Bioware has been very good to its fans.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]1. N7 Rating is not just key to how long your playing. 2.Get this in you head...Every time you say there only have 4 enemies shows how little you played the game...Why? Because there are not just 4 enemies per faction. Until you understand this , don't say there is not any meta game for it. 3.How in dear lord is facing 4 banshees at once not random? Added it not even just 4 banshees at all. 4.Your only saying it clunky because you don't like cover shooters. 5.You just played 10 games...On bronze....And I bet you just played the solder class and only in the bata.....No wonder you don't know anything about the mp. You don't get it. You barley played the mp to understand it's depth.Vaasman

1. No it really pretty much is. If it's still based on each class you've leveled and promoted, that is. It tells you nothing about the skill or personal stats of the players so you can't assume anything about the top players other than they are sad for having 19000 N7 rating.

2. If you really think I meant 4 types per faction and not 4 enemy factions then just slap yourself, you need some coffee. And if you think googling the best combos for a faction or difficulty is anything but the absolute lowest form of metagaming, that is your problem.

3. Don't know how many times I have to say it. Hard =/= random. If it's something that's bound to happen because of the difficulty setting, then you can't really call it random. Your partners all die, you are the only one left, every enemy chases you. Whether you live or die, it's not random. Everyone who hits gold or platinum will have that or a similar experience at some point. You don't even need to get to platinum, just play reapers on gold, you're sure to get tons of banshees and dead teammates. This isn't like BF3 or something, where players post videos of jumping out of helicoptors to shoot down a jet then have their friend in the chopper pick them up. Or players attach c4 to buggies and suicide bomb tanks. Or flying a chopper into a hole in a building to use the machine guns on the players inside. You creativity is hindered by the structure of the gametype being, in-game, very limiting.

4. No actually I loved all 3 Gears of War games, even the first being so dated at this point, and even the second where they tried so hard to **** up the multiplayer. The funny thing is that half a year before ME3 came out, Gears 3 had a much stronger horde mode with better, more visceral combat, better, more open maps, and the ability to build positions and make progression within the game itself. I wouldn't say that had any staying power either, but it least it was hitting the right notes in it's core gameplay, something that ME has never achieved and has never been about anyway. Not to mention that the Gears 3 multiplayer is a complete package. On top of the horde mode it has 4 player campaign co-op and a full set of multiplayer modes, and an actual functional set of leaderboards and player stats. No matter how hard it wants to be, ME3 combat is no Gears. It has some questionable idiosyncrasies in it's movement and combat that make it stilted by comparison.

5. I played engineer thank you very much. I wouldn't have any different opinion had I played an adept or an infiltrator or any assortment of fancy alien classes. I understand more than enough from that time with the game. It's a shallow experience with limited features, the appeal of which comes from the ability to play multiple classes and races with some RPG elements. It's kind of fun, it's functional, and it's gimmick is in place, but assuming it has any real depth or that any sane human being would play for hundreds of hours, when there are a great multitude of better multiplayer games, is ridiculous.

1.Again, there really score borad in themp that is not tied to the n7 rating.

2. Yourstill saying all the enemy typs are basicly the same..Which is not true. You only played the demo, which just have cerberus...You have no idea how different the other factions are to cerberus.

3.You can say "If it's something that's bound to happen because of the difficulty setting, then you can't really call it random." with any mp game.

The fact remaind that you as aplayer dispite knowing the tactics of the eneimy you face can control them. The fact you can't hold a line to a banshees and have to run, but it can case to run into the shot of bombing raveagers does make it random.

4. Gears of war just have you play characters that played the same way. The only difference is the guns you have. How can you say ME3 mp, have you player different character with different ways to play and different factions has no metagame,and gears does but have you play characters like everyone else agenst the same faction?

5. Yes, you would have a difference of opinion...You would have todo different things then an engineer would to kill for one. Each class has a different play style and the race differ in play style as well.

#202 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

1.Again, there really score borad in themp that is not tied to the n7 rating.

2. Yourstill saying all the enemy typs are basicly the same..Which is not true. You only played the demo, which just have cerberus...You have no idea how different the other factions are to cerberus.

3.You can say "If it's something that's bound to happen because of the difficulty setting, then you can't really call it random." with any mp game.

The fact remaind that you as aplayer dispite knowing the tactics of the eneimy you face can control them. The fact you can't hold a line to a banshees and have to run, but it can case to run into the shot of bombing raveagers does make it random.

4. Gears of war just have you play characters that played the same way. The only difference is the guns you have. How can you say ME3 mp, have you player different character with different ways to play and different factions has no metagame,and gears does but have you play characters like everyone else agenst the same faction?

5. Yes, you would have a difference of opinion...You would have todo different things then an engineer would to kill for one. Each class has a different play style and the race differ in play style as well.

dreman999

The "Check Spelling" button is your friend. Although at this point, I think they need to add a "Check Grammar" button into the mix. I have edited my own post several times, and I still have no idea what you were saying in some of these points.

1. Where?

2. You are misinterpreting what I said, probably intentionally. I am well aware that geth =/= reapers. The point is that for each faction and each difficulty there can only ever be one objectively "best" combo. This does not lend itself to a metagame structure because variety and experimentation will always yield inferior results.

3. Hard is not random, get it through your head. Being chased, dying, and getting overwhelmed are all basic parts of harder difficulties. You cannot say something that happens all the time is random. I'm talking about real oddball plays, something that takes incredible creativity, a lot of freedom allowed in the game's design, and a great deal of skill or luck. Maybe even just actions that are strange or unexpected. If you google Battlefield, Halo, or hell even Call of Duty, there are hundreds of videos of players making plays you would never see coming in a million years. I thought I had seen everything in Starcraft 2, but then I started watching lower level games, and the moves people come up with are often unique and hilarious, whether they work or not. When was the last time playing ME3 multiplayer that you were genuinely shocked or laughed at someone doing something you could never have seen coming?

