Bioware has been very good to its fans.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14827 Posts
[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

Now now I know a lot of you will **** because of the endings, but as far as multiplayer they have provided gamers with TONS of FREE content.

Nanomage

Who gives a goddamn sh*t about ME3 multiplayer?

Seriously,it was only useful to get your galactic readiness faster but it´s really a pretty mediocre MP shooter.

you don't play it as a "shooter" with most classes.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

No they haven"t, not their original fans, the new Call of duty multiplayerfanbase yes but not the old RPG fanbase. They have taken a liking to urinating liberally on the RPG fan base.

musalala
The mp is nothing like COD. Heck, it has more rpg elements then the sp game...And the sp game has more rpg elements then the ME1.
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Bioware, at least the ME team, listen their fanbase a lot. The problem is most of fans themselves.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#104 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

The multiplayer is one of the only things I liked about ME3, so I'm glad they're supporting it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Look who is talking...I prove you wrong multiple times and you call me stupid. Wow The biggets idiots think they are smart...like you.texasgoldrush

in your imagination

we all know you are a deluded idiot who spams bs and talk as if they were true, just as you just did, biggest failure on this forums for sure.

You were wrong about the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, wrong about From Ashes development process, what can you be right about?

rofl what an idiot i posted something and you posted something stupid as always but keep trying failure is nice to see you care

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#106 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

STOP TALKING BOUT MY BONER

archvile_78

Let's be honest here, the boner talk was much more interesting than the topic subject itself.

seconded. anyways, no they haven't. they've been almost as bad to their fans as they have been to themselves. i won't deny the fact that a couple of their games do present quite a bit of quality, ttho
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#107 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I would have to agree. Even though Bioware doesn't do everything right the first time, altering an ending because of fan complaints and free DLC is pretty good.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Biowares free dlcs are laughable compared to what Valve have done with TF2. Hell, even Bethesda has done more post launch for their fans than bioware with their modtools. They could at least start by adding more modes. Horde mode got pretty damn boring halfway through 2009.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

im contemplating should i get the ME trilogy in november? or buy all ME right now?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I loved Mass Effect, yes even ME3.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

im contemplating should i get the ME trilogy in november? or buy all ME right now?

Mario1331

November

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

bioware sold out to ea and ea are not good to their fans

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

ZombieKiller7

November

wait wait, is there going to be a trilogy release in november or something?

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

I can only play horde mode so many times. Yes, it's nice to have the free content(as something like that should be, imo), but I'd rather see some deep single player expansions. EXPANSION PACKS would be nice these days.

YearoftheSnake5

They are working on a take back Omega single player DLC with Aria.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 dreman999

Biowares free dlcs are laughable compared to what Valve have done with TF2. Hell, even Bethesda has done more post launch for their fans than bioware with their modtools. They could at least start by adding more modes. Horde mode got pretty damn boring halfway through 2009.

DoomZaW
So...Giving people hat's is better than giving people new character with different play styles some how? And the Bethesda comment end with point out they made you pay for an ending.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 GrannyGoat

Figures this thread would turn into complainers...."Bioware made a sucky ending so they're forced to give awesome free DLC" "EA owning Bioware makes Bioware suck!" "no one plays Multiplayer (definitely false, if no one played they wouldn't be releasing these DLC)" Bioware haters are so tedious.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 dreman999

bioware sold out to ea and ea are not good to their fans

icyseanfitz
We have not payed for one mp product yet with ME3. How many other games have that other than TF2 and L4d.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
It's a sad day in the gaming world when BioWare exceeds expectations in the multiplayer realm and falls under heavy criticism in the singleplayer realm.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 dreman999
It's a sad day in the gaming world when BioWare exceeds expectations in the multiplayer realm and falls under heavy criticism in the singleplayer realm.Zeviander
With the heavy criticism being"Wah!! I didn't get the happy ending it wanted!" Then is safe to say why it should be ignored.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It's a sad day in the gaming world when BioWare exceeds expectations in the multiplayer realm and falls under heavy criticism in the singleplayer realm.dreman999
With the heavy criticism being"Wah!! I didn't get the happy ending it wanted!" Then is safe to say why it should be ignored.

Hah yea I remember those people. Some of them were so desperate for a good ending that they actually made up an "indoctrination theory," and then tried to force it down everyone's throats because they hated the original ending so much.

