. Sure Sony's PS4 is a great system as well and will have great 1st party titles, but so will the XB1 and many games will have some form of Kinect voice or hand gesture elements to them. The Wii U finally showed off some impressive games. All Nintendo needs to do is lower the price and increase the memory storage, and they will sell loads of Wii U's. All 3 systems are worth owning. It just depends on what exclusive games you favor the most.

I'll clarify myself. I wasn't trolling, I was kind of stating fact (for the most part). Here's clarification of what I said:

• It's the same price for a weaker system. TRUE
  • The online gap XBL once had is closing drastically (it's just the truth). TRUE
  • Inferior array of exclusives on Xbox. MY OPINION I GUESS (Except Halo, always had a soft spot for it)
  • If you think the ONE will consistently have more and/or better exclusives than the PS4 in the long run, with all the first/third party SONY has over MS, you are a victim of delusion. TRUE in the sense that SONY will offer more exclusives down the line. So many exclusives in the making for it already.
  • The Wii U has more purpose than the ONE in the long run as it has the ever definitive exclusives that Nintendo bring while Xbox plays second fiddle in it's own catogory (inferior multiplats to PS4). TRUE
  • The Xbox One is meant for general purpose next gen console gaming, as is PS4 , but the PS4 objectively does it better. Also once Xbox releases Halo and Gears, then what? I predict an exclusive drought on Xbox after the 2015 batch of exclusives hit. Just like the 360 had. You watch. TRUE IF YOU GO BY XBOX EXCLUSIVE HISTORY (can't be determined of course)

In terms of exclusives, Halo and Gears are the big ones for MS, while Naughty Dog and SSM games are the equivelent for SONY. Only difference is, Halo and Gears sell more lol. The only problem is, SONY have far more IP's they could easly bring back such as the Medievil games etc. Also, there are many many studios working on unannounced games for the PS4. We will see if MS change their ways and force their first party to be as consistent yet quality driven as possible. I sincerely hope so. It's just that I see a better array of exclusives coming to PS4 in future, I'm sorry. It is opinion I guess though.

Regarding DX12, I can honestly say that it won't make a difference on multiplat games unfortunately. Probably not that much altogether. Understand that the benefit of DX12 is low level access to hardware on a singular platform. But then the Xbox One already had that. It could be an SDK update with more efficient tools, but I don't see how one low level API will beat another by any wide margin. To burst your bubble, PS4's ICE Team have a custom built 'to the metal' API capable of maxing out the hardware. No gaps are closing any time soon. And then there's GPGPU on PS4. Also, be realistic. Do you really think developers are going to code deep low level on one perticular platform and leave out another? Multiplats rarely go to the metal anyway, because they have to cater to many different platforms. DX12 will mainly be utilized fully with exclusive titles (if it adds any performance advantage over DX11.x which is already 'to the metal').

The real advantage the ONE has is the eSRAM (to a point), and the 10% GPU update which is actually quite substantial. But know this, all that 10% update has done is allowed access to more of the 1.3 TFLOP GPU. It hasn't added 130 GFLOPS on top of it to equal 1.43 TFLOPS. PS4 is still chugging along with a 1.84 TFLOP GPU with GPGPU to add extra physics workloads etc which would typically need a more powerful GPU to handle everything + physics at the same performance rate. Again, all the PS4 advantages will only really be seen in exclusive titles just like the ONE. Understand what people mean when they spout DX12, and what it is exactly. DX12, at best, will be a SDK refinement over what they already have. Adding little performance. It's other things that will benefit the ONE performance like tiled recources, 10% GPU power, etc.

#75 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9537 posts) -

Why are some people hell-bent on hating everything Xbox?

#76 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries: I don't hate Xbox. I got a 360 last gen. Just liked PS3 exclusives better. And have always liked Playstation games in general better. I got the 360 because I saw it first in 2005 and was blown away by the HD graphics. So it stuck with me and I went for it.

#77 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3202 posts) -

@starwolf474: lol well said.....I know it defies reason

#78 Edited by AzatiS (7846 posts) -
@Salt_The_Fries said:

You should try and find all those hateful topics towards PS3 since 2006 . Thousands of thousands of trollish/hateful/teasing post around the net. ... Hell i can even find you last year topics from lems declaring WIN over PS3 ( like it matters lol , both lost ) ... Now that its payback time its weird , annoying , fanboystic ? I mean , why is so weird to you what is happening now towards Xbox... Lems forgetting fast it seems.

