BF4 to run in 900p for the PS4, and 720p for X1.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@superclocked said:

Battlefield 4 Officially Runs at 720P on PlayStation 4 ?

LOL!!!!

MORE COW OWNAGE!!!!

I figured that would be the case since BF4 is a DirectX optimized game and XBOX ONE has proper DirectX support, whereas PS4 doesn't.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

@superclocked said:

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#203 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Lol looks like the xbone can't handle full HD with its barely-above-WiiU hardware. We all know PS4 can since we've already seen Killzone in full 1080P and that's an actual next gen title unlike this lol 360 port. lmFAO. Poor MS fanboys: forever with the jelly in their butthurt lol.

Aww, i remember my 12th birthday...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@navyguy21: well cows are living in a world of delusion. 50 percent more powerful should easily have the ps4 at 1080p ? Right? Hahahahaha so mich delusion

Hi Tim Doggermania. Why is the Xbone so crap most of its launch 360 ports can barely hit 1080p?

Good work posting the two month old article about BF4 by the way, lems.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@lostrib said:

@b-apples said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Jankarcop said:

My plasma tv will make it render at 1080p

What a Plebian statement.

What do you expect he's emulating a cow.

Giovela isn't a cow

Pretty sure m3boarder is the one being emulated, and I don't care if he's a cow. Just an idiot.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@navyguy21: Lulz

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

LOL that article is over 2 months old from a no-name site. Talk about lems grasping.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#208 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

LOL that article is over 2 months old from a no-name site. Talk about lems grasping.

Oh, so when cows quote a "no name" site, its accurate....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@superclocked said:

LOL!!!!

MORE COW OWNAGE!!!!

I figured that would be the case since BF4 is a DirectX optimized game and XBOX ONE has proper DirectX support, whereas PS4 doesn't.

PS4 doesn't need DirectX since it has AMD GCN.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@tormentos said:

@the_bi99man said:

Funny. The screenshot thread on the PC game forum is loaded with screenshots from people who are playing the BF4 beta at maximum settings, 1080p (or even more), and getting 60 fps.

Yeah is loaded by the same people,once again reason why i say most PC,if you don't have a 7970 or better GPU don't expect 1080p max out with 60 FPS,even the 7970 average 60 but has drops as low as 41 FPS,by sites who have make benchmarks on the game already.

The 7950 doesn't get 60 on 1080p max out,so yeah the majority of PC out there can't play it 1080p 60 FPS either,hell going by Steam most PC had 560Ti actually weaker than the PS4.

Yes, because a beta is so relivable.

The beta was unoptimized as ****. Two of my friends, one with a 680, the other a 7870, both at high: 680 = 45fps and stutter, 7870 = 60fps almost smooth.

And any benchmark made before the 2nd patch is irrelevant since that fixed the stuttering and poor performance for a lot of people. The beta build was also an old version of the game, Bach said.

Probably a 7950 will be able to run it locked @ 60fps at high/ultra mixed.

Windows 8 fixes 680's stuttering issues. AMD Mantle BF4 patch around Q4 2013.

It would LOL when 7970+Mantle catches up with NVIDIA Titan.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

They'll be needing all the straws they can grasp. February 2014: "Just you wait! Titanfall's coming! We'll get games then!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Didn't we go through this earlier this year? 720p upscaled to 1080p isn't necessarily bad if the detail levels (and other factors such as amount of antialiasing) are identical across different resolutions. I even posted some Crysis 2 images of native 1080p and upscaled 720p. The latter didn't look bad at all when the game was maxed out on both resolutions.

Please don't start with the trying to accommodate for 2x the pixels not being a noticeable improvement. There's an immediately apparent, significant difference and 720p is not acceptable. If you're willing to settle for that, then just stick to this generation instead of ruining other's experiences with your square-wheeled thinking.

And as always, nowhere in this thread has a source been given that confirms the resolution either of the PS4 or X1 versions will be running at.
BF4Central does not provide a source at all for the random arsepickings it provides.
That other random site misconstrues from a tweet that the PS4 version will be running at 720p, when what the DICE bloke actually said is that it's currently (in late August) running at 720p and they're still in the process of developing the game, i.e. things may change, it's work in progress.

This is a reason why developers don't want/get to share things. People are dumb and will twist their words against them.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@McStrongfast said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Didn't we go through this earlier this year? 720p upscaled to 1080p isn't necessarily bad if the detail levels (and other factors such as amount of antialiasing) are identical across different resolutions. I even posted some Crysis 2 images of native 1080p and upscaled 720p. The latter didn't look bad at all when the game was maxed out on both resolutions.

Please don't start with the trying to accommodate for 2x the pixels not being a noticeable improvement. There's an immediately apparent, significant difference and 720p is not acceptable. If you're willing to settle for that, then just stick to this generation instead of ruining other's experiences with your square-wheeled thinking.

And as always, nowhere in this thread has a source been given that confirms the resolution either of the PS4 or X1 versions will be running at.

BF4Central does not provide a source at all for the random arsepickings it provides.

That other random site misconstrues from a tweet that the PS4 version will be running at 720p, when what the DICE bloke actually said is that it's currently (in late August) running at 720p and they're still in the process of developing the game, i.e. things may change, it's work in progress.

