Big titles that bioshock will out sell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 proud722
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

what do you think, I was just debating that and I thought: It will outsell assasins creed, mass effect may be pushing it

All games from any platform are welcome but you can only use the predicted sales on one consoles its being released on if its multiplat

oh yeah and when I say big I just mean relatively noteable and not some game that could easily get released with alot of people notrealising

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 proud722

I think it may outsell lair

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
Assassin's Creed? I dunno, if that game turns out as well as expected, I think it has more casual appeal than Bioshock; a lot of people just want "run and gun" FPS games, so Bioshock won't be for everyone. It'll probablybe pretty close...
Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
I doubt it will really outsell much. Bioshock is one of the most anticipated games of this year for me, but the problem is, people just aren't used to games like it.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts
I predict Bioshock will out sell System Shock 2! :shock:
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 proud722

I doubt it will really outsell much. Bioshock is one of the most anticipated games of this year for me, but the problem is, people just aren't used to games like it.Core0

Yeah and thats why halo is king because everyone is used to that *sigh* seriously its good but its pretty dam tiresome it did alot of good for the genre but alot of bad to. Its made it harder for developers who try and do something interesting with the genre and break out of the cycle. Perhaps this is always the way for games that are viewed as best of there genre.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

anything can outsell lair

lair looks worse than motorstorm

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 proud722

anything can outsell lair

lair looks worse than motorstorm

bulletmath

thats a little overly critical, lair wont sell great but it looks good and so did motorstorm and it was at least fun

If those games were multiplat I bet people would have very different opinions about them because it seems there are more lemmings than cows

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

I predict Bioshock will out sell System Shock 2! :shock: Snagal123

That is likely, it'll sell a buttload even on just gamer guilt (over not buying SS2) alone

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Bioshock will outsell Metroid Prime 3, Lair, and those 3 JRPGs for the 360 the FPS loving lemmings will ignore.
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bulletmath

thats a little overly critical, lair wont sell great but it looks good and so did motorstorm and it was at least fun

If those games were multiplat I bet people would have very different opinions about them because it seems there are more lemmings than cows

proud722

Motorstorm was one of the worst racing games i ever played. The sixaxis controls were disgraceful

and i doubt that Lair or Motorstorm would ever divert attention away from the likes of Boshock or Mass Effect. crap games are crap games, and lair/motorstorm are crap games. Most PS3 owners will admit this

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 proud722

Bioshock will outsell Metroid Prime 3, Lair, and those 3 JRPGs for the 360 the FPS loving lemmings will ignore. majadamus

hey im a lemming and the game im hyped most for is eternal sonata (and Ive taken a strong interest in fable 2)

I was a bit put off by the blue dragon demo though (im still considering) and two worlds may be interesting gameplay wise (which is what im hoping) but personal taste put me off it a bit after watching some trailers

and when im say im a lemming to be precise: 50% lemming 20% sheep 15% cow 15% hermit

oh yeah and MP3 and lair easily and I doubt unfortunately the sales of those rpgs will be great, you are rite unfourtanetly to the majority of shooter crazy lemmings they will go unappreciated probably because of that whole audience thing and people who get a 360 dont have rpg's in mind really because its not a console you associate with rpg's

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 proud722
[QUOTE="proud722"]

bulletmath

Motorstorm was one of the worst racing games i ever played. The sixaxis controls were disgraceful

and i doubt that Lair or Motorstorm would ever divert attention away from the likes of Boshock or Mass Effect. crap games are crap games, and lair/motorstorm are crap games. Most PS3 owners will admit this

their average games I would'nt say bad and yeah dont play it with the six axis *shudders* :|

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
Bioshock will outsell Metroid Prime 3, Lairmajadamus
I don't think so, but we'll see. MAYBE Lair.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
i dont think bioshock is a very casual friendly game.
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bulletmath

their average games I would'nt say bad and yeah dont play it with the six axis *shudders* :|

proud722

it's fricking stupid. you have to hold your hands absolutely still, and even if you do it starts turning automatically

it only has about 5 courses as well. stupid game

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 proud722

i dont think bioshock is a very casual friendly game.JPOBS

Probably not its a thinking mans shooter and casuals dont like to think they like to blast stuff XD

also the fact that ammo will be limited and you'll have to be conservative with it and learn to use the plasmas effeciently wont be to popular with the casuals

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Bioshock will outsell Metroid Prime 3, Lair, and those 3 JRPGs for the 360 the FPS loving lemmings will ignore. majadamus

I doubt that

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

i dont think bioshock is a very casual friendly game.JPOBS

Well of course not, you have to switch ammo types to be able to confront different types of enemies, does anyone care, apparently not. However I bet there will be plenty of complaining from the lemmings about the complexity of the game soon enough.

fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 fanboy-buster
Member since 2006 • 4594 Posts
Sadly, Bioshock is not going to out sell any big titles, because it isnt advertising itself, just ask a regular gamer about bioshock, he will not know a thing, but then ask him about Halo 3, he will say it is going to be the best game ever. Games like this need more advertising on websites too.....have you noticed that an 80% of the games advertised in gamespot FLOP! Like Boogie, Lost in Blue, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Red Steel, that 360 WWII shooter.......these games dont need to advertised, games like Bioshock and Mass Effect and Drake's need to be advertised!
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 proud722

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]i dont think bioshock is a very casual friendly game.mikemil828

Well of course not, you have to switch ammo types to be able to confront different types of enemies, does anyone care, apparently not. However I bet there will be plenty of complaining from the lemmings about the complexity of the game soon enough.

and these are the people that force the difficulty of games down, If your a gamer you should try and push your self to adapt and get better at games not just stand there and complain about hard it is and be all like I cant do it. I use to suck at fighting games, I still suck but after actualy trying Im at least good enough to enjoy them (no more button masing lol). Problem is with shooters people just want the only skills to be involved to be your speed and accuracy (and online I admit you do sometimes have to ouwit your opponent) and thats why people dont do much with the genre because the new formula may not be popular so publishers will view at as risky so it will be risky for the developers. A shooter like bioshock where you'll have to apply statergy to what your doing (and maybe be good at zelda puzzles ;) ) and basically think about everything you do may not be popular because you cant be trigger happy or just blast everything you see.