#79 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4792 posts) -

@AzatiS said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Sorry i wont take this crap... I didnt even feel to read all of that article , talking about ... how things should have been. Well guess what they arent.

This kind of excessive fanboyism ( hate like ) started with lemmings 8 years ago towards Sony and PS3 ( which i admit had a crappy release and many other problems but still , it was too much ...lets not forget so fast ) and then noone talked .. Noone.... Noone made articles about fanboyism or anything alike. Now that is Cows turn ...so many articles pop up around net talking about fanboys and how bad it is and craps like that ....

Isnt that funny ? Because i found it really funny 8 constantly years lems laughing and teasing cows then suddenly the last year ...they playing the victims and suddenly everyone dislikes fanboys !! Really ? Out of all times , now its the time !!?

Im enjoying fanboyism ( in a manner and constructive way though ) ... Its part of our culture , hell it was since ancient times. Even if it is soccer , football , basketball , cellphones ...very simple things like which brand of ice-cream is the best to which cars are the best . You get the idea.As long as there are valid arguments , i dont mind at all ( trolls is other category though ) Call it selfish , nonsense ( which it is ) , hate ... whatever. It does exist though excessively.

People shouldnt act like they never , NEVER , not even once in their lifetime , didnt favor something over something else with passion. We all know we did in some point , period... Some people doing it for consoles so what ? Whats the difference to do that over consoles than some football teams ? Its bad? Maybe, if you dont like it just avoid it. Same with Fanboystic or trollish topics around the internet... Dont even bother and problem solved. Its that easy.

The fact remeains though , why now it matters that much why out of all this time of excessive fanboyism from lems . Because X1 is in a bad position after almost 9 years ? Thats why ? Everyone was waiting this specific time to talk about fanboys and haters ? Its payback time all im saying , lems started this excessive "hate" , so now they shouldnt cry.

Pfff...

This didn't "start", it's always been going round in circles. The lems reacted to the cows from the PS2 period and so on. People forget as things die down in time, but the same stuff was going on in the Xbox/PS2 era, and before that and before that. Fanboyism wasn't softcore so to speak in the other generations.

The idea that it has gotten worse isn't true. I'm not even sure it's changed. Only SWs and the fanboys here have changed since they relaxed the rules allowing for shit threads and worse behaviour.

#80 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4792 posts) -

@AzatiS said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

You should try and find all those hateful topics towards PS3 since 2006 . Thousands of thousands of trollish/hateful/teasing post around the net. ... Hell i can even find you last year topics from lems declaring WIN over PS3 ( like it matters lol , both lost ) ... Now that its payback time its weird , annoying , fanboystic ? I mean , why is so weird to you what is happening now towards Xbox... Lems forgetting fast it seems.

You act as if cows are innocent and entitled.

#81 Edited by cainetao11 (18361 posts) -

@Zethrickk382 said:

@jg4xchamp: "Back in those days there wasn't a proper internet and social media. There wasn't a giant license to be an asshole.

The issue isn't that society got dumber or something.

The issue is that society wasn't ready for the responsibility of communicating on the internet."

It's refreshing to see commonsense sometimes.

Agreed. There was a courage required back in the day because you were face to face when talking about games and systems. Now with the anonymity of the intranet everyone is full of crap.

#82 Posted by cainetao11 (18361 posts) -

@AzatiS said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Pfff...

How old are you? During the PS2 gen Cows attacked everyone else while that console was dominating the market place.

#83 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

I do not feel there is enough to offer for a thread like this to be made and sorry, I will not read the article.

#84 Posted by Vatusus (4874 posts) -

As hardware machines they're ok I guess for their price. As gaming consoles though, they're both pretty weak thus far. Neither justify their purchase atm

#85 Posted by freedomfreak (41963 posts) -

Oh hey, another article that says fanboys are obnoxious.

Congrats.

#86 Posted by picklesurprise (183 posts) -

No, they actually all suck.

#87 Edited by AzatiS (7846 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

You act as if cows are innocent and entitled.

