Bioshock Infinite is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to the industry

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by _Judge_Gabranth (257 posts) -

The fact that this mediocre game(I might being a little generous) is hailed by critics as one of the greatest games ever by critics is laughable. It does nothing new and the previous games in the series do what it does but better. The gaming media is going to set the industry back 10 years if they keep pushing crap like this

#2 Posted by jackfruitchips (1066 posts) -

*insert popcorn eating gif*

#3 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

Hooray, more Bioshock Infinite bashing threads. We almost went a day without one, that was close

#4 Posted by ShoulderOfOrion (3435 posts) -
Unfollowed TC.
#5 Posted by biggest_loser (24083 posts) -
This sounds like a troll post but sadly he's not wrong. Its an average shooter with a complex story. The game play and the narrative never meet though. It is embarrassing that it has a metascore of 96 or something. Is this really the best we can do?
#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8515 posts) -

*insert popcorn eating gif*

jackfruitchips
Beat me to it. Seems like there's an "Bioshock Infinite sucks" thread everyday around here.
#7 Posted by silversix_ (14982 posts) -
what you've said goes nicely if you were talking about GTA4 or MGS4 but not Infinite. Infinite was awesome sauce.
#8 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

Well this thread is completely new and fresh. Not hipster at all!

#9 Posted by jackfruitchips (1066 posts) -

Well this thread is completely new and fresh. Not hipster at all!

Frostbite24
Very original thread. Kudos to TC for being creative :lol:
#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (43728 posts) -

Quite the obsession you have...

10637966.png

54462436.png

#11 Posted by Gatman32 (442 posts) -

The fact that this mediocre game(I might being a little generous) is hailed by critics as one of the greatest games ever by critics is laughable. It does nothing new and the previous games in the series do what it does but better. The gaming media is going to set the industry back 10 years if they keep pushing crap like this

_Judge_Gabranth
.........shutup.
#12 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I agree somewhat, but this is hyperbole.

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8515 posts) -

10637966.png

54462436.png

lundy86_4
:lol: I can't help but think of Shadowmoses's "pissed as hell" blog. :lol:
#14 Posted by jackfruitchips (1066 posts) -

10637966.png

54462436.png

lundy86_4
oh wow didn't know he's so obsessed with it :lol:
#15 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Well at least you put more than the single sentence you had in your GGD thread

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (43728 posts) -

:lol: I can't help but think of Shadowmoses's "pissed as hell" blog. :lol:speedfreak48t5p

That blog was awesome.

oh wow didn't know he's so obsessed with it :lol:jackfruitchips

It's kinda worrying :? Ha.

#17 Posted by youngmurk911 (3866 posts) -
what you've said goes nicely if you were talking about GTA4 or MGS4 but not Infinite. Infinite was awesome sauce.silversix_
what? how.......those games were amazing
#18 Posted by silversix_ (14982 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]what you've said goes nicely if you were talking about GTA4 or MGS4 but not Infinite. Infinite was awesome sauce.youngmurk911

MGS4 is far from 10/10 worthy, FAR and gta4 is same crap with new characters all the time, again, far from 10/10 status GS gave both. I beat mgs4 back in 09 and it was worst than mgs1 and mgs3 which both scored way lower... I hate gta kind of games (brainless open world that you drive b*tches from one side of town to another) so my opinion is kind bias when it comes to gta but not MGS, LOVE mgs.

#19 Posted by _Judge_Gabranth (257 posts) -

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"][QUOTE="silversix_"]what you've said goes nicely if you were talking about GTA4 or MGS4 but not Infinite. Infinite was awesome sauce.silversix_

MGS4 is far from 10/10 worthy, FAR and gta4 is same crap with new characters all the time, again, far from 10/10 status GS gave both. I beat mgs4 back in 09 and it was worst than mgs1 and mgs3 which both scored way lower... I hate gta kind of games (brainless open world that you drive b*tches from one side of town to another) so my opinion is kind bias when it comes to gta but not MGS, LOVE mgs.

