Black Friday Deal of the Week on XBL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Xbox Live Game Store Black Friday sales, which will run from Nov. 26 to Dec. 2, feature a range Xbox 360 titles discounted, such as Tomb Raider for $14.99, Metro: Last Light for $24.99, Deadpool for $29.99 and more, according to listings showing up on the Xbox marketplace.

Microsoft's Larry Hryb is expected to post an official preview of the Xbox Live Game Store Black Friday sales tomorrow afternoon on his blog. The current list of discounted games spotted by Cheapa##Gamer forum users (via NeoGAF user jbug617) are as follows:

The Bureau, $19.79

Tomb Raider, $14.99

Skyrim, $14.99

Fallout 3, $7.49 with DLC priced at $1.49 each.

Mark of the Ninja, $5.09 with special edition DLC priced at $1.69.

Runner 2, $7.49

The Cave, $3.74

Dust: An Elysian Tale, $5.09

Motorcross Madness, $2.49

Sleeping Dogs, $12.39

Metro: Last Light, $24.99

Sacred Citadel, $7.49

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, $24.99 for Xbox Live Gold Members only.

Rockstar Table Tennis, $5.09

Puzzle Quest Galactrix, $5.09

Deadpool, $29.99

--

What are your thoughts?

Pick up The Bureau for that price if you can - it's very well worth it. Me myself, I'd be getting Tomb Raider in a flash as it was on top of my backlog list.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Look at all those masterpieces

Day 1 baby

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

its very tempting. but i might just leave my 360 unplugged for the time being. i read a rumour about a competing sale.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Salt_The_Fries

@Sweenix said:

Day 1 baby

What's wrong with Tomb Raider or Metro: Last Light? Are you familiar with a football term: "glory hunter"?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sweenix

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Day 1 baby

What's wrong with Tomb Raider or Metro: Last Light? Are you familiar with a football term: "glory hunter"?

Tomb Raider is actually a really good game, not as good as uncharted "come at me @freedomfreak," but it's still amazing.

I don't like metro though, but that's because sniper likes it.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries

@Sweenix said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Day 1 baby

Tomb Raider is actually a really good game, not as good as uncharted "come at me @freedomfreak," but it's still amazing.

Even corrupted mainstream media appreciated Metro :D So you didn't play it at all because of sniper or you played it but didn't like it THAT much? :D Go play it, seriously, if you didn't.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

A lot of those are overpriced DRM digital games, no way in hell.

The few under $5 that I don't have, I may look at twice as those could be solid deals.

If the game is available at retail, I'm buying it cheap at retail...not digital. That ecosystem sucks and is even more pronounced once you get an Xbone.

Metro The Last Light, Deadpool, and more I've seen cheaper at RETAIL and I can resell those. For those wanting to deal with Black Friday, many of those games are cheaper in stores.

There are some good digital only XBLA games up there worth considering though...at the $5 mark.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sweenix

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Day 1 baby

Even corrupted mainstream media appreciated Metro :D So you didn't play it at all because of sniper or you played it but didn't like it THAT much? :D Go play it, seriously, if you didn't.

I wanted to play it, but i just cant get myself to play a game that sniper likes

That jerk!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@SolidTy said:

The few under $5 that I don't have, I may look at twice as those could be solid deals.

If the game is available at retail, I'm buying it cheap at retail...not digital. That ecosystem sucks and is even more pronounced once you get an Xbone.

Metro The Last Light, Deadpool, and more I've seen cheaper at RETAIL and I can resell those. For those wanting to deal with Black Friday, many of those games are cheaper in stores.

There are some good digital only XBLA games up there worth considering though...at the $5 mark.

I bought DMC 2013 for 40 Polish zlotys and Resident Evil Revelations for 50 Polish Zlotys DIGITALLY because the cheapest RETAIL prices in my country were 100 Polish zlotys for EACH game. Bad deal? To me, in Poland, those deals are a GODSEND! But I agree, it's better to buy a boxed copy for as much instead of a digital one. BUT YOU HAVE TO FIND SUCH A DEAL FIRST and trust me - I EXCEL IN LOOKING FOR THINGS. The cheapest price for Tomb Raider in my country - including shipment - is 94 Polish zlotys. In this deal, it'd cost 45 Polish zlotys. Is it bad? And bear in mind we earn FOUR TIMES less money than anyone else to the West of our country. I agree with what you're saying, but we never get any discounts on anything in our country (they pretend to do them but in reality they don't), and the last thing that would be is video games. But don't get me wrong, you're right for the most part about everything, but none of it applies to a Tier 3 country like Poland. BTW I also buy used games and trade them in, so I get by somehow...

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Day 1 baby

lol. good luck dealing with ff :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
@Sweenix said:

I will cut your hands off and slap you to death with them :dayna:

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I'm sure it will be NA only despite Microsoft charging 188 D0llars more for the XBox One in the UK

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Salt_The_Fries

No, they're worldwide - and are effective now. Prices are the same. I just checked on my local marketplace.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

I bought DMC 2013 for 40 Polish zlotys and Resident Evil Revelations for 50 Polish Zlotys DIGITALLY because the cheapest RETAIL prices in my country were 100 Polish zlotys for EACH game. Bad deal? To me, in Poland, those deals are a GODSEND! But I agree, it's better to buy a boxed copy for as much instead of a digital one. BUT YOU HAVE TO FIND SUCH A DEAL FIRST and trust me - I EXCEL IN LOOKING FOR THINGS. The cheapest price for Tomb Raider in my country - including shipment - is 94 Polish zlotys. In this deal, it'd cost 45 Polish zlotys. Is it bad? And bear in mind we earn FOUR TIMES less money than anyone else to the West of our country. I agree with what you're saying, but we never get any discounts on anything in our country (they pretend to do them but in reality they don't), and the last thing that would be is video games. But don't get me wrong, you're right for the most part about everything, but none of it applies to a Tier 3 country like Poland. BTW I also buy used games and trade them in, so I get by somehow...

In your unfortunate situation I would no doubt agree...where I'm at, we see these prices for boxed retail when selectively shopping.

Yeah, the use game market is a godsend when trying out a game you are unsure of, as you can resell it. Buying a game you are unsure of digitally though, you lose that privilege.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Too bad my 360 is already locked away to make room for it's predecessor.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

lems think these are good deals?

I will probably get half of those games in upcoming humble bundles

feels good to be a hermit

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

I'm getting Tomb Raider.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Salt_The_Fries

@OniLordAsmodeus said:

I'm getting Tomb Raider.

I already did!!!! It was in my top 5 of "to-do-before-jumping-in-next-gen" list.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Pretty meh compared to GMG, Amazon and Steam sales. Good for consoles though.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries

http://majornelson.com/2013/11/26/xbox-360-game-store-black-friday-sales/

The full list is here.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@OniLordAsmodeus said:

I'm getting Tomb Raider.

I already did!!!! It was in my top 5 of "to-do-before-jumping-in-next-gen" list.

I haven't made the plunge yet. Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell Blacklist are to of the biggest profile games that I have yet to pick up.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

garbage compared to steam sales lmao

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Nothing special.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Motorcross madness?!!? is that a remake of the original one on PC? I have so many memories of that game