BioWare says the universe wants you to play Mass Effect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -

:lol:

So, after BioWare heard that many people who purchased Black Ops 2 got Mass Effect 2 on disc 2, the devs decided to "answer the call".

The first fifty people who send BioWare a picture of themselves holding Black Ops 2's disc 2 will get a free PC code of Mass Effect Trilogy.

Source

#2 Posted by jg4xchamp (50347 posts) -
That's pretty cool.
#3 Posted by freedomfreak (43488 posts) -
That's pretty cool.
#4 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

How the f*ck do copies of a two year old EA title end up in the case of brand new Activision game? I mean, for real.

That said, it would have been so much better if they'd put Battlefield 3 in there instead.

#5 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -
That's pretty cool. jg4xchamp
That's pretty cool.freedomfreak
:o
#6 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

That's pretty cool.

#7 Posted by TheIslandToldMe (22 posts) -
That;s pretty cool.
#8 Posted by Srbanator (790 posts) -
What does Activision have to do with BioWare/EA? Do they send their games to get burned at the same factory or something?
#9 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -
Probably a distribution mix up. I doubt its Activision fault. Look on the bright side . . . . Free Half Mass Effect 2 !
#10 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10844 posts) -
That is pretty cool
#11 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

What does Activision have to do with BioWare/EA? Do they send their games to get burned at the same factory or something?Srbanator

They're apart of the same organization ;)

illuminati.jpg

#12 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

This is actually pretty cool of Bioware though in all seriousness.

#13 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

Kandlegoat
Meh. It would be cooler if they did it for everyone who had that happen to them, not just the first 50 people.
#14 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

DarkLink77

Meh. It would be cooler if they did it for everyone who had that happen to them, not just the first 50 people.

Yeah,but I highly doubt EA would let Bioware give out 1000 copies of a game.besides, i'm sure those other people got refunds.(I would hope)

Dont get me wrong,I still find it to be a show of incompetence for two huge AAA companies to inconvenience a sh*tload of people like this....there's really no excuse.

#15 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

massops2.jpg

#16 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

^ That made me chuckle.

#17 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
Nice statement but at the same time small gestures like this are great in terms of rep and the websites that will most likely post about this brings a lot of attention. Well done Bioware.
#18 Posted by coasterguy65 (6270 posts) -

Maybe the Chinese words for Black Ops is similar to Mass Effect. Sounds like someone selected the wrong image to burn to the discs in that production run.

It would be funny if it was the same person who selected the demo label for the Xbox version of Lego Lord of the Rings.

#19 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

DarkLink77

You couldnt prove if they were taking pics with someone else's copy. Better to limit it over allowing it to be massively taken advantage of.
#20 Posted by Heil68 (47172 posts) -
How awesome of them to do that.
#21 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

How the f*ck do copies of a two year old EA title end up in the case of brand new Activision game? I mean, for real.

That said, it would have been so much better if they'd put Battlefield 3 in there instead.

DarkLink77
Repressing for the trilogy release at the same facility?
#22 Posted by lawlessx (47176 posts) -

Now that's pretty nice of them

#23 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It's the perfect game for the BLOPS audience.
#24 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Pretty cool, that is.

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (61572 posts) -
That's awesome