Biowares Last Game.....

  • 137 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) 4 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Biowares Last Game..... (54 votes)

If Dragon Age Inquisition Flops 4%
Regardless If Dragon Age Inquisition Flops 6%
Will go for a few more games then be shut down 11%
Will never be shut down 57%
Needs to be shut down but sadly won't be 22%

The Bioware that made Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and the Baldur's Gate games is long dead! Bioware is kinda like the Dexter series after the 4th season It just wants na I say needs to die, and it's only a matter of time before EA pulls the life support.

What's left of Bioware is some shadowy EA figure that's the same in name only and will be more or less a mercy killing, but only when EA thinks they've squeezed every last nickle. Like the Dexter series it's time to end it before more damage can be done and dragged even more through the mud if that's even possible at this point..............

#51 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

I sure fucking hope so

#52 Edited by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

And yet Patrick Weekes is an excellent writer.

#53 Posted by CTR360 (7084 posts) -

i pre-ordered dragon age inguisition ps4 version yesterday i cant wait

#54 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

And yet Patrick Weekes is an excellent writer.

There are no excellent writers in video games. If he worked on Mass Effect 3 then he's not even decent since everything about that game except the multiplayer was bad.

#55 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@Revan_911 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

And yet Patrick Weekes is an excellent writer.

There are no excellent writers in video games. If he worked on Mass Effect 3 then he's not even decent since everything about that game was bad.

Better than 99% of whats out there in gaming.

And most of ME3 was indeed well written.

#56 Posted by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Revan_911 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

And yet Patrick Weekes is an excellent writer.

There are no excellent writers in video games. If he worked on Mass Effect 3 then he's not even decent since everything about that game was bad.

Better than 99% of whats out there in gaming.

And most of ME3 was indeed well written.

I would rather have games with minimal / no storytelling than something as elaborate and embarassing as neo Bioware

#57 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13171 posts) -

@Revan_911

The Gameplay was Fantastic. :)

#58 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@Revan_911 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Revan_911 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

And yet Patrick Weekes is an excellent writer.

There are no excellent writers in video games. If he worked on Mass Effect 3 then he's not even decent since everything about that game was bad.

Better than 99% of whats out there in gaming.

And most of ME3 was indeed well written.

I would rather have games with minimal / no storytelling than something as elaborate and embarassing as neo Bioware

And yet that series and its characters are landmarks in the genre...good day.

#59 Posted by Spartan070 (16352 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

EA did right by Bioware and their games have actually been improving.

Sarcasm?

It's true.

#60 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

Did you make this thread just to show us that comic?

What you want a different one?

#61 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10570 posts) -

What I wouldn't give for a true sequel to Knights of the Old Republic....from Bioware or Obsidian. Anywho, I loved the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age: Inquisition looks cool (coming from someone who didn't enjoy the first)

#62 Edited by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

#63 Posted by genius2365 (383 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

What I wouldn't give for a true sequel to Knights of the Old Republic....from Bioware or Obsidian. Anywho, I loved the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age: Inquisition looks cool (coming from someone who didn't enjoy the first)

Same here. Kotor was my first true gaming love. Unfortuanately, Bioware sees TOR (the MMO) as KOTOR 3,4,5,6, etc...

I miss those times :(

#64 Edited by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

and moronic.....Bioware haters say the stupidest things, come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories, over exaggerate the company's flaws, and even be plain outright dishonest in their criticism of their games.

There is legit criticism of Bioware, but haters don't really provide any.

#65 Edited by Speak_Low (1094 posts) -

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Not so bad now, are they?

And Bioware will be revealing new Mass Effect 4 info at this week's Comic-Con (possibly new gameplay footage?)

Fairly sure those who hate EA/Bioware will be reading and watching anything that comes out of this event. Not so boring, awful and worthless now, are they?

#66 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Not so bad now, are they?

And Bioware will be revealing new Mass Effect 4 info at this week's Comic-Con (possibly new gameplay footage?)

Fairly sure those who hate EA/Bioware will be reading and watching anything that comes out of this event. Not so boring, awful and worthless now, are they?

However Bioware should not always listen to the fanbase, and not let the fanbase control how they make the game. Then it becomes no longer their vision but fan fiction.

They should take risks and write new types of stories, with choices and consequences that may not sit well with all fans. They need not be conservative and go in a shell. Dragon Age Inquisition is too much this.

#67 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

and moronic.....Bioware haters say the stupidest things, come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories, over exaggerate the company's flaws, and even be plain outright dishonest in their criticism of their games.

Oh....My....God...........

Coming from texasgoldrush Irony Overload in 3...............2..............

#68 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

#69 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

As far as I know, Bioware's games are still generally well received (Mass Effect 3 ending notwithstanding) both critically and commercially. You have to keep in mind that despite SW being a thing, most people who buy their games likely enjoy them, which is why they buy them.

#70 Posted by nAbaddon (16 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that DA: Inquisition is going to be the best BioWare game since Baldur's Gate II, and easily 2014 highest rated game.

