Black Ops 2 sales reach $1 Billion in 15 days, beats MW3

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -
#2 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

B-Bu-But what about "hitting teh wall"?

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -
You people and your sillly numbers :P
#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

TheEpicGoat

ikr! where are the delusional people who said its slowing down? :P

#5 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

You people and your sillly numbers :Pfreedomfreak

New sig everyday? so good

#6 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
From what I've played, it's much better than MW3. I do believe that MW4 will do worse than Black Ops 2, especially since Treyarch is the better developer and people will think that it's time for something else other than a "Modern Warfare".
#7 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Well deserved. It's the vastly superior game. MW3 was ass.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]You people and your sillly numbers :Pfinalstar2007

New sig everyday? so good

Every few days. This is the last one before I put up the Christmas one.
#9 Posted by tonitorsi (8271 posts) -

Thats outrageously good.

Soon my purchase will be added to Dat 1 billi.

#10 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Good, I'd hate for MW3 to sell more since I thought that was a low point for the series. Black Ops II was a blast, even if it had some issues.

#11 Posted by lazerface216 (7449 posts) -

bu...bu..but console gaming is dying.........

:lol: not a chance

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -
But how many copies did it sell?
#13 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

It cannot be stopped.

tumblr_lmj7kztT081qg39ewo1_500.gif

#14 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -
But how many copies did it sell?charizard1605
less then MW3
#15 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7288 posts) -

lol there was a thread around two days ago with some nonsense about the CoD brand has decreased in popularity and Activision is in for somre real trouble soon.

#16 Posted by themajormayor (25667 posts) -
That's sad
#17 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

lol there was a thread around two days ago with some nonsense about the CoD brand has decreased in popularity and Activision is in for somre real trouble soon.

CanYouDiglt

Nah if anything, COD will continue to gain popularity. I think next gen will see an even bigger rise in COD's popularity.

#18 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -
That's sad themajormayor
Heyy.Dont be glum my freind... As they say on FeedBackula just say "Thank god for Indie games" the saviour of the video game industry.
#19 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

*sigh*

#20 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

But how many copies did it sell?charizard1605

Well it outsold MW3's first 24 hours and beat it in reaching $1 billion within 15 days whn MW3 took 16 days.. you do the math :P, dont think its too hard.

but according to VGchartz the game is currently over 9million copies on xbox, over 7 million copies on PS3 and maybe 5 copies on WiiU

#21 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]But how many copies did it sell?finalstar2007

Well it outsold MW3's first 24 hours and beat it in reaching $1 billion within 15 days whn MW3 took 16 days.. you do the math :P, dont think its too hard.

but according to VGchartz the game is currently over 9million copies on xbox, over 7 million copies on PS3 and maybe 5 copies on WiiU

Its obligatory to say this on this forum when someone uses VG charts Lol VgCharts.
#22 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]But how many copies did it sell?MaskedPlayer

Its obligatory to say this on this forum when someone uses VG charts Lol VgCharts.

I didnt say lets seriously use it tho.. just put it there if he was interested thats all :P

#23 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]But how many copies did it sell?MaskedPlayer

less then MW3

Accoring to analysts, who have been wrong 99% of the gen.

#24 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

[QUOTE="MaskedPlayer"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]But how many copies did it sell?TheEpicGoat

less then MW3

Accoring to analysts, who have been wrong 99% of the gen.

Yes my freind. Dr.Who has been wrong 99% of the gen.

Damn Dem aliens.

#25 Posted by Evo_nine (1596 posts) -

WOW

the call of duty franchise is definately a cash cow.

i can understand them wanted to milk it for all its worth.

#26 Posted by Evo_nine (1596 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]But how many copies did it sell?finalstar2007

looks like xbox is the master race.

Also, what about PC? lol

no love for the hermits.

#27 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -
We get it popularity does not equal quality, whats your point? If you like the same rehashed crap everyyear more power to you.
#28 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -

But i thought evryone hate Call of Duty!

finalstar2007
General public wants it, can't expect better form it.
#29 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28332 posts) -

thats sad that it has done so well. Im not one of those that bought it, I rented it for a day from redbox and didn't even play it halo 4 caught my attention.

