Biggest WTF moments in games!

• 85 results
#51 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Animal-Mother: Thread is about spoilers... because spoiler tags exist moron.

Also I'm playing the original BioShock, how good is the twist?

It's really good.

Also you wanna call me a moron.

Why don't you get yourself banned again and beg to be back? Grown ass man (older than me mind you)whining about video game spoilers in a thread about spoilers calling someone on the internet a moron. Real classic.

Jesus I've never seen anything more pathetic. Seriously grow up.

#52 Edited by dxmcat (1121 posts) -

Crimson Heads in REmake, especially when one decides to spring up from the darkness right as you are walking in it.

#53 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13422 posts) -

I can't say anything has really surprised me in a game I usually catch whatever twist or turn via the massive foreshadowing or the terrible writing coming a mile down the road.

#55 Edited by getyeryayasout (7173 posts) -

Samus Aran is a chick!? Also, House of the Dead Overkill: DC final boss and ending cinematic. Eodipus much?

#56 Posted by kuu2 (6963 posts) -

Samus Aran is a chick!?

What the hell, now I will never be able to play Metroid!

Damn you...........

#57 Posted by magicalclick (22442 posts) -

I guess it is that video of Capcom vs Marvel 2 tournament. The Storm managed to turn the entire match around by the same wind kick at edge of the screen. That was epic.

#58 Posted by benleslie5 (7773 posts) -
  • Ending to BioShock Infinite
  • Silent Hill 2 (The whole story especially towards the ending)
#59 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

Not really any WTF moments but definitely some weird ones. I guess I don't get overly surprised, but sometimes I don't see things coming if you know what I mean.

Bioshock Infinite was probably the latest offender.

#60 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70660 posts) -

orignal ending of Mass Effect 3

#61 Edited by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

It's really good.

Why don't you get yourself banned again and beg to be back? Grown ass man (older than me mind you)whining about video game spoilers in a thread about spoilers calling someone on the internet a moron. Real classic.

I'm guessing something fishy is up with Atlus...

Moron.

#62 Posted by jg4xchamp (47338 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

Play Antichamber. The whole game is an 8 hour long wtf moment. Also IWTBTG, but that's more of a flat out troll than a wtf moment.

Antichamber is SO FUCKING GOOD.

Favorite game of last year.

#63 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

Microprose Task Force: 1942. The first battle fleet sim I played with 3D polygons:

#64 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Blabadon said:

It's really good.

I'm guessing something fishy is up with Atlus...

Moron.

Like I said go suicide your account again and beg to be back like a baby. Again Pathetic

Crying over one of the most miniscule things in this world you can

In a thread that's about those things.

#65 Posted by louisfoxton (1391 posts) -

Samus being a female?

#66 Posted by SolidTy (42445 posts) -

Original Metroid Reveal on who and what Samus is.

Huge deal back in the day. Got into fist fights with people that didn't believe me...lol.

#67 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

The ending reveals to 999, VLR, Silent Hill Shattered Memories all made my head implode.

Also, the entire ending sequence of MGS2 (fighting Metal Gear RAY and on). Not so much because the twists were cool, but more because they last chunk of the game consisted of four and a half hours of cutscenes filled with meandering philosophical babble that barely made any sense. It actually made my head hurt, trying to figure everything out and comprehend all the shit Kojima packed into the last chunk of that game.

#68 Posted by gamerguru100 (10502 posts) -

Like others have said, the ending to Bioshock Infinite was really weird...and sad, in my opinion. I was hoping for a happier ending than that.

#69 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

The reveal at the end of MGS2.

Holy Shit.

Just fuckin insane.

#70 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

The ending reveals to 999, VLR, Silent Hill Shattered Memories all made my head implode.

Also, the entire ending sequence of MGS2 (fighting Metal Gear RAY and on). Not so much because the twists were cool, but more because they last chunk of the game consisted of four and a half hours of cutscenes filled with meandering philosophical babble that barely made any sense. It actually made my head hurt, trying to figure everything out and comprehend all the shit Kojima packed into the last chunk of that game.

Kojima emphasizes themes moreso than connecting the dots in regards to story. Free will is a huge theme near the end of MGS2. Raiden believes he is acting out his own free will as he progresses through the plant but it's revealed to be an elaborate setup by the Patriots to forge their own super soldier (aka Solid Snake). However, Fortune and Olga surprise Ocelot and the Patriots by choosing to freely resist them, even giving their lives in the process. Raiden cuts down Solidus Snake in the end but questions whose will did he exact? His own or still the Patriots? Solid Snake's speech at the end reconfirms to Raiden that he is ultimately in charge of his own destiny. Kojima throws in a lot of mumbo jumbo and isn't afraid to step on other game's stories he's created because he values his themes above all else.

#71 Edited by commonfate (12252 posts) -

MG2: Solid Snake - Gray Fox is Frank Jaeger

Demon's Souls - Yurt starts to murder everyone in the Nexus. Also, playing as a boss.

#72 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3849 posts) -

Infamous ending (Kessler)

Every moment in every MGS game

Mass Effect 3 ending...it was a bad wtf not a good one.

#73 Posted by PsychoLemons (2042 posts) -

The 'ending' of Minecraft.

#74 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

the entire ending of First Mafia and right before ending plot twist.

#75 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

how is minecraft? as a PC only gamer i have heard some good thing about this game. but when i look into it. it doesnot feel like my type of. can u reccommend me?

#76 Edited by HitmanActual (326 posts) -

When those assholes at Epic killed my main man Dom.

I was like

#77 Posted by finalstar2007 (24948 posts) -

Fighting the Dark Aeon Bahamant in FFX is a huge WTF moment i mean as soon as the battle starts he hits the entire party with 999999 damage without giving me a chance to even cast Haste

#78 Posted by PsychoLemons (2042 posts) -

@PsychoLemons said:

how is minecraft? as a PC only gamer i have heard some good thing about this game. but when i look into it. it doesnot feel like my type of. can u reccommend me?

I would not recommend to anyone who is expecting high end/realistic graphics of that game (duh). If you have a creative mind on making mod and stuff, free roaming or you are up for an adventure then give it a go. If it's not any that I mentioned then it's a good time waster.

#79 Posted by finalstar2007 (24948 posts) -

@PsychoLemons said:

i played the demo and i was saying wtf is this shit and how the f**k is this shit popular during the whole time ( which didnt last more than half hour )

#80 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:
@PsychoLemons said:

I would not recommend to anyone who is expecting high end/realistic graphics of that game (duh). If you have a creative mind on making mod and stuff, free roaming or you are up for an adventure then give it a go. If it's not any that I mentioned then it's a good time waster.

well i guess no than.

being hardcore PC gamer i think i wouldnot enjoy this game.

#81 Edited by 001011000101101 (3951 posts) -

Wait Sniper, are you a PC gamer? I don't think you ever mentioned that on here.

#82 Edited by Suppaman100 (3771 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Animal-Mother: Spoiler tags are easy to use, dumbass

Cool story. It's 5 years old. I don't have to tip toe around for every little thing you can't get around to play let alone a half decade old game.

Spoiler did you know ET was an alien or is that too soon?

#Dealwithit.

#83 Edited by Suppaman100 (3771 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Would you kindly stop talking about spoilers.

#84 Posted by pelvist (4628 posts) -

Discovering that I could not play local coop in the PC version of Kane and Lynch unless both computers had an XBOX 360 controller plugged in, even though up until trying coop the game worked perfectly fine with mouse and keyboard.

#85 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

@commonfate: To me the ending sequence was just to crammed and jumbled. I understand that he likes doing that, but when you present a theme of the story without really connecting it to the story, it's kind of lame. It's weak writing. I like the series, but 2 is definitely my least favorite (from what I've played). I understand he was trying to question reality and all that goodness, but the way it was presented was just utterly ridiculous and too convoluted. I thought 3's story was far superior in that it was fairly straightforward for a change.

#86 Edited by cainetao11 (16875 posts) -

This game. You have to collect like 5 secret scrolls. The 5th one is at the top of the shoguns wall. There are 3 cannons firing down at you as you climb. In order to get the last scroll, player must shoot the far right cannon 46 times. Who the hell was going to figure that out? I found out by calling a tip line.

#87 Posted by PsychoLemons (2042 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:
@PsychoLemons said:

i played the demo and i was saying wtf is this shit and how the f**k is this shit popular during the whole time ( which didnt last more than half hour )

The same could be said for many other genres/games out there, you know.