4. Gear's MP has much more to it than just horde mode, and it's horde mode is going for a different style that makes it equal to and in some ways better than the horde mode of ME3. Where ME3 has progression outside of each round, Gears 3 has progression inside, where players are able to buy turrets and defenses and maintain and upgrade them. There are boss rounds where you fight an especially powerful enemy, there are carefully measured stats, and on top of all that, the core combat of the game is much better.

5. Different classes and races doesn't change the very standard structure of the mode, nor does it change the awkward movement or levels, or add any modes into the design.

#203 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]1.Again, there really score borad in themp that is not tied to the n7 rating.

Vaasman

The "Check Spelling" button is your friend. Although at this point, I think they need to add a "Check Grammar" button into the mix. I have edited my own post several times, and I still have no idea what you were saying in some of these points.

1. Where?

2. You are misinterpreting what I said, probably intentionally. I am well aware that geth =/= reapers. The point is that for each faction and each difficulty there can only ever be one objectively "best" combo. This does not lend itself to a metagame structure because variety and experimentation will always yield inferior results.

3. Hard is not random, get it through your head. Being chased, dying, and getting overwhelmed are all basic parts of harder difficulties. You cannot say something that happens all the time is random. I'm talking about real oddball plays, something that takes incredible creativity, a lot of freedom allowed in the game's design, and a great deal of skill or luck. Maybe even just actions that are strange or unexpected. If you google Battlefield, Halo, or hell even Call of Duty, there are hundreds of videos of players making plays you would never see coming in a million years. I thought I had seen everything in Starcraft 2, but then I started watching lower level games, and the moves people come up with are often unique and hilarious, whether they work or not. When was the last time playing ME3 multiplayer that you were genuinely shocked or laughed at someone doing something you could never have seen coming?

4. Gear's MP has much more to it than just horde mode, and it's horde mode is going for a different style that makes it equal to and in some ways better than the horde mode of ME3. Where ME3 has progression outside of each round, Gears 3 has progression inside, where players are able to buy turrets and defenses and maintain and upgrade them. There are boss rounds where you fight an especially powerful enemy, there are carefully measured stats, and on top of all that, the core combat of the game is much better.

5. Different classes and races doesn't change the very standard structure of the mode, nor does it change the awkward movement or levels, or add any modes into the design.

1.My god....It right there. Look.

2.That really can be said for any mp. Heck, mmos have a best combo. The thing with mp it's an issue of how long you can last. Gears has a best combo of rolling in and using the shot gun. Halo has a best combo of using effective head shots with gun or using the a charged convent pistion and finishing off the target off with another weapon.

Saying it about having the best combo is not a con to me3 mp because all mp are like that. And even then there is skill and tactic need to get through any way. If you played any game over bronze , you would know that.

3.You only played it on bronze. You have no idea what you face in the mp.

4.The only other thing gears has in is vp mp. It's co-op is just basicly shoting things. ME3 co-op is not just that being that you have objective you have to do per round to pass.

5.Yes it do. That at an the difficulty and faction changes thing. You never faced any over bronze nor any thing but cerberus. Things dramticly change based on these conditions. An engineer is no going to have the same difficulties or experiances of an adept, soldier or vanguad. And is Changes base on race and load out. A turian soldier, korgan soldier or Human solder is not going to play the same or do the same tactic. I would love to see if you can play a human soldier likw a krogan one....Or even a human engineer like a Quarian engineer.

#204 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

1.My god....It right there. Look.

2.That really can be said for any mp. Heck, mmos have a best combo. The thing with mp it's an issue of how long you can last. Gears has a best combo of rolling in and using the shot gun. Halo has a best combo of using effective head shots with gun or using the a charged convent pistion and finishing off the target off with another weapon.

Saying it about having the best combo is not a con to me3 mp because all mp are like that. And even then there is skill and tactic need to get through any way. If you played any game over bronze , you would know that.

4.The only other thing gears has in is vp mp. It's co-op is just basicly shoting things. ME3 co-op is not just that being that you have objective you have to do per round to pass.

5.Yes it do. That at an the difficulty and faction changes thing. You never faced any over bronze nor any thing but cerberus. Things dramticly change based on these conditions. An engineer is no going to have the same difficulties or experiances of an adept, soldier or vanguad. And is Changes base on race and load out. A turian soldier, korgan soldier or Human solder is not going to play the same or do the same tactic. I would love to see if you can play a human soldier likw a krogan one....Or even a human engineer like a Quarian engineer.

dreman999

I'm going to recommend some books, and when you get done with them, maybe we can continue this conversation. Every single point you are making is barely legible.

#205 Posted by texasgoldrush (9486 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]1.Again, there really score borad in themp that is not tied to the n7 rating.

Vaasman

1. Where?

1. And they now have score to unlock banners. 2. And Platinum bring ALL OF THEM in. Four quarian female infiltrators may start well against the geth, but once they bring the Reapers and Collectors in, they'll have trouble. Platinum is very unpredictable. 3. Once again, play on Platinum and play on a Hazard map. And there are many oddball plays such as weapon setups. 4. And yet ME3 horde mode has more variety than Gears. There is greater weapon variety and each character plays far differently. Hell, Volus can't even take cover. There are also random mission objectives as well. The hsooting is better in Gears, but Gears doesn't have RPG powers and class variety either. 5. Different classes and races significantly change how you play the mode.
#206 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

[QUOTE="icyseanfitz"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] We have not payed for one mp product yet with ME3. How many other games have that other than TF2 and L4d.dreman999

since when does someone play a bioware game for the mp ffs

Bulders gate 1,2 and neverwinternights don't exist?

and my point still stands, who played those games for mp?

#207 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

1.My god....It'S right there. Look.

4.The only other thing gears has in is vS mp. It's co-op is just basicly shoting things. ME3 co-op is not just that being that you have objective you have to do per round to pass.

