Blizzard get bad game running on Consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Obviously_Right (5095 posts) -

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/11/diablo-iii-running-on-consoles-at-blizzard

Blizzard hasannouncedthat Diablo III is currently running on consoles, though it hasn't yet been granted the status of an "official project".

Speaking to Polygon, Blizzard executive Rob Pardo explained that the team was testing to see how the game performed on unspecified consoles, which would in turn lead to official ports should it go well enough.

...yay?

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

bu bu bu bu but i already maded a threads:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29328712/rumor-article-with-title-diablo-3-on-xbox-720-ps4-not-too-farfetched

Plus TC, you actually posted in it:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29328712/rumor-article-with-title-diablo-3-on-xbox-720-ps4-not-too-farfetched?page=0#msg_9

#3 Posted by MrYaotubo (2693 posts) -
lol,a bad game that overall outscored pretty much about every single PS3 and 360 retail exclusive this year? Damn,I wonder how bad all other games are if that one is considered a bad game.
#4 Posted by bobbetybob (19270 posts) -
It's not a bad game it has one incredibly bad element that brings down the whole point of the game which is the stupid auction house.
#5 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14067 posts) -
It's not a bad game it has one incredibly bad element that brings down the whole point of the game which is the stupid auction house. bobbetybob
I don't know, I feel It's got more problems than just that man..
#6 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

I don't see much point now. The game is nowhere near to the classic Diablo's. Now throwing in a controller and the fact this game has been out for a while now don't make sence to me.

Would of been better porting it to tablets tbh. Alot of money to be made and the touch screen would go well with the games.

#7 Posted by Obviously_Right (5095 posts) -

bu bu bu bu but i already maded a threads:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29328712/rumor-article-with-title-diablo-3-on-xbox-720-ps4-not-too-farfetched

Plus TC, you actually posted in it:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29328712/rumor-article-with-title-diablo-3-on-xbox-720-ps4-not-too-farfetched?page=0#msg_9

psymon100

Wasn't your thread about Diablo 3 for next gen? IGN UK only posted this a little while ago.

#8 Posted by Obviously_Right (5095 posts) -

lol,a bad game that overall outscored pretty much about every single PS3 and 360 retail exclusive this year? Damn,I wonder how bad all other games are if that one is considered a bad game.MrYaotubo

Lag in Single-Player? :lol:

Its a bad game for that reason alone.

#9 Posted by trollop_scat (2651 posts) -

Diablo 3 is a soul crushing disappointment, stay away consolites you're not missing a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g...

#10 Posted by MrYaotubo (2693 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]lol,a bad game that overall outscored pretty much about every single PS3 and 360 retail exclusive this year? Damn,I wonder how bad all other games are if that one is considered a bad game.Obviously_Right

Lag in Single-Player? :lol:

Its a bad game for that reason alone.

What is this,the launch week? :lol: That was an issue that was fixed long ago,only people like you that never played it and only heard of the feedback of the first few days still say this,so nice try but fail lol. Besides,who plays D3 single player? Oh,ok,maybe someone with no friends like yourself XD
#11 Posted by fueled-system (6286 posts) -
Diablo 3 lanuch was a massive failure, they basically nerfed anything that was popular not to mention the dull enviroments I hear it is far better but oh well I beat Inferno so I got my moneys worth
#12 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Good for Blizzard, getting out of a dying market is the best thing for them.

jk

#13 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I was highly considering buying it at launch, but I kept convincing myself to not let the brand name get in the way of judging the game based on its actual quality.

A few of my friends did get it, and I got to hear them complain about the game's launch problems, and huge class imbalances.

Eventually Torchlight 2 came out, I bought that instead, and nearly forgot about Diablo 3 until these "Diablo on consoles" threads started popping up recently.

#14 Posted by pelvist (4800 posts) -

Diablo III isnt really a bad game, its just not what people where expecting from a long awaited sequel to one of the best games of all time. However, i doubt many console gamers will be interested, but then you never know because apart from TLOU they dont really have much else to play. Maybe this is Blizzards plan.

#15 Posted by Vaasman (11423 posts) -

Why is this news, you could run Diablo 3 on a blender without much effort.

