Bioware has been very good to its fans.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

No they haven"t, not their original fans, the new Call of duty multiplayerfanbase yes but not the old RPG fanbase. They have taken a liking to urinating liberally on the RPG fan base.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

Christ, a consolite WOULD be the one to love ME3 and DAII...jesius

Jankarcop
dahell? ME3 was 97% amazing.
sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2065 Posts
perhaps I'm cynical, but I do believe the only reason they're offering it for free is so that ME3 didn't fade away after they turned off their core fans with that travesty of an ending, yes there's the extended cut which gives more explanation but doesn't solve the starbrat issue.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
The what constitutes as a 'Bioware fan' is very different to what it was six years ago. With such a broad general categorisation I'm sure you're not going to get a straight answer from people who give a damn about their games. Be it someone who has held their games to a high regard since Baldur's Gate 2, the guy who like Shattered Steel, a bad fanfiction writer or the person who decided to take it upon themselves to pseudo scientifically deduce what Tali's sweat tastes like. Yes Bioware fans.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I don't care how they are to their fans. I would like their games to be better.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Hell no, Bioware ditches their fans every half-decade to focus on new ones. Not to mention that they churn out more day-one DLC than any other RPG developer.

BioWare multiplayer..... BioWare...multiplayer....... BioWare......multi......player.......BioWare...... good? WUT!?NeonNinja

Both games in Bioware's all-time best series had great multiplayer modes, and their last great PC exclusive was a multiplayer title first and foremost. Even Dragon Age was originally designed to be a PC-exclusive title with multiplayer and adventure-modding tools.

So...I honestly don't get why people can't accept that 'Bioware' and 'multiplayer' fit just fine in the same sentence.

*edit* Anyway, shouldn't this all be framed in the past tense? Does Bioware have any talent left, after the recent batch of big names jumping ship?

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 musalala

Hell no, Bioware ditches their fans every half-decade to focus on new ones. Not to mention that they churn out more day-one DLC than any other RPG developer.

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]BioWare multiplayer..... BioWare...multiplayer....... BioWare......multi......player.......BioWare...... good? WUT!?Planeforger

Both games in Bioware's all-time best series had great multiplayer modes, and their last great PC exclusive was a multiplayer title first and foremost. Even Dragon Age was originally designed to be a PC-exclusive title with multiplayer and adventure-modding tools.

So...I honestly don't get why people can't accept that 'Bioware' and 'multiplayer' fit just fine in the same sentence.

*edit* Anyway, shouldn't this all be framed in the past tense? Does Bioware have any talent left, after the recent batch of big names jumping ship?

I think the differnce is how the multiplayer was implemented, co-op mutiplayer in the story campaign would have been amazing similar to neverwinter nights and baldurs gate, instead we get a pathetic gears of war horde mode rip off. The issue is not multiplayer but how its implemented.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
I've enjoyed their Mass Effect games, didn't much care for the original Dragon Age so I don't see why people were steaming out the ears over the second game. but fan overreaction to ME3 was any indication hey maybe it turned out to be an okay game. Anyhow, haven't played much of their older stuff except for the first KOTOR.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Bioware is garbage.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

No they haven"t, not their original fans, the new Call of duty multiplayerfanbase yes but not the old RPG fanbase. They have taken a liking to urinating liberally on the RPG fan base.

musalala
wah wah wah...gonna cry some more.... Please, the old RPG fanbase were very resistant to any change and want the same games over and over again.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]BioWare multiplayer..... BioWare...multiplayer....... BioWare......multi......player.......BioWare...... good? WUT!?musalala

I think the differnce is how the multiplayer was implemented, co-op mutiplayer in the story campaign would have been amazing similar to neverwinter nights and baldurs gate, instead we get a pathetic gears of war horde mode rip off. The issue is not multiplayer but how its implemented.

no we get a horde mode while similiar to Gears of War, lets us play a variety of races and classes that play far differently in which many aren't shoot first affairs. Face it, it was a suprisingly good addition, hence the support.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 texasgoldrush

me3 mp dlc trailer (content to be released in a few hours)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqwuHFIgIA&feature=plcpit

haters gonna hate, but this is badass and free

FastEddie2121
nevermind that they are going to roll out SIXTEEN new characters over time.....INCLUDING VOLUS.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

musalala
Well,at least there´s gems coming like Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity for the people that actually like proper W/CRPG´s and not shooters/action games with basic RPG elements.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

texasgoldfail is in

this officially has become a thread of 100 pages of people telling him how stupid he is and he spamming bs

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 musalala

texasgoldfail is in

this officially has become a thread of 100 pages of people telling him how stupid he is and he spamming bs

Krelian-co

F#ck ....just when the discussion was getting interesting.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

wah wah wah...gonna cry some more.... Please, the old RPG fanbase were very resistant to any change and want the same games over and over again.

