Black Flag PC only effects

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by id_mew (441 posts) -

Was gonna pick it up for PS4 but I'll get the PC version

#2 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5655 posts) -

I'll be honest here but I did not notice any difference... I'm sure they are they, and make the game look better. But I could not spot them at 1st glance in the video.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (28789 posts) -

Better shadows: only on PC.

#4 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16374 posts) -

I haven't even bought 3 yet. Still waiting to pick it up on Steam for $5, which is what I will do with this game as well. I am so done buying games at full price. Having a large backlog to work through makes it easy to wait too.

#5 Posted by Jankarcop (8782 posts) -

best on pc, as always

#6 Edited by kipsta77 (897 posts) -

Looks great! I've preordered it on Steam.

#7 Posted by Couth_ (9908 posts) -

1440p only on pc

#8 Edited by id_mew (441 posts) -

I Haven't even bought 3 yet. Still waiting to pick it up on Steam for $5, which is what I will do with this game as well. I am so done buying games at full price. Having a large backlog to work through makes it easy to wait too.

I didn't like 3. Got it for free when I get my GTX 680, played it for like 7 hours than I uninstalled it.

Black Flag looks so much better.

#9 Edited by edwardecl (1716 posts) -

What about AMD cards?

#10 Posted by starjet905 (1841 posts) -

What about AMD cards?

Not much hope, if AC III is anything to go by. After getting an HD 7750 for a low power machine I built a few weeks ago, I was shocked to see how badly AC III performs on it. There is obviously something very wrong when it performs better on my laptop with a GT 630M on equal settings.

#11 Posted by lostrib (30942 posts) -

I'll be honest here but I did not notice any difference... I'm sure they are they, and make the game look better. But I could not spot them at 1st glance in the video.

the most obvious one is the TXAA example

#12 Edited by stereointegrity (10659 posts) -

lol that frame rate drop

#13 Posted by bobbetybob (19076 posts) -

TXAA is great, the HBAO is cool if it gives better performance but otherwise that and the god rays aren't noticeable at all. The shadows are decent but considering that shadow quality is one of the first things I lower to get better performance, even if I had an Nvidia card I wouldn't be using it.

#14 Edited by glez13 (8486 posts) -

This again?

#15 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5655 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

the most obvious one is the TXAA example

I posted that before I saw the TXAA... But yeah I agree the TXAA was the most obvious one.

#16 Edited by sailor232 (4233 posts) -

TXAA looked great, the other I can do without and not see a difference (God Rays are unimportant).

#17 Posted by BPoole96 (22742 posts) -

Nothing looks very impressive outside of TXAA

#18 Posted by Jankarcop (8782 posts) -

Well consolites, that didn't take long for you guys to go back to the "gfx don't matter" bandwagon after 1 year of hyping gfx .

The console launches were that bad? LMAO

#19 Edited by Jankarcop (8782 posts) -

@glez13 said:

This again?

Funny, I don't see you posting this in the numberous xboxone vs. ps4 1-2 fps and 5% resolution increase difference threads.

#20 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8083 posts) -

Bu bu bu...PS4 version is worth the wait!!! :'(

#21 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

nice options for those with sufficient equipment.