Big promises from game developer and then not in game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Anyone get annoyed when developers promise a new feature in a game and it doesnt make the game at all? I remember Capcom promising a metre in RE5 which was like Eternal Darkness *sanity metre* which meant the more it depleted the more illusionations you started having if out in the sun to long. What the hell happened to this?!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

When they get peter molyneux syndrome?

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

Animal-Mother
Similar to what I was going to post. :P
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Anyone get annoyed when developers promise a new feature in a game and it doesnt make the game at all? I remember Capcom promising a metre in RE5 which was like Eternal Darkness *sanity metre* which meant the more it depleted the more illusionations you started having if out in the sun to long. What the hell happened to this?!

Dibdibdobdobo
Capcom never promised that. They did mention they were going to have a heat wave meter but i've been following RE5 for so long there was nothing like that mentioned. It made him more or less delusional he wouldnt hallucinations
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

oh yeh i remember that

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

Animal-Mother
That's it...:(
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

They probably got rid of it because it sounds like a stupid feature.

LiquidShnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 LiquidShnake
Member since 2009 • 295 Posts
Resi 5 being "really scarey towards the end" and Godfather 2's aiming being the best in the genre.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Re5 being a single player game along the lines of Re4 (capcom....what the hell happened)
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Not sure about developers, but I find watching the 2005 Sony conference a laugh.

Has any game on PS3 to date demonstrated these sort of capabilities? If you listen to it you also get to enjoy BS claims like "PS3 is as easy to develop for as PC, everything we can do on PC is instantly transferable to the PS3" and something along the lines of "shaders previously required CPU farms to run, only now can we run them in real time on the PS3".

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

Not sure about developers, but I find watching the 2005 Sony conference a laugh.

Has any game on PS3 to date demonstrated these sort of capabilities? If you listen to it you also get to enjoy BS claims like "PS3 is as easy to develop for as PC, everything we can do on PC is instantly transferable to the PS3" and something along the lines of "shaders previously required CPU farms to run, only now can we run them in real time on the PS3".

AnnoyedDragon

Don't forget 4D. :P

By the way, have you any idea what Sony meant by "extended game display" and "multi applications". :?

As for me although I'm having a blast with it at the minute, I'm a little bit disappointed that the whole good vs evil premise wasn't used more creatively in inFAMOUS. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it didn't penalise you for harming civilians like in the awful Shadow the Hedgehog (:lol:), but I just wish there could have been more ways to do good deeds and bad deeds in the game than just the moral choice mode in the main missions and a couple of the side missions.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

Dibdibdobdobo
it went away when they decided to make it a complete action game and have no survival horror in it at all
Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

AnnoyedDragon

I know this isn't "game developer"

but i want my ******* duel HDMI PS3.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

By the way, have you any idea what Sony meant by "extended game display" and "multi applications". :?

Menalque2

Sony said you could have live webcam video while playing a multiplayer game, one of the features was to offload these webcam images and other applications to a second screen as you can see in the image. The other thing was to have game HUD/interface elements on a second screen so that the game play screen would be completely clear.

Did any of these make it into the PS3? I expect not.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

They probably got rid of it because it sounds like a stupid feature.

XaosII
Wrong. From what they making it out to be *Eternal Darkness Sanity Metre* It worked very well! If you havent played Eternal Darkness then your opinion doesnt really matter.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Dibdibdobdobo
This disappeared when they decided to make it a solid action game instead of a horror game.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

[QUOTE="Menalque2"]

AnnoyedDragon

Sony said you could have live webcam video while playing a multiplayer game, one of the features was to offload these webcam images and other applications to a second screen as you can see in the image. The other thing was to have game HUD/interface elements on a second screen so that the game play screen would be completely clear.

Did any of these make it into the PS3? I expect not.

hahahaha yeah. i remember that one. man Sony was so terrible back then.