Biowares Last Game.....

• 137 results
Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) 6 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Biowares Last Game..... (54 votes)

If Dragon Age Inquisition Flops 4%
Regardless If Dragon Age Inquisition Flops 6%
Will go for a few more games then be shut down 11%
Will never be shut down 57%
Needs to be shut down but sadly won't be 22%

The Bioware that made Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and the Baldur's Gate games is long dead! Bioware is kinda like the Dexter series after the 4th season It just wants na I say needs to die, and it's only a matter of time before EA pulls the life support.

What's left of Bioware is some shadowy EA figure that's the same in name only and will be more or less a mercy killing, but only when EA thinks they've squeezed every last nickle. Like the Dexter series it's time to end it before more damage can be done and dragged even more through the mud if that's even possible at this point..............

#101 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

The Bioware that makes cRPGs exclusive to PC is long-dead, because those games are targeted towards what has become a nice market. The industry has changed a lot since the days of Baldur's Gate, and Bioware has changed with it in order to survive. If you can't enjoy Mass Effect or Dragon Age there are plenty of other RPGs to play; just because you think they're shit doesn't mean Bioware is "dying."

Divinity Original Sin says hi.

#102 Edited by princeofshapeir (14392 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

The Bioware that makes cRPGs exclusive to PC is long-dead, because those games are targeted towards what has become a nice market. The industry has changed a lot since the days of Baldur's Gate, and Bioware has changed with it in order to survive. If you can't enjoy Mass Effect or Dragon Age there are plenty of other RPGs to play; just because you think they're shit doesn't mean Bioware is "dying."

Exactly what I'm saying; go play Divinity if you want a modern cRPG. It's been selling very well on Steam and has been met with a lot of critical acclaim, but Bioware recognizes that there's a bigger market across platforms for RPGs in the vein of Mass Effect and Dragon Age. And ever since Bioware has shifted gears, they've been doing better than ever before.

#103 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

@Shielder7 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Exactly what I'm saying; go play Divinity if you want a modern cRPG. It's been selling very well on Steam and has been met with a lot of critical acclaim, but Bioware recognizes that there's a bigger market across platforms for RPGs in the vein of Mass Effect and Dragon Age. And ever since Bioware has shifted gears, they've been doing better than ever before.

Bioware recognizes what EA tells them to recognize it's not because there's a bigger market across platforms, there is but that's not the reasons they don't make the games they used to.

You are right the Bioware of old is dead but not for the reasons you mentioned, it's not a good thing and only a complete Biodrone would say otherwise.

#104 Posted by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@Shielder7 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Bioware recognizes what EA tells them to recognize it's not because there's a bigger market across platforms, there is but that's not the reasons they don't make the games they used to.

You are right the Bioware of old is dead but not for the reasons you mentioned, it's not a good thing and only a complete Biodrone would say otherwise.

And yet, other respected RPG developers such as Obsidian and CD Projeckt Red have followed their lead, especially looking at the Mass Effect series.

#106 Posted by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

That's incredibly stupid.

After the Extended Cut, the ending is great. many players simply do not pay attention to the narrative or its themes. They wanted an ending where they bang their blue space babe, a power fantasy ending. But maybe the fanbase and gamers are really not smart enough for the type of ending Bioware gave, and really Bioware had a hard time with it, hence, a second try.

Its like The Sopranos ending, the smart people figure it out and the dumb people complain and ask for an ending change and whine how it ruined the series.

I dont know about the extended cut since I havent seen it,but the first ending was crap no matter how you try to spin it. There was no closure. You picked a color an explosion happened and then they land on a planet with a forest then credits. You can talk about themes and such till the cows come home but end of the day the ending explained jack. It was an adrupt ending.

And that's why there was the extended cut.

Even those who supported the ending knows the original ending was flawed. The ending was flawed not in its concept, but its execution. That's what people seem to not get and that is why they didn't change the ending.