Um actaully I won"t cry I just won"t give bioware my money.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
The idea to connect MP and SP the way they did was awful. Especially given that the perecentages decreased when you were not playing (I was on holiday for one week in the middle of my playthrough and when I came back it was basically back to fifty). I will check their next game carefully and if they implement a similar system again I won't buy it. The MP wasn't terrible, but it wasn't particulary fun either. There are far better MP games.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 texasgoldrush

texasgoldfail is in

Krelian-co
Look who is talking...I prove you wrong multiple times and you call me stupid. Wow The biggets idiots think they are smart...like you.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

Um actaully I won"t cry I just won"t give bioware my money.

Yet you are still whining on a thread. The poor persecuted RPG fanbase.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldfail is in

musalala

F#ck ....just when the discussion was getting interesting.

Bail out, everyone.

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]BioWare multiplayer..... BioWare...multiplayer....... BioWare......multi......player.......BioWare...... good? WUT!?Planeforger

Greg and Ray were more executives at this point...their loss means nothing. Drew Karpyshyn was an overrated writer, while great a plot twists, did not develop characters effectively when he is lead writer. He also ruined Revan an dthe Exile....while SWTOR was overall well written (for Star Wars), he massively dropped the ball on Revan. On the soundtrack side, the loss of Jack Wall was easily covered. Bioware definitely still has talent....Patrick Weekes, John Dumbrow, Sylvia Feketekuty, Jeremy Barlow, Chris Hepler, Mary Kirby, and Lukas Kristjanson are all excellent writers.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 musalala

The idea to connect MP and SP the way they did was awful. Especially given that the perecentages decreased when you were not playing (I was on holiday for one week in the middle of my playthrough and when I came back it was basically back to fifty). I will check their next game carefully and if they implement a similar system again I won't buy it. The MP wasn't terrible, but it wasn't particulary fun either. There are far better MP games.Sushiglutton

Wow I didn"t know you rating went down if you stopped playing, then again they did forcefully fuse SP and MP so this shouldn"t really be surprise

The multiplayer as you said is ok, Like the single player.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#74 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i have to agree, even though a lot hate on them for DA 2 and ME 3, and even TOR. But i have to say i have enjoyed all of them
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I enjoyed the Mass Effect 3 MP so I love all the DLC they've released for it. Considering how much free DLC has been added to the game, I find it rather surprising that they haven't tried to charge for it.

Legendaryscmt
Its there way of saying sorry for the ending, they would of charged if the whole internet hadn't of exploded over the ending
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

I enjoyed the Mass Effect 3 MP so I love all the DLC they've released for it. Considering how much free DLC has been added to the game, I find it rather surprising that they haven't tried to charge for it.

Supabul
Its there way of saying sorry for the ending, they would of charged if the whole internet hadn't of exploded over the ending

No, becuas ethey still make money off of the microtransactions for players who want to try and earn characters by paying for packs with real money instead of play for them. Really ME3 multiplayer is an experiement for EA to test Free to Play models. You only get new maps and new features right away. New weapons and characters you have to unlock.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Now now I know a lot of you will **** because of the endings, but as far as multiplayer they have provided gamers with TONS of FREE content.

GrannyGoat

Who gives a goddamn sh*t about ME3 multiplayer?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldfail is in

texasgoldrush

Look who is talking...I prove you wrong multiple times and you call me stupid. Wow The biggets idiots think they are smart...like you.

in your imagination

we all know you are a deluded idiot who spams bs and talk as if they were true, just as you just did, biggest failure on this forums for sure.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Like someone said on an youtube comment, people raged about Mass Effect 3´s ending because they cared, something that rarely happens on videogame industry. This trilogy was epic enough to make them feel upset about the future of fictional characters!

That said, i believe Boiware could have done a better job without the involvement of EA.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#80 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Like someone said on an youtube comment, people raged about the ending because they cared, something that rarely happens on videogame industry. This game was epic enough to make them feel upset about the future of fictional characters. Sucky ending or not, the trilogy was epic!

