BF4 to run in 900p for the PS4, and 720p for X1.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by cfisher2833 (1521 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@tormentos: each person has a different set up so making that blanket statement is foolish. Also by launch performance will be much better. Bf3 jump like 20fps when they updated it.

By steam stats most have 560TI which is below PS4 level,you can drop the charade FACT is most PC gamers don't have single 7970 or 680GTX even less SLI setups,most have a GPU from 2011 560TI.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as someone who owns the 560ti (albeit one that I've heavily overclocked), I just haven't seen any reason to upgrade. I can generally get a clean 1080p/60fps in the vast majority of games so long as a few extraneous details such as high-level AA and high Ambient Occlusion are toned down. I would assume most people are in the same situation I am in, and won't upgrade until they feel it's necessary. Again, you're acting like it's some huge thing to get to 7970 levels; it's not--it's only $300 and it will only be getting cheaper in the next year or two.

#152 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

Hey, I'm still rolling with a 5850 1 GB. Overclocks like a mother f***er when I feel like it, and is still good enough for most games at medium/high details without extraneous AA and AF at 1080p. At least on PC, even with an older graphics card, I can choose to forgo certain rendering elements to get others or increase my FPS. I love muh freedoms!

#153 Posted by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

Of course you can tell the difference if you get close enough to the TV.

But I best most people don't sit close enough.

http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html

I sit 8.5 feet away form 50" TV and wont notice the difference between 900p and 1080p and probably not even between 720p and 1080p.

All these resolution wars is pointless for most people.

#154 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@tormentos: each person has a different set up so making that blanket statement is foolish. Also by launch performance will be much better. Bf3 jump like 20fps when they updated it.

By steam stats most have 560TI which is below PS4 level,you can drop the charade FACT is most PC gamers don't have single 7970 or 680GTX even less SLI setups,most have a GPU from 2011 560TI.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as someone who owns the 560ti (albeit one that I've heavily overclocked), I just haven't seen any reason to upgrade. I can generally get a clean 1080p/60fps in the vast majority of games so long as a few extraneous details such as high-level AA and high Ambient Occlusion are toned down. I would assume most people are in the same situation I am in, and won't upgrade until they feel it's necessary. Again, you're acting like it's some huge thing to get to 7970 levels; it's not--it's only $300 and it will only be getting cheaper in the next year or two.

R9-280X is a slightly faster 7970 GE with $299 USD price(RRP) tag.

#155 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -
#156 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

At this time, PS4's non-devs user base is near zero.

#157 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

Damn poor Xboners, already dealing with inferior multiplats.

Implying any version of Battlefield 4 not running on a high end PC isn't an inferior multiplat.

#158 Posted by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -
#159 Posted by B-apples (71 posts) -
#160 Posted by cfisher2833 (1521 posts) -
#161 Posted by leandrro (769 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake: i saw KZ running in some 20 fps in MP, it will be capped at 60fps but only if look at the sky or the floor

avg fps in KZ will be around 25fps

in bf4 will be 45fps

no real 60fps in any console game

#162 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -
#163 Posted by TheEroica (13099 posts) -

Pass... Will wait for the 480p version.

#164 Edited by Esfan13 (60 posts) -

The OP has the numbers backwards.

It is the PS4 that is straining to run BF4 at 720. The XBox One is already running it at at 900 with expectations of 1080 at release.

#165 Posted by lostrib (31889 posts) -

@Esfan13 said:

The OP has the numbers backwards.

It is the PS4 that is straining to run BF4 at 720. The XBox One is already running it at at 900 with expectations of 1080 at release.

according to who?

#166 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12851 posts) -

When is the 3ds version coming out?

#167 Edited by Kinthalis (5251 posts) -

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh man, this is delicious. These consoles are goign to struggle this gen.

#168 Posted by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

My plasma tv will make it render at 1080p

#169 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12851 posts) -

What a Plebian statement.

#170 Edited by B-apples (71 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

What do you expect he's emulating a cow.

#171 Posted by SteXmaN (329 posts) -

#172 Edited by lostrib (31889 posts) -

@b-apples said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Jankarcop said:

What do you expect he's emulating a cow.

Giovela isn't a cow

#173 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

You are forgetting PC has a range of GPUs i.e. PS4's GPU slots between R9-270X and R7-260X.

#175 Edited by SteXmaN (329 posts) -

@ronvalencia: more like 7850.

The thing is,they are already outdated just imagine how will they perform in 2 years and where will the PC hardware go.

PS5 in 2015? xD

#176 Posted by tormentos (16545 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

The thing is,they are already outdated just imagine how will they perform in 2 years and where will the PC hardware go.

PS5 in 2015? xD

And i am sure that my PS4 will last and get more game than you probably will play on a stronger GPU like the 7870 or 7950 in 5 or 6 years those GPU would be extincts while my PS4 keep getting great games,hell the PS3 is 7 years old and got a very high rated game,actually higher rated that most PC games this days..Consoles the hardware that never stop giving..lol

#177 Posted by lostrib (31889 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

PS5 in 2015? xD

And i am sure that my PS4 will last and get more game than you probably will play on a stronger GPU like the 7870 or 7950 in 5 or 6 years those GPU would be extincts while my PS4 keep getting great games,hell the PS3 is 7 years old and got a very high rated game,actually higher rated that most PC games this days..Consoles the hardware that never stop giving..lol

Pretty sure the PC has gotten more games this year than the PS3

#178 Edited by SteXmaN (329 posts) -

#179 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@SteXmaN said:

PS5 in 2015? xD

With next-gen consoles, AMD based PC has Mantle APIs which is based on console's low level APIs.

Radeon HD 2900 XT's 320 stream processors with VLIW5 format went up to the low end AMD Radeon HD 7x00 series.

My old Radeon HD 4650M 512MB GDDR3 (320 stream processors with VLIW5 format) which is directly based from 2900/38x0 and still plays multi-platform games like PS3/Xbox 360.

Note AMD Tahiti's shift from flagship segment to 7870 GE's mid-high segment i.e. R9-280X.

#180 Posