Big part of Naught Dogs dev team are total noobs

• 62 results
#1 Edited by leandrro (841 posts) -

sources added

" There was an internal debate just over the artistic-ness of going 30 or 60, and whether or not it would feel weird. Pretty much every person who had said, 'I'm a 30 Hz person, I don't know if I could play it at 60.' When they finally saw it, they said, 'Nevermind, I'm convinced.'"

how can a so praised studio have a lot of people that simply dont know what is 60fps, never played games at 60fps?? dont know PC gaming at all i guess

its as stupid as nintendo saying that their hardware developers never used live or ps+ and dont know nothing about network services

source: gamespot front page article http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-remastered-devs-discuss-making-60fp/1100-6421147/

source for wii u developers complete ignorance of live and ps+ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

#2 Posted by Shewgenja (8787 posts) -

Ya'll need to let this 60fps shit go already. Do you want to play Final Fantasy at 60fps, too? What's the malfunction?

#3 Posted by peafowlplumage (28 posts) -

@leandrro: nailed it. Thanks OP. Watching the GAF thread is hilarious as the 60fps promise is dead

#4 Posted by clyde46 (46010 posts) -

Dat PR.

#5 Edited by Heil68 (43971 posts) -

All they know is how to make multiple top 5 GOAT.

#6 Posted by Telekill (4516 posts) -

You haven't played a ND game, have you OP?

#7 Edited by lglz1337 (3421 posts) -

calling devs with goats in their bag noobs lol

also noob TC many devs don't even play games

#8 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9651 posts) -

TC trying too hard to make ND look bad

#9 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4661 posts) -

60 > 30 is an honest result. gg.

#10 Posted by leandrro (841 posts) -

@Telekill said:

You haven't played a ND game, have you OP?

i really enjoy naught dog games, ps3 is my favorite gen7 console

but im admit the visuals are inferior to games like crysis 3 bf3 and tomb raider on ps3

its no surprise they are noobs on such basic level, they will never produce DICE, Crytek, Guerrila Games quality graphics

#11 Posted by Gue1 (9767 posts) -

I thought the same thing when I read it but then I remembered... This is just PR.

#12 Edited by scottpsfan14 (4738 posts) -

Yep PR is all. But it is interesting that not 1 ND game has been 60fps. Something to do with them going for the visuals all the time.

#13 Posted by leandrro (841 posts) -

i think they are doing it themselves, they PR people might be ex-M$

recently they revealed all PS4 weakenesses

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/11/naughty-dog-explains-ps4s-cpu-memory-and-more-in-detail-and-how-they-can-make-them-run-really-fast/

#14 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4738 posts) -
@leandrro said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/11/naughty-dog-explains-ps4s-cpu-memory-and-more-in-detail-and-how-they-can-make-them-run-really-fast/

Where do they reveal the PS4's weakness? All they say in that article is that their goal is to max out the hardware. ND have some of the best software engineers on earth.

#15 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10185 posts) -

Don't you dare call Naughty Gods noobs

That fly in the UC4 trailer was buzzing at 60fps

#16 Edited by Krelian-co (10670 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

#17 Posted by silversix_ (14283 posts) -

Not noobs, never played on a 60"+ HDTV before!

#18 Edited by Telekill (4516 posts) -

@leandrro: Ok... if you enjoy their games, why try to make them look bad? What does it matter to you if they prefer 30 over 60? What does it matter to you if they were to prefer Nintendo or Xbox games?

Why do you care? What's the point of the thread?

#19 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Naughty Dog, still bringing the butthurt to the non-PlayStation ascended crowd.

Thank you Gods of Naughty.

#20 Posted by lostrib (35864 posts) -

Naughty Dog, still bringing the butthurt to the non-PlayStation ascended crowd.

Thank you Gods of Naughty.

Uh, i think that's something a little different

#21 Posted by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I suspected trolled, read these post confirmed troll thread.

#22 Posted by lostrib (35864 posts) -

As long as they make good games, who gives a crap

#23 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

#24 Edited by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Awesome, why don't they now make a game that's better then average IMO?

