Borderlands 2 VR: One of the most popular shooters of the decade is coming to PSVR as an exclusive

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/09/first-look-at-borderlands-2-vr-launching-december-14/

It all starts December 14, when Borderlands 2 VR launches on PS VR. And we didn’t just cram Borderlands into a headset and call it a day – we did copious research into how VR plays best to update the experience so you can now fully sink your eyes into the wild and mayhem-filled world of Pandora with new VR-specific mechanics and skills!

The biggest new feature of Borderlands 2 VR is our take on bullet-time, called “BAMF Time” (or “BadAss Mega Fun Time” if you’re not into the whole brevity thing). Activating BAMF Time will give you the speed and reflexes of a rabid skag, allowing you to dodge bullets, pull off 360 no-scope headshots, and even use your Action Skill to fight off hordes of bandits, bullymongs, and whatever else Pandora might throw at you.

• PSVR celebrates its 2nd year on October 13th
  • Borderlands VR comes to PSVR exclusively on December 14th
  • Many Hermits, Lemmings and Sheep swore that PSVR would flop and die early and sell the least compared to Rift/Vive. It actually ends up selling the most. Interesting.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

Looks like it could be fun ...for about 10 minutes....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Wow, this would actually make me get a psvr if you could still do co-op in the game. But you can't, so nevermind :(

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol TC is hyping shallow VR garbage?

what happened to demanding better from sony? ask for them to put this shitty peripheral out of its 2million userbase misery and let them give you real games instead.

time to hold your sony plastic to the same standard you preach homer.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

what happened to demanding better from sony? ask for them to put this shitty peripheral out of its 2million userbase misery and let them give you real games instead.

I'm sure you would like Borderlands on the Switch...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Sheep and Lems in here downplaying this. That's one of my favorite games ever, so I'm pretty excited to try it in VR.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KBFloYd

@Ant_17 said:
@KBFloYd said:

I'm sure you would like Borderlands on the Switch...

a port of borderlands 2? i suppose it could sell but its quite an old game.

out of the 2million userbase. how many will rebuy this old port? probably not much?

wait... is this just a patch you download? in that case developers will make no money off of it. This will keep VR at the bottom of the barrel. it will not do as much as a brand new 60hr borderlands game exclusive to VR.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@KBFloYd: To be fair, i don't really want people giving money to Gearbox, but since Doom VFR and Skyrim VR sold well i'm sure this will sell well.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

@Ant_17 said:

@KBFloYd: To be fair, i don't really want people giving money to Gearbox, but since Doom VFR and Skyrim VR sold well i'm sure this will sell well.

any numbers for skyrim or doom? i dont see borderlands doing that well.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Ant_17: Would only want it on the Switch if they did a better job than that sideshow Vita port.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Sorry but cows don't like old games, or do they like them today? and what about tomorrow? or even the next day after that?

Hard to keep up with cow hypocrisy these days lol.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 679 Posts

wow. Awesome!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@KBFloYd: Dude the PSVR crossed the 3 million userbase line months and months ago and is probably now close to 4 million...

And, come on, you know this looks awesome. Running around Pandora in VR is going to be freakin' great.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@i_p_daily: Nailed it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@reduc_ab_ said:

@KBFloYd: Dude the PSVR crossed the 3 million userbase line months and months ago and is probably now close to 4 million...

And, come on, you know this looks awesome. Running around Pandora in VR is going to be freakin' great.

C'mon now red, the PSVR just passed 3 million in August 2018, which means it took nearly 2yrs to hit that milestone, and yet you want to portray that its nearly at 4 million thus selling a million in a little less than 2 months lol. Not even you believe that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70408 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

C'mon now red, the PSVR just passed 3 million in August 2018, which means it took nearly 2yrs to hit that milestone, and yet you want to portray that its nearly at 4 million thus selling a million in a little less than 2 months lol. Not even you believe that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Zidaneski said:

Wow, this would actually make me get a psvr if you could still do co-op in the game. But you can't, so nevermind :(

Yeah they dropped co-op. Woulda been cool, but for certain VR considerations it had to be done, it seems.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@Ant_17 said:

any numbers for skyrim or doom? i dont see borderlands doing that well.

No numbers but they are happy with sales: https://uploadvr.com/bethesda-skyrim-vr-fallout-doom-sold-well/

And luckily Todd Howard understands the simple principle behind all technologies which is that mainstream adoption doesn't happen until gen 3 onwards. There's a quote of him saying that somewhere.

Also quite ironic to be bashing a peripheral that recently got one of PS4's highest rated exclusives.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Meh. No thanks. I have yet to see anything compelling enough to raise my interest in VR gaming and this isn’t moving the needle for me any. Pass.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Of all the games to be made in VR and it's always ones that I either already played to death or never had any interest in. Figures. If only R would have done a full LA Noire remastered in VR but nooo, we get the little demo experience. This trend just seems to keep continuing.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blueberry_Bandit

@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. No thanks. I have yet to see anything compelling enough to raise my interest in VR gaming and this isn’t moving the needle for me any. Pass.