@Krelian-co said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

After the Extended Cut, the ending is great. many players simply do not pay attention to the narrative or its themes. They wanted an ending where they bang their blue space babe, a power fantasy ending. But maybe the fanbase and gamers are really not smart enough for the type of ending Bioware gave, and really Bioware had a hard time with it, hence, a second try.

Its like The Sopranos ending, the smart people figure it out and the dumb people complain and ask for an ending change and whine how it ruined the series.

I dont know about the extended cut since I havent seen it,but the first ending was crap no matter how you try to spin it. There was no closure. You picked a color an explosion happened and then they land on a planet with a forest then credits. You can talk about themes and such till the cows come home but end of the day the ending explained jack. It was an adrupt ending.

Not to mention the starbrat that appears out of nowhere to give the crappiest explanations ever and give the player 3 colored choises, you know, cause shepard and stuff.

And that's why I do not take you seriously.

First, you did not even pay attention to Vendetta's dialogue on Thessia which foreshadows the ending. Second, the concepts behind the choices were touched upon, not only through ME3, but in ME1 as well.

That's why I think most Bioware bashers are complete idiots. They leave out key details that derail their criticism, in order to make a criticism. Its obvious.

#107 Edited by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

And that's why there was the extended cut.

Even those who supported the ending knows the original ending was flawed. The ending was flawed not in its concept, but its execution. That's what people seem to not get and that is why they didn't change the ending.

@Krelian-co said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Not to mention the starbrat that appears out of nowhere to give the crappiest explanations ever and give the player 3 colored choises, you know, cause shepard and stuff.

And that's why I do not take you seriously.

First, you did not even pay attention to Vendetta's dialogue on Thessia which foreshadows the ending. Second, the concepts behind the choices were touched upon, not only through ME3, but in ME1 as well.

That's why I think most Bioware bashers are complete idiots. They leave out key details that derail their criticism, in order to make a criticism. Its obvious.

i thought we were over this TGR, you are a joke in this forum and no one gives a flying fuk what a clown like you says. So keep crying.

#108 Edited by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

i thought we were over this TGR, you are a joke in this forum and no one gives a flying fuk what a clown like you says. So keep crying.

And this thread goes to show that you are a mindless Bioware basher without any intelligence. You are the same kind of drone you accuse me of....and Biohaters are even bigger drones than the supposed so called Biodrones.

#109 Posted by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

And this thread goes to show that you are a mindless Bioware basher without any intelligence. You are the same kind of drone you accuse me of....and Biohaters are even bigger drones than the supposed so called Biodrones.

If you say so, keep spamming the forums, you should be aware by now the kind of joke you are by the way people answer to you, a sad clown that everyone sees as a joke but he alone thinks he is "smart".

#110 Posted by sts106mat (19970 posts) -

Think i am going to give DA inquisition a miss and stick with LOTR shadow of mordor.

Whilst i am fine with gays and lesbians in the real world, i dont understand the need for the media to be shoving down it our throats all the time, be it for sensationalism or appeasement reasons.

#111 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

And yet, other respected RPG developers such as Obsidian and CD Projeckt Red have followed their lead, especially looking at the Mass Effect series.

Are you on drugs?

Obsidian really is just a hand me down studio that makes sequels to games the main developer can't be bothered with like Fallout NV. They follow who's ever lead their making the game for if anything they've taken more cues from Bethesda.

As for CD Projeckt Red, Bioware wishes they could make a game like CD Projeckt Red. Bioware should be following CD Projeckt Red lead but sadly they won't and the only thing CD Projeckt Red looks to Bioware for is to see what not to do which is a good thing.

#112 Posted by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Are you on drugs?

Obsidian really is just a hand me down studio that makes sequels to games the main developer can't be bothered with like Fallout NV. They follow who's ever lead their making the game for if anything they've taken more cues from Bethesda.