#25 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2947 posts) -

Sounds like PR stunt . Sony must have asked them to act like noobs , to promote how powerful PS4 is and how it gives you 60fps experience that even 30fps noobs can't resist .

#26 Edited by Chutebox (37003 posts) -
#27 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4738 posts) -

Sony must have asked them to act like noobs , to promote how powerful PS4 is and it gives you 60fps experience that even 30fps noobs can't resist .

But don't you think thats a good thing? That means the "cinematic experience" bunch will be converted by their gods into the realm of 60fps. No more crying about "teh soap opera effect" and how it 'ruins' the game lol.

#28 Posted by Chutebox (37003 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

No one cares about your opinion.

#29 Posted by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

ditto ;)

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2947 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Sony must have asked them to act like noobs , to promote how powerful PS4 is and it gives you 60fps experience that even 30fps noobs can't resist .

But don't you think thats a good thing? That means the "cinematic experience" bunch will be converted by their gods into the realm of 60fps. No more crying about "teh soap opera effect" and how it 'ruins' the game lol.

lol true

#31 Edited by kinectthedots (1700 posts) -

And the desperate lem butthurt bash everything related to ND and "please don't buy TLOU" campaign continues. Another day another 10+ threads by idiot xbox fanboys crying about a game development studio that produced better exclusive games than anything that ever touched xbox.

What did MS send out a flyer to all the xbox fanboys at one time to do their best to bash anything related to ND? LMAO

lol, It's like Naughty Dog assaulted their family and kicked their dog. I guess being an xbot means you have to make a clown of yourself and go on bashing campaigns against games and studios that have proven to be better than anything you choose to hype or defend.

#32 Posted by blackace (20565 posts) -
@Chutebox said:
@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

Or your. lol!!

#33 Posted by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

And the desperate lem butthurt bash everything related to ND and "please don't buy TLOU" campaign continues. Another day another 10+ threads by idiot xbox fanboys crying about a game development studio that produced better exclusive games than anything that ever touched xbox.

What did MS send out a flyer to all the xbox fanboys at one time to do their best to bash anything related to ND? LMAO

lol, It's like Naughty Dog assaulted their family and kicked their dog. I guess being an xbot means you have to make a clown of yourself and go on bashing campaigns against games and studios that have proven to be better than anything you choose to hype or defend.

I don't think anyone has bashed ND or said not to buy it. I have a lot of respect to what ND does and how many people enjoy their games. I just personally am not a fan of their style of game.

#34 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13824 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:
@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

Or your. lol!!

Or yours.

#35 Edited by kinectthedots (1700 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@kinectthedots said:

I don't think anyone has bashed ND or said not to buy it. I have a lot of respect to what ND does and how many people enjoy their games. I just personally am not a fan of their style of game.

lol, you asked why dont they make a game that is better than average in this very thread. Please stop drinking the the spinmill koolaid.

If you are going to make a foolish and fanboyish statement at least stand by it when someone calls it out. ND has been praised by EVERYONE in the industry including other developers for their games. But you say they aren't above AVERAGE?

Saying "I just personally am not a fan of their style of game" does not excuse the stupidity in the comment of trying to say their games are average.

There are plenty of game styles I am not a fan of, but I don't go around bashing them and saying that they are "average or mediocre" because they aren't the type of game I like.

It would be idiotic of me to try to trash a high rated RTS game because I am not a fan of those games dismissing the quality it has because of personal preference...but then again those are the type of actions that come from the type of idiotic fanboys I posted about.

#36 Posted by Chutebox (37003 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:
@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

Or your. lol!!

Or yours*

#37 Posted by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@kinectthedots said:

lol, you asked why dont they make a game that is better than average in this very thread. Please stop drinking the the spinmill koolaid.

If you are going to make a foolish and fanboyish statement at least stand by it when someone calls it out. ND has been praised by EVERYONE in the industry including other developers for their games. But you say they aren't above AVERAGE?

Saying "I just personally am not a fan of their style of game" does not excuse the stupidity in the comment of trying to say their games are average.

There are plenty of game styles I am not a fan of, but I don't go around bashing them and saying that they are "average or mediocre" because they aren't the type of game I like.

