1. No it really pretty much is. If it's still based on each class you've leveled and promoted, that is. It tells you nothing about the skill or personal stats of the players so you can't assume anything about the top players other than they are sad for having 19000 N7 rating.
[QUOTE="dreman999"]1. N7 Rating is not just key to how long your playing. 2.Get this in you head...Every time you say there only have 4 enemies shows how little you played the game...Why? Because there are not just 4 enemies per faction. Until you understand this , don't say there is not any meta game for it. 3.How in dear lord is facing 4 banshees at once not random? Added it not even just 4 banshees at all. 4.Your only saying it clunky because you don't like cover shooters. 5.You just played 10 games...On bronze....And I bet you just played the solder class and only in the bata.....No wonder you don't know anything about the mp. You don't get it. You barley played the mp to understand it's depth.Vaasman
2. If you really think I meant 4 types per faction and not 4 enemy factions then just slap yourself, you need some coffee. And if you think googling the best combos for a faction or difficulty is anything but the absolute lowest form of metagaming, that is your problem.
3. Don't know how many times I have to say it. Hard =/= random. If it's something that's bound to happen because of the difficulty setting, then you can't really call it random. Your partners all die, you are the only one left, every enemy chases you. Whether you live or die, it's not random. Everyone who hits gold or platinum will have that or a similar experience at some point. You don't even need to get to platinum, just play reapers on gold, you're sure to get tons of banshees and dead teammates. This isn't like BF3 or something, where players post videos of jumping out of helicoptors to shoot down a jet then have their friend in the chopper pick them up. Or players attach c4 to buggies and suicide bomb tanks. Or flying a chopper into a hole in a building to use the machine guns on the players inside. You creativity is hindered by the structure of the gametype being, in-game, very limiting.
4. No actually I loved all 3 Gears of War games, even the first being so dated at this point, and even the second where they tried so hard to **** up the multiplayer. The funny thing is that half a year before ME3 came out, Gears 3 had a much stronger horde mode with better, more visceral combat, better, more open maps, and the ability to build positions and make progression within the game itself. I wouldn't say that had any staying power either, but it least it was hitting the right notes in it's core gameplay, something that ME has never achieved and has never been about anyway. Not to mention that the Gears 3 multiplayer is a complete package. On top of the horde mode it has 4 player campaign co-op and a full set of multiplayer modes, and an actual functional set of leaderboards and player stats. No matter how hard it wants to be, ME3 combat is no Gears. It has some questionable idiosyncrasies in it's movement and combat that make it stilted by comparison.
5. I played engineer thank you very much. I wouldn't have any different opinion had I played an adept or an infiltrator or any assortment of fancy alien classes. I understand more than enough from that time with the game. It's a shallow experience with limited features, the appeal of which comes from the ability to play multiple classes and races with some RPG elements. It's kind of fun, it's functional, and it's gimmick is in place, but assuming it has any real depth or that any sane human being would play for hundreds of hours, when there are a great multitude of better multiplayer games, is ridiculous.1.Again, there really score borad in themp that is not tied to the n7 rating.
2. Yourstill saying all the enemy typs are basicly the same..Which is not true. You only played the demo, which just have cerberus...You have no idea how different the other factions are to cerberus.
3.You can say "If it's something that's bound to happen because of the difficulty setting, then you can't really call it random." with any mp game.
The fact remaind that you as aplayer dispite knowing the tactics of the eneimy you face can control them. The fact you can't hold a line to a banshees and have to run, but it can case to run into the shot of bombing raveagers does make it random.
4. Gears of war just have you play characters that played the same way. The only difference is the guns you have. How can you say ME3 mp, have you player different character with different ways to play and different factions has no metagame,and gears does but have you play characters like everyone else agenst the same faction?
5. Yes, you would have a difference of opinion...You would have todo different things then an engineer would to kill for one. Each class has a different play style and the race differ in play style as well.