BF4 worth the 60 dollars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GodspellWH (753 posts) -

I been reading a ton of reviews that complain about game being broken and unfinished.. Although, I wouldn't be surprised by that because it seems like it was being rushed in order to compete with the likes COD Ghost.

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (31681 posts) -

Not if you buy it on consoles

#3 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

It currently has issues, which DICE is actively working to fix. Unless you're a big BF fan , wait until it's on sale during Black Friday.

#4 Edited by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

A woman informs me it's the best battlefield game she has ever played.

She didn't play 2142, though.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

To me there will never be a game worth $60, which is why I never buy games when they first release.

#6 Posted by -Unreal- (24557 posts) -

In its current state it is attrocious.

#7 Edited by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

Hell no. A very high percentage of games are not worth that price.

#8 Edited by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

To me there will never be a game worth $60, which is why I never buy games when they first release.

Thankfully GMG has been having pretty good deals on pre orders recently. BF4 was $48

#9 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

I find that hard to believe.

#10 Posted by Tessellation (8844 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

this and lol at paying 60 dollars for the inferior versions.

#11 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Thankfully GMG has been having pretty good deals on pre orders recently. BF4 was $48

GRRR Went and looked and $60. Was going to grab it.

#12 Edited by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

If you play the MP it is.

#13 Edited by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

Personally to me it's not, I want to get it for $30. Without a half decent single player, the value falls to me. I'm not a huge multiplayer guy but I do want to try the 32 vs 32 for awhile.

#14 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

$60 for 10 mapsand two hour campain..same people who cry about call of duty is going buy bf4 watch

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (19534 posts) -

I got it for PS3 and Im having fun playing with some army buddies. That's what these games are about for me. Is it the "best" version of BF4? Guess not. If I played that version would I have the best time? No, because my friends that I w2ant to play with are some where else.

#16 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

I got it for PS3 and Im having fun playing with some army buddies. That's what these games are about for me. Is it the "best" version of BF4? Guess not. If I played that version would I have the best time? No, because my friends that I w2ant to play with are some where else.

fun and friends trumps everything

#18 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@lostrib said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

GRRR Went and looked and $60. Was going to grab it.

Oh it looks like they went to a cashback/credit deal. The week before launch they had a 20% off code

#19 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

No yearly released shooter is worth $60. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

I guess it's a good thing that BF4 isn't a yearly release

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (19534 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

No yearly released shooter is worth $60. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

Battlefield isn't yearly. that's cod

#21 Posted by lamprey263 (25582 posts) -

if you're committed to playing the MP and being a team player then it's well worth it, if you're just going to dabble and spend most your time playing COD then don't bother

#22 Posted by Liquid_ (2988 posts) -

if you think BF3 dlc is worth 60 dollars then yes

#23 Posted by silversix_ (16174 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

I didn't buy it on my pc because i friend my mobo and waiting for rma but i have a couple of friends currently playing it and its a clusterf****. So much server and game crashes its almost unplayable... On thread i think its worth buying simply because its BF and BF doesn't need reasons. Personally i would NEVER buy it on current gen because for the piss poor port they've made should cost $19.99 and not $60. So buy it on pc/ps4 and maybe x1

#24 Edited by princeofshapeir (15195 posts) -

Worth it for MP alone

#25 Posted by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

I don't really see why people keep saying this. It looks just as much a sequel as any other game out there.

#26 Edited by cainetao11 (19534 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

I didn't buy it on my pc because i friend my mobo and waiting for rma but i have a couple of friends currently playing it and its a clusterf****. So much server and game crashes its almost unplayable... On thread i think its worth buying simply because its BF and BF doesn't need reasons. Personally i would NEVER buy it on current gen because for the piss poor port they've made should cost $19.99 and not $60. So buy it on pc/ps4 and maybe x1

Strange how everyones experience differs. I have it for PS3 and have had no problems what so ever.

#27 Edited by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

@MonsieurX said:

this and lol at paying 60 dollars for the inferior versions.

I'm pretty sure they all have issues.

#28 Posted by Telekill (5131 posts) -

Why do people ask if a game is worth the money being asked? I don't get it. To some it's more than worth it and to others it's not worth $5.

The quality of the game doesn't make a difference on someone's opinion. Many are predisposed to have a certain opinion towards something.

#29 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Wish I could scoop up the MP component for $40.

#30 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3265 posts) -

No.SP is trash and MP doesn't work from what i hear.

I only played the sp and hated it.

#31 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

Multiplayer is fine. It does have some issues, but many have already been fixed. The game is gorgeous on Ultra. If you have a rig that can run it, I'd pull the trigger. Multiplayer is a blast.

#32 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

Multiplayer is fine. It does have some issues, but many have already been fixed. The game is gorgeous on Ultra. If you have a rig that can run it, I'd pull the trigger. Multiplayer is a blast.

uh, i wouldn't exactly call it fine at the moment

#33 Edited by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Zoso813 said:

They already fixed the issue of not being able to queue for servers. Yes, some people are still having connectivity issues but I'm sure it will be fixed within the week.

#34 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Considering I have logged 140 hrs into the BF3 multiplayer alone, I would say that without a doubt that it is probably the best value I'll be getting this year.

#35 Edited by Merex760 (4337 posts) -

It's very much like an expansion to Battlefield 3. I have a hard time considering this a great NEW Battlefield. The leap between 3-4 is very small compared to other Battlefield games. It's also really buggy on PC. I'd wait.

#36 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

@lostrib said:

@Zoso813 said:

They already fixed the issue of not being able to queue for servers. Yes, some people are still having connectivity issues but I'm sure it will be fixed within the week.

Now they just need to fix the game crashes, the server crashes, and the wonky next code, plus the usual round of minor bugs

#37 Edited by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

A Battlefield game hasn't been worth full price since Bad Company 2.

#38 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

$60 for 10 mapsand two hour campain..same people who cry about call of duty is going buy bf4 watch

And those maps are 5x the size of COD maps.

#39 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

Yep. Conquest is better than ever and Domination is awesome too.

#40 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5270 posts) -

Right now, no. The game has too many bugs and crashes. And if you have BF3 Premium, then you are better off waiting for a good deal.

#41 Edited by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

PC version has massive issues right now, i say stay away until some improvement is seen.

I suggest finding a different site to this one for a serious discussion.

#42 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9459 posts) -

Just like I said would happen. DICE just suck at making games.

That's why I won't buy any more games made from them, until they stop rushing shat out the door.

If the last min beta wasn't a red flag for people, then all this bad press should send them up.

Your best off waiting 6 months to buy the game. That's around how long it takes them to fix major issues.

#43 Posted by Liquid_ (2988 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@Liquid_ said:

I don't really see why people keep saying this. It looks just as much a sequel as any other game out there.

what have they added besides maps and guns?

#44 Edited by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@Willy105 said:

@Liquid_ said:

what have they added besides maps and guns?

Changed the properties of all the weapons, made changes to gameplay, got new modes, new campaign, and got better graphics. Not sure what else you'd need; since that's more than quite a few games get.

#45 Posted by GhoX (5289 posts) -

Don't buy it now. It's bug-ridden on all platforms at the moment. Wait until they are fixed and/or a sale.