#71 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

and moronic.....Bioware haters say the stupidest things, come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories, over exaggerate the company's flaws, and even be plain outright dishonest in their criticism of their games.

Oh....My....God...........

Coming from texasgoldrush Irony Overload in 3...............2..............

and you are one of the people I am talking about...ironic right?

#72 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@nabaddon said:

I'm pretty sure that DA: Inquisition is going to be the best BioWare game since Baldur's Gate II, and easily 2014 highest rated game.

I doubt that...it will be the best Dragon Age game easily, but that series isn't great in the first place, and its not the game changer the Mass Effect trilogy was.

#73 Posted by Spartan070 (16352 posts) -

Just because they haven't made anything lately on the celestial scale that is Planetscape Torment or Icewind Dale doesn't mean they have made games so abysmal that they "need to die" or be shut down. They have made consistently good games that have faired and been received very well. DA2 is the only game they've made in a decade that can even be debated on whether or not its a success.

#74 Edited by Speak_Low (1094 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

I called it Mass Effect 4 above, but the devs have actually said they don't even call it "ME4" at all within Bioware studios, and actually don't like people calling it that. So the next ME game is likely going to be a very loose, spiritual predecessor or successor to the ME trilogy.

With this new invigorating direction and franchise "reset", I think you'll be intrigued and checking out vids, news and playing ME4 the same time I'm playing it. Oh I know you will! Might as well make the EA Origin account now because you'll have to make one later anyways

texasgoldrush, you're right - a company shouldn't listen to everything a fanbase suggests. Hopefully they are wise enough to be very selective and spot only the best suggestions and ideas (and better understand the complaints of the past games). I just think that the devs opening up more these days and asking for input on DA3 and ME4 shows a real desire to improve the products and make up for mistakes. It shows they have more awareness than before, and that is at least one positive step towards improvement. Much better than complete isolation where you recreate the same problems every single time. Kind of reminds me of a well-known console maker. I forgot their name but they make some really stupid mistakes over and over because they're trapped in their arrogant bubble.

#75 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3781 posts) -

Ehh....

I have a lot of problems with the Mass Effect franchise, but all of the main games are good by any measure.

Bioware is'nt a technically proficient Obsidian, but they're still good. Sort of (personal taste and nitpicks).

#76 Edited by heretrix (37382 posts) -

"The Bioware that made Planescape Torment..."

Sadly that studio never existed.

#77 Posted by heretrix (37382 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

Oh.... just forget it.

#78 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26515 posts) -

Dragon age and mass effect are still big hits so I dont see them going anywhere. Besides some problems I had with DA2 reusing the same dungion for the whole game and ME3 ending I still like thier games and will be getting DA:I.

#79 Posted by pyro1245 (801 posts) -

Will never be shit down! hahahahaha! and who cares? They've already been violated by EA, they still make great to decent games. If they ever start to make shitty games I guess we won't play them, will we.

#80 Edited by Krelian-co (10997 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

and moronic.....Bioware haters say the stupidest things, come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories, over exaggerate the company's flaws, and even be plain outright dishonest in their criticism of their games.

There is legit criticism of Bioware, but haters don't really provide any.

#81 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

#82 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

#83 Edited by Krelian-co (10997 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Biodrones are a joke, they find the dumbest excuses as to why people disliked their games, oh yeah i feel so hipster not liking garbage like dragon age 2!

#84 Posted by silversix_ (14639 posts) -

Shielder7 r*ped the hype i had for this game. Thank you.

#85 Posted by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Critical rants hold no value to anyone outside the game business. I agree DA2 wasn't great. Still, they receive too much hate. The old games weren't that great, and the newer games aren't that terrible. Anyone who thinks that way is nothing more than an empty cup.

#86 Posted by krisroe_213 (875 posts) -

Let me know when Bioware make a good game again. I might consider it. Biodrones need not apply

#87 Posted by Krelian-co (10997 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Critical rants hold no value to anyone outside the game business. I agree DA2 wasn't great. Still, they receive too much hate. The old games weren't that great, and the newer games aren't that terrible. Anyone who thinks that way is nothing more than an empty cup.

oh no, you made a pree emptive insult so people don't disagree with your dumb opinion, what will we do?!!! lol biodrones.

#88 Edited by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Zen_Light said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Critical rants hold no value to anyone outside the game business. I agree DA2 wasn't great. Still, they receive too much hate. The old games weren't that great, and the newer games aren't that terrible. Anyone who thinks that way is nothing more than an empty cup.

oh no, you made a pree emptive insult so people don't disagree with your dumb opinion, what will we do?!!! lol biodrones.

ya try to get slick, ya bust a little chuckle, ya gonna get smacked with my gold finger knuckle

#89 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Wrong.

DA2 got mixed reception, which is pretty low for Bioware, SWToR has rebounded and is one of the more profitable MMOs right now, and ME3 was critically acclaimed and Bioware's best selling title (along with ME2).

So, stop making up facts.

#90 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Wrong.

DA2 got mixed reception, which is pretty low for Bioware, SWToR has rebounded and is one of the more profitable MMOs right now, and ME3 was critically acclaimed and Bioware's best selling title (along with ME2).

