Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Coming To A New Platform

#1 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Source. Pretty sweet stuff!

#2 Edited by PapaTrop (1231 posts) -

I thought it was going to be the 3DS.

#3 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Some people thought it was going to be the Vita.

#4 Posted by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

And it begins.

#5 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Well those were better than my guess, which was Mobile devices (smartphone/tablet)

#6 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@lostrib said:
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Well those were better than my guess, which was Mobile devices (smartphone/tablet)

Other people thought it would be the XB1 and/or PS4. Whatever would make them think such a thing?

#7 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Other people thought it would be the XB1 and/or PS4. Whatever would make them think such a thing?

Well I was pretty sure they'd said it wasn't coming to X1 and PS4, so when I saw the thread title all I could think was "oh shit, it's going to be mobile".

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4794 posts) -

good.

#9 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Well I was pretty sure they'd said it wasn't coming to X1 and PS4, so when I saw the thread title all I could think was "oh shit, it's going to be mobile".

Guess IGN readers missed that memo. So much hate for Linux, so many tears from current gen console users.

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

Still not worth using Linux over Windows.

#11 Edited by lostrib (37020 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

That would just be silly

#12 Posted by darkspineslayer (19702 posts) -

Poor Vita. how does it feel to be less important than linux?

#13 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

If gaming is your primary activity to do on a PC, then nope.

#14 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10568 posts) -

Weird game The Pre-Sequel, both in terms of platform and time period its being launched in.

#15 Edited by PapaTrop (1231 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Guess IGN readers missed that memo. So much hate for Linux, so many tears from current gen console users.

It'll be remastered for the newer consoles a few months after launch. Don't worry.

#16 Posted by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -

Great news for Linus people. You may not get real sunlight but at least news like this can give rays of hope.

#17 Posted by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:
@clyde46 said:

Unless you are running a server, why would you want to use Linux?

#18 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@lostrib said:
@papatrop said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

It'll be remastered for the newer consoles a few months after launch. Don't worry.

Is there a source for that?

#19 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@clyde46 said:

Someone should really write a standard reply to this question as I will not be that person.

#20 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4794 posts) -
@Hexagon_777 said:
@clyde46 said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@clyde46 said:

Someone should really write a standard reply to this question as I will not be that person.

i'll write a little something if that's OK? but it won't be standard.

i'm enthusiastic about all things computing, and I think its great to download a linux distro for free, and give it a shot. a while ago (maybe 6yrs), for about 6 months, i was such a hardcore consolite when it came to games but my computer was sluggish for productivity workloads. i built a new machine and ran linux exclusively - no need for windows as i wasn't gaming on that machine. it could do everything i needed it to do. but it couldn't do certain things which would have been nice, like run Photoshop. when i decided to get back into pc gaming, i just bought a windows licence.

everyone is going to have a different attitude for this, and some people just don't want to touch linux - that's totally cool. in my experience (and imho), the windows licence's only real benefit from the cost is an OS with the widest library of games. so for me, it's more a case of - i want to play games on PC in 2014, so i'm snookered into windows. if i wasn't playing games, well considering all the other stuff i do on the computer - linux will be more than adequate, so why give ms the money?

so in terms of worth: short story - I can accomplish my non-gaming computing workloads on a Linux machine, so in a productivity situation windows wouldn't be worth the cost to me (sans specific applications like adobe software).

#21 Posted by PapaTrop (1231 posts) -
@Hexagon_777 said:
@papatrop said:

Is there a source for that?

The source is the hat I'm wearing in my avatar (it's hard to see).

#22 Edited by Boddicker (2741 posts) -

Oi Vey! And here I thought I finally could get rid of my PS3.

The main reason I'm holding to my PS3 and not looking for one of those $100 credit towards a PS4 is the Pre-Sequel.

I wish it would atleast be downloadable only on the PS4. It would be win/win for Gearbox and 2K.

#23 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@clyde46 said:

Stumbled upon a comprehensive list with more details behind each button that explain everything much better than I could ever have.

#24 Posted by Kjranu (1006 posts) -

How much did Valve bribe GBS to bring BLTPS on Linux?

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25369 posts) -

ah so it'll be playable on Steam OS.

#26 Edited by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@Kjranu said:

How much did Valve bribe GBS to bring BLTPS on Linux?

That type of business would get rather expensive after a while, especially considering that this is not the first or second or third title by a big studio to hit Linux. Then again, maybe Valve actually bribed 2K to not bring the game to PS4 and XB1, trololol.

#27 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@LegatoSkyheart said:

That it will. Steam and Linux are benefiting off each other significantly.

#28 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25369 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

That it will. Steam and Linux are benefiting off each other significantly.

I actually hope Linux becomes a go to Gaming OS. I like how you can pretty much make Linux into whatever OS you want (made Ubuntu look like a MacOSx when I had it installed on my old Laptop) but the sole reason why I went back to Windows is just because I wanted to play games and Windows was the OS that could do that.

#29 Posted by silversix_ (14623 posts) -

I find it insanely dumb how this game isn't coming to ps4/x1 maxed out with physX.

#30 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

If Linux is a platform then Windows is one. I thought they were both just PC.

#31 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3340 posts) -

Great . They should always try to support as many Operating Systems on PC as possible , specially Linux .

#32 Edited by kitty (114739 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

I find it insanely dumb how this game isn't coming to ps4/x1 maxed out with physX.

Good luck with physX, and we are talking about AMD here. So the physX would be handled by the cpu.

#33 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

2K always giving the PC community the love that it deserves.

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (22921 posts) -

Don't care it's made by Gearbox, they can piss off.

#35 Posted by silversix_ (14623 posts) -

@kitty said:

@silversix_ said:

Good luck with physX, and we are talking about AMD here. So the physX would be handled by the cpu.

8 cores! time they start using em

#36 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

PC wins again.

#37 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
@Gaming-Planet said:

2K always giving the PC community the love that it deserves.

Indeed. 2K is quite on board with Linux, it seems. Civilization 5, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and Civilization: Beyond Earth. Definitely good stuff.

#38 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

When a dev chooses Linux over XB1 and PS4, you know the situation is bad.

#39 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:

The 5 people that bought BL 2 for Vita ?

#40 Edited by lamprey263 (23956 posts) -

Gearbox doesn't deserve my support, the Borderlands series was made using stolen money from Sega, and the result was a disastrous Colonial Marines game that I spent years looking forward to. Even saw a Randy Pitchford pitch the game at PAX with a live realtime demo that looked so much better than the game they delivered (or TimeGate delivered). So yeah, not supporting this game, or anything else Gearbox puts out for that matter.