As for CD Projeckt Red, Bioware wishes they could make a game like CD Projeckt Red. Bioware should be following CD Projeckt Red lead but sadly they won't and the only thing CD Projeckt Red looks to Bioware for is to see what not to do which is a good thing.

And that is Bioware's for KOTOR 2 and NWN2, nevermind Alpha Protocol takes cues, many the wrong ones, from the first Mass Effect.

CD Projeckt looked to Bioware for their engine for TW1 and they looked to Bioware for their conversation system in TW2, nevermind save import of decisions from past games to the next one.

Face it, your hatred of Bioware has blinded you.

#113 Posted by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

If you say so, keep spamming the forums, you should be aware by now the kind of joke you are by the way people answer to you, a sad clown that everyone sees as a joke but he alone thinks he is "smart".

Rather be the lone "smart" one than join your cult of ignorance and idiocy.

#114 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Krelian-co

Now that I think about it, I don't Ive ever heard you make a single intelligent argument before.... You're very creative with your insults though.... I guess thats something.

#115 Posted by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

Now that I think about it, I don't Ive ever heard you make a single intelligent argument before.... You're very creative with your insults though.... I guess thats something.

thanks for showing the butthurt lulu, but the one here known for making stupid arguments is you, why don't you go back to arguing some stupid thing no one cares about, mr try hard-

#116 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Krelian-co

Looks like I hit nerve.... :) please tell me more about how "Butt Hurt" I am. It sounds very intriguing ! Does it have a happy ending ?

#117 Edited by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

in fact you are the lone village idiot in this case, but delusion is strong in you.

#118 Posted by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

in fact you are the lone village idiot in this case, but delusion is strong in you.

Nope I know the facts, you choose to ignore them to make unfounded criticisms, making you the idiot.

#119 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@texasgoldrush

I wouldn't call what he does critisms. Atleast a critism is informative and has boundries.

#120 Posted by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

Nope I know the facts, you choose to ignore them to make unfounded criticisms, making you the idiot.

Quite the imagination you have there, sadly fact remains that i am right and you are the village idiot :(

As for lulu don't you have something useless to argue about someplace else, waste of forum space?

#121 Posted by SecretPolice (22439 posts) -

Considering my hype for ME4 is right up there with Halo 5 I'm gonna have to say.. No way, I'll be looking forward to ME 6 & 7 as well. But I have no interest in the DA series so I dunno. :P

#122 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Krelian-co

Ooooooh PLOT TWIST ! Now I'm a waste of "Forum Space".... What happens next ? The suspense is killing me ! :D

#123 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

And that is Bioware's for KOTOR 2 and NWN2, nevermind Alpha Protocol takes cues, many the wrong ones, from the first Mass Effect.

CD Projeckt looked to Bioware for their engine for TW1 and they looked to Bioware for their conversation system in TW2, nevermind save import of decisions from past games to the next one.

KOTOR 2 and NWN2 were both garbage compared to the originals not to mention the Bioware that made KOTOR and NWN 1 is long dead. I don't hate Bioware I hate what they become which is a shadow of their former selves.

Your ignorant fanboyism has blinded you they used an engine from 2002 for mainly cost which ironically was also from a time when Bioware was still good you know 12 years ago. CD Projeckt Red is the new King and they don't need to look to 2nd rate hacks which is what Bioware has become. Bethesda and Obsidian are bigger rivals than Bioware ever will be again.

#124 Edited by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

Ooooooh PLOT TWIST ! Now I'm a waste of "Forum Space".... What happens next ? The suspense is killing me ! :D

For now we wait until another thread when the opportunity arises for you to show how butthurt you are. tbh i saw that plot twist coming from far away.

#125 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Krelian-co

Well that was Anti-Climatic. Reminds me of Lost.

Anyway, I made my point, you're a big fat whiner and you're not even a good at it.... :p

#126 Posted by Krelian-co (11633 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

Well that was Anti-Climatic. Reminds me of Lost.

