Bioshock infinite review changed, now has a 4 instead of 9.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

I actually agree with everything said in the review. Giving it a 4 is a little harsh. I'd give it a 6.5.

The environments are beautifully done, but the gameplay is shallow and repetitive, uninspired level design, the story was uninteresting, the acting felt disconnected, and the game was just very annoying to play.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

According to Gamerankings.com theres only 38 games that have ever been scored a 4/10 or lower. No credible review would give a highly polished game like Infinite a score thats among the worst of all time.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Cranler

@the_bi99man said:

@Desmonic said:

@lightleggy said:

Seems Mcshea didnt liked the game

Wait...isn't McShea's review in this instance just a user review like anyone of us could make? It's just him giving his opinion on the game as an user/fan, not as a reviewer, since the main page for Bioshock Infinite still show's the 9.0 review score. Why is everybody so worried again...? :/

Some people still aren't understanding the new "second opinion" system is GS is starting to use. With big name/heavily hyped games, they're going to be doing second, unofficial reviews, from other staff members. The original review is still the official one, the one that shows on the main page, and the one that represents GS on Metacritic, and so on.

Or maybe its the fact that its an obvious troll review. A cheap, easy way for a site to get hits is a troll review.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#254 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Cranler: The trouble is, trolling your own readers causes your credibility to fall into the toilet and harms you a lot in the long run when people get bored of it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#255  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@DocSanchez: It's just an opinion of one person, and not some historical fact. Get over it.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

this is what happens when you make a game for console gamers.

look at crysis, 9.5 for pc. crysi2 to 8.5 for pc and crysis 3 for only console. to 7.5 for console.

It literally diminishes the quality.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

@beganoo: No, actually, only the official gamespot scores matter in system wars. Second opinions have not been incorporated into the meta game yet and probably never will be. 9/10 is the official score and that's what it will stay. Tom's score is unofficial, it's worth no more than some random user review. You might as well put a link to your own review of the game for all it's worth.

And yea, back off on the other point. As wrong as it already was, you were terrible at expressing it.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@beganoo: No, actually, only the official gamespot scores matter in system wars. Second opinions have not been incorporated into the meta game yet and probably never will be. 9/10 is the official score and that's what it will stay. Tom's score is unofficial, it's worth no more than some random user review. You might as well put a link to your own review of the game for all it's worth.

And yea, back off on the other point. As wrong as it already was, you were terrible at expressing it.

Oh so you are the boss who makes the rules for SW now? Hes one of the main reviewers on the site and he gave it a score.Ofcourse it matters in SW. Dont make up shit up.Offical this offical that my ass.Its like the stupid made up rules kindergarteners would come up with for thier littel games. More damage control please !

Also not being less hateful is "worng"? You are pure trash my friend. :)

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Vaasman

@beganoo said:

@Vaasman said:

Oh so you are the boss who makes the rules for SW now? Hes one of the main reviewers on the site and he gave it a score.Ofcourse it matters in SW. Dont make up shit up.Offical this offical that my ass.Its like the stupid made up rules kindergarteners would come up with for thier littel games. More damage control please !

Hey don't look at me, I don't make the rules. it's a 9/10 and it stays a 9/10 AAA game until we decide collectively as a community that second opinions matter. That's why it's called a metagame. Until such a time, it doesn't count. You can either accept that or not, it doesn't really matter because it is what it is, a 9/10 game. We've had whole threads discussing what to count. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to make a thread asking if we should count them. Until then, only official scores count, which Tom's is not.

And yea, it is "worng." Hating an individual you've talked to is one thing, but hating an entire demographic is ridiculous. I've met pedophiles before. Many of them know it's wrong and become extremely frustrated or depressed because they know they can't do anything about it and they have no desire to hurt anyone. One guy went his entire life alone to avoid anything remotely tempting. That you flat out hate an entire set of people you've never interacted with on any level, means you are ignorant, plain and simple.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I actually completely agree with his write up. Maybe not the end score but certainly his points.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

I agree with McShea, but the score should be a 6 not a 4.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#262 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

Sneaky Sneaky gamespot...

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 beganoo

@Vaasman said:

@beganoo said:

@Vaasman said:

Hey don't look at me, I don't make the rules. it's a 9/10 and it stays a 9/10 AAA game until we decide collectively as a community that second opinions matter. That's why it's called a metagame. Until such a time, it doesn't count. You can either accept that or not, it doesn't really matter because it is what it is, a 9/10 game. We've had whole threads discussing what to count. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to make a thread asking if we should count them. Until then, only official scores count, which Tom's is not.

And yea, it is "worng." Hating an individual you've talked to is one thing, but hating an entire demographic is ridiculous. I've met pedophiles before. Many of them know it's wrong and become extremely frustrated or depressed because they know they can't do anything about it and they have no desire to hurt anyone. One guy went his entire life alone to avoid anything remotely tempting. That you flat out hate an entire set of people you've never interacted with on any level, means you are ignorant, plain and simple.

Obviously I'm talking about pedophiles that act on their sick urges. Why would I hate someone for being born a certain way or whatever. As long as you are not hurting anyone else you can be as fucked up as you please.

Anyway you are full of shit on those scores. You talked about it in a thread ?!! Well f*ck me, sound the alarm !!!

"Collectively as a community my ass".No one agrees. Maybe use your common sense ?

Its a gamespot ediotrs opinion. It counts. Cry as much as you want about it.Wont change that.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

look at crysis, 9.5 for pc. crysi2 to 8.5 for pc and crysis 3 for only console. to 7.5 for console.

