Borderlands Pre-Sequel preview impression

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This is what also concerns me when i saw the game

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I need a Vita version of the Pre Sequel please.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

why do they implement this kind of bs in games? i hope it gets removed before release.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

In which way This borderlands stands a chance against Destiny? There's not a single thing, i repeat, not a single thing (graphics/gameplay/world/EVERYTHING) it stands a chance against Destiny. This will be their first Borderlands title that won't sell well and completely obliterated by Destiny

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@silversix_ said:

In which way This borderlands stands a chance against Destiny? There's not a single thing, i repeat, not a single thing (graphics/gameplay/world/EVERYTHING) it stands a chance against Destiny. This will be their first Borderlands title that won't sell well and completely obliterated by Destiny

Borderlands already has a large fanbase and is an established franchise that has sold over 10 million copies. Having a built in fan base goes a long way. Also BL games are fun have a great sense of humor and art style and doesn't take itself seriously. Destiny is more sci fi, serious, and MMO elements. I don't think its going to stop people from buying borderlands.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Seriously? That sounds absolutely horrible.. :/

@silversix_ said:

Why are you even comparing it with Destiny? They're completely different games in every way.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By silversix_

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

Why are you even comparing it with Destiny? They're completely different games in every way.

Why do you lie to yourself. Destiny is the Borderlands that never was, kinda obvious and im not sure how you're not seeing it

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_

@darkangel115 said:

@silversix_ said:

Borderlands already has a large fanbase and is an established franchise that has sold over 10 million copies. Having a built in fan base goes a long way. Also BL games are fun have a great sense of humor and art style and doesn't take itself seriously. Destiny is more sci fi, serious, and MMO elements. I don't think its going to stop people from buying borderlands.

It does not matter how big the fanbase is, if the new game (Destiny in this case) is just Borderland improved on every point, has awesome multiplayer, coming out before Prequel AND is on next gen, its over for this milking rehash. ALso, this kind of games don't need a fanbase. Did BL1 had any? No and it sold shitload while being very shallow game with nothing else to do but run chests for awesome weapons, weapons which you aren't able to use because there's nothing to do in the game after its been beaten. In destiny, since its an mmo'ish game it'll be much bigger, have raids to use your op weapons in and have great multiplayer to use them in. You just watch, Destiny will make Gearbox work their asses of for BL3 or it'll be known as a shitty version of Destiny (which Prequel is gonna be).

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 harry_james_pot  Moderator
@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

Why do you lie to yourself. Destiny is the Borderlands that never was, kinda obvious and im not sure how you're not seeing it

Seeing what? That they're both FPS games with co-op? Because that's the only similarity..

There are 3 main things that make Borderlands what it is. The ridiculous amount of guns and the constant search for better ones, the humor, and the art style. Destiny doesn't have that, it's a totally different game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

Not really, Destiny and Borderlands are pretty much identical except their graphic engines and story. They are both loot based open world FPS, it's like saying CoD and BF aren't the same or Diablo and Torchlight aren't the same when in fact they are but different colors of paint which isn't a bad thing.

Also Destiny > Borderlands prequel.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

Not really, Destiny and Borderlands are pretty much identical except their graphic engines and story. They are both loot based open world FPS, it's like saying CoD and BF aren't the same or Diablo and Torchlight aren't the same when in fact they are but different colors of paint which isn't a bad thing.

the difference between BF and CoD is much bigger than Borderlands and Destiny or Diable and Torchlight. BL always was an mmo wannabe but never reached the standard and modded guns in every lobby destroyed its multiplayer experience. Hopefully Activision/Bungie will do their job and shit on every cheater because in a game like that modded items is game breaking

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Got Borderlands 2 for $5 on the steam sale it sure is NEAT.. Will grab this on steam sale as well

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

But Borderlands has the charm of its over the top story and characters, and the awesome humor. While Destiny is serious. That really sets them apart. It's like comparing Battlefield with Team Fortress and saying that they're both class based multiplayer shooters..

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I thought this thread was about the Telltale Games episodic series of Borderlands. TC, please edit topic title to Borderlands : The Pre-Sequel.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Dude, everything drops air and death has the next best thing to zero consequence. I am a freaking crazed borderlands 2 fanboi, so take it with a grain of salt, but this is just whimpering.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

looks like the same garbage from the 1st and 2nd one

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Thought Namco was publishing a new Tales game. I came and got disappointed.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

She just sucks.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

But Borderlands has the charm of its over the top story and characters, and the awesome humor. While Destiny is serious. That really sets them apart. It's like comparing Battlefield with Team Fortress and saying that they're both class based multiplayer shooters..

It has a different coat of paint, but the games are still very similar. Borderlands and Destiny have similar mechanics and ideas. Battlefield and Team Fortress do not.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Isn't Tales of Borderlands the game made by the TWD developer?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

right....because borderlands 2 didn't sell a lot and got great reviews everywhere....and they can't coexist, no one is mentioning destiny, so yeah.....oh and you are dumb.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

She's doing much for feminism posing sexy for click bait. Anita Sarkeesian whore earnings would be proud.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Krelian-co said:

why do they implement this kind of bs in games? i hope it gets removed before release.

i wish i knew, when i heard about this i thought wtf. Why do they want to ruin a game that's about exploring and not being limited?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Don't they know nobody likes these kinds of time limits? Do I want to play the game or be put under pressure?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

right....because borderlands 2 didn't sell a lot and got great reviews everywhere....and they can't coexist, no one is mentioning destiny, so yeah.....oh and you are dumb.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:
@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

Seeing what? That they're both FPS games with co-op? Because that's the only similarity..

