Bioshock infinite sells 878k across 3 platforms

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I hope it ends up selling less than Bio1.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
I hope it ends up selling less than Bio1. SAGE_OF_FIRE
God, I don't. I hope it sells more.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Bioflop Infinite.

Stringerboy

:lol:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

I don't think people are reading the "6 days." Or you all work for SE.

Big_Pecks
it's ommited from the title. and in SW, if it's not on the title, it might as well not be anywhere.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#105 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts
[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Lol no.

Some aruge its great story which is subjective and I dissagree but its pretty factual the gameplay is avrage as sh*t. What makes a game a game is the gameplay just fyi.

skrat_01
'What constitues as a great story is subjective but gameplay isn't. Wat. What makes a game what it is, is a whole manner of things. Hence why the firs Bioshock received tons of gushing, despite critics overlooking the games wonky mechanics, and the same can be said about GTA IV's **** design choices and dull dragged out story, or MGS4 on a whole. Infinite isn't perfect in any regard at all, better for the sum of its parts? I'd say so.

No, critics were fooled by this games illusions. The thing is that Infinite hides its flaws for those who don't pay attention. The flaws are under the surface more than at the surface. In fact, its not the sum of its parts, it ends up not adding up in the end. This game is wildly inconsistant and looks rushed and unfinished, which means it was delayed not to polish, but to change. There are some poor story direction as well as some lazy game direction. And really the story isn't all that deep, especially in key areas. Its easily the worst of the Bioshocks.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Really glad it did. Ken was very worried the game wouldn't sell or get enough exposure and I'm really glad it did. 

I would say inb4 trolls say it's terrible but it already happened 

the_bi99man

I feel like alot of the trolls are just people who didn't quite understand the plot.

Remember that 100 page thread with people explaining things to the OP who clearly didn't get it?

Texas Yup.

Oh I got it......but you don't get how it really doesn't work. This is what happens when you sacrifice theme in the name of the plot.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="beganoo"]

Lol no.

Some aruge its great story which is subjective and I dissagree but its pretty factual the gameplay is avrage as sh*t. What makes a game a game is the gameplay just fyi.

texasgoldrush
'What constitues as a great story is subjective but gameplay isn't. Wat. What makes a game what it is, is a whole manner of things. Hence why the firs Bioshock received tons of gushing, despite critics overlooking the games wonky mechanics, and the same can be said about GTA IV's **** design choices and dull dragged out story, or MGS4 on a whole. Infinite isn't perfect in any regard at all, better for the sum of its parts? I'd say so.

No, critics were fooled by this games illusions. The thing is that Infinite hides its flaws for those who don't pay attention. The flaws are under the surface more than at the surface. In fact, its not the sum of its parts, it ends up not adding up in the end. This game is wildly inconsistant and looks rushed and unfinished, which means it was delayed not to polish, but to change. There are some poor story direction as well as some lazy game direction. And really the story isn't all that deep, especially in key areas. Its easily the worst of the Bioshocks.

Sounds like Mass Effect :o
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] 'What constitues as a great story is subjective but gameplay isn't. Wat. What makes a game what it is, is a whole manner of things. Hence why the firs Bioshock received tons of gushing, despite critics overlooking the games wonky mechanics, and the same can be said about GTA IV's **** design choices and dull dragged out story, or MGS4 on a whole. Infinite isn't perfect in any regard at all, better for the sum of its parts? I'd say so.

Sounds like Mass Effect :o

Nope it doesn't...just replayed all three games and except for a couple things...the series is damn consistant.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#109 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Nice, it was a good game yet couldn't beat the first two IMO.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#110 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Heeeeeeeee's baaaaaaack!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] 'What constitues as a great story is subjective but gameplay isn't. Wat. What makes a game what it is, is a whole manner of things. Hence why the firs Bioshock received tons of gushing, despite critics overlooking the games wonky mechanics, and the same can be said about GTA IV's **** design choices and dull dragged out story, or MGS4 on a whole. Infinite isn't perfect in any regard at all, better for the sum of its parts? I'd say so. jessejay420

im glad you think you can pawn your opinion off as fact.