#30 Posted by Comduter (2117 posts) -

Wow! That's a shame.:( This is a sad time for video games.

#31 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -

It still won't outsell the original Black Ops.

#32 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

It's the best CoD since CoD 4, but it still isn't great. The game needs to not let people with ass connections play. I know that probably knocks about 50% of their broke-ass kid, wifi leeching user-base, but the game would improve dramatically.

#33 Posted by Chutebox (36408 posts) -

Loving the mp.

#34 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

That's sad themajormayor

#35 Posted by Chutebox (36408 posts) -

thats sad that it has done so well. Im not one of those that bought it, I rented it for a day from redbox and didn't even play it halo 4 caught my attention.

WilliamRLBaker
You are so cool!
#36 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

All it says is that more of the CoD fanbase are preordering CoD rather than waiting on a purchase.

MW3 shattered previous CoD records when it released, but sold considerably worse than Black Ops over its lifetime.

#37 Posted by RoccoHout (974 posts) -

Why do people need a new CoD every freaking year:?

#38 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7288 posts) -
I really do not understand all the comments complaining. You may not like the game but clearly a ton of people do enjoy it. I am not a huge fan either but no reason to hate on the games success.
#39 Posted by JohnF111 (14046 posts) -
Damn... Here I was thinking the franchise had finally started to dwindle down. How wrong could I have been. I guess I was hoping more than seeing.
#40 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

finalstar2007

ikr! where are the delusional people who said its slowing down? :P

CoD always moves the most copies in the first month, when the hype and advertising is going crazy. About this slowdown, people were most likely refering to this:

Notably, March sales in particular were damning, with last month's sales of Modern Warfare 3 reportedly less than half the amount that Black Ops sold at that time last year.

Source

It's basically saying how MW3 sold less in the long term compared to other installments. Don't think it's a threat to the franchise's popularity, though, at least for now. CoD won't go through the critical popularity decline anytime soon...

#41 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

RoccoHout

Why do haters have to bi**h about CoD every freaking year:?

#42 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42578 posts) -
Finalstar showing he doesn't care about sales again.
#43 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="RoccoHout"]

finalstar2007

Can you look for better games instead?

#44 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I really do not understand all the comments complaining. You may not like the game but clearly a ton of people do enjoy it. I am not a huge fan either but no reason to hate on the games success. CanYouDiglt

How nice it is to see some common sense in a CoD thread. I feel the same, I don't play CoD games anymore, but I definitely don't have any problems with other people enjoying them. Who are we to say someone's gaming preferences are "wrong"?

#45 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

Finalstar showing he doesn't care about sales again.Stevo_the_gamer

I most certainly dont, just posting some news and you know how much people on SW love their sales threads plus this is CoD so people will come here raging, always fun to see ppl raging over CoD.

#46 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="RoccoHout"]

GamerwillzPS

Can you look for better games instead?

Sadly there arent any better FPS's out there thats thing.. have yet to play an FPS that is as fun as CoD ( dont even play CoD that much anymore, guess been too busy with other stuff)

#47 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42578 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Finalstar showing he doesn't care about sales again.finalstar2007

I most certainly dont, just posting some news and you know how much people on SW love their sales threads plus this is CoD so people will come here raging, always fun to see ppl raging over CoD.

Of course you don't.
#48 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Damn... Here I was thinking the franchise had finally started to dwindle down. How wrong could I have been. I guess I was hoping more than seeing.JohnF111

MW3 sold millions less than Black Ops despite breaking the day one/week one/holiday sales records set by Black Ops

That's the trend CoD is currently facing. More of its fanbase are buying day one/week one due to the game's leveling system requiring a time investment, but that does not mean that over the next year it will retain its popularity.

#49 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

It deserves it far better game then MW3 was. I just can't wait for MW4 to bomb and then activison will just leave the games to Treyarch.

#50 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7720 posts) -
Another SMG/Shotgun love fest for Call of Duty, however I will say that I think the weapons and kill streaks are more balanced than they are in MW3. I long for the day when the maps weren't centered around close quarters and hip firing. Still fun though.