5.Yes it does. The difficulty and faction changes thing. You never faced any over bronze nor any thing but cerberus. Things dramticly change based on these conditions. An engineer is no going to have the same difficulties or experiances of an adept, soldier or vanguad. And is Changes base on race and load out. A turian soldier, korgan soldier or Human solder is not going to play the same or do the same tactic. I would love to see if you can play a human soldier likw a krogan one....Or even a human engineer like a Quarian engineer.

Vaasman

I'm going to recommend some books, and when you get done with them, maybe we can continue this conversation. Every single point you are making is barely legible.

AKA, You don't have anything to say because it's clear you're wrong. When you start using insults, the usually means you have no more points left.

#208 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="icyseanfitz"]

since when does someone play a bioware game for the mp ffs

icyseanfitz

Bulders gate 1,2 and neverwinternights don't exist?

and my point still stands, who played those games for mp?

It not like ME3 does not have a great sp. The MP is a plus. Support is still support. Clearly alot of people play the mp....Also, NWN is purely a mp game
#209 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

1.My god....It'S right there. Look.

4.The only other thing gears has in is vS mp. It's co-op is just basicly shoting things. ME3 co-op is not just that being that you have objective you have to do per round to pass.

5.Yes it does. The difficulty and faction changes thing. You never faced any over bronze nor any thing but cerberus. Things dramticly change based on these conditions. An engineer is no going to have the same difficulties or experiances of an adept, soldier or vanguad. And is Changes base on race and load out. A turian soldier, korgan soldier or Human solder is not going to play the same or do the same tactic. I would love to see if you can play a human soldier likw a krogan one....Or even a human engineer like a Quarian engineer.

dreman999

AKA, You don't have anything to say because it's clear you're wrong. When you start using insults, the usually means you have no more points left.

Who's insulting? I was making a suggestion. Have you seen your posts? It's like debating a child, or non-native English speaker. I'm actually feeling embarrassed for you.

I could keep the debate up until time stops, but I'm not going to when you can't form a readable point.

Would you really want me to keep debating you at this point? Posting ad infinitum about how desperately you want the ME3 multiplayer to be more than it is?

#210 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]I'm going to recommend some books, and when you get done with them, maybe we can continue this conversation. Every single point you are making is barely legible.

Vaasman

Who's insulting? I was making a suggestion. Have you seen your posts?

I could keep the debate up until time stops but I'm not going to when you can't form a readable point.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote since some how you can't understand my point.

Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complaint for a mp because every mp is like that. Every mp is like that. Go into any mmo and you'll have players using the best tactics, powers, and classes for the situation on hand. Same as any mp shooter. A group hold the best location with the best weapon spawns and point of fire. It all doing the best combo. And the very thing you missing is the mp for ME3 is not just about killing things. Everyone of the rounds have a differnt goal to do from finishing off an enemy, collecting items, holding a location, to delivering items. The fact it can change rapidly from the start to finish mean it can be very random. The difficulty changes every thing because the tactics done on broze do not work on the higher difficulties. And factions change every thing as well. While it's easier to hold a position to beat a round when facing cerberus....Doing so with the reapers is an entirely different when they specialize in braking formation and close range tactic.

Added how classes play are different and how different races play are different. A krogan soldier does not play like a human one...Krogan soldiers are strong close range fighters. And on top of that on higher difficulties it much harder to be a close range fighter.

A human adept is not like an asari adept.

A human engineer is not the same as a qurian engineer.

But as you said, you just played the demo.....And only 10 games. You did not play more that one class or race. You only faced Cerberus which is the easiest faction And it was on the lowest setting. So is it far to grade a game when your played it on the lowest setting and played for a very small time? My point is, you have not played much of the mp nor seen what it's capable of. It goes much deeper then want other shooter mp have being it's a rpg shooter hybrid. And you barely seen much of it. You're very ignorant with how this game is like and it shows.

#211 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complete the mp because every mp is like that.dreman999
Now see look at that. How can you post this and not feel bad? Every English teacher just died a little inside as a result of this post.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote since some how you can't understand my point. Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complete the mp because every mp is like that. Every mp is like that. Go into any mmo and you'll have players using the best tactics, powers, and classes for the situation on hand. Same as any mp shooter. A group hold the best location with the best weapon spawns and point of fire. It all doing the best combo. And the very thing you missingis the mp for ME3 is not just about killing thing. Every one have a differnt goal to do from finishing off an enemy, collecting items, holding a location, to delivering items. The fact it can change rapidly from the start to finish mean it can be very random. The difficult changes every thing because the tactics done on broze do not work on the higher difficulties. And factions change every thing as well. While it's easier to hold a position to to beat a round when facing cerberus....Doing so with the reapers is an entirely different when they specialize in braking formation and close range tactic. Add how classes play are different and how different races play are different. A krogan soldier does not play like a human one...Krogan soldiers are strong close range fighters. And on top of that on higher difficulties it much harder to be a close range fighter. A human adept is not like an asari adept. A human engineer is not the same as a qurian engineer. But as you said, you just played the demo.....And only 10 games. You did not play more that one class or race. You only faced Cerberus which is the easiest faction And it was on the lowest setting. So is it far to grade a game, when your playing it on the lowest setting and played for a very small time, you see very little of? My point is, you have not played much of the mp nor see what it's capable of. It goes much deeper then want other shooter mp have being it's a rpg shooter hybrid. And you barely seen much of it. You're very ignorant with how this game is like and it shows.dreman999
You actually weren't reading what I said. Which is not surprising. I said I played 10 matches in the demo and 10 in the live game. I played every enemy faction available at launch, most of the maps, and several classes, engineer being the only one I used in the live game, but having tried adept and infiltrator and soldier for at least a few games each.

