Bioshock Coming To iPhone and iPad

• 63 results
#1 Posted by charizard1605 (56289 posts) -

Well, I legitimately don't know what to say to that. I guess I hope they adapt the controls properly?

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

#3 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

Meh. Welcome to 2007 mobile users.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Meh. Welcome to 2007 mobile users.

Huzzah! Welcome to 2007... but with 2004 graphics! Yaaaay!

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

Ew.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@charizard1605: Also, no way! :O GS finally recognizes it's own videos? Nice! lol

@_Matt_ said:

True. It does look very, very OG Xbox-ish. And considering how many X360's + PS3's + PC's are out there, you'd be insane to get this version over any of those. Plus it seems to control like crap. Touchscreen doesn't play well with fast, precise and controlled gameplay :P

#7 Posted by yokofox33 (29407 posts) -

Yikes. No thanks. I'll stick to my PC version...

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (56289 posts) -

@Desmonic: GS always recognized its own videos. Just don't input the URL and search for it in the searchbar in the dialogbox that pops up.

#9 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@charizard1605: The fact that we have to do that is ridiculous in it's own away :P For most of the others a simple URL is enough, but GS has to be *special* hehe

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@Desmonic said:
@_Matt_ said:

True. It does look very, very OG Xbox-ish. And considering how many X360's + PS3's + PC's are out there, you'd be insane to get this version over any of those. Plus it seems to control like crap. Touchscreen doesn't play well with fast, precise and controlled gameplay :P

Not forgetting that its also cheaper to buy a 360 than it is to buy an iPad.

#11 Edited by CyberLips (1822 posts) -

Mehh, just get it on PC or console.

#12 Posted by Gamerno6666 (699 posts) -

Sigh... never liked the game anyway.

#13 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

I think the tablet control scheme is being overblown by those used to traditional console/handheld ones. I've been observing my youngest kid play games on my tablet. She's been playing games for only a couple of weeks and already she's got the hang of the touchscreen controls. Her generation will probably be the ones who will think traditional console controllers are archaic with keyboard/mouse not even being considered.

There are already other "heavyweight" games out for it such as Dead Space and even X-Plane 10.

#14 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@_Matt_: Also true. Either HD Twin is pretty cheap compared to even the iPad mini.

#15 Edited by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto:

And when they finally play with a controller/keyboard+mouse they'll realize how wrong they actually were. Adapting to a crappy control system since young doesn't mean it becomes less crappy.

So far, touchscreens aren't really great for games which either require fast/precise controls or simply have a large button configuration (in other platforms). Perhaps devs are to blame (lazy ports/not figuring a way to make controls work correctly), maybe the actual hardware (who knows how much better these screens can get within 5-10 years), or maybe both.

Maybe this will change in the not so distant future, but this is the current reality of things.

#16 Posted by Ghost120x (3751 posts) -

Would have been perfect for vita. What is Sony doing?

#17 Posted by hehe101 (635 posts) -

wtff lol

#18 Edited by Stringerboy (6955 posts) -

Shocking.

#19 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25012 posts) -

Why did they think this was a good idea?

#20 Edited by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_: Also true. Either HD Twin is pretty cheap compared to even the iPad mini.

Aye, well I would imagine it would cost less to get a 360 + a 1080p screen + Bioshock than to get an iPad + Bioshock.

#21 Posted by Alcapello (823 posts) -

If I ever get a mobile phone, this is day 1.

#22 Posted by Blabadon (26033 posts) -

If I get an iPad I might get this lol

#23 Posted by Heil68 (43607 posts) -

I dont think FPS's work well with touch screen controls.

#24 Edited by ashtontheguru (163 posts) -

@_Matt_: Why don't you factor in the cost of insurance of the ipad, or the cost of the Internet connection to download the games on the ipad.

Since as you want to include irrelevant cost..

#25 Posted by Alcapello (823 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

It the old elastic theory, where one must stretch then shoot.

#26 Posted by speedfog (3060 posts) -

Looks good, makes me wanne play the game all over again.

#27 Posted by aroxx_ab (9313 posts) -

This is the beginning of the end, Vita/3DS is doomed...

