BioWare confirms intro content for ME2 PS3, included DLC, more

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Link

Good to see they're addressing the issue.

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
Seemless intro content I see, that's probably gona be featured in the "hours of bonus content" :D
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
That;s good, but still it sucks to not be able to import a char from the first one. Hope they somehow get to make the choices of the first, even if it's just from a menu.
Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
Still seems kind of watered down compared to getting the 30 hour content of the first game.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Still seems kind of watered down compared to getting the 30 hour content of the first game.Parasomniac

True, but its still better that nothing and they're trying to make the best of the situation.

ThePRGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThePRGod
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

I just skimmed through it, but the DLC will be released with the game or will we have to pay?

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

To be fair, the choices in ME1 were'nt that important. It was just an excellent game PS3 owners should also get to play

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho

To be fair, the choices in ME1 were'nt that important. It was just an excellent game PS3 owners should also get to play

-Snooze-
It'll be very weird to meet Wrex in ME2 and have him go "Shepard, my old friend! How's it going?" without any idea of who Wrex is, tho. Unless they include a lot of backstory, or change his lines?
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

-Snooze-

maybe there was sometihng in the contract prevented mass effect going to consoles. of course there could be other reasons.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
sounds good cant wait to get my hands on it.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

locopatho

It'll be very weird to meet Wrex in ME2 and have him go "Shepard, my old friend! How's it going?" without any idea of who Wrex is, tho. Unless they include a lot of backstory, or change his lines?

I think the default story has shephard killing him in the first game so i doubt PS3 owners will see him :( He was an amazig character.

They're really missing out on the original games story, rather then the choices.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

TheShadowLord07

maybe there was sometihng in the contract prevented mass effect going to consoles. of course there could be other reasons.

MS Published ME1 if I'm not mistaken, thus ME1 is exclusive . EA published ME2 thus they can do what ever they want

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamtrix
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts
Truth is even if ME1 came most wouldn't play it. God knows I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It would probably steer people away from the second. The first ME1 has way to many flaws.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

akira2465

MS Published ME1 if I'm not mistaken, thus ME1 is exclusive . EA published ME2 thus they can do what ever they want

Ways around that ... Look at Ninja Gaiden 2, oh i mean the much improved Sigma 2.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#15 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Well, that somewhat fixes the issue. Not entirely, but still good.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"] maybe there was sometihng in the contract prevented mass effect going to consoles. of course there could be other reasons.

-Snooze-

Ways around that ... Look at Ninja Gaiden 2, oh i mean the much improved Sigma 2.

getting rid of the gore blood and new game + is not an improvement imo.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Isn't there a sticky? :?

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

TheShadowLord07

getting rid of the gore blood and new game + is not an improvement imo.

I dunno man ... More content, multiplayer, better graphics etc. I guess it's debatable

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

-Snooze-

I think the default story has shephard killing him in the first game so i doubt PS3 owners will see him :( He was an amazig character.

They're really missing out on the original games story, rather then the choices.

For me they are the same thing, my choices made my story, I know people say the choices didn't matter THAT much. But it's just so awesome to run into Wrex in ME2 and think, "Yup glad I saved you back in ME1, wasn't for me you'd be dead." All fanboyism aside, I wish they'd either bring both across or none, cos Mass Effect really needs to be played from start to finish to fully appreciate it imo.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] It'll be very weird to meet Wrex in ME2 and have him go "Shepard, my old friend! How's it going?" without any idea of who Wrex is, tho. Unless they include a lot of backstory, or change his lines?locopatho

For me they are the same thing, my choices made my story, I know people say the choices didn't matter THAT much. But it's just so awesome to run into Wrex in ME2 and think, "Yup glad I saved you back in ME1, wasn't for me you'd be dead." All fanboyism aside, I wish they'd either bring both across or none, cos Mass Effect really needs to be played from start to finish to fully appreciate it imo.

Yeah, when I met Wrex I felt like everything I did before this time was irrelevent. I had hoped he would join me instead of Grunt but eh ... Can't have it all.

Cows can always play it on there gaming rigs anyway.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Still the best version is the PC version.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

-Snooze-

Yeah, but there inclusion and continuation into ME2 made the experience better.

Meh to this. I was expecting something like ME1+2 collectors edition or for it to release beforehand. Guess this kills it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 locopatho

-Snooze-

Yeah, when I met Wrex I felt like everything I did before this time was irrelevent. I had hoped he would join me instead of Grunt but eh ... Can't have it all.

Yeah I wanted Wrex too... Maybe in ME3 ay :D
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] For me they are the same thing, my choices made my story, I know people say the choices didn't matter THAT much. But it's just so awesome to run into Wrex in ME2 and think, "Yup glad I saved you back in ME1, wasn't for me you'd be dead." All fanboyism aside, I wish they'd either bring both across or none, cos Mass Effect really needs to be played from start to finish to fully appreciate it imo.locopatho

I can totally see a brofistin' Wrex DLC for ME2.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho

SparkyProtocol

I can totally see a brofistin' Wrex DLC for ME2.

There's an upgrade you can get, think it's called Krogan Skinweave or something. The description was "Every Krogan member of your team gets extra health blah blah"

I was SURE this meant I'd get Wrex in addition to grunt, why bother phrasing it that way if there was only one Krogan? Maybe we will get some DLC in the future, we can only hope!