Well that's because VR is a hard sell in video format. Try Lone Echo or Astro Bot and you should see the potential and promise. Well not just see it, but experience it.

FPS games can look decent in video format though. I imagine whenever Valve drops their 3 VR game trailers, the internet will go crazy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Sorry but cows don't like old games, or do they like them today? and what about tomorrow? or even the next day after that?

Nintendo gets a port/MS gets a game BC. Cows: "Sheep and Lems only like old games."

Borderlands 2 is VR. *Cows cue holy chants, praising their lord and saviour Sony*

Loading Video...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Cool?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@cainetao11: Very cool! ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@nintendoboy16 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Nintendo gets a port/MS gets a game BC. Cows: "Sheep and Lems only like old games."

Borderlands 2 is VR. *Cows cue holy chants, praising their lord and saviour Sony*

Loading Video...

All hail sir Godny lol.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Lmao at old games are cool when it serves your agenda; Bethesda is “happy” with sales of Skyrim VR and that’s trustworthy but if MS says they’re happy with sales of a game it’s DC.

I never got into the Borderlands games anyway.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371

@blueberry_bandit: I’ve tried VR already so it’s not difficult for me to imagine how a game will play out in VR from watching a video. I just have a fundamental disinterest in gaming in VR currently. There may be a game that changes my mind on this but so far I have yet to see one and yes I have looked at some video of Lone Echo and Astro Bot.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit

@Archangel3371 said:

@blueberry_bandit: I’ve tried VR already so it’s not difficult for me to imagine how a game will play out in VR from watching a video. I just have a fundamental disinterest in gaming in VR currently. There may be a game that changes my mind on this but so far I have yet to see one and yes I have looked at some video of Lone Echo and Astro Bot.

It still doesn't work that way. I can tell you first hand that a game like Sprint Vector was incomprehensible to imagine what it's like to play and the feel of it. Until I did, and then I really enjoyed it - and I've had a Rift for over 2 years.

Videos really don't sell either of those two games I mentioned.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371

@blueberry_bandit: Well good for you. You do you and I’ll do me. I currently have a fundamental disinterest in gaming in VR and until I see something that changes that for me then I’ll continue to be disinterested in it.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Loading Video...

For VR, it would make more sense. It's still a relatively new technology for many of these developers. Notice Rockstar did not simply port over GTA V, even though it has a first-person mode already. Making a VR game is more complicated than that.

For Gearbox to test the waters with a full game is actually impressive.

More is expected out of regular gaming consoles because the console format with their numerous established franchises, mascots, and large ecosystem has been out for, oh, a few decades. VR doesn't have that (yet).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#32 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
@whatafailure said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Loading Video...

For VR, it would make more sense. It's still a relatively new technology for many of these developers. Notice Rockstar did not simply port over GTA V, even though it has a first-person mode already. Making a VR game is more complicated than that.

For Gearbox to test the waters with a full game is actually impressive.

More is expected out of regular gaming consoles because the console format with their numerous established franchises, mascots, and large ecosystem has been out for, oh, a few decades. VR doesn't have that (yet).

Dude. I don't give a damn how "complicated" VR is compared to making your console games portable (Switch) or your BC games 4K (XBOX ONE X). Point is, you're defending something rival fanboys - sheep and lems - have been blasted for doing.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

Borderlands with no co-op, really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@howmakewood said:

Well it falls inline with 99% of all Sony's first party titles, Sony doesn't want you to play with your friends as Sony is the only friend you'll ever need lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Old games are old. Well, that's what I Herd. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

Let me know when Gearbox release Borderlands 3 with VR.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Lol at the lemmings crying here. I guess it must hurt that a peripheral has managed to get better exclusives in 2 years than their shit console during this whole gen.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Yeah I know right, Sony should rather focus on releasing carboard for kids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@zappat: It's so true. The PSVR has a great exclusive library that just keeps growing.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@reduc_ab_ said:

@zappat: It's so true. The PSVR has a great exclusive library that just keeps growing.

as a rift owner I am not really jealous of this, borderlands 2 isn't exactly a feast for the eyes and to run around in that , yikes.

I would be different if it had co op though

@i_p_daily said:
@howmakewood said:

Well it falls inline with 99% of all Sony's first party titles, Sony doesn't want you to play with your friends as Sony is the only friend you'll ever need lol.

but it doesn't so... yeah, it's good though that there are more games coming to vr but why not something like assassin creed , far cry or gta. I mean that would be great.

But co op would me much greater... kind of a missed opportunity here, when I play vr now I'm still in xbox parties through the xbox app, but that's really not the same thing as a co op game in vr.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Lost me at single player. Borderlands is best as a coop experience imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

PSVR does have a few choice games that'd help me pick PSVR over Occulus or Vive....Borderlands 2 VR isn't one of them.