That said, i believe Boiware could have done a better job without the involvement of EA.

PAL360
i have to agree, EA is just doing Bioware no favors at all, the founders sold out and left earning lots of money and leaving the guys that really want to make incredible games hanging dry
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

Now now I know a lot of you will **** because of the endings, but as far as multiplayer they have provided gamers with TONS of FREE content.

Vaasman

Who gives a goddamn sh*t about ME3 multiplayer?

Seriously,it was only useful to get your galactic readiness faster but it´s really a pretty mediocre MP shooter.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 skrat_01
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Greg and Ray were more executives at this point...their loss means nothing.

Wow. No it means a huge amount, especially considering Greg moved to Bioware Austin to see SWOTOR finished; the two of them were Bioware not just in position, but as part of the studios culture - which is extremely important in any sort of game development. They're not 'expendable assets', that's acting like a detached forum poster, not someone who understands game development, when making silly proclamations. Now before you start getting on your soap box isn't to say the ship is sinking or anything like that with them gone, but it will inevitably have big implications, for better or for worse. Whether that new champions of the studio, or it being slowly pulled to pieces - we will have to wait and see.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 musalala

Like someone said on an youtube comment, people raged about Mass Effect 3´s ending because they cared, something that rarely happens on videogame industry. This trilogy was epic enough to make them feel upset about the future of fictional characters!

PAL360

I agree with this its a testament to what they created, but EA f#cked them up good. Mass effect 3 could have been the crowning glory of this gen if EA hadn"t gotten their claws into it. I wonder if The Dr regret selling out, I mean their legacy will be tainted hard by this fiasco.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 musalala

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Greg and Ray were more executives at this point...their loss means nothing.skrat_01
Wow. No it means a huge amount, especially considering Greg moved to Bioware Austin to see SWOTOR finished; the two of them were Bioware not just in position, but as part of the studios culture - which is extremely important in any sort of game development. They're not 'expendable assets', that's acting like a detached forum poster, not someone who understands game development, when making silly proclamations. Now before you start getting on your soap box isn't to say the ship is sinking or anything like that with them gone, but it will inevitably have big implications, for better or for worse. Whether that new champions of the studio, or it being slowly pulled to pieces - we will have to wait and see.

We actaully don"t need to wait and See, as every studio, franchise that EA has ever aquired has been destroyed Violently. The fact that so many people left Bioware is premonition of things to come.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]The idea to connect MP and SP the way they did was awful. Especially given that the perecentages decreased when you were not playing (I was on holiday for one week in the middle of my playthrough and when I came back it was basically back to fifty). I will check their next game carefully and if they implement a similar system again I won't buy it. The MP wasn't terrible, but it wasn't particulary fun either. There are far better MP games.musalala

Wow I didn"t know you rating went down if you stopped playing, then again they did forcefully fuse SP and MP so this shouldn"t really be surprise

The multiplayer as you said is ok, Like the single player.

Yeah I found out the hard way :). It's just too greedy of them imo. I'm a bit of a completionist so it bothered me plenty. In hindsight I think the game would have benefited a lot from a more sloppy playthrough, not caring about the ending. I forced myself through a lot of the filler stuff in the SP as well as the MP. I don't think I put in that many boring hours into a game ever.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 skrat_01

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Greg and Ray were more executives at this point...their loss means nothing.musalala

We actaully don"t need to wait and See, as every studio, franchise that EA has ever aquired has been destroyed Violently. The fact that so many people left Bioware is premonition of things to come.

Cant deny that there's plenty of instances, but there's DICE, Visceral, Criterion and so on still standing.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"] Wow. No it means a huge amount, especially considering Greg moved to Bioware Austin to see SWOTOR finished; the two of them were Bioware not just in position, but as part of the studios culture - which is extremely important in any sort of game development. They're not 'expendable assets', that's acting like a detached forum poster, not someone who understands game development, when making silly proclamations. Now before you start getting on your soap box isn't to say the ship is sinking or anything like that with them gone, but it will inevitably have big implications, for better or for worse. Whether that new champions of the studio, or it being slowly pulled to pieces - we will have to wait and see.skrat_01

Cant deny that there's plenty of instances, but there's DICE, Visceral, Criterion and so on still standing.