This is a reason why developers don't want/get to share things. People are dumb and will twist their words against them.

Bullsh*t, get off your high horse! If youare sitting more than a few feet away (<4 feet, actually), you cannot tell a difference.

Oh, and there are PS4 games launching sub-1080p, as well.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Didn't a dev say that the ps4 version was running higher that 720p but lower than 1080p? Or is this 720p news more recent than that? I guess we wait until launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Starting to sound like it probably won't be 1080p though.

Pixel Enemy: There’s recently been a furor over what resolution BF4 will be on next-gen platforms. Can you state once and for all, if BF4 for PS4/Xbox One will run at 1080p? If not, what resolution are you guys shooting for since we’re about a month from release?

KM Troedsson: We always evaluate what is the best quality & performance tradeoff for each platform and make decisions for graphical quality and resolution accordingly. With the power of Frostbite 3, not only will Battlefield 4 looks fantastic on Xbox One and PS4, but it will also deliver the all-out-warfare experience our fans have come to expect from DICE. And don’t forget, for the first time ever on next-gen consoles Battlefield 4 will support 64 player matches all running at 60fps. Combine that with intense Levolution moments both big and small and the return of Commander Mode and you have the best looking, deepest, and most fun Battlefield experience ever on console.

PixelEnemy

If they were confident in attaining 1080p he'd probably say something to that effect instead of entering PR diversion & defense mode.

And you stoneage folks who want games to be 720p are crazy.

I just did some testing on my TV. Payday 2 and Testament of Sherlock Holmes.The first thing you notice when switching down is the jaggies and shimmering stand out a lot more. Other than that things sort of still seem to look alright. But when you switch up again everything's just that much sharper and more defined. That "looking through a window" effect people always talk about when resolutions get higher. Obviously the closer you sit the more readily apparent the differences will be. 9 feet away on a 55" TV it's still quite tangibly evident.

In conclusion, you people are crazy.
4 feet. Ha!

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Esfan13
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Esfan13 said:

The OP has the numbers backwards.

It is the PS4 that is straining to run BF4 at 720. The XBox One is already running it at at 900 with expectations of 1080 at release.

according to who?

According to my friend who is a game developer currently working on an XBox One project somewhere in the western part of the U.S. He is not involved with BF4, but talks to people who are.

What he said will be obvious to everyone when the BF4 tournament is shown live on XBox One units the first of November.

Anyone who still believes the PS4 is more powerful than the XBox One is in for a big disappointment next month when both are released.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@superclocked said:

LOL!!!!

MORE COW OWNAGE!!!!

That link it's 2 months old.... and the one TC posted is recent. So much for ownage... .-. at least photoshop a picture instead of posting an actual link to make yourself look bad :s

i don't really care.. if i would get BF4 it would be on the PC.. but after that mess of BF3 i'm not looking forward to it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@McStrongfast said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I also expected to see noticeable differences with the extra pixels. There were noticeable differences if you looked hard enough. The thing was, i was expecting glaring differences like night and day. It didn't happen. Granted, I was comparing PC screenshots with the same detail level but at different resolutions. I expected a lot more. Common sense says there should be a noticeable difference. Even that Zee*something*der fella thought the same thing when he saw the screenshots I posted.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#221 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

And Microsoft wants to charge $500 for a 720p gaming machine...

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#222 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

LOL why is everything retarded on the xbone?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Didnt cows say 900p was bad?

For first party exclusive launch titles? Yeah. Especially if it only runs 30fps.

third party titles are a different story. They can make what ever resolution they want to get the results they want, the important thing to take away is that the xbox 1 has been reduced to the last generation's standard of resolution.

Focusing on PS4's resolution seems like a desperate move in this situation but I can understand you are MS/xbox loyalist trying his best change the subject of something that is not flattering to his favorite brand...

But In the same fashion as your deflecting comment, let me ask you this:

Didn't lemmings say there would be no difference between xbox 1 and PS4 multplatform titles for at least 4 or 5 years?

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@I_can_haz said:

They'll be needing all the straws they can grasp. February 2014: "Just you wait! Titanfall's coming! We'll get games then!"

So when do the ps4's games come out? With only two exclusives at launch, your comment here is a little pot and kettle (only the kettle actually has more exclusives for launch)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@Esfan13 said:

@lostrib said:

@Esfan13 said:

The OP has the numbers backwards.

It is the PS4 that is straining to run BF4 at 720. The XBox One is already running it at at 900 with expectations of 1080 at release.

according to who?

According to my friend who is a game developer currently working on an XBox One project somewhere in the western part of the U.S. He is not involved with BF4, but talks to people who are.

What he said will be obvious to everyone when the BF4 tournament is shown live on XBox One units the first of November.

Anyone who still believes the PS4 is more powerful than the XBox One is in for a big disappointment next month when both are released.

My friend works at PS4 and he says Playstation is moneyhatting Bungie to make Halo a PS4 timed exclusive.

GamingCIpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#226  Edited By GamingCIpher
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Phew! Glad I got my 2 780Ti's .... I'm running BF4 just fine :-)