Can't imagine anyone here doing that though.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldfail is in

this officially has become a thread of 100 pages of people telling him how stupid he is and he spamming bs

texasgoldrush

Look who is talking...I prove you wrong multiple times and you call me stupid. Wow The biggets idiots think they are smart...like you.

B000FHEUWC.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V5952832

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rjdofu

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Krelian-co

November

Yeah, for 360 & PC, 6/11/2012. later for PS3 (date unknown). However, PS3 owner can get ME1 on the same day.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]It's a sad day in the gaming world when BioWare exceeds expectations in the multiplayer realm and falls under heavy criticism in the singleplayer realm.Vaasman

Hah yea I remember those people. Some of them were so desperate for a good ending that they actually made up an "indoctrination theory," and then tried to force it down everyone's throats because they hated the original ending so much.

That was not a happy ending statement. Just a way to make sense of the ending. I'm talking about the complaints post-ec.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GrannyGoat

Mario1331

Probably wait for the trilogy. All three games are awesome in their own right. The first ME is kind of dated with regards to combat but the story/RPG elements are great. Even people that didn't like the ending of ME3 have to admit the game was pretty friggin awesome and fun. I've gone through 3 playthroughs. People are only mad about the ending because they were so invested in the game, which proves it's high quality. I myself didn't have a problem with the end. And the multiplayer in ME3 is surprisingly good with new stuff added all the time. It's a great series.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#125 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

ME 3 didn't just have a bad ending, the whole game was bad. I didn't even finish it.

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GrannyGoat

ME 3 didn't just have a bad ending, the whole game was bad. I didn't even finish it.

scoots9

I find that hard to believe. Especially if you are involved in the series. You meet Miranda on her mission, Ashley/Kaidan, make decisin on the genephage, face Kai Leng, do missiom for aria, meet with Garrus to save his homeland, help EDI discover her humanity, help lJack in her mission,etc...There is lots to do.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#127 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Mario1331

If you're getting it for pc, just get it now. You'll actually be able to get it cheaper. Just checked right now, you can get all three for $35 retail on amazon. You could probably find a better price if you looked around some.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

GrannyGoat

I find that hard to believe. Especially if you are involved in the series. You meet Miranda on her mission, Ashley/Kaidan, make decisin on the genephage, face Kai Leng, do missiom for aria, meet with Garrus to save his homeland, help EDI discover her humanity, help lJack in her mission,etc...There is lots to do.

... Mass Effect 3 had the best combat, customization and character building than the entire series.. It was basically a hybrid of the first two, everything everybody hoped for.. The game also had the best theater pieces with numerous amazing moments.. My main gripe with the game was it tried to do too much in just one game.. Literally 2 or 3 of the story quests could have been made into their own games compared to the first two games..

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

November

rjdofu

Yeah, for 360 & PC, 6/11/2012. later for PS3 (date unknown). However, PS3 owner can get ME1 on the same day.

i did not know that, nice, i'm doubtful wheater to buy it to have the trilogy collection and giving money to bioware/ea

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]With the heavy criticism being"Wah!! I didn't get the happy ending it wanted!" Then is safe to say why it should be ignored.dreman999

That was not a happy ending statement. Just a way to make sense of the ending. I'm talking about the complaints post-ec.

you sound like a bad PR manager from bioware, trying to cover the bad ending with some disrespectful comments from the fans

with the ammount of people who disliked the ending and the ammount of followers and fans it was expected some of them to be disrespectful but there are many who also complained respectfully. The fact that there were some disrespectful people doesn't make the issue dissapear

I poersonally disliked the ending, it was beyond dissapointing and before you use excuse #2 "i wanted a happy ending" no, i was expecting in fact for a sad ending since one of the major themes was sacrifice, but i also expected a logical and well written plot, not this 3rd rate writing and nonsense they threw at us

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]Hah yea I remember those people. Some of them were so desperate for a good ending that they actually made up an "indoctrination theory," and then tried to force it down everyone's throats because they hated the original ending so much.