I dunno man, dead space seems to be going downhill and games like Dante"s inferno (I think visceral made this) is mediocre at best.They maybe still standing but the are far from what they used to be. But Dice I will concede, they seem to have survived unscathed

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 skrat_01

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

I dunno man, dead space seems to be going downhill and games like Dante"s inferno (I think visceral made this) is mediocre at best.They maybe still standing but the are far from what they used to be. But Dice I will concede, they seem to have survived unscathed

Aye aye they did make Dante's inferno, however I'd honestly argue that BF3 is a bit of evidence that Dice has stumbled in terms of appeasing EA's financial vision. The thing to keep in mind though is that these developers would have never actually had their titles published if it wasn't for EA. Be it BF1942, Burnout (after Acclaim went under) or the first Dead Space. I think it's more of a case of the cycle of EA's management. Wind the clock back to 2008 and EA seemed like a different company to the one currently. Same with EA during the 90s, or today. It's a cycle of funding, growing then cutting and burning. Shame it's at the expense of developers and IPs.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
I've enjoyed Bioware games since MKD and will continue to do so.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Like someone said on an youtube comment, people raged about the ending because they cared, something that rarely happens on videogame industry. This game was epic enough to make them feel upset about the future of fictional characters. Sucky ending or not, the trilogy was epic!

The_Last_Ride
i have to agree, EA is just doing Bioware no favors at all, the founders sold out and left earning lots of money and leaving the guys that really want to make incredible games hanging dry

I bet those guy's at Bioware will start packing there bag's and leaving, its happen before I hate EA owning the Mass Effect series
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Even the founders said how bad bioware and left.....honestly defending them at this point is laughable.

All you can hope for is DA3 to be somewhat playable this time.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
So good that they still haven't fixed the dreaded "Black Hole Glitch" for the X360's version of Mass Effect 3? Thanks, I'll pass, and that's also the reason I won't buy it.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Even the founders said how bad bioware and left.....honestly defending them at this point is laughable.

All you can hope for is DA3 to be somewhat playable this time.

Jankarcop
Dragon's Age is completely obsolete, even on consoles, after The Witcher 2's release. Why do they even bother is beyond me.
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

All you can hope for is DA3 to be somewhat playable this time.Jankarcop

Or did they?

From what Ive seen over the past few months, I can attest that the best is yet to come; my teams at all of BioWares studios have many more fantastic products on the horizon for our great community of fans.

From Ray Muzyka's blog.

One thing Im confident of is that weve built a great team that will continue to succeed long after Im gone. The thing Im most proud of is the success of people that weve help grow over the years; I hope all of them exceed anything Ive ever done and eclipse our achievements. I have full confidence in the current leadership team guiding BioWare to continued future success.

From Greg Zeschuck's blog.

Now I know, that it is the standard corporate talk, damage control or however else people call this official statements, but that's my point. Let's not make the developers look / sound dumber than they could ever be. Given how diplomatic they have always been and how attached to Bioware they must have been, they would have never said something like that. At least not in public. And I doubt, that you ever had a chnce to talk with any of them in private.

So that makes it another baseless accusation as if there wasn't enough of them already...

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

BioWare multiplayer..... BioWare...multiplayer....... BioWare......multi......player.......BioWare...... good? WUT!?

NeonNinja
It's like Buldersgate 1 and 2 and Neverwinternights never happened....Add ME3mp is fantastic.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dreman999
So good that they still haven't fixed the dreaded "Black Hole Glitch" for the X360's version of Mass Effect 3? Thanks, I'll pass, and that's also the reason I won't buy it.Salt_The_Fries
That's been fixed.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dreman999

No, they had to offer it for free after that fiasco.

Stringerboy
For every mp update?
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldfail is in

Krelian-co

in your imagination

we all know you are a deluded idiot who spams bs and talk as if they were true, just as you just did, biggest failure on this forums for sure.

You were wrong about the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, wrong about From Ashes development process, what can you be right about?
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dreman999
The idea to connect MP and SP the way they did was awful. Especially given that the perecentages decreased when you were not playing (I was on holiday for one week in the middle of my playthrough and when I came back it was basically back to fifty). I will check their next game carefully and if they implement a similar system again I won't buy it. The MP wasn't terrible, but it wasn't particulary fun either. There are far better MP games.Sushiglutton
It was done that way so the player would continue to play mp and it would not over power the player...Heck, you have 3 games worth of choice that add to ems so mp is not needed.