No, Crytek was going for COD type success. COD was born on pc.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Vaasman

@beganoo: System wars meta says otherwise, metacritic says otherwise, and gamespot says otherwise, since this isn't even marked as a feature, primary review, it's an "other take" review. It's score isn't even listed unless you click on the review's page. Sorry, the second opinion reviews it count for nothing. You're just desperate for any shred of validation you can get, and it's sad that you're clinging so much to this single worthless review, as if it's changed a single thing. It didn't, and it likely never will. It's a 9 and it will stay a 9, it's about time you just accepted it and moved on.

And as a matter of fact, yes, the community did agree on a lot of things at one point. Do you think the concepts of factions, flops, ownage, AAA-AA-A systems just sprang up from nothing? I guess you'd have to have been a long time regular to really understand it anyway.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By beganoo

@Vaasman said:

@beganoo: System wars meta says otherwise, metacritic says otherwise, and gamespot says otherwise, since this isn't even marked as a feature, primary review, it's an "other take" review. It's score isn't even listed unless you click on the review's page. Sorry, the second opinion reviews it count for nothing. You're just desperate for any shred of validation you can get, and it's sad that you're clinging so much to this single worthless review, as if it's changed a single thing. It didn't, and it likely never will. It's a 9 and it will stay a 9, it's about time you just accepted it and moved on.

And as a matter of fact, yes, the community did agree on a lot of things at one point. Do you think the concepts of factions, flops, ownage, AAA-AA-A systems just sprang up from nothing? I guess you'd have to have been a long time regular to really understand it anyway.

Well no one said SW is not one of the most irrational shit holes on the interent. Don't think many would argue that.Makes sense you like to spend so much time in here.

I'm just glad the game is getting exposed now wen the hype is gone.Called it wen the first came out too.This thing is abomination of worthless hype that blinded many.its the best example this gen how hype can be harmful.You play your pretend numbers and meta who-givrs-a-shit-exept-idiots game.Wont chage the fact the game is as meh as it gets. Just look at how many people in this very thread agree with toms review (not the score mind you, the review. I would socre it differently too).

You have every defining quality of a crazy ass fnaboy on these boards with exception you try to hide it and you actually do ok job at it (most try and fail).You'r just salty as **** your syste... I mean game is getting exposed for trash.Too bad. :>

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Vaasman

@beganoo said:

@Vaasman said:

Well no one said SW is not one of the most irrational shit holes on the interent. Don't think many would argue that.Makes sense you like to spend so much time in here.

I'm just glad the game is getting exposed now wen the hype is gone.Called it wen the first came out too.This thing is abomination of worthless hype that blinded many.its the best example this gen how hype can be harmful.You play your pretend numbers and meta who-givrs-a-shit-exept-idiots game.Wont chage the fact the game is as meh as it gets. Just look at how many people in this very thread agree with toms review (not the score mind you, the review. I would socre it differently too).

You have every defining quality of a crazy ass fnaboy on these boards with exception you try to hide it and you actually do ok job at it (most try and fail).You'r just salty as **** your syste... I mean game is getting exposed for trash.Too bad. :>

Except none of that is true and none of that changes what I said. The review doesn't matter anywhere relevant, period the end. Even if you think system wars is stupid, it doesn't matter at metacritic or even to the games primary review at gamespot. It changed nothing and will likely never change anything, here or anywhere else. You're only using it because it's the only thing you can hold on to, and now you're basically proving with this last post that even trying to hold onto that little bit is just too much. All you're doing now is just showing off how you've already come undone at the seams.

It would be best for us all if you just packed up and moved on to the next game. You can't change reality with one worthless review. You have nothing to back your statements up but rabid ranting.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

No, Crytek was going for COD type success. COD was born on pc.

It's Jankarcop, he's a one-trick pony. Just let him say his things and hopefully he'll leave feeling triumphant.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#269  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Cranler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Desmonic said:

@lightleggy said:

Seems Mcshea didnt liked the game

Wait...isn't McShea's review in this instance just a user review like anyone of us could make? It's just him giving his opinion on the game as an user/fan, not as a reviewer, since the main page for Bioshock Infinite still show's the 9.0 review score. Why is everybody so worried again...? :/

Some people still aren't understanding the new "second opinion" system is GS is starting to use. With big name/heavily hyped games, they're going to be doing second, unofficial reviews, from other staff members. The original review is still the official one, the one that shows on the main page, and the one that represents GS on Metacritic, and so on.

Or maybe its the fact that its an obvious troll review. A cheap, easy way for a site to get hits is a troll review.

That's very possible, and I understand why people would disagree with that, but the thing is that there still seems to be several people who are under the impression that the score has been changed, and this is the new official review, and the old one doesn't count anymore. Which is obviously not true.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

You know someone is desperate when he has to resort to constant Ad Hominem.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 beganoo

@rjdofu said:

You know someone is desperate when he has to resort to constant Ad Hominem.

Yep yep I do that but you should check out hes repertoar too.Welcome to the iternet bro.

The important thing here is ifinite is slowly but surely going down the shitter as it should.The fanboys can weave their hands and scream all they want.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#273 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

People still haven't learned not to take this guy seriously?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

^ people don't come to system wars to learn. They come to test my patience

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#275  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

that's why i can't take this guy serious or the reviews on this site serious

Avatar image for deactivated-59cda6205cc59
deactivated-59cda6205cc59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#276  Edited By deactivated-59cda6205cc59
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and reviewers are just some guys who give their opinions about a game.That being said, him giving a game of that caliber a 4 just proves (to me at least) that he is the most un-reliable of game reviewers, the least useful and the one who has less influence in my buying decisions.