Krelian-co

you sound like a bad PR manager from bioware, trying to cover the bad ending with some disrespectful comments from the fans

with the ammount of people who disliked the ending and the ammount of followers and fans it was expected some of them to be disrespectful but there are many who also complained respectfully. The fact that there were some disrespectful people doesn't make the issue dissapear

I'm considering the people who respectfully complained. BW did change the ending to be clear and understandable. Your free to not like want there, but the game is truly bad just because you on't like how it ended when it was improved? I can understand to complaints pre-ec...But the post-ec complaint are generally whining.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] That was not a happy ending statement. Just a way to make sense of the ending. I'm talking about the complaints post-ec.dreman999

I'm considering the people who respectfully complained. BW did change the ending to be clear and understandable. Your free to not like want there, but the game is truly bad just because you on't like how it ended when it was improved? I can understand to complaints pre-ec...But the post-ec complaint are generally whining.

Yep, post EC, there is no real weaknesses in the ending. Its either fans are A) morons or B) whine about not having a happy ending. And to all who criticize multiplayer.....can you play a Volus in single player? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y13XnpU5Jpo
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] That was not a happy ending statement. Just a way to make sense of the ending. I'm talking about the complaints post-ec.dreman999

i agree the ending post ec was decent enough but i think my jaw literally droped when i finished the game when it was just released

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldrush

Yep, post EC, there is no real weaknesses in the ending. Its either fans are A) morons or B) whine about not having a happy ending. And to all who criticize multiplayer.....can you play a Volus in single player? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y13XnpU5Jpo

no one cares about your opinion, waste of space

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="dreman999"] I'm considering the people who respectfully complained. BW did change the ending to be clear and understandable. Your free to not like want there, but the game is truly bad just because you on't like how it ended when it was improved? I can understand to complaints pre-ec...But the post-ec complaint are generally whining.Krelian-co

no one cares about your opinion, waste of space

I am not the one proven wrong over and over. No one cares about your opinion.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]It's a sad day in the gaming world when BioWare exceeds expectations in the multiplayer realm and falls under heavy criticism in the singleplayer realm.Vaasman

:lol::lol: I saw what you did there!

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

i did not know that, nice, i'm doubtful wheater to buy it to have the trilogy collection and giving money to bioware/ea

There'll be some DLC included in the trilogy; however, it's different between each platform. So if you haven't got any ME game/DLC, i'd say look for the one with most free DLCs. That being said, if you've got ME2/3, just buy ME1 (if you like it, that is).

About the developer stuff, I always think good games deserve it, regardless of who's behind it. If the games are good without DLC, then you don't have to get DLC to enjoy it.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i hated the change from mass effect 1 to mass effect 2, that along with dragon age 2 and swtor mmo made bioware dead to me.

SOLDIER5678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SOLDIER5678
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
Ya, they release some of the best rpgs of all time.. Mass Effect was such a godly game.. Dragon Age, man that game was heck loads of fun. DA2 really did it...
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dreman999

i hated the change from mass effect 1 to mass effect 2, that along with dragon age 2 and swtor mmo made bioware dead to me.

Armoured_Mage
The funny thing about that comment is that ME3 is more of an rpg then ME1. The only thing ME1 did better was exploration.
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

The funny thing about that comment is that ME3 is more of an rpg then ME1. The only thing ME1 did better was exploration.dreman999

How so?

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]The funny thing about that comment is that ME3 is more of an rpg then ME1. The only thing ME1 did better was exploration.SciFiRPGfan

How so?

The powers do much more then what ME1 has and are developed better. We have a balanced system of gear. If you play as an adept and an engineer you see it clearly. We even have better mods then ME1.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Stringerboy

They didn't change anything, only added to it to make it somewhat less horrific.

sO your saying the results of control is the same as synthesis and destory? No, that addition changed alot. One being that the mass relays are no longer blown up. The problem was that the end was abrupt and had no clear explanation. It make much more sense now.
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

The powers do much more then what ME1 has and are developed better. We have a balanced system of gear. If you play as an adept and an engineer you see it clearly. We even have better mods then ME1.dreman999

True.

OTOH, we have lost some traditional RPG elements like inventory, non-combat skills (charm, intimidate, decryption), non-combat activities (hacking), options to just talk our way out of fight (which was very underutilized in ME1 too though), the amount of loot has been reduced a lot, also like you said, the exploration got much worse and last but not least, the option to influence what is our Shepard going to say has been limited to some degree as well (the frequency of dialogue wheels, the amount of options per dialogue wheel).