Tell me, is this consistancy? I can shoot a mom and dad in front of their two children at an ice cream shop in solider field and Liz doesn't even say a word, in which five minutes ago, she was freaking out about be killing people that attacked me at the arcade in Battleship Bay. I basically broke the game's logic and it has no answer.

Thats not what a GOTY winner does. This game is a paper castle with the illusion of depth, explore too deeply and you might find its shallow. Deal with it, this game has some problems and people who dig deep will mention these problems.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] im glad you think you can pawn your opinion off as fact.the_bi99man

Tell me, is this consistancy? I can shoot a mom and dad in front of their two children at an ice cream shop in solider field and Liz doesn't even say a word, in which five minutes ago, she was freaking out about be killing people that attacked me at the arcade in Battleship Bay. I basically broke the game's logic and it has no answer.

Thats not what a GOTY winner does. This game is a paper castle with the illusion of depth, explore too deeply and you might find its shallow. Deal with it, this game has some problems and people who dig deep will mention these problems.

It's a video game, where you shoot people, you fvcking idiot. What did you want? Elizabeth screaming and crying the entire time?

Now get off your god damn soap box, stop acting like your opinion is fact, and learn to live with the fact that Bioshock Infinite is a good game, plenty of fun, a better story than 99% of the gaming industry, and a greater achievement for those involved than anything you will ever do.

So I should be able to shoot innocent unarmed people in front of their kids and I am supposed to expect Liz not to say anything?

Why don't you stop acting like its some sort of masterpiece and the second coming of christ? Once again, I have said in past threads Infinite is a good game, just not as great as the first two games. There are a lot more games with better stories than 1% of the industry, and infinite is certainly behind the first two games and many other games, like Deus Ex Human Revolution.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] So I should be able to shoot innocent unarmed people in front of their kids and I am supposed to expect Liz not to say anything?

Why don't you stop acting like its some sort of masterpiece and the second coming of christ? Once again, I have said in past threads Infinite is a good game, just not as great as the first two games. There are a lot more games with better stories than 1% of the industry, and infinite is certainly behind the first two games and many other games, like Deus Ex Human Revolution.

texasgoldrush

I don't remember ever shooting innocent, unarmed people in front of their kids. Pretty sure the game never made you do that. Did you go out of your way to do that, just to see if you could break Elizabeth's character? Maybe they didn't bother writing in a reaction for her in that situation because they didn't expect some self-proclaimed fine literature critic to go running around hunting for ways to exploit the game into doing something weird (as pieces of software are prone to do), just so he has things to cry about on the internet.

And just like this...you see how inferior this game is to something like Deus Ex....to where the designers for the most part, prepare for anything the player does. And once again, paper castle.....gamers will go out of their way to explore the game, how do you not prepare for this?

I played the game 4 times, and never did that. I never felt a desire to shoot the innocent people. Problem's on your end. 

Anyway, I'm not about to get caught up in another of your circle jerks about shit you don't understand, and how it sucks because you don't get it. You've been shit on more than enough, and I've already given you more attention than I intended to.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

I don't remember ever shooting innocent, unarmed people in front of their kids. Pretty sure the game never made you do that. Did you go out of your way to do that, just to see if you could break Elizabeth's character? Maybe they didn't bother writing in a reaction for her in that situation because they didn't expect some self-proclaimed fine literature critic to go running around hunting for ways to exploit the game into doing something weird (as pieces of software are prone to do), just so he has things to cry about on the internet.

the_bi99man

And just like this...you see how inferior this game is to something like Deus Ex....to where the designers for the most part, prepare for anything the player does. And once again, paper castle.....gamers will go out of their way to explore the game, how do you not prepare for this?

I played the game 4 times, and never did that. I never felt a desire to shoot the innocent people. Problem's on your end.

No, its the game's for giving me the freedom to do so, but not following up with the consquences and reactions. The ONLY time where the game reacts to a player's action in a meaningful and intellegent way is when you try to shoot the Lutece's in the bar. Other than that, its dumb as nails.