Im stating facts nothing more , nothing less. If someone is a fanboy , is a fanboy. Theres not good fanboy or bad...theres just fanboy.Im not saying cows are innocent by any means.

But im also not forgetting the whole situation with excessive parody/trolling/hate that started when PS3 lost all the momentum it build and did so bad that noone could ever imagine. It was THEN that situation went out of control and it was LEMS that started this shit. Werent sheeps , werent hermits. Was lems ! I was here and all around big sites and i know exactly what im talking about.

So now that Xbox losing .... fanboyism is bad ? Really ? And this coming from lems ? They must be joking ...thats my point !! What did they expect after 8 years of excessive trolling towards PS3 ? Peace ? Rest in peace most likely.

#88 Edited by AzatiS (7846 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@AzatiS said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Pfff...

How old are you? During the PS2 gen Cows attacked everyone else while that console was dominating the market place.

No comment , dont make me dig 2002/2004 posts who were teasing cows , just dont... Im super lazy. Also , im not saying Cows are saints or something. Are the same shit but at least after 8 years of constantly teasing and hating ...its their time. So stop crying ( whoever does and it seems too many do suddenly ) .. Its payback and it will be like this for the rest of generation.

#89 Edited by indigenous_euphoria (175 posts) -

I have both xbox one and ps4 they are good systems. I prefer my xbox one more though. I like the controller better and I've always liked MS's exclusives better then Sony's exclusives.

#90 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

No.

This is System Wars.

Only one of them can be good.

I mean...people on this forum fuckin' dedicate their lives to impressing upon us how superior one console is over the other.

#91 Posted by special-ops (121 posts) -

PS4 is better than XboxOne because I don't like the XboxOne and the controller so that's why I prefer the PS4 more.

#92 Posted by aroxx_ab (10548 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@SolidTy said:

Only one always doing it in 1080p is PC. PS4 misses the mark sometimes also. If you mock X1 for being less than, PC can mock PS4 for settling as well

That is because Xboner holding Ps4 back, hate this parity between consoles.

#93 Posted by Shewgenja (10015 posts) -

They both do so much similarly, that there's no point to having both. In that respect, Xbone is like a stainless steel samurai sword while the PS4 is actual carbon steel. At the same price, getting a facsimile is just dumb. The article paints the picture it wants to paint, but there are more factors involved. That's the real truth of the matter.

#94 Edited by lostrib (40135 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@cainetao11 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@SolidTy said:

prove it

#95 Edited by Bigboi500 (30426 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@aroxx_ab said:

prove it

Isn't that what Microsoft's parity clause is all about? Don't they have a clause saying that all third party games on Xbox One and Xbox 360 have to be the same as on other systems, or they can't be on their system? I'm not sure if that's true or not, just what I've heard over the years.

If it's true it means third party games have to make both PS4 and XBO multiplats perform the same on each version, ie both have to be what ever the XBO can handle and third parties can't make the PS4 version better.

#96 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

i'm not sure they could do that legally and get away with it. sounds like they'd be trying to police what a third party does ... on a competitors machine. sounds almost like antitrust.

if MS are doing that, i imagine litigation against them would be successful (eg MS would lose).

interesting theory. however i'm not sure of it's veracity because xb1 has a well established track record of finishing 2nd to ps4 in digital foundry face-offs.

#97 Edited by Bigboi500 (30426 posts) -

All the info I'm able to find about it suggests the clause is about same day or before availability, not performance. So if that's all there is to it, Xbox One is not holding anything back for PS4.

#98 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

ah OK. cheers for looking into it.

#99 Edited by coasterguy65 (6122 posts) -

Both systems have their pluses, and their minuses. Only system fanboys can't see that.

#100 Posted by jsmoke03 (13035 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

haters can be real gamers, because hating has nothing to do with gaming, its the personality of that gamer.

and there are many forms of hating gamers...but they are all gamers. Not all gamers are friendly ppl...i think quite the opposite

there are the- if it has a corridor in a game, its not a REAL game

there are the- dark souls is the only game out there....if it has an easy mode, its not a real game

there are the- it has guns, so its not a real game

there are the - dude bro games are not games

there are the - madden is not a real game

there are the - if you were born after 1999 you are not a gamer

and there are fanboys....