Bloodborne demo defeats players at PAX Prime, TGS

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@freedomfreak

Yeah.... I put literally 10 Minutes into each one... :D

I killed two zombie thingies in the tutorial section of Dark Souls and one dog thingy in Dark Souls II (Outside those 3 old witches Crib theres a whole bunch of them).... I racked up 10 deaths with in this time frame, 3 by That Fat Demon thingy (the one I'm suppose to run away from) and 7 Deaths from those dog thingies.

My Experience with this series just isn't lining up with what people have been praising it for.

paraphrasing many players from dark souls:

"get gud" instead of crying about it in a forum, yes the game is hard, but for me is totally worth it, i don't care if you think people shouldn't like it, in fact no one does.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Krelian-co

I whistle and you come running.... Whos a Good Boy... Whos a Good Boy ! :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

I whistle and you come running.... Whos a Good Boy... Whos a Good Boy ! :p

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Considering just how much cheaper (not talking about money) Dark Souls II is compared to Dark Souls... I assumed people would be excited... I mean if Dark Souls was all about overwheliming Force then why wouldn't Souls fans to jump at the oppertunity to be aggro'd by Multiple enemies with even higher stats..... But nope.... To my surprize Dark Souls fans didn't like it one bit.... Saying it was cheap and unfair... And I'm like: "Well Duh... Isn't that what you people wanted?"

I don't even know anymore.... The series is beyond me.

Yeah, **** the Souls games. Too much effort for a clumsy, horrible performing game.

Put it in the bin.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

Ah yes... The "Get Gud" argument....

The game is pretty simple, I had the controls down in 5 minutes, its got relatively simple mechanics, Attack, Block and Dodge....

So what am I suppose to be "getting gud" at exactly ? Grinding ? Memorizing Attack Patterns ? tinkering with Stats ?

I won't lie to you mate... I suck at those things.... Not because they are difficult... No sir, because they are so frustratingly tedious that I can't think straight long enough to hack away at brain dead damage sponges, appearently somehow because I lack the capacity to enjoy Grinding that makes me........ And you know what, I'm okay with that...... Go ahead.... Be good at blocking and dodging and not losing your patience against damage sponges..... Thats quite the Achievement. But don't expect me to envy you.....

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

The game is pretty simple, I had the controls down in 5 minutes, its got relatively simple mechanics, Attack, Block and Dodge....

So what am I suppose to be "getting gud" at exactly ? Grinding ? Memorizing Attack Patterns ? tinkering with Stats ?

I won't lie to you mate... I suck at those things.... Not because they are difficult... No sir, because they are so frustratingly tedious that I can't think straight long enough to hack away at brain dead damage sponges, appearently somehow because I lack the capacity to enjoy Grinding that makes me........ And you know what, I'm okay with that...... Go ahead.... Be good at blocking and dodging and not losing your patience against damage sponges..... Thats quite the Achievement. But don't expect me to envy you.....

Lulu, you try way too hard man.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Lulu_Lulu

@ReadingRainbow4

I do... I really do... But what else can you do if a game's idea od difficulty is nerfing your character and forcing you to grind for better gear....... You bet your sweet ass I try too hard... Turns out you just can't beat a a giant frog shaped dragon thingy with a Stick you pick up in some dank prison.... I mean you could but whos got that kind of patience ?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#109 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Haters gonna haters.

People who like Souls games will like it. People who don't like Souls games will bash it. Difficulty is only an aspect of Souls games; ignoring all its other merits and focus solely on its difficulty is blind and wasteful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#110 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Vatusus

Sure In Dark Souls you get to fiddle with Stats and all that nonsense RPG fans are suckers for..... But eventually you're going to have go out and hit something just like many other Action Games.... Which Dark Souls does very well.... Sadly this is ruined by Terrible Iteration Cycles, Strategic Failures, And Cheap Deaths.... Pretty much the very Definition of Artificial Difficulty....

besides a couple of exception I never felt my deaths were cheap. you must just svck at the game. the video i provided on my original link proves you know shit wtf you're talkin about

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#111  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

hum, you svck at memorizing atack patterns but you love HnS games an you boast about their difficulty? most bosses in HnS games require you to memorize patterns...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Krelian-co

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

Lulu, you try way too hard man.

too hard, it is kinda sad, he reminds me of texasgoldrush, both morons with dumb opinions :(

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Krelian-co

@Vatusus said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

hum, you svck at memorizing atack patterns but you love HnS games an you boast about their difficulty? most bosses in HnS games require you to memorize patterns...

hypocrisy is strong with lulu we all know that by now, he dislikes the game and gives some dumb reasons and hyperboles, yeah lul we all play dark souls to get a stick and kill a frog with it, you who hasn't even played the game more than 5 minutes know best, tell me all about it lulu

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

LOL XposBone is so fucked in 2015 LOLOL

Because Bloodborne is hard?