Those games still didnt get the credit Infinite did

#20 Posted by silversix_ (14982 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"] what? how.......those games were amazing_Judge_Gabranth

because they were worst, way worst. The only negativity Infinite has is its too linear (some also didn't like combat much but i always liked Bio combat so meh) everything else is stellar and deserves what it gets. If you don't like Bioshock, you don't like story driven fps's or have no taste in gaming...

#21 Posted by _Judge_Gabranth (257 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Judge_Gabranth"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]MGS4 is far from 10/10 worthy, FAR and gta4 is same crap with new characters all the time, again, far from 10/10 status GS gave both. I beat mgs4 back in 09 and it was worst than mgs1 and mgs3 which both scored way lower... I hate gta kind of games (brainless open world that you drive b*tches from one side of town to another) so my opinion is kind bias when it comes to gta but not MGS, LOVE mgs.

silversix_

because they were worst, way worst. The only negativity Infinite has is its too linear (some also didn't like combat much but i always liked Bio combat so meh) everything else is stellar and deserves what it gets. If you don't like Bioshock, you don't like story driven fps's or have no taste in gaming...

The problem is I like good games

#22 Posted by Jankarcop (9839 posts) -

He's an EA plant.

#23 Posted by Jankarcop (9839 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

10637966.png

54462436.png

jackfruitchips

oh wow didn't know he's so obsessed with it :lol:

#24 Posted by Shimmy-Ya (3 posts) -
i would rather bioshock infinite copycats than call of duty copycats. infinite's success is a good thing imo but the combat is basic, i agree.
#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (48695 posts) -

33u61k8.gif.

#26 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

#27 Posted by madsnakehhh (14593 posts) -

I loved Infinite, deal with it.

#28 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16681 posts) -

Between the opinions of the critics and the TC's, I think I'll trust the critics more.

#29 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You say this like it isn't the norm within the review industry.
#30 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Bioshock is amazing.

#31 Posted by jessejay420 (3845 posts) -
there is a reason why you dont review games....because you suck at it
#32 Posted by jessejay420 (3845 posts) -

10637966.png

54462436.png

lundy86_4
now thats embarrassing :lol:
#33 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4040 posts) -

I proclaim today to be national punch a hipster day!!

#34 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

It's overrated.

But it's hardly 'the most embarrassing thing  to ever happen'. That award goes to the WarZ or maybe Diablo 3 DRM.

#35 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

This sounds like a troll post but sadly he's not wrong. Its an average shooter with a complex story. The game play and the narrative never meet though. It is embarrassing that it has a metascore of 96 or something. Is this really the best we can do? biggest_loser

Agreed.

#36 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

10637966.png

54462436.png

lundy86_4
Pathetic.
#37 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11949 posts) -

Such a well thoughtout thread. Seriously so amazing.

#38 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14680 posts) -

gdamn dude, I don't think the game deserves the rediculous praise it's received from several "intergral journalist's," either, but this is like your 5th thread on this exact same crap..

No ones even talking about Bioshock anymore.

#39 Posted by Basinboy (11271 posts) -

This f***tard again....

#42 Posted by SASASackguzzler (25 posts) -
Very few companys can actually pull off a decent game using a licensed engine. duke nuke 3d,blood,shadow warrior,redneck rampage,kingpin are some of those games. Developers now are too casual not core enough to create great games like that now though.
#43 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

ive never played infinite but i can accurately say its the worst game that ever existed.

#44 Posted by musalala (2227 posts) -

Did bioshock infinte kill your  puppy or something.....