#16 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -
Legitimately one of the most soulless games I've ever played in my life. Console gamers, believe me. U ain't bout dat life.
#17 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

Good for Blizzard, getting out of a dying market is the best thing for them.

jk

TheEpicGoat
2/10 made me respond
#18 Posted by wis3boi (31373 posts) -

Vaasman

#19 Posted by JameMcCabe (361 posts) -

Really doesn't make sense to port it to consoles, but that's my opinion. Besides, who would wanna play it? Anybody that has ever wanted to play it has already bought it for the PC.

#20 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

Vaasman
I think a brand new blender has more horsepower than today's consoles. :P
#21 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

Don't you need to be online to play the game? Ya, no. No thanks Blizzard.

Plus the game, I heard, lags in the single player. Screw off.

#22 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

How will they pull off overbearing and annoying Battle.net integration?

#23 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
I got Diablo 3 for free because I'm an annual WoW subscriber. So I've played the game quite a bit. I'm not sure what it is that people are complaining about with it. I had fun with it.
#24 Posted by xLittlekillx (1808 posts) -

So, the only people who still play it are people who are trying to make money in the auction house, right? Well, who are they making money off of if everybody is just there to make money?

#25 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
They can keep it. 1: blizzard has yet put a game out i like.
#26 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
Why would I want to play a watered down console port of the crappier version of Torchlight II?
#27 Posted by mariokart64fan (19491 posts) -

they should do a rock n roll racing on wiiu

#28 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26148 posts) -

-always online requirement

-auction house wouldn't work

-playing with a controller

Not a chance now, no chance later.

#29 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i'd buy it on console.. but if i have to be online to play it... most likely not
#30 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9245 posts) -

I can just see all the inferno trolling on consoles with thumb stick controls. LOL.

Bliz must be desperate for $$$. Wasting all our time waiting for a POS. If only they kept to the videos we first seen.... "It's to much work"... Yeah we get your lazy and you make Billions every year. No excuse.

#31 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

I don't see much point now. The game is nowhere near to the classic Diablo's. Now throwing in a controller and the fact this game has been out for a while now don't make sence to me.

Would of been better porting it to tablets tbh. Alot of money to be made and the touch screen would go well with the games.

PCgameruk

Wow... thank goodness you are not responsible for making these decisions.

#32 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

I can just see all the inferno trolling on consoles with thumb stick controls. LOL.

Bliz must be desperate for $$$. Wasting all our time waiting for a POS. If only they kept to the videos we first seen.... "It's to much work"... Yeah we get your lazy and you make Billions every year. No excuse.

Truth_Hurts_U

Blizzard wouldn't keep the AH in the game for the consoles.... count on it.

#33 Posted by bobbetybob (19270 posts) -

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

moistsandwich

Blizzard wouldn't keep the AH in the game for the consoles.... count on it.

That'd actually be a good thing, then they'd have to make it so you get worthwhile loot by playing the game.
#34 Posted by parkurtommo (27023 posts) -

lol

#35 Posted by Heil68 (44463 posts) -
i'd buy it on console.. but if i have to be online to play it... most likely notcampzor
I would love to be on the their boards if they gave consoles offline mode. :lol:
#36 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Was a BAD BAD game. Don't really care either way. I wouldn't mind it on my PS3 (on the Wii U would be cool...) but I won't get excited for it coming out on either console.

#37 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]i'd buy it on console.. but if i have to be online to play it... most likely notHeil68
I would love to be on the their boards if they gave consoles offline mode. :lol:

AND removed the auction house. :lol:
#38 Posted by DontGetBigIdeas (233 posts) -

For such a "bad game", it was quite good. It's only "bad" because it doesn't live up to the lofty expectations we have for Blizzard games. Put that title in another Publisher's line-up and it doesn't get the same amount of flack. Such is the life of Blizzard -- their games are so legendary it's hard to compare them against others, therefore they're only as good or better if they surpass their last effort. Just ask any StarCraft fan how they feel about SC2 to Brood War...same criticisms from that crowd you see waged at D2 vs. D3.