Anyway, I made my point, you're a big fat whiner and you're not even a good at it.... :p

my mom says i'm not fat, i just have big bones, and i wasn't whining, i just have something in my eyes....

#127 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

I apologise....

#128 Posted by Heil68 (45691 posts) -

Built for consoles, best on consoles. Just give me ME4.

#129 Edited by texasgoldrush (9265 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

KOTOR 2 and NWN2 were both garbage compared to the originals not to mention the Bioware that made KOTOR and NWN 1 is long dead. I don't hate Bioware I hate what they become which is a shadow of their former selves.

Your ignorant fanboyism has blinded you they used an engine from 2002 for mainly cost which ironically was also from a time when Bioware was still good you know 12 years ago. CD Projeckt Red is the new King and they don't need to look to 2nd rate hacks which is what Bioware has become. Bethesda and Obsidian are bigger rivals than Bioware ever will be again.

KOTOR 2 has been restored by fans because Obsidian had the sense to dummy files in when LucasArts rushed the game out. When restored, its superior to KOTOR 1. NWN2 is far superior to NWN1 and Mask of the Betrayer is awesome story wise. NWN1 is actually one of Bioware's lesser games.

And how can CD Projeckt be king when they only made two games? Both Witcher games aren't truly great anyway. They have some significant flaws and The Witcher 2 also had an ending fix.

And really, you said Bioware made Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale in your OP which is downright false, so you really don't know much.

#130 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Tenth "Bioware didn't make PT or ID" post.

#131 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7519 posts) -

Lets face it to wish for a developer to go out of business just because you do not like their games or they do not make what you want is pretty immature. There are plenty of developers that makes games I do not want to play and you know what I do? I do not play them, I know a crazy idea. I do not wish for them to go out of business though.

#132 Posted by Gammit10 (2273 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

EA did right by Bioware and their games have actually been improving.

Hows that Nostalgia feelin ?

Except Dragon Age to Dragon Age 2, or Baldur's Gate to Dragon Age. Or KOTOR to Dragon Age. Or...

Mass Effect is the only thing that I think didn't go to hell.

#133 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Gammit10

My Experience with Dragon Age was Just as Tedious as is With the 1st Mass Effect.... But heres what I don't get, why do you prefer the game with the worse gameplay ?

#134 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

KOTOR 2 has been restored by fans because Obsidian had the sense to dummy files in when LucasArts rushed the game out. When restored, its superior to KOTOR 1. NWN2 is far superior to NWN1 and Mask of the Betrayer is awesome story wise. NWN1 is actually one of Bioware's lesser games.

And how can CD Projeckt be king when they only made two games? Both Witcher games aren't truly great anyway. They have some significant flaws and The Witcher 2 also had an ending fix.

And really, you said Bioware made Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale in your OP which is downright false, so you really don't know much.

You cannot count fan restores and NWN 2 was total crap it was next to broken when it first came out . The vast Majority of people here would disagree with you on the Witcher games being not that great, and they're better than anything Bioware has come out with in a really long time.

Yeah your right I forgot about Black Isle Studios obviously I gave "Bi"oware way too much credit to begin with as they weren't even the kings back than when they were kinda good.

#135 Posted by Gammit10 (2273 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gammit10

My Experience with Dragon Age was Just as Tedious as is With the 1st Mass Effect.... But heres what I don't get, why do you prefer the game with the worse gameplay ?

I don't

#136 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Gammit10

Mass Effect may have the best story and Role Playing Elements but its gameplay as barely above average. If thats the game you prefer then can I assume you don't really care about gameplay ?

#137 Posted by Gammit10 (2273 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gammit10

Mass Effect may have the best story and Role Playing Elements but its gameplay as barely above average. If thats the game you prefer then can I assume you don't really care about gameplay ?

No, you can't

#138 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (14501 posts) -

@Gammit10

No Fair ! :(