I would say I played more than enough to develop my opinions on the multiplayer, which is that it's a standard, run-of-the-mill gimmick multiplayer, on the level of Assassin's Creed multiplayer, or a slight bit above The Darkness multiplayer. It's major faults include awkward gameplay mechanics, bad maps, lack of modes beyond horde, no in-game progression, and lack of proper out-of-game score keeping. Also I'm editing this one in, but the fact that you had to unlock everything but humans was lousy. The multiplayer's major selling point was locked away from the player until they play a ton of games or get supremely lucky.

The notion that anyone reasonable would play for hundreds of hours is absurd. There are much better multiplayer packages available, including Gears of War 3, whose focus is less on a well developed gimmick and more on tight combat, great weapons, and offering a full suite. RPG elements or no, it simply provides a better experience. But even that is just one game with similar gameplay that is better. Just off of the top of my head, Halo Reach, Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2, all offer much, much better multiplayer. That list would be larger if I could be bothered to think about it right now.

#212 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complete the mp because every mp is like that.Vaasman

Now see look at that. How can you post this and not feel bad? Every English teacher just died a little inside as a result of this post.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote since some how you can't understand my point. Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complete the mp because every mp is like that. Every mp is like that. Go into any mmo and you'll have players using the best tactics, powers, and classes for the situation on hand. Same as any mp shooter. A group hold the best location with the best weapon spawns and point of fire. It all doing the best combo. And the very thing you missingis the mp for ME3 is not just about killing thing. Every one have a differnt goal to do from finishing off an enemy, collecting items, holding a location, to delivering items. The fact it can change rapidly from the start to finish mean it can be very random. The difficult changes every thing because the tactics done on broze do not work on the higher difficulties. And factions change every thing as well. While it's easier to hold a position to to beat a round when facing cerberus....Doing so with the reapers is an entirely different when they specialize in braking formation and close range tactic. Add how classes play are different and how different races play are different. A krogan soldier does not play like a human one...Krogan soldiers are strong close range fighters. And on top of that on higher difficulties it much harder to be a close range fighter. A human adept is not like an asari adept. A human engineer is not the same as a qurian engineer. But as you said, you just played the demo.....And only 10 games. You did not play more that one class or race. You only faced Cerberus which is the easiest faction And it was on the lowest setting. So is it far to grade a game, when your playing it on the lowest setting and played for a very small time, you see very little of? My point is, you have not played much of the mp nor see what it's capable of. It goes much deeper then want other shooter mp have being it's a rpg shooter hybrid. And you barely seen much of it. You're very ignorant with how this game is like and it shows.dreman999
You actually weren't reading what I said. Which is not surprising. I said I played 10 matches in the demo and 10 in the live game. I played every enemy faction available at launch, most of the maps, and several classes, engineer being the only one I used in the live game, but having tried adept and infiltrator and soldier for at least a few games each.

I would say I played more than enough to develop my opinions on the multiplayer, which is that it's a standard, run-of-the-mill gimmick multiplayer, on the level of Assassin's Creed multiplayer, or a slight bit above The Darkness multiplayer. It's major faults include awkward gameplay mechanics, bad maps, lack of modes beyond horde, no in-game progression, and lack of proper out-of-game score keeping. The notion that anyone reasonable would play for hundreds of hours is absurd. There are much better multiplayer packages available, including Gears of War 3, whose focus is less on a well developed gimmick and more on tight combat, great weapons, and offering a full suite. RPG elements or no, it simply provides a better experience. But even that is just one game with similar gameplay that is better. Just off of the top of my head, Halo Reach, Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2, all offer much, much better multiplayer. That list would be larger if I could be bothered to think about it right now.

bs , mr."Just 4 enemy types".

If you played the mp much...Please enlighten me on the differance of the factions and what other races you played. If fact have you even played any thing above bronze?

#213 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

bs , mr."Just 4 enemy type".

If you played the mp much...Please enlighten me on the differance of the factions and what other races you played.

dreman999

Well it has been several months but I'll take a crack at it. For my own amusement more than anything. I promise not to cheat and just use the wiki page, but having not played in months, I won't remember any of the names.

Cerberus- standard grunts with weapons, they sometimes throw grenades, some dudes with shields, sniper chicks, the really fast chicks with swords, the giant mechs, engineer guys who dropped the turrets. That's all I remember.

Reapers- husks, banshees, the rachni things, the turian husks, brutes, the chubby husks with guns.

Geth- Plain geth, stealth geth, rocket geth, flame geth, geth prime. One Geth Two Geth Red Geth Blue Geth. :P

I played engineer in the full game, and in the demo I played adept, soldier, and unlocked a quarian infiltrator. Sampled them all. None of them gave me the strange euphoria that you seemed to have gained from playing.

I have already clarified at least once that I meant four enemy factions (one of which was only recently added in), but of course what fun would this discussion be if you actually read what I was posting?

#214 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

If you played the mp much...Please enlighten me on the differance of the factions and what other races you played.

Vaasman

Well it has been several months but I'll take a crack at it. For my own amusement more than anything. I promise not to cheat and just use the wiki page, but having not played in months, I won't remember any of the names.

Cerberus- standard grunts with weapons, they sometimes throw grenades, some dudes with shields, sniper chicks, the really fast chicks with swords, the giant mechs, engineer guys who dropped the turrets. That's all I remember.

Reapers- husks, banshees, the rachni things, the turian husks, brutes, the chubby husks with guns.

Geth- Plain geth, stealth geth, rocket geth, flame geth, geth prime. One Geth Two Geth Red Geth Blue Geth. :P

I played engineer in the full game, and in the demo I played adept, soldier, and unlocked a quarian infiltrator. Sampled them all. None of them gave me the strange euphoria that you seemed to have gained from playing.

I have already clarified at least once that I meant four enemy factions (one of which was only recently added in), but of course what fun would this discussion be if you actually read what I was posting?

You know I can go back and quote where you said "4 enemy types.... But you also missed my point...I'm talking about faction tactics. You just stated the type of enemies we faced...Which you can quickly look up. You also never stated if you played over bronze.....Which I asked. Playing a game in a setting higher then it's easiest setting is a better way of grading how good it is. But I could just ask for your origin name and look up your deals my self...We can d that now with the me3 mp on bsn.