#28 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7118 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

That's because they don't work at all with the touch screen my friend.

#29 Posted by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

@Heil68: your butthurt because apple's love, look pretty, live philosophy

#30 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I feel the same way about controllers. That's why I bought a converter so I can use a keyboard/mouse with my PS3.

I see the buck is being passed down in turn.

#31 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10614 posts) -

What about Android ?

#32 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

Because touch screen controls work so well in shooters.

#33 Posted by DaBrainz (7630 posts) -

Now bioshock can be played in the toilet where it belongs.

#34 Edited by TwistedShade (3155 posts) -

LOLVITA

But seriously if this doesn't say the Vita is truly dead I don't know what would. Also they're adding controller support so there's always that.

#35 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

Lol playing a FPS with god awful touchscreen controls, but guess with a controller like what they had it probably just be a okay port.

#36 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

I guess I hope they adapt the controls properly?

Lol no

If you want to experience a classic in the crappiest way possible, go for touch screen controls...

#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

Looks like a 1:1 transition of the game (albeit with heavily downgraded graphics)

and then you try to aim at something ...

oh boy

#38 Edited by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@_Matt_: Why don't you factor in the cost of insurance of the ipad, or the cost of the Internet connection to download the games on the ipad.

Since as you want to include irrelevant cost..

What irrelevant costs?

#39 Edited by harry_james_pot (10663 posts) -

Other than the absurdity of playing an FPS on a tablet/phone, atmosphere heavy games like this one aren't really suitable for the platform.

#40 Posted by Big_Pecks (5253 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Andrew Ryan didn't want.

#41 Posted by Speak_Low (986 posts) -

This is great news for Nintendo owners. They can finally play this masterpiece after waiting seven years for a Bioshock game that never came to a Nintendo console.

#42 Posted by wiifan001 (18381 posts) -

Yikes. No thanks. I'll stick to my PC version...

#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7118 posts) -

LOL what a joke.

#44 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11281 posts) -

Yuck touchscreen controls for an FPS. And a controller for your iPad? Sort of undercuts the whole portability thing IMO because all I want to carry is my iPad.

#45 Posted by PsychoLemons (2053 posts) -

=/

#46 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11281 posts) -

This is great news for Nintendo owners. They can finally play this masterpiece after waiting seven years for a Bioshock game that never came to a Nintendo console.

How come you always seem to bring up Nintendo in every thread? And you also write these huge passages about how you hate Ninty and yet incessantly type/talk about them...strange.

#47 Posted by Speak_Low (986 posts) -

@speak_low said:

How come you always seem to bring up Nintendo in every thread? And you also write these huge passages about how you hate Ninty and yet incessantly type/talk about them...strange.

No one cares about Bioshock 1 coming to mobile, except for casual mobile gamers, and Wii/Wii U owners.

This is great news for Nintendo owners.

#48 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16176 posts) -

I think the tablet control scheme is being overblown by those used to traditional console/handheld ones. I've been observing my youngest kid play games on my tablet. She's been playing games for only a couple of weeks and already she's got the hang of the touchscreen controls. Her generation will probably be the ones who will think traditional console controllers are archaic with keyboard/mouse not even being considered.

There are already other "heavyweight" games out for it such as Dead Space and even X-Plane 10.

I think thats a load of crap.

I have played a lot of mobile games on my tablet, the control scheme never feels natural going from game to game.

#49 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I think thats a load of crap.

I have played a lot of mobile games on my tablet, the control scheme never feels natural going from game to game.

I feel the same with a controller. It sucks compared to keyboard and mouse. Yet, each succeeding generations of gamers adjusted to controllers. Why can't it happen to touchscreen controls as well? I've been watching my youngest kid (6 years old) play MInecraft on my tablet and she's taken to it like fish to water. I've seen other kids play Dead Space just fine on their iPads. Just because you can't get the hang of it doesn't mean others can't. I can't get the hang of controllers in FPS games either. But, I'm not going to hold that against the hardware. Players will adjust.

#50 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

@speak_low said:

He's a big closet sheep.