Because X1 wont get this game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I like the trial and error, pattern recognition, etc gameplay of the Souls games. I just don't like the combat system or the controls. I don't like how ranged attacks feel, and the melee combat is just slow-paced and clunky. If I am going to repeat 30 minutes of gameplay, it needs to be fun or I am going to quit playing.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#116 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

the hype this dark souls rip off is getting is embarrassing, just because people are desperate for something new

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@hehe101: you mean a rip off of a rip off of demons souls?

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Why is this news? It's so self-congratulatory for no reason.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@hehe101 said:

the hype this dark souls rip off is getting is embarrassing, just because people are desperate for something new

You do know that this is the successor to Demon Souls? The original.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clr84651 said:
@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

so what's the issue?

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@hehe101 said:

You do know that this is the successor to Demon Souls? The original.

It can be whatever it wants its just an easier version smh

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

Yes sir... When It comes to Grinding and Learning By Constantly Dying, I suck at it.... I suck hard !

FYI I don't play most HnS games...... For all I know you maybe right.... About most of them that is..... Just not about the select few that I know of.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

Whatever you say, Fido......

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

I killed two zombie thingies in the tutorial section of Dark Souls and one dog thingy in Dark Souls II (Outside those 3 old witches Crib theres a whole bunch of them).... I racked up 10 deaths with in this time frame, 3 by That Fat Demon thingy (the one I'm suppose to run away from) and 7 Deaths from those dog thingies.

My Experience with this series just isn't lining up with what people have been praising it for.

Ouch, Lulu_Lulu. That won't do. That won't do at aaaaaall. I haven't played Dark Souls 2 myself. Man, I wouldn't buy DS2, if I had such a rough time with the first one :p

Dark Souls 2 is definitely easier than the first. For one, if you are struggling with a boss you can just grind the enemies in an area until they don't re-appear, and secondly the net-code is much improved (on the PC at least), meaning you can summon bros for literally any boss you are struggling with.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I never saw the appeal of super hard frustrating games, to me games should be fun and some thing you share some laughs with with friends or family.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

no because all those exclusives for ps4 next year

F***** packed son

playstation 4 will only grow and grow we all know the end story of this gen

Xbox brand will always be the 2nd or 3rd rated console ''óhara trying to be a nike'

The Order

Bloodborne

Until Dawn

omigawd,such a huge year

Uncharted 4

ABZU

No Man's Sky (will come to PC later but its PS4 timed exclusive)

Also maybe 2015 (not confirmed):

Wild

Rime

Wow, shows SONY is serious about the by gamers FOR gamers mantra.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: You learn how to block and attack. Which your dumbass couldn't do. Maybe you should watch some DS vids so that you can understand the game. You've no right to judge it when you cant do something as simple as attack

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:
@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

so what's the issue?

It's about the X1 not getting the game. Not because it's a hard game.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Krelian-co

@l34052 said:

I never saw the appeal of super hard frustrating games, to me games should be fun and some thing you share some laughs with with friends or family.

to me is just a game that i really like that is hard, the difficulty didn't matter to me tbh the game was awesome and i wasn't going to let some difficulty stop me from finishing it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Lulu_Lulu

@Capitan_Kid

I took a Shieldless Class....

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#131 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I took a Shieldless Class....

You can get a shield in every Souls game right after the tutorial area

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lulu_Lulu

@princeofshapeir

I didn't leave the Tutorial Area......

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@princeofshapeir

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Lulu_Lulu

@ReadingRainbow4

What ? I wanted to see if I could beat it with a Stick...... I wanted to see if my years of playing other skillfull games would be of any use there..... Turns out that wasn't the case.... Just another game that wants me to grind to get better gear to beat damage sponges..... Been there done that. If thats what you call difficulty then more power to ya.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Krelian-co

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@princeofshapeir

hey but he knows all about dark souls and why you shouldn't like it!

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#136 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

I don't get why they not releasing any info the game coming in 4 month and all the major show has gone by WTF?????