#215 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

What's this?

I don't even- :|

Bioware related threads should be outlawed from SW!

#216 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

dreman999

You know I can go back and quote where you said "4 enemy types.... But you also missed my point...I'm talking about faction tactics. You just stated the type of enemies we faced...Which you can quickly look up. You also never stated if you played over bronze.....Which I asked. Playing a game in a setting higher then it's easiest setting is a better way of grading how good it is. But I could just ask for your origin name and look up your deals my self...We can d that now with the me3 mp on bsn.

Ok well now I know you're not reading my posts, my origins name is in my goddamn sig. Has been for almost a year now. I also promised you I wouldn't cheat and I'm crushed that you would indirectly accuse me of googling it. I mean come on, it wasn't that hard, I could have given my amazingly detailed list of the types of enemies even if I had only played the single player. Save the newely added collectors, it's all the same types of enemies.

You can look at it if you want, it doesn't say much I haven't told you. I've actually only played 6 games in the full game, I looked it up just now. Apparently I leveled a soldier a bit in the full game, don't remember that. Unlocked a turian soldier too. Didn't play that at all. Didn't unlock the map achievement but I did do most of the maps.

Look here's the link go bananas.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/characters/?name=deathwraith1234&platform=pc

Interesting how it doesn't have any numerical stats or score beyond challenge points and N7 rating, isn't it? Now we will never know if I actually fought the geth or not (I did).

Oh and I did play silver once, we all died because no one in my party was leveled. But I really don't see how the game gets "better" just because it's dumping more of the tougher enemies on you and dealing more damage.

#217 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Well it has been several months but I'll take a crack at it. For my own amusement more than anything. I promise not to cheat and just use the wiki page, but having not played in months, I won't remember any of the names.

Vaasman

Ok well now I know you're not reading my posts, my origins name is in my goddamn sig. Has been for almost a year now. I also promised you I wouldn't cheat and I'm crushed that you would indirectly accuse me of googling it. I mean come on, it wasn't that hard, I could have given my amazingly detailed list of the types of enemies even if I had only played the single player. Save the newely added collectors, it's all the same types of enemies.

You can look at it if you want, it doesn't say much I haven't told you. I've actually only played 6 games in the full game, I looked it up just now. Apparently I leveled a soldier a bit in the full game, don't remember that. Unlocked a turian soldier too. Didn't play that at all. Didn't unlock the map achievement but I did do most of the maps.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/characters/?name=deathwraith1234&platform=pc

Interesting how it doesn't have any numerical stats or score beyond challenge points and N7 rating, isn't it? Now we will never know if I actually fought the geth or not (I did).

Oh and I did play silver once, we all died because no one in my party was leveled. But I really don't see how the game gets "better" just because it's dumping more of the tougher enemies on you and dealing more damage.

1.If you want to see your rating click leader board. It not just an n7 rating.There 6 tabs near the top...It right next to "characters"

2.You profile also say you only played an hour of the mp..... To be exact 1:35 min . An Aveage 10 round match is 30 min. It say you only played 6 matches. that pretty much means you did not exstracted much.

3.You only have a level 1adept,a level 1 infiltrator,level 2 sentinal, a level 4 soldier, and a level 14 engineer.

All human but one turian..

Thank you for showing you have really played much of the mp.

EDIt:I took a better look now....the level 1's arn't even leveled. You did not even played them.

4.If you played silver once and died...That pretty much say that theirs more to the game then just using the right combo. If they killed you off, it mean it was random enough to take you out.

#218 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] You know I can go back and quote where you said "4 enemy types.... But you also missed my point...I'm talking about faction tactics. You just stated the type of enemies we faced...Which you can quickly look up. You also never stated if you played over bronze.....Which I asked. Playing a game in a setting higher then it's easiest setting is a better way of grading how good it is. But I could just ask for your origin name and look up your deals my self...We can d that now with the me3 mp on bsn.

dreman999

1.If you want to see your rating click leader board. It not just an n7 rating.There 6 tabs near the top...It right next to "characters"

2.You profile also say you only played an hour of the mp..... To be exact 1:35 min . An Aveage 10 round match is 30 min. It say you only played 6 matches. that pretty much means you did not exstracted much.

3.You only have a level 1adept,a level 1 infiltrator,level 2 sentinal, a level 4 soldier, and a level 14 engineer.

4.If you played silver once and died...That pretty much say that theirs more to the game then just using the right combo. If they killed you off, it mean it was random enough to take you out.

You really aren't pointing out anything I haven't already told you, please read my posts.

It doesn't track times, individual scores, high scores, or maps played, or successful extractions, or difficulties played at. There is only horde mode, not tracking those kinds of things is ridiculous.

And to point 4, I already told you I was underleveled, so how you could come up with all that BS is beyond me.

#219 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Ok well now I know you're not reading my posts, my origins name is in my goddamn sig. Has been for almost a year now. I also promised you I wouldn't cheat and I'm crushed that you would indirectly accuse me of googling it. I mean come on, it wasn't that hard, I could have given my amazingly detailed list of the types of enemies even if I had only played the single player. Save the newely added collectors, it's all the same types of enemies.

Vaasman

You really aren't pointing out anything I haven't already told you, please read my posts.

And to point 4, I already told you I was underleveled, so how you could come up with all that BS is beyond me.

You...I don't know, play a match with other leveled players....And your a level 14 engineer...That level can handle silver. The lowest you can play a silver match with out being under powered is level 10. You haven't played much of the mp and it shows.
#220 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]1.If you want to see your rating click leader board. It not just an n7 rating.There 6 tabs near the top...It right next to "characters"

dreman999

You...I don't know, play a match with other leveled players....And your a level 14 engineer...That level can handle silver. The lowest you can play a silver match with out being under powered is level 10. You haven't played much of the mp and it shows.

