BioShock Vita never started development, executives put it "on hold"

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by quickposter (1709 posts) -

The premise of the Vita was flawed from the start. How much does it cost to develop a high profiled AAA console game 10-20 million. Even more for higher profiled games. Who's gonna put that money behind the Vita for games when the install base in nonexistance. "Console quality on the go" has been a failure for Sony from the start.

jimmypsn

This is why I am surprised people here jumped into this so easily. They see pretty images and claim it will destroy 3DS but PSP was having the same selling point and didn't work.

What exactly convinced people here Sony had learned a lesson? This is a genuine question. I'm curious. The second I saw Uncharted Vita I saw the exact same thing with PSP.

Heck even it's audience. Look at Call of Duty. They were expecting a port and they laughed it off.

#52 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlac

Wiimotefan

Well, I'm not a fanboy like you.

Mmm hmm. I like my PC, PS3, Wii and to a lesser extent, my 360. Such a fanboy.

Anyways, nice dodge lol.

So do I.

Why would I find my "identity"? That's very fanboyish, so you've exposed yourself.

I have no identity in SW. I just play whatever the hell I want. I love my PC and PS3, and my PC is getting the most usage.

#53 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

There's the problem. A PC & console game on a handheld..GamerwillzPS

Must be a wide spread epidemic then since there are plenty of games on all platforms. Like need for speed is something I have enjoyed on pc,console and portable.

#54 Posted by Wiimotefan (4078 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Well, I'm not a fanboy like you.

GamerwillzPS

Anyways, nice dodge lol.

So do I.

Why would I find my "identity"? That's very fanboyish, so you've exposed yourself.

I have no identity in SW. I just play whatever the hell I want. I love my PC and PS3, and my PC is getting the most usage.

Yes you do. You're a dumb ass and a fakeboy. Well known for both. But sure, I "exposed" myself for just calling you out on what we all already know. :lol:

Get the hell out here trying to act like your post history doesn't speak for itself lol.

#55 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Anyways, nice dodge lol.

Wiimotefan

So do I.

Yes you do. You're a dumb ass and a fakeboy. Well known for both. But sure, I "exposed" myself for just calling you out on what we all already know. :lol:

Get the hell out here trying to act like your post history doesn't speak for itself lol.

Your post backfired at you, huh?

All I'm seeing here is insults. I know what that tells me.

#56 Posted by Wiimotefan (4078 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

So do I.

GamerwillzPS

Your post backfired at you, huh?

All I'm seeing here is insults. I know what that tells me.

My first post was an insult to begin with lol. Really, you're not very good at this arguing thing buddy.

#57 Posted by GreySeal9 (24500 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] How did cod turn out bad? Most of the people I've talked to like it as I do. Missing zombies is the only real complaint I've heard.p4s2p0

The multitude of negative reviewers explain why the game is bad in a pretty comprehensive way.

Also, the user score is 5.8. It seems that you're not talking to enough people.

I asked to see if anyone had their own opinion on the matter. The 5.8 user score is only out of 72 people. Can anyone vote on that or do they have to own the game like on psn? Which rated it 4/5 out of 951 people.

You asked how COD turned out bad. Looking at the reviews will explain why COD turned out bad.

I think anyone can vote, but you're not going to convince anyone that there's a positive consensus surrounding this game. The consensus is that it is a disaster. Even FlamesofGrey admits that.

#58 Posted by EvanTheGamer (1123 posts) -

There's the problem. A PC & console game on a handheld...

Vita should stop being a wannabe of other systems and find its own identity.

GamerwillzPS

We agree

#59 Posted by StryderK (3148 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

The premise of the Vita was flawed from the start. How much does it cost to develop a high profiled AAA console game 10-20 million. Even more for higher profiled games. Who's gonna put that money behind the Vita for games when the install base in nonexistance. "Console quality on the go" has been a failure for Sony from the start.

p4s2p0

Psp was successful with that same ideology ."console quality on the go". So I wouldn't say it was a failure from the start.

PSP WAS successful...The games however, except MH in Japan...Nope. Towards the end, you can't find a PSP in the top at all. And when it appears, drop off the face of the map after only a month so no, the premise of "Console experience on the go" wasn't as successful on the PSP either. PSP sold for many reasons, games, especially in the West wasn't one of them.

#60 Posted by AM-Gamer (4040 posts) -

Worst case scenario the Vita will have to be supported by first party which would make it very similar to every Home console released by Nintendo the past 3 generations.

#61 Posted by KarateeeChop (4652 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Wiimotefan

GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlac

:lol:

#62 Posted by AM-Gamer (4040 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

EvanTheGamer

We agree

Thats why I love games like UC;GA and GR it has great games and I cant wait for Soul Sacrafice the vita has quality titles coming to it.

#63 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

The multitude of negative reviewers explain why the game is bad in a pretty comprehensive way.

Also, the user score is 5.8. It seems that you're not talking to enough people.

GreySeal9

I asked to see if anyone had their own opinion on the matter. The 5.8 user score is only out of 72 people. Can anyone vote on that or do they have to own the game like on psn? Which rated it 4/5 out of 951 people.

You asked how COD turned out bad. Looking at the reviews will explain why COD turned out bad.

I think anyone can vote, but you're not going to convince anyone that there's a positive consensus surrounding this game. The consensus is that it is a disaster. Even FlamesofGrey admits that.

No reading the reviews only helps me understand why they think its bad. I think it came out good, like many other people that have played it. Many of my friends like myself consider it the best shooter we have played on portable so far. Only thing I would have added is more multiplayer maps, has 5 wanted at least 6 and zombies. I was expecting it to score around what resistance did on psp, but I think people are being biased because of the dev.
#64 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

No loss, Bioshock was a terrible spiritual successor to System Shock 2 and made by different people. Bioshock had so much promise but a lack of any challenge or scare factor ruined it for me.

1080pOnly
I'd much rather a sequel to System Shock than see another Bioschock game.
#65 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
This reminds me of resident evil PSP. King_Dodongo
I still remember that ... It's like it just vanished.
#66 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

And this is why sales matter.

Newhopes

bad sales; no games. :cry:

#67 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

[QUOTE="Newhopes"]

And this is why sales matter.

Gue1

bad sales; no games. :cry:

Possibly in the long run but so far vita has gotten as many games as psp did despite its sales so far.
#68 Posted by KBFloYd (13838 posts) -

aww man... what a shame... vita is such as great piece of tech

#69 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -
Parallels can be drawn between the PS3's early days and the Vita's early days. It cost too much, and lacks compelling enough software to justify buying one. For the average consumer, anyway.
#70 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I really think the turning point was when they announced the memory cards and stupid high price it would cost for one and some game required you have one. Up till then, there was plenty of hype for the Vita. I know it was the moment I lost interest in the Vita.