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Lulu_Lulu

@Alcapello

They wana to maximize as many deaths as possible by sending you in Blind and Stupid.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Alcapello

They wana to maximize as many deaths as possible by sending you in Blind and Stupid.

Back in the day coming to this site meant getting the latest in every detail of every big game every day.

Today it mean which big company gonna buy the ad space at the top, destiny, titanfall COD etc.

Thanks microspot

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Lulu_Lulu

@Alcapello

I know right..... Right now I'm having trouble sifting through all this hype just so I can get one specific detail about President Evil Revelations 2.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

you don't get it, no one cares about that, people play souls games because they are good, not only because they are difficult, i haven't played ninja gaiden because i think they are mindless button mashers.

Button mashing in Ninja Gaiden is the quickest way to get to the game over screen.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#141 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Appearently Cheap deaths are Hardcore now.....

I think this video is for you

Loading Video...

terrific video. Funny and instructive. I hope Lulu learns something from it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lulu_Lulu

@Gue1

Yeah.... Its riddle with Cheap Deaths..... But I think what pissed me off even more with this is that Dragon's Dogma tried to copy it and failed miserably, just making things worse.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:
@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

so what's the issue?

It's about the X1 not getting the game. Not because it's a hard game.

Does that idea get you excited?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 clone01

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ReadingRainbow4

What ? I wanted to see if I could beat it with a Stick...... I wanted to see if my years of playing other skillfull games would be of any use there..... Turns out that wasn't the case.... Just another game that wants me to grind to get better gear to beat damage sponges..... Been there done that. If thats what you call difficulty then more power to ya.

Not a stick, but a dagger seems adequate...if you'd like to search, this person beat it soul level 1 with zero armor...this is an excerpt. I get what you're doing here, but you're frankly just wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txjV2ePW7kM

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Lulu_Lulu

@clone01

uhm...... No Boss Fight ?

No Mini Boss Fight ?

No 5 Enemy Aggro ?

Just a bunch of Slow Zombies..... In the Begin Of Dark Souls II, before the 3 withes house, theres a small pen with abit 7 dog thingies...... I had similar class (Adventurer) and wielded the dagger two handed stance..... Those Things are fast and relentless.... Got a video for that, preferably a fun one.

Oh and Boring. Damn that was so boring ! I forget Dark Souls is not know for its wide range of gameplay mechanics unlike Dragon's Dogma.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By clone01

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@clone01

uhm...... No Boss Fight ?

No Mini Boss Fight ?

No 5 Enemy Aggro ?

Just a bunch of Slow Zombies..... In the Begin Of Dark Souls II, before the 3 withes house, theres a small pen with abit 7 dog thingies...... I had similar class (Adventurer) and wielded the dagger two handed stance..... Those Things are fast and relentless.... Got a video for that, preferably a fun one.

Oh and Boring. Damn that was so boring ! I forget Dark Souls is not know for its wide range of gameplay mechanics unlike Dragon's Dogma.

I told you that the user had many videos. Its up to you if you want to research. Your comment was that you couldn't use a low level character or low level weapon and do well in the game. Apparently you can. I'd like to see a similar video from you. Or was it too cheap for your tastes.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Krelian-co

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gue1

Yeah.... Its riddle with Cheap Deaths..... But I think what pissed me off even more with this is that Dragon's Dogma tried to copy it and failed miserably, just making things worse.

you must know all bout that since you played it more than 5 mins, amirite?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

200 Hours to be Exact.... 200 Hours I'l never get back.... :(

actually I only want 125 of those 200 hours back.... There was 25 Hours of playtime that I didn't regret.

@clone01

Oh I'm sure there is a video of Some Boss Killing action with Nothing but a Dagger, but its probably some sort exploitation.... After all. My strategy was to run in circles and isolate the enemy then strike when its safe to do so.... Which leads to hour long combat encounters....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 clone01

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

actually I only want 125 of those 200 hours back.... There was 25 Hours of playtime that I didn't regret.

@clone01

Oh I'm sure there is a video of Some Boss Killing action with Nothing but a Dagger, but its probably some sort exploitation.... After all. My strategy was to run in circles and isolate the enemy then strike when its safe to do so.... Which leads to hour long combat encounters....

Why would it be an exploit?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Krelian-co

As always you are full of bullsh1t, but that's nothing new, i would go with you haven't played this game more than 10 minutes, since you are so obviously ignorant about it, also 125 + 25 = 150, not 200, not that it matters though, expecting someone like you to know basic school math is too much.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@freedomfreak