Did I say I was level 14 when I played it? If I recall correctly I was carried through my first game, went "yep time for silver," and got creamed. It really doesn't matter. I've played more than enough, between the demo and full game, to know how forgettable the entire experience is. I highly, highly doubt that playing gold or platinum is what makes the dissenters suddenly see the light.

#221 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]You really aren't pointing out anything I haven't already told you, please read my posts.

Vaasman

Did I say I was level 14 when I played it? If I recall correctly I was carried through my first game, went "yep time for silver," and got creamed. It really doesn't matter. I've played more than enough, between the demo and full game, to know how forgettable the entire experience is. I highly, highly doubt that playing gold or platinum is what makes the dissenters suddenly see the light.

You only played bronze. Playing it for about an hour at the lowest setting is not getting in depth with the mp. You hardly seen any of it to judge it.
#222 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] You...I don't know, play a match with other leveled players....And your a level 14 engineer...That level can handle silver. The lowest you can play a silver match with out being under powered is level 10. You haven't played much of the mp and it shows.dreman999

You only played bronze. Playing it for about an hour at the lowest setting is not getting in depth with the mp. You hardly seen any of it to judge it.

I've seen everything that was worth seeing.

#223 Posted by sSubZerOo (44177 posts) -
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Neverwinter Nights had good multiplayer. But sincs consoles took the spotlight that went away.

Curse those handsome devils.

All jokes aside, dragon age was a massive step backwards, except graphics.

Dragon Age pissed me off for one main reason.. The bastardized combat system.. You can't have it both ways.. EITHER GO TURN BASED or go completely real time.. Not this stupid bastardized version of the two. Would have been amazing if they made a similar combat system to that of the new Xcom game...
#224 Posted by texasgoldrush (9486 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]AKA, You don't have anything to say because it's clear you're wrong. When you start using insults, the usually means you have no more points left.

dreman999

Who's insulting? I was making a suggestion. Have you seen your posts?

I could keep the debate up until time stops but I'm not going to when you can't form a readable point.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote since some how you can't understand my point.

Say it's about getting the best combo is not a stable complaint for a mp because every mp is like that. Every mp is like that. Go into any mmo and you'll have players using the best tactics, powers, and classes for the situation on hand. Same as any mp shooter. A group hold the best location with the best weapon spawns and point of fire. It all doing the best combo. And the very thing you missing is the mp for ME3 is not just about killing things. Everyone of the rounds have a differnt goal to do from finishing off an enemy, collecting items, holding a location, to delivering items. The fact it can change rapidly from the start to finish mean it can be very random. The difficulty changes every thing because the tactics done on broze do not work on the higher difficulties. And factions change every thing as well. While it's easier to hold a position to beat a round when facing cerberus....Doing so with the reapers is an entirely different when they specialize in braking formation and close range tactic.

Added how classes play are different and how different races play are different. A krogan soldier does not play like a human one...Krogan soldiers are strong close range fighters. And on top of that on higher difficulties it much harder to be a close range fighter.

A human adept is not like an asari adept.

A human engineer is not the same as a qurian engineer.

But as you said, you just played the demo.....And only 10 games. You did not play more that one class or race. You only faced Cerberus which is the easiest faction And it was on the lowest setting. So is it far to grade a game when your played it on the lowest setting and played for a very small time? My point is, you have not played much of the mp nor seen what it's capable of. It goes much deeper then want other shooter mp have being it's a rpg shooter hybrid. And you barely seen much of it. You're very ignorant with how this game is like and it shows.

The Collectors are now the king of close quaters combat, even more so than the Reapers. Its not advisable to get close to them and melee against abominations is out of the question. And then Harbinger joins in, and can now possess Scions, Pratoerians, and even Abominations.
#225 Posted by texasgoldrush (9486 posts) -
These are the new classes coming, or here already Asari Huntress Infiltrator Asari Valkyrie Sentinel Batarian Brawler Vanguard Batarian Slasher Adept Drell Assassin Infiltrator Geth Trooper Soldier Krogan Shaman Adept Quarian Marksman Soldier Turian Ghost Infiltrator Turian Havoc Soldier Turian Saboteur Engineer Volus Adept Volus Engineer Volus Mercenary Sentinel Volus Protector Vanguard Vorcha Hunter Engineer
#226 Posted by Strakha (1824 posts) -

The Mass Effect games are some of the best value games I bought this generation. As were NWN and KOTOR last generation. ME3 and NWN are probably my most played games in their respective generations. I would agree Bioware is good to their fans and makes great games with plenty of content and replayability.

#227 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

dreman999

Wow, you're crazy. He obviously meant 4 factions and he even SAID that after that post. You're just completely unreasonable to talk to though, apparently anything that Bioware makes should be praised to the high heavens.

#228 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]Did I say I was level 14 when I played it? If I recall correctly I was carried through my first game, went "yep time for silver," and got creamed. It really doesn't matter. I've played more than enough, between the demo and full game, to know how forgettable the entire experience is. I highly, highly doubt that playing gold or platinum is what makes the dissenters suddenly see the light.

Vaasman

I've seen everything that was worth seeing.

In a bronze match.....Really, you seem to miss the point here.
#229 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]You know I can go back and quote where you said "4 enemy types.... But you also missed my point...I'm talking about faction tactics. You just stated the type of enemies we faced...Which you can quickly look up. You also never stated if you played over bronze.....Which I asked. Playing a game in a setting higher then it's easiest setting is a better way of grading how good it is. But I could just ask for your origin name and look up your deals my self...We can d that now with the me3 mp on bsn.

cain006

Wow, you're crazy. He obviously meant 4 factions and he even SAID that after that post. You're just completely unreasonable to talk to though, apparently anything that Bioware makes should be praised to the high heavens.