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts

That;s good, but still it sucks to not be able to import a char from the first one. Hope they somehow get to make the choices of the first, even if it's just from a menu.locopatho
Maybe it's a quiz. The harokians are a dying breed and you've just found a growth stimulant/poison. Do you: A) Try to help the repopulation B) Kill them. Kill them with fire. C) Grab a cuppa and wait for it all to tide over. D) Be a whiny **** a protest to the governemnt

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Mass Effect 2 on the 360 came with a huge database of everything that happened in the original, you don't need to play the first game.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]That;s good, but still it sucks to not be able to import a char from the first one. Hope they somehow get to make the choices of the first, even if it's just from a menu.Indie_Hitman

Maybe it's a quiz. The harokians are a dying breed and you've just found a growth stimulant/poison. Do you: A) Try to help the repopulation B) Kill them. Kill them with fire. C) Grab a cuppa and wait for it all to tide over. D) Be a whiny **** a protest to the governemnt

Lol cup of tea, definately.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gamtrix
People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i think people are making a big deal about not owning the first one, i played it on my 360 for a short time but it was my friends so i never finished it, i was going to get the second one also on my 360 but i'll wait till the ps3 version comes out and i'll just watch youtube vids and wikipedia to catch up. Thats exactly what i did with metal gear solid, i started with snake eater, loved it, watch vids and wikipedia it and i basically knew all there was to know on the metal gear universe so when 4 came out i was sooo excited and knew who everyone was and what was going on without playing 1 or 2, so this isn't a big deal to me and shouldn't be to others. Though if you can you should play the first one

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Snooze-

People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. Gamtrix

You'd lose that bet ... There's an achievement for it which i see a lot of people have.

What are you basing your "facts" off?

"Most of us didn't finish ME1" LOL? I did, several times.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Indie_Hitman

i think people are making a big deal about not owning the first one, i played it on my 360 for a short time but it was my friends so i never finished it, i was going to get the second one also on my 360 but i'll wait till the ps3 version comes out and i'll just watch youtube vids and wikipedia to catch up. Thats exactly what i did with metal gear solid, i started with snake eater, loved it, watch vids and wikipedia it and i basically knew all there was to know on the metal gear universe so when 4 came out i was sooo excited and knew who everyone was and what was going on without playing 1 or 2, so this isn't a big deal to me and shouldn't be to others. Though if you can you should play the first one

Chris_Williams
'0'.... You really should have played MGS1/2. They're definately worth experiencing. I did wiki Metal gear 1 and 2 though :P.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 locopatho
People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. Gamtrix
"No one imports, here's a made up percent, and no one finished it, and it was boring, and we all played across two versions and the decisions had no impact anyway!" I call shenanigans and damage control.
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

Hopefully PS3 users would also be able to make the choices of the first game during that intro segment.

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. locopatho
"No one imports, here's a made up percent, and no one finished it, and it was boring, and we all played across two versions and the decisions had no impact anyway!" I call shenanigans and damage control.

The first game is really flawed and uneven, the choices mostly end up being cameos in 2nd game, Bioware could just delete those to avoid confusion.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gamtrix
[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. locopatho

I'd say the ones damage controlling are the ones saying "Well ME2 without ME1 is pointless". As if dude... I played ME1 untill I made it to the Saron fight, the first fight, I think that was about half way through. And ME2 I stopped early on. If you going to question my reasons, which I understand, low level poster in a new forum and all, take Bioware for it, they were the ones that said that ME2 was made in such a way newcommers could get right into it without ever having played a ME title. The damage control is comming from people denying this.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. -Snooze-

You'd lose that bet ... There's an achievement for it which i see a lot of people have.

Truth I made up my "facts", by I made them up using educated guessing :P Around here I'm sure a lot of people have that achievement, but this is a core gaming forum. Out there I'm positive things are different. And I played a good portion of ME2 without having finished 1 and I fail to see the problem. This is just damage control.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]People complaining about not being able to import the file, that's really nitpicking, I'd bet the number of people that played and finished ME2 that started with an import save file are well under the 15% mark. Most of us didn't finish ME1 cause it got extremely boring towards the middle/end. Some of us played one version on the PC other on the 360. And it's a pretty well known fact the impact that had was really small and unimpressive. Very far from being a game changer some of the people around here are trying to make it seem like. Gamtrix

Truth I made up my "facts", by I made them up using educated guessing :P Around here I'm sure a lot of people have that achievement, but this is a core gaming forum. Out there I'm positive things are different. And I played a good portion of ME2 without having finished 1 and I fail to see the problem. This is just damage control.

I wasn't talking about Gamepsot forums ... I mean in general from the people i've viewed. there is a way to find out though, a quick look at mygamercard.net will show you :)

Educated guess? Well it was certainly a guess ...

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Indie_Hitman
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

I wasn't talking about Gamepsot forums ... I mean in general from the people i've viewed. there is a way to find out though, a quick look at mygamercard.net will show you :)

Educated guess? Well it was certainly a guess ...

But was it an educated guess? [Blows bubble pipe]
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SparkyProtocol

Chris_Williams

Good luck understanding Tali, Garrus and Liara.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

locopatho

It'll be as weird as seeing that Chewbacca and Han Solo are friends without knowing every detail about how they became friends...
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Please make sure to use the sticky