#45 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
is this the only reason you're here for? to bash Bioshock Infinite?
#46 Posted by MrGeezer (56665 posts) -
because they were worst, way worst. The only negativity Infinite has is its too linear (some also didn't like combat much but i always liked Bio combat so meh) everything else is stellar and deserves what it gets. If you don't like Bioshock, you don't like story driven fps's or have no taste in gaming...silversix_
I've gotta stop you here and disagree. Someone previously mentioned that it's a good story, but that the disconnect between the story and the gameplay is jarring. I've gotta agree with that. It's like, why the f*** am I shooting ravens and electricity out of my hands, and doing f***ing mind control? The game at least goes to some half-assed attempt to explain the tears in the fabric of space-time, but it doesn't explain how the **** I'm summoning crows or shooting goddamn lightning. At least the previous Bioshock games made an equally half-assed attempt to explain this through genetic engineering (or some kind of bull$***, I don't think it really matters). Or maybe they did explain it. Maybe the explanation was on a "voxophone" or something, and I just missed it. That brings me to another key complaint. Whether or not anyone thinks the story is GOOD, this absolutely is a story based game. I think that most people can absolutely say that this game is more about the story than it is about the gameplay. So why the bloody f*** am I still having to look in every nook and cranny for ammunition and money and lockpicks? Isn't that a bunch of bull$***? Just like the Little Sister collections in Bioshock 2, that's basically just GRINDING. It's a chore, it's just busy work. I'm not saying that's inherently bad. But for a game as heavily story-oriented as Bioshock Infinite, it's total f***ing bull$***. It just completely brings the narrative flow to a halt and ruins the pacing, just so I can find ammo and money with which to upgrade and become more powerful. It's exactly the same as that bull$*** "dungeon grinding" crap that is so famous with RPGs. And don't tell me that that complaint is crap since I don't have to do that. It's still a STORY oriented game full of CHARACTERS. Yet, a lot of the characters' thoughts and reflections are exclusively found in voxophones that are hidden behind locked doors. This creates the utterly bull$*** scenario in which we have a story driven game, but you don't get to learn the whole story until you grind for coins and lockpicks, (searching every garbage can and dead enemy): a gameplay mechanic which actually brings the story to a screeching halt. And for that matter, if I can buy "vigors" from f***ing vending machines, then why the hell am I the only goddamn person in the entire game who uses them? That doesn't make any sense. The idea of such $*** being dispensed from vending machines in such an ideal utopian society is bull$*** to begin with. But furthermore, why the hell am I the only one who has these abilitities, when they're common enough to be dispensed by vending machines and I'm being attacked by every goddamn soldier and officer in the city? Sure, they can send all the forces to stop me, but they can't afford to give their soldiers a few bucks to buy some vigors, even after I've made it more than halfway through the game and slaughtered anyone who tried to stop me? This game is bipolar as f***. Or confused, or something. It wants to be some grand gaming achievement that elevates the genre, but half of it is getting held back by the conventions of the genre which are at odds with with being looked at respectably. Don't get me wrong, I still love it and I think it's great. But it just feels wrong. It's like...I loved Painkiller as well, but at least that entire game was dumb as s***. It was consistent, even if what it did was dumb as hell. But with the Bioshock games, I just get the feeling that it's half great and half stupid, and the stupid $*** that's in there just doesn't fit and ends up dragging everything else down along with it.
#47 Posted by Gue1 (10409 posts) -

This sounds like a troll post but sadly he's not wrong. Its an average shooter with a complex story. The game play and the narrative never meet though. It is embarrassing that it has a metascore of 96 or something. Is this really the best we can do? biggest_loser

#48 Posted by KiZZo1 (3965 posts) -

To me it's overrated, but then again, you can find people saying that for any high scoring game.

#49 Posted by freedomfreak (41386 posts) -
Oh yes. Another highly acclaimed game we're going to bash to shit out of. Good stuff. I'm off to play this mechanically flawed indie game now, but my lawd, it has this awsum retro look!
#50 Posted by RR360DD (12124 posts) -
You again. Please stop, no one cares about your crappy opinion on Infinite