" He obviously meant 4 factions and he even SAID that after that post." After he said their 4 enemies, in the same post he tried to described them... He meant it.
#230 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]You know I can go back and quote where you said "4 enemy types.... But you also missed my point...I'm talking about faction tactics. You just stated the type of enemies we faced...Which you can quickly look up. You also never stated if you played over bronze.....Which I asked. Playing a game in a setting higher then it's easiest setting is a better way of grading how good it is. But I could just ask for your origin name and look up your deals my self...We can d that now with the me3 mp on bsn.

dreman999

" He obviously meant 4 factions and he even SAID that after that post." After he said their 4 enemies, in the same post he tried to described them... He meant it.

I actually went back through the last couple pages to double-check, and there is no post that says "4 enemy types" and then includes a description of those enemies. Those are two completely separate posts, appearing before and after the post where I make a clarification on the earlier posts I made, ensuring that any non-delusional human would know that I was talking about the different factions. So either you are paraphrasing a post that does not exist, or your reading comprehension is so poor that you have jumbled up several of my posts and subconsciously fused them into one. Either way, I think it's laughable that you are trying to say what I meant in my posts, when I'm not sure you can tell me what you meant in your posts. That last attempt of yours to sum it all up lit a dictionary on fire.

#231 Posted by musalala (2252 posts) -

cain006

dreman999 works for bioware as a viral marketer:P You should have been here during is insane period where he was convinced Indoctrination theory was true.

#232 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

musalala

dreman999 works for bioware as a viral marketer:P You should have been here during is insane period where he was convinced Indoctrination theory was true.

Yeah that theory made no sense at all ever because the prothean vi is like "You guys aren't indoctrinated." I mean you can just say that it was wrong, but that's just a cop out answer.

#233 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]First of all I'm not watching a 40 minute video that's absurd. Second of all, no, just no.

Fighting for first place is a flimsy form of competition at best, even more so when you are only ever playing with 4 people on the same team against nothing but waves of AI. At best you can try to be the fastest clear or something, but that's not real competition, and there are no leaderboards or stat tracking so your score from game to game does not matter in that sense either.

There is no metagame, the gametype simply doesn't compliment it. Because the enemies will always play the same, you will never need anything but the best team combo for that specific enemy type. LoL, for example, has a meta game, because there are so many champions that often counter each other in certain ways. Players are forced to adapt to what others are doing, but experimentation will always lead to new trends and builds in the community. Halo has a meta game, because players favor certain weapons, and then others favor weapon that counter them, etc. In Halo 3, people rushed vehicles often, which made spartan lasers popular, which made bubbleshields popular, which made gravity hammers popular, which made BR popular, which made snipers popular, etc etc. Horde modes simply don't have this creative element, the strategic changes that players make that come from multiplayer with legs. As a result the novelty of the mode wears thin well before you even beat it on it's hardest difficulty.

It's not "random" just because it's throwing something hard at you, it's really just always the same. Once you've beaten the 3 (now 4) enemy types on platinum, you are done. You've seen everything worth seeing. Save extreme feats of skill or luck, there is nothing in the design that allows for those amazing and unique peaks you get from the creative, oddball plays that define other multiplayer games. The design is simply stagnant and creativity is unrewarding when every fight with an enemy type will end up playing the same.

Not to mention that doesn't cover the rest of what I mentioned. The arenas are too cramped so certain enemy types feel like they're out of place and can be exploited easily. The shooting mechanics are just ok, not great. It doesn't have the tight controls and responsiveness that makes Gears' gameplay so fun, nor the satisfying weight and feel of the weaponry. The movement is really clunky too, like sprinting and moving into cover are just awkward. There is no progression of the defenders in the game, so instead of feeling like you are building positions and preparing and fortifying, you are just picking your nose when no enemies are in your area. And there are no other game modes, it's just 1 mode with 4 kinds of enemies. You are pretty much seeing everything within 4 games, with differences simply coming from difficulty settings. It will always play more or less identically, depending on your class.

It's less like a multiplayer suite and more like a multiplayer vestigial organ.

Vaasman

1"At best you can try to be the fastest clear or something, but that's not real competition, and there are no leaderboards or stat tracking so your score from game to game does not matter in that sense either."

More like who gets the most points and there are leader borad...Shows that you have not played it at all.

2."There is no metagame, the gametype simply doesn't compliment it. Because the enemies will always play the same, you will never need anything but the best team combo for that specific enemy type."

You clearly haven't play the mp at all. They don't all play the same way, aka enemies. Added, with difficulty they bring up the number of enemies, defences and attack power up.

You clearly have not played much of the mp.

3."It's not "random" just because it's throwing something hard at you, it's really just always the same. Once you've beaten the 3 (now 4) enemy types on platinum, you are done."

You clearly have not played platinum. Having 4 banshees on ypu is not easy. If fact I don't even thing you know what a bashee is.

Really, I don't even no why your trying ..It clear you have not played this mp at all. You don't even know how wrong you are. If you did ypu'll know the eneimes do not play the same. Your just some np compationest that does not get the concept of co-op.

The "leaderboard" only lets you check peoples N7 ratings, which is just a measure of how long someone has been playing. Where can I track player times and player stats and player high scores against certain maps and enemy types? Where can I track personal stats, like the numbers of enemies killed and preferred weapons? I refuse to consider it competitive if I can't even check one of those things.

There is no meta game. As long as each of the 4 enemies has a best combo then you cannot have a genuine, worthwhile meta game. The only "metagame" here is googling the best race and class combos for each type of enemy.

Chased by 4 banshee's is not random when that's how every platinum vs reapers plays out. Hard =/= random. And **** you I've played more than enough ME3 in single player alone to know what a banshee is.

It's clunky and awkward and not all that fun or varied which you have yet to deny.

I played about 10 games of the multiplayer in beta and maybe 5-10 in the live game, and can't be bothered to play past that. My N7 rating is only 13 and there isn't even the slightest desire to make it any higher. It's just horde mode, a novelty taped on at the last second, with 4 enemy types, no other game modes, and limited functionality. The only real draw being the multiple races and RPG elements.