Therefore, I would not say that ME3 is more of an RPG than ME1. It does some RPG elements much better (the number and variety of combat powers and weapons, the weight system, weapon upgrades) both in terms of being a better RPG (variety, quantity) and better game (more fitting for gameplay), but on the other hand, reduces others. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing, if you did not like those elements or how they have been handled before, but it does not change the fact, that in terms of"being an RPG" or "having RPG elements", it has undergone some reductions.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] I'm considering the people who respectfully complained. BW did change the ending to be clear and understandable. Your free to not like want there, but the game is truly bad just because you on't like how it ended when it was improved? I can understand to complaints pre-ec...But the post-ec complaint are generally whining.dreman999

They didn't change anything, only added to it to make it somewhat less horrific.

sO your saying the results of control is the same as synthesis and destory? No, that addition changed alot. One being that the mass relays are no longer blown up. The problem was that the end was abrupt and had no clear explanation. It make much more sense now.

They didn"t remove the stupid Kid and his equally stupid logic, They did fix some things like the joker running away and making the endings more distinct but they really didn"t fix the main thing that people hated..the stupid kid. Also they ignored some of the other stuff like we nver really see our war assets in action, nor did they expalin how the illusive man magically appeared in the citedel room thing, in addition the space magic of synthesis remaind. So its more like they fixed some stuff but didn"t fix other stuff. I think now we have an equal split between those that liked the endings and those that hated them. Also the refusal ending was a big F#ck you to the whinners.

Dreman999 does this mean you have offically abandonded indoctrination theory?

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

musalala

They didn"t remove the stupid Kid and his equally stupid logic, They did fix some things like the joker running away and making the endings more distinct but they really didn"t fix the main thing that people hated..the stupid kid. Also they ignored some of the other stuff like we nver really see our war assets in action, nor did they expalin how the illusive man magically appeared in the citedel room thing, in addition the space magic of synthesis remaind. So its more like they fixed some stuff but didn"t fix other stuff. I think now we have an equal split between those that liked the endings and those that hated them. Also the refusal ending was a big F#ck you to the whinners.

Dreman999 does this mean you have offically abandonded indoctrination theory?

I do what them to make priority earth better. And I can live with the catalyst, it just a machine doing what it's programmed to do. It and it creators in the leviathan dlc makes that clear. It just like Hal from space odyssey. Synthesis is just a question of the morality of advancement and the issue of ends vs means As for IT, How I see it simply changed. It's not longer a dream. But the attempt of indoctrinate Shepard is still there.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]The powers do much more then what ME1 has and are developed better. We have a balanced system of gear. If you play as an adept and an engineer you see it clearly. We even have better mods then ME1.SciFiRPGfan

True.

OTOH, we have lost some traditional RPG elements like inventory, non-combat skills (charm, intimidate, decryption), non-combat activities (hacking), options to just talk our way out of fight (which was very underutilized in ME1 too though), the amount of loot has been reduced a lot, also like you said, the exploration got much worse and last but not least, the option to influence what is our Shepard going to say has been limited to some degree as well (the frequency of dialogue wheels, the amount of options per dialogue wheel).

Therefore, I would not say that ME3 is more of an RPG than ME1. It does some RPG elements much better (the number and variety of combat powers and weapons, the weight system, weapon upgrades) both in terms of being a better RPG (variety, quantity) and better game (more fitting for gameplay), but on the other hand, reduces others. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing, if you did not like those elements or how they have been handled before, but it does not change the fact, that in terms of"being an RPG" or "having RPG elements", it has undergone some reductions.

We have not lost charm and intimidate. We have plenty of times in ME3 we use it. As for dialogue it more that we certain thing are automatic....But it's the little thing that don't have any destruction on Sheps character. Most people who say there's less dialogue options to pick in ME3 forget the fact that a majority of the dialogue in ME1 options lead to the same answer. Example:You given 3 paraphrases to pick with have different lines and the all lead to Shepard saying"I'll stop Seran some how." Hacking was never really missed.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#149 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Bioware is going in a wrong direction but they still have greatness in them. They just need someone or something to knock some sense into them. They need to look to their past for inspiration.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 dreman999
Bioware is going in a wrong direction but they still have greatness in them. They just need someone or something to knock some sense into them. They need to look to their past for inspiration.GunSmith1_basic
This is so ironic..... You saying MP is the wrong direction and they need to look into the past.......And BW past games have MP.:lol: