Biggest video game worlds

#1 Edited by IgGy621985 (4624 posts) -

This is probably pretty old, it misses newest games, but still who didn't see it before (I didn't), it's kind of neat.

Update: here are even bigger worlds:

My questions is: did you notice game's size while playing it, and are you surprised by this comparison?

#2 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Stalker call of pripyat

#3 Posted by soulitane (13429 posts) -

Depends on the game. Burnout didn't feel like a big game world, it seemed kind of small honestly. Obviously that's due to speeding around it in a car the whole game. Oblivion on the other hand felt pretty big and vast when I played it since you never really travel that fast, n games like that I certainly notice it.

#4 Posted by killerfist (19812 posts) -

Heh that's kinda cool.

Oblivion felt bigger when I played it. San Andreas too

#5 Posted by IgGy621985 (4624 posts) -

Stalker isn't here, and I felt it was huge while I was playing it.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (39102 posts) -

Fuel was so damn big.

#7 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1299 posts) -

Definitely felt it with JC2. Thank god for that graplling hook and parachute.

Not sure about GW2, but Tyria felt really big. Bigger than Azeroth by a strech. Would love to see a comparison. LOTRO definitely takes the cake

#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Seeing Oblivion and Skyrim's worlds. Makes me wonder if they'll combine provinces/nations for TES VI (main land beingSummerset Isles)

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16294 posts) -

My questions is: did you notice game's size while playing it, and are you surprised by this comparison?

I am surprised that Burnout Paradises map is so large. I dunno, but it never felt that big to me.

#10 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6137 posts) -

Bigger isn't always better and you really hate a mission when there is no fast travel and you have to go to the other side of the map................ On foot.

#11 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -

GTA III felt enormous back in the day.

Enormous, I tell you.

Interesting comparison, I just wonder how much of the largest games contain empty boring wastelands full of nothing.

#12 Posted by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

Any world significantly bigger than Just Cause 2 must be copy-and-paste, and at that point, it is no longer impressive.

#13 Posted by dakan45 (18526 posts) -

Bully, small map so many things to do. Like ubisoft said, bigger is not always better its best to have a map with more things to do. (fc4 will be like that apparently)

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

guys Come on ! Somebody should have mentioned MINECRAFT a long time ago...... !

What other Video Game worlds are Infinite ?

#15 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

I don't think that's an accurate comparison, some guy on GTAF debunked that image back when GTA V was being released.

#16 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

Bigger isn't always better but San Andreas bucks the trend:-P