It would be idiotic of me to try to trash a high rated RTS game because I am not a fan of those games dismissing the quality it has because of personal preference...but then again those are the type of actions that come from the type of idiotic fanboys I posted about.

I said better then average IMO. as In My Opinion. I just feel they have a lot of talent but they focus on non essential things like graphics and story over gameplay and in the end make pretty looking movie style games that aren't fun to play.

Also I am a fan of their genre's so comparing genre's to game style is different. They make 3rd person action adventure shooters. Which is a genre I enjoy. But when TR set a new standard for me then 3 months later TLOU drops and its not half as fun as tomb raider, then yes that is how i feel. I don't say GT makes below average games. I say racing games are boring to me. Period. So i can care less about GT, forza, DC etc. Doesn't mean their games aren't up to par. there is a difference. For all intents and purposes TLOU is the same genre as TR both were released within 3 months of each other and TR blew TLOU out of the water IMO.

Its your blatant fanboyism that is attacking someone else's valid opinion. And I'm far from the only one who feels this way. Even GAF gave seveal nods to TLOU having subpar gameplay and they are known as sonyGAF for a reason. Lets face it, nobody has praised it for it being fun or its gameplay.

#38 Edited by pyro1245 (769 posts) -

Ya'll need to let this 60fps shit go already. Do you want to play Final Fantasy at 60fps, too? What's the malfunction?

Yeah I want to play FF at 60fps. Why the hell wouldn't I. You can't have an opinion on framerate. The same stuff happens in the same amount of time, It's just smoother the more frames you have. More is always better in this case. The 'cinematic' excuse is utter nonsense. I want to watch movies at 60+ fps too. The best part is: there's no reason not to have a high framerate :) because we can. These are great times we live in, indeed.

#39 Posted by fend_oblivion (6123 posts) -

Yep PR is all. But it is interesting that not 1 ND game has been 60fps. Something to do with them going for the visuals all the time.

Their PS3 games might not be in 60 FPS, but their PS1 and PS2 games are.

#40 Posted by commonfate (12269 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

Er, what?

#41 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4738 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Their PS3 games might not be in 60 FPS, but their PS1 and PS2 games are.

Crash bandicoot 1-3 is 30fps. Jak and Daxtar is 30fps.

#42 Edited by Gue1 (9767 posts) -

@commonfate said:
@lglz1337 said:

Er, what?

Miyamoto encourage his employees to not play any video games. He says it gets in the way of the creativity or something....

#43 Edited by lglz1337 (3421 posts) -

@commonfate: sounds weird, but it's true

a guy i know works @GG he has a difficult time moving his gun in a FPS game, all day working with games makes you tired is what he said also he said it will mess with your creativity

#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (26769 posts) -

I'd love to see you develop a game TC.

#45 Edited by PAL360 (26832 posts) -

That was obviouly marketing. Devs, better than anyone else, know the difference between resolution and framerate. Many people, on the other hand, still think its all the same, so they acted surprised to prove a point.

#46 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7324 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

calling devs with goats in their bag noobs lol

#47 Edited by bezza2011 (2409 posts) -

and yet they can programme a hell of a lot better than you TC. I mean 60fps is great but 30fps for a third person cinematic game is completely satisfactory, trying to hard calling ND noobs when they made a game with over 200 awards, yea keep jogging on. even PC gamers respect what ND with the hardware of home consoles. plus they make some of the most enjoyable games i've ever played

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

@lostrib said:

As long as they make good games, who gives a crap

Seriously. Does an NFL team care if a rookie is their best player?

#49 Edited by getyeryayasout (7360 posts) -

Well, if ND's intention was to cause a stir with TLoU R and get tongue's-a-waggin' and finger's-a-tappin' I'd say that they're old pros. So much weird hate for a $50 remaster that nobody is forced to buy. lol

#50 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4738 posts) -

Well, if ND's intention was to cause a stir with TLoU R and get tongue's-a-waggin' and finger's-a-tappin' I'd say that they're old pros. So much weird hate for a $50 remaster that nobody is forced to buy. lol

Lol no shit. I actually can't wait for it. It will be my first experience with the game.