So, stop making up facts.

SWTOR getting high NA subs doesn't change what I said. It was and still is universally panned.

Stop bullshiting. I rarely do this but you are an example of a biodrone, i hate using that word but god damn you take the cake.

#91 Edited by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Zen_Light said:

This hipster Bioware hate is embarrassing...

ToR and DA2 were universally panned...Fanboy much?

ME3 is debatable though.

Wrong.

DA2 got mixed reception, which is pretty low for Bioware, SWToR has rebounded and is one of the more profitable MMOs right now, and ME3 was critically acclaimed and Bioware's best selling title (along with ME2).

So, stop making up facts.

SWTOR getting high NA subs doesn't change what I said. It was and still is universally panned.

Stop bullshiting. I rarely do this but you are an example of a biodrone, i hate using that word but god damn you take the cake.

No, I am an example of someone who gets it right. How can an MMO get almost 2 million players and be "Universally panned"? Your logic does not compute, nevermind, you fail to even see silent majorities who actually like the game. So, it doesn't change what you say, it just makes you factually wrong and ignorant.

If you want an example of a universally panned MMO, see FFXIV's initial launch. I would not even say that ESO is "universally panned", even with the problems they are having, which is worse than SWTOR.

This is the Biohater way, make up your own facts to bash Bioware. I am far from a Biodrone. I do not like some of their games.

#92 Posted by heretrix (37382 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

That's incredibly stupid.

#93 Posted by texasgoldrush (9224 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

That's incredibly stupid.

After the Extended Cut, the ending is great. many players simply do not pay attention to the narrative or its themes. They wanted an ending where they bang their blue space babe, a power fantasy ending. But maybe the fanbase and gamers are really not smart enough for the type of ending Bioware gave, and really Bioware had a hard time with it, hence, a second try.

Its like The Sopranos ending, the smart people figure it out and the dumb people complain and ask for an ending change and whine how it ruined the series.

#94 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14111 posts) -

Stanley Roo: the game.

#95 Posted by 001011000101101 (3980 posts) -

Bioware won't be shut down, simply because of their amazing legacy. Also, Mass Effect 3 was a great game and Inquisition is shaping up to be the ultimate Dragon Age game. Things would have to go really really wrong for Bioware to ever be shut down.

#96 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26515 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

That's incredibly stupid.

After the Extended Cut, the ending is great. many players simply do not pay attention to the narrative or its themes. They wanted an ending where they bang their blue space babe, a power fantasy ending. But maybe the fanbase and gamers are really not smart enough for the type of ending Bioware gave, and really Bioware had a hard time with it, hence, a second try.

Its like The Sopranos ending, the smart people figure it out and the dumb people complain and ask for an ending change and whine how it ruined the series.

I dont know about the extended cut since I havent seen it,but the first ending was crap no matter how you try to spin it. There was no closure. You picked a color an explosion happened and then they land on a planet with a forest then credits. You can talk about themes and such till the cows come home but end of the day the ending explained jack. It was an adrupt ending.

#97 Posted by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

Bioware isn't Black Isle.

#98 Posted by Krelian-co (10997 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@heretrix said:

@Shielder7 said:

@speak_low said:

Some have probably heard this already, but EA/Bioware is now asking gamers how to improve Mass Effect 4 (I believe it's a survey).

Mass Effect 3 ruined Mass Effect 4 for me, but I can just imagine this survey.

Bioware: So would would you like the green or yellow ending this time or the secret purple ending?

Dude you don't know shit about about ME4 how could it possibly be ruined?

The story was ruined and thus every future game will bear it's horrific taint, kinda like starwars or Spider-man 4 before it was rebooted and made just as bad.

That's incredibly stupid.

After the Extended Cut, the ending is great. many players simply do not pay attention to the narrative or its themes. They wanted an ending where they bang their blue space babe, a power fantasy ending. But maybe the fanbase and gamers are really not smart enough for the type of ending Bioware gave, and really Bioware had a hard time with it, hence, a second try.

Its like The Sopranos ending, the smart people figure it out and the dumb people complain and ask for an ending change and whine how it ruined the series.

I dont know about the extended cut since I havent seen it,but the first ending was crap no matter how you try to spin it. There was no closure. You picked a color an explosion happened and then they land on a planet with a forest then credits. You can talk about themes and such till the cows come home but end of the day the ending explained jack. It was an adrupt ending.

Not to mention the starbrat that appears out of nowhere to give the crappiest explanations ever and give the player 3 colored choises, you know, cause shepard and stuff.

#99 Posted by Senor_Kami (8411 posts) -

OP is tripping. KOTOR is a part of his Bio-Ware falling off stage. That's nonsense.

#100 Posted by princeofshapeir (14179 posts) -

The Bioware that makes cRPGs exclusive to PC is long-dead, because those games are targeted towards what has become a nice market. The industry has changed a lot since the days of Baldur's Gate, and Bioware has changed with it in order to survive. If you can't enjoy Mass Effect or Dragon Age there are plenty of other RPGs to play; just because you think they're shit doesn't mean Bioware is "dying."