Bioshock > Playstation 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DiscoDevistated
DiscoDevistated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DiscoDevistated
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Everytime I see bioshock my chin hits the floor. The game looks way better [graphiclly] than anything on the Playstation 3 so far. And everything on the Xbox 360. However I do understand that the PS3 might get Bioshock. However just like the 360 getting Metal Gear Solid 4 I very likely doubt it. But look at this video and these pictures and give me something on the PS3 that looks better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABj4Gdul4Do

Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts
Whats stoping them from going on their computer and playing it?
Avatar image for paranoid-monkey
paranoid-monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paranoid-monkey
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
Yeah the game does look promising, but what are you trying to prove here?
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Whats stoping them from going on their computer and playing it?Super-Trooper

High Reqs? I dunno... Bioshock doesn't really appeal to me. Flame me all you want, I won't think of buying it unless I get my hands on a demo and see for myself.

I mean graphically, it owns, but eh... The story and plot doesn't appeal to me all so much...

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Opinion = Fact? :?

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Whats stoping them from going on their computer and playing it?Super-Trooper

The fact that its not "teh console" means they cant play it. I mean, didnt you hear? If its on the PC that automatically means its not even the same game any more. Or that they can play it. Thats how it works in System Wars. We ignore systems with poor justifications because we cant effectively counter the argument.

I mean, its not on teh console.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
I do not think any one game is better then a console and all the games with it and that includes any PS3 games. I do think though Bioshock does look AMAZING and not just the graphics which do look great but game play also.
tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"]Whats stoping them from going on their computer and playing it?XaosII

The fact that its not "teh console" means they cant play it. I mean, didnt you hear? If its on the PC that automatically means its not even the same game any more. Or that they can play it. Thats how it works in System Wars. We ignore systems with poor justifications because we cant effectively counter the argument.

I mean, its not on teh console.

:lol: I know what you mean, just like Gears it's a different game! Oh wait Gears will be better on the PC right? :P

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Bold statement for a game that is not out yet.
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
Graphically it looks great.  However, I am not sold on the gameplay.  It looks like it may be one of those games that is more work than fun.  Hopefully I am wrong.

I don't really see your point--as the PS3 has many graphically amazing games.  A game called WarDevil does look better and will be out in 2008.  Killzone looks better and it will be out in 2008.  Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Uncharted all look graphically stunning--but they are hard to compare as the art **** are so drastically different.

I really don't see your point.  Yeah, 360 has nice graphics and so does PS3.  What is the point of all of this?
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"]Whats stoping them from going on their computer and playing it?Smakkjoo

High Reqs? I dunno... Bioshock doesn't really appeal to me. Flame me all you want, I won't think of buying it unless I get my hands on a demo and see for myself.

I mean graphically, it owns, but eh... The story and plot doesn't appeal to me all so much...

me neither, itlooks awsome and all but to me it's just another FPS with Awsome Graphics, so I need a demo or I'll rentbefore agreeing with tc

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpruceCaboose

:lol: I know what you mean, just like Gears it's a different game! Oh wait Gears will be better on the PC right? :P

tonythestudent

Or like that I (and many 360 owners) have already played and beaten Gears. Waiting for a game is not fun, and its also one of the reasons that no PC gamers are "mad" that Half-Life 2 is going to consoles, because the game had its moment, and is no longer the new, gotta have it, game.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
That video is absoloutely stunning. Those water effects are unbelievable.
jasospai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jasospai
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts

I do not think any one game is better then a console and all the games with it and that includes any PS3 games. I do think though Bioshock does look AMAZING and not just the graphics which do look great but game play also.Eltroz

how can anyone comment on gameplay if they havent played the game i'm getting tired of this.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XaosII
[QUOTE="tonythestudent"]

SpruceCaboose

Or like that I (and many 360 owners) have already played and beaten Gears. Waiting for a game is not fun, and its also one of the reasons that no PC gamers are "mad" that Half-Life 2 is going to consoles, because the game had its moment, and is no longer the new, gotta have it, game.

So, i guess you picked up FEAR for the PC first before picking up your 360 copy since you didnt want to wait, right?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="tonythestudent"]

SpruceCaboose

or maybe its because when HL2 comes to the consoles its not getting any new content?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="tonythestudent"]

XaosII

So, i guess you picked up FEAR for the PC first before picking up your 360 copy since you didnt want to wait, right?

If my PC would have ran FEAR, yes I would have. But my PC would not have supported FEAR at the time, and I really only picked it up on 360 because of word of mouth.

Quite simply, if you want to play a game (Gears, MGS4, Crysis, etc) you would buy it on the first system available that was feasible. Saying, yeah ok, I'd like (for example) to play Halo 2, but I'll wait two years and get it on PC strikes me as flat-out odd.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="tonythestudent"]

cobrax75

or maybe its because when HL2 comes to the consoles its not getting any new content?

Funny, it seems to be 4 games for the price of one. That seems to be enough of a value proposition.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="tonythestudent"]

SpruceCaboose

Funny, it seems to be 4 games for the price of one. That seems to be enough of a value proposition.

except the orange box is on the PC too.....

and there you get CSS, DOD:S, garry's mods....and a whole bunch of other stuff as well.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I was interested in Bioshock at the beginning, but now I'm not that interested, but I still got my eye on it. I do however agree with the topic title. Bioshock > Playstation 3

chikkkenbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 chikkkenbutt
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts
first off, killzone looks better and the ps3 has many games with amazing graphics. i really dont see the point in all of this as well... waitaminute... r u one of those 360 f***- i mean fanboys that is h8n on the ps3??? and i also dont see the gameplay being that gr8 either. It looks kind of robotic instead of being natural and human-like.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XaosII
If my PC would have ran FEAR, yes I would have. But my PC would not have supported FEAR at the time, and I really only picked it up on 360 because of word of mouth.