I'm honestly not sure how you can say otherwise. I don't care how much of a delusional Bioware fanatic you are, the ME3 multiplayer is mediocre.

Also I think you should spellcheck your posts because I have no idea what "np compationest" is even supposed to mean.

Right ,Vaasman...You never said 4 enemy types.

#234 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

dreman999

He did, but it was a mistake. He even said so in a later post:

It's not "random" just because it's throwing something hard at you, it's really just always the same. Once you've beaten the 3 (now 4) enemy types on platinum, you are done. You've seen everything worth seeing. Save extreme feats of skill or luck, there is nothing in the design that allows for those amazing and unique peaks you get from the creative, oddball plays that define other multiplayer games. The design is simply stagnant and creativity is unrewarding when every fight with an enemy type will end up playing the same.

Vaasman

2. If you really think I meant 4 types per faction and not 4 enemy factions then just slap yourself, you need some coffee. And if you think googling the best combos for a faction or difficulty is anything but the absolute lowest form of metagaming, that is your problem.

Vaasman

Hell he even listed a bunch of enemy types for the factions (more than 4.) He obviously never thought there were only 4 enemy types for each faction.

#235 Posted by SciFiRPGfan (694 posts) -

Aaaand now you can return that "goodness" back OP.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/16/groundside-resistance-weapon-pack/

After firefight, another weapon pack...And this is basically the reason why I will take posts about how good / nice is Bioware / EA to their customers / fans with a grain of salt.

#236 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

dreman999

You sure are trying very hard to embarrass yourself.

#237 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

Vaasman

I'm sorry. You did type it.
#238 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"]He did, but it was a mistake. He even said so in a later post:

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

cain006

Vaasman

Hell he even listed a bunch of enemy types for the factions (more than 4.) He obviously never thought there were only 4 enemy types for each faction.

I know he later corrected him self....That's my point. I'm saying he barley played the mp to even have a say on it. He has not even played a game over bronze. My point is he is not that familiar with the mp. He only played a hour and thirty min of it.
#239 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

dreman999

I know he later corrected him self....That's my point. I'm saying he barley played the mp to even have a say on it. He has not even played a game over bronze. My point is he is not that familiar with the mp. He only played a hour and thirty min of it.

Is it really that big of a fvcking deal? :roll:

#240 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="cain006"]

Kandlegoat

Is it really that big of a fvcking deal? :roll:

Just a minor augment. Besides, he is the one who saying the mp is horrible using bs reasons.
#241 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

dreman999

I know. I never denied typing it. Are you even trying anymore?

#242 Posted by musalala (2252 posts) -

After firefight, another weapon pack...And this is basically the reason why I will take posts about how good / nice is Bioware / EA to their customers / fans with a grain of salt.

SciFiRPGfan

WTF why do they charge for single player additions if multiplayer gets its sh#t for free?

#243 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]You sure are trying very hard to embarrass yourself.

Vaasman

You do know that you when into detail after I told you there was not just 4 enemy type...Pages later. You do understand the concept of flip flopping right? On point, you yet to really stated how the mp is bad , Mr."Never played over bronze."
#244 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="SciFiRPGfan"]

musalala

WTF why do they charge for single player additions if multiplayer gets its sh#t for free?

Sp is sp. Mp is mp. It's different. Heck, even the weapon states are different.
#245 Posted by musalala (2252 posts) -

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="SciFiRPGfan"]

dreman999

Sp is sp. Mp is mp. It's different. Heck, even the weapon states are different.

SO people who have no interest in MP have to pay to get sh"t that multiplayer fans get for free? And you people want to seriously claim that Bioware are good to their Fans? If by fans you mean the new multiplayer COD crowd then yes yes. But this is messed up just give the sh@t for free. Also why not allow people to play the mp maps single player, you know like give some mission in the single player game that uses the multiplayer maps.

This just proves this bioware is good to its fans arguement is broken.

#246 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] I'm sorry. You did type it.dreman999

You do know that you when into detail after I told you there was not just 4 enemy type...Pages later. You do understand the concept of flip flopping right? On point, you yet to really stated how the mp is bad , Mr."Never played over bronze."

Man. Just stop. You aren't reading my posts and it's painfully obvious, and quite upsetting because I work very hard to come up with them. By which I mean it takes about 10 seconds.

I really don't care what you think in regards to the "flip flopping." If you can't accept that I meant four enemy factions even after evidence that I've played the multiplayer at least a few times several months ago, that is really your problem.

I've already spent at least a couple pages arguing what is wrong with it so to say that I haven't is just stupid. Not to mention that I have never said that it was bad, just run of the mill or mediocre or some equivalent. You have tried to put so many words in my mouth at this point that I feel like I'm being force fed an encyclopedia.

I actually feel embarrassed for you, like I'm sitting here thinking, "Oh good lord what the hell. He must have short term memory loss. Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just trolling."

#247 Posted by musalala (2252 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]I know. I never denied typing it. Are you even trying anymore?

Vaasman

Man. Just stop. You aren't reading my posts and it's painfully obvious, and quite upsetting because I work very hard to come up with them. By which I mean it takes about 10 seconds.

I really don't care what you think in regards to the "flip flopping." If you can't accept that I meant four enemy factions even after evidence that I've played the multiplayer at least a few times several months ago, that is really your problem.

I've already spent at least a couple pages arguing what is wrong with it so to say that I haven't is just stupid. Not to mention that I have never said that it was bad, just run of the mill or mediocre or some equivalent. You have tried to put so many words in my mouth at this point that I feel like I'm being force fed an encyclopedia.

I actually feel embarrassed for you, like I'm sitting here thinking, "Oh good lord what the hell. He must have short term memory loss. Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just trolling."

:lol: for part in red

Its just the way he is dude....even on the bioware forums he is like this.