And no, you fail to understand...it is you. Other games simply just do it better than Bioshock Infinite. And I do undertsand the plot and the narrative. It simply just isn't that good. It has nearly no thematic consistancy. I get it, its like a puzzle where you have to put together the pieces to understand what happens, but here is the thing....they destroyed the games themes making a plot like this. There is no clear good message that comes out of the story because the themes got abandoned or muddled.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Good numbers for a mediocre shooter.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Lol no.

texasgoldrush

And you weren't fooled because you're the only sensible voice out there right? All hail texasgoldrush, arbiter of videogames.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

I'm not going to pay $60 for an 8 hour single-player game.

The_Power_of_X
its worth replaying over and over again many times so its worth $60,in my opinion.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jessejay420

Lol no.

texasgoldrush

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 jessejay420

Just finished it yesterday. Wow people haven't lied, the ending just blew me away.

Glad it's sold well. :)

jackfruitchips
well according to texasgoldrush,the story isnt deep and the game is unfinished and its a fact. so any feelings you have about this game and all the fun you had for that matter,you have to take it back because it didnt happen. because texasgoldrush says its a fact.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

dont get how 878 over three platforms is good sales but i love the game so hoping it sells a couple of million

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, critics were fooled by this games illusions. The thing is that Infinite hides its flaws for those who don't pay attention. The flaws are under the surface more than at the surface. In fact, its not the sum of its parts, it ends up not adding up in the end. This game is wildly inconsistant and looks rushed and unfinished, which means it was delayed not to polish, but to change. There are some poor story direction as well as some lazy game direction. And really the story isn't all that deep, especially in key areas. Its easily the worst of the Bioshocks.texasgoldrush

It's a video game, where you shoot people, you fvcking idiot. What did you want? Elizabeth screaming and crying the entire time?

Now get off your god damn soap box, stop acting like your opinion is fact, and learn to live with the fact that Bioshock Infinite is a good game, plenty of fun, a better story than 99% of the gaming industry, and a greater achievement for those involved than anything you will ever do.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 the_bi99man

dont get how 878 over three platforms is good sales but i love the game so hoping it sells a couple of million

Mario1331

In 6 days. And not counting PC/Digital Downloads/steam. And only in the US.

Those numbers are fantastic. Very few games outside of the yearly rehash franchises achieve even close to that.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

the_bi99man

Those numbers are fantastic. Very few games outside of the yearly rehash franchises achieve even close to that.

its across 3 platforms.....

it isnt that good to me its "alright" especially the prestige bioshock has

im pretty sure it will sell more though

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Mario1331

its across 3 platforms.....

it isnt that good to me its "alright" especially the prestige bioshock has

im pretty sure it will sell more though

It's still only physical copies, which probably make up less than 10% of the PC version sales. And it's only US. And it's just the first 6 days. By any standards, those are damn good sales numbers. 

Also, it should be noted that even despite rumors of the game costing 2K as much as $200 million including the marketing campaign, they're happy with the numbers. They said it's already outsold their expectations by a couple hundred thousand copies.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Tell me, is this consistancy? I can shoot a mom and dad in front of their two children at an ice cream shop in solider field and Liz doesn't even say a word, in which five minutes ago, she was freaking out about be killing people that attacked me at the arcade in Battleship Bay. I basically broke the game's logic and it has no answer.

texasgoldrush

So I should be able to shoot innocent unarmed people in front of their kids and I am supposed to expect Liz not to say anything?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
I hope this sells more considering the how much $$$ went into developing this game.
alien1280rhys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 alien1280rhys
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts

Love how some people think this game is overly pretentious...wonder how they'd react to Avant Garde cinema xD

>>Serene Velocity (1970)<< (full version 35 mins)

>>Wavelength (1967)<<

>>Empire (1964)<< (full version of this is 8 hours... Was shot over six and a half hours, but he slowed it down)

>>Blow Job (1964)<< (full version 35 mins)

Also Check out "The Cremaster Cycle" (if you buy the five films on DVD, it will cost you $100,000). 

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Love how some people think this game is overly pretentious...wonder how they'd react to Avant Garde cinema xD

>>Serene Velocity (1970)<< (full version 35 mins)

>>Wavelength (1967)<<

>>Empire (1964)<< (full version of this is 8 hours... Was shot over six and a half hours, but he slowed it down)

>>Blow Job (1964)<< (full version 35 mins)

Also Check out "The Cremaster Cycle" (if you buy the five films on DVD, it will cost you $100,000). 

alien1280rhys
WTF?