There are 3 main things that make Borderlands what it is. The ridiculous amount of guns and the constant search for better ones, the humor, and the art style. Destiny doesn't have that, it's a totally different game.

1. open world
  2. co-op
  3. first person shooters
  4. bounties
  5. loot chests
  6. shit tons of weapons
  7. abilities

so really, the only thing you can list that Destiny doesn't have is the art style. Maybe also the humor, but we don't know for sure about that one yet. Wait till the full game releases

Now yes, from what we have seen and heard, Destiny does seem to have a larger, more coherent and serious story mode than just some silly and loose narrative, but it also has PvP modes, and isn't asking people to stay playing on old hardware when most serious gamers have moved on or will be doing so within the next year. (though it will be available for last gen systems t00)

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@handssss said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

1. open world
  2. co-op
  3. first person shooters
  4. bounties
  5. loot chests
  6. shit tons of weapons
  7. abilities

so really, the only thing you can list that Destiny doesn't have is the art style. Maybe also the humor, but we don't know for sure about that one yet. Wait till the full game releases

Now yes, from what we have seen and heard, Destiny does seem to have a larger, more coherent and serious story mode than just some silly and loose narrative, but it also has PvP modes, and isn't asking people to stay playing on old hardware when most serious gamers have moved on or will be doing so within the next year. (though it will be available for last gen systems t00)

The humor and art style are what make Borderlands standout, so I don't really see those games competing with each other.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride
@Blabadon said:

I need a Vita version of the Pre Sequel please.

doubt that is going to happen. Remember we were also promised a Bioshock game aswell

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_

@Krelian-co said:

@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

When did BL2 came out? Before current gen were released and Destiny shown. BL2 was a sequel to a new franchise while this looks like a fully priced dlc/expansion that isn't even coming out on current gen. Do you seriously believe it'll do as well as BL1 & 2 did when a better version of it is available (Destiny) and is on our brand new systems? No it won't. But if you still think so, well, cool, okay, great. You'll see this fall i guess. This is also coming from some1 with ~380h in BL2 alone, not bashing the franchise but telling you as it is, the thing should've been an expansion to BL2 like BF: Hardline should've been an expansion to BF4.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Can you make a resume out of the video?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

She just sucks.

She can suck me anytime ;)

The oxygen refills suck ass I must agree.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

You mean, BL is every Destiny wants to be.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Why do you lie to yourself. Destiny is the Borderlands that never was.....

And that's a good thing because Destiny's art style looks fucking boring. There is a reason Gearbox changed from the original. It now stands out instead of looking like everything else.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Last_Ride

@speedfog said:

Can you make a resume out of the video?

Well basicly she's ranting about the oxygen feature that is stupid. Which basicly holds back the hold game

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Boy I sure hope there's some timed missions in there as well, nothing I love more than completely unnecessary design decisions that completely sap the fun out of a game and turn it into a chore.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Meh.

I think the game will be fine. My only wish is that they would take out some of the obviously abuseable guns. *cough*Harold*cough* I also wish they would add more than a few guns and deal with some of the completely worthless legendaries and pearlescents.

Now if they just price this last gen game at $40. What's that? 2K is publishing it? Oi Vey. $60 here we come for a last gen game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@bobbetybob said:

Boy I sure hope there's some timed missions in there as well, nothing I love more than completely unnecessary design decisions that completely sap the fun out of a game and turn it into a chore.

Exactly, i mean you can already drop hundreds of feet without getting any damage. Why even make this a feature. It's a freaking game, not a simulation.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

So many idiots in this thread

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Borderlands is the poor man's Destiny.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 silversix_

@heretrix said:

@silversix_ said:

Why do you lie to yourself. Destiny is the Borderlands that never was.....

And that's a good thing because Destiny's art style looks fucking boring. There is a reason Gearbox changed from the original. It now stands out instead of looking like everything else.

If you find Destiny's art direction boring then you must hate every single sci fi game ever released

@clyde46 said:

@silversix_ said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@silversix_ said:

You mean, BL is every Destiny wants to be.

No its more like Path of Exile vs Diablo 3, a new franchise that does it shittone better than the old beloved one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@Blabadon said:

So many idiots in this thread

What did you expect, it's SW after all

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Closed the video as soon as I heard "i'm the biggest borderlands fan on earth"

Yeah... Right off the bat I can tell I don't want to hear what this girl has to say...

Also... LMAO leave it to fragheads to start "rivalries" where there was never one, this new borderlands couldn't be anymore different from Destiny

One is a co-op shooter in-space, the other is an mmo fragfest

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Last_Ride

@roler42: If you've seen her video's, you know that's the truth

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Wow that oxygen meter sucks, hopefully that's just one small portion of the game thag will need it.

Secondly, the girl is amazing. A gamer girl that talks about gameplay aspects rather than the social bullshit like feminism.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i cant wait for borderlands pre -sequel i buy xbox 360 version

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@EvanTheGamer said:

Wow that oxygen meter sucks, hopefully that's just one small portion of the game thag will need it.

Secondly, the girl is amazing. A gamer girl that talks about gameplay aspects rather than the social bullshit like feminism.

it doesn't look like it's a small detail.

yeah it is refreshing