Quite simply, if you want to play a game (Gears, MGS4, Crysis, etc) you would buy it on the first system available that was feasible. Saying, yeah ok, I'd like (for example) to play Halo 2, but I'll wait two years and get it on PC strikes me as flat-out odd.

SpruceCaboose

But waiting an entire year for FEAR doesnt strike you as odd?

Quite simply, you didnt get FEAR because you didnt have a PC capable of it. You didnt want to invest money on getting it to run for the PC, so you had no problems waiting or ignoring the game until the 360 version came out. Nothing wrong with that.

Why is it so seemingly difficult to apply that to a 360 game on the PC?

I dont want to spend $400 on a system that largely shares alot of the games i can get already. I dont care waiting a year + (remember, even Gears hasnt reached a full year yet) for a title. 360 owners werent in tears waiting for FEAR, PC gamers werent in tears waiting for Halo or Gears.

r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
Can't people ever just say "this game looks awesome" without bashing another system in the same sentence? I mean, I'm definitely getting Bioshock, but come on...
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpruceCaboose

and there you get CSS, DOD:S, garry's mods....and a whole bunch of other stuff as well.

cobrax75

If you bought them all at once, instead of buying them when they first came out.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

SpruceCaboose

If you bought them all at once, instead of buying them when they first came out.

it goes without saying that the price of anything comes down over time.....

HL2 itself is like $20 now.

besides...Valve sells many bundle of their games....

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpruceCaboose

But waiting an entire year for FEAR doesnt strike you as odd?

Quite simply, you didnt get FEAR because you didnt have a PC capable of it. You didnt want to invest money on getting it to run for the PC, so you had no problems waiting or ignoring the game until the 360 version came out. Nothing wrong with that.

Why is it so seemingly difficult to apply that to a 360 game on the PC?

I dont want to spend $400 on a system that largely shares alot of the games i can get already. I dont care waiting a year + (remember, even Gears hasnt reached a full year yet) for a title. 360 owners werent in tears waiting for FEAR, PC gamers werent in tears waiting for Halo or Gears.

XaosII

I am not talking about any one system to another specifically. And no, FEAR wasn't something that I just had to get, or I would have upgraded the PC to play it. It became a convienince that it was on a system I owned that was slim on titles ATM, so I picked it up. Like it? Yeah. But I wasn't waiting for it or anticipating it. I wasn't hyping it, and I could not have told you anything about the game before I got it.

But those are two different arguements. I am talking more about people who really want to play a certain game. Honestly, I would never have missed FEAR had I not played it. Is it a good game, yes. But was it something I followed or "waited" for? No.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Firstly, I don't think Bioshock > PS3's entire lineup, and secondly, I think this game will make its way to the PS3 anyway.

This game has excellent graphics, and I think the ideas implented (from what I've heard) are pretty cool.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpruceCaboose

cobrax75

You are kinda missing my point. If you were a Half-Life 2 fan, you bought the game when (or around) when it came out, and you most likely bought (and are going to buy) the episodic content when it releases.

If you are a console gamer, in leu of added content, you get to buy the full game, both expansions, and a seperate multiplayer game for the price of one current gen game. That is added value right there, without content added.

Is it going to entice players who already played H-L2, of course not for the most part. But it is still added value.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

SpruceCaboose

You are kinda missing my point. If you were a Half-Life 2 fan, you bought the game when (or around) when it came out, and you most likely bought (and are going to buy) the episodic content when it releases.

If you are a console gamer, in leu of added content, you get to buy the full game, both expansions, and a seperate multiplayer game for the price of one current gen game. That is added value right there, without content added.

Is it going to entice players who already played H-L2, of course not for the most part. But it is still added value.

thats like me being jelous of a PC gamer who buyes HL2 now for $20....when I bought it for $50....

it makes no sence at all....of coursse the price of everything goes down over time....that goes without saying.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]I do not think any one game is better then a console and all the games with it and that includes any PS3 games. I do think though Bioshock does look AMAZING and not just the graphics which do look great but game play also.jasospai

how can anyone comment on gameplay if they havent played the game i'm getting tired of this.

KZ2 and Halo you're not tired of?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

cobrax75

thats like me being jelous of a PC gamer who buyes HL2 now for $20....when I bought it for $50....

it makes no sence at all....of coursse the price of everything goes down over time....that goes without saying.

We just aren't seeing eye to eye here...

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

SpruceCaboose

We just aren't seeing eye to eye here...

how so?

what your saying is that you get a great value for $60 on the consoles....however on the PC....its the same exact deal for $50.

now obviously its a better deal then what most PC gamers bought the game for....but its been 3 years....of course the game costs a lot less now.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpruceCaboose

how so?

what your saying is that you get a great value for $60 on the consoles....however on the PC....its the same exact deal for $50.

now obviously its a better deal then what most PC gamers bought the game for....but its been 3 years....of course the game costs a lot less now.

cobrax75

I agree, but this "now obviously its a better deal then what most PC gamers bought the game for" is what I was talking about. I know you can get it now for cheaper, butspecifically, that is what I was meaning.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

how so?

SpruceCaboose

I agree, but this "now obviously its a better deal then what most PC gamers bought the game for" is what I was talking about. I know you can get it now for cheaper, butspecifically, that is what I was meaning.

of course its a better deal now then what most PC gamers bought it for....thats the way price drops always work....HL2 itself is like $20...so of course its a better deal now then when it was $50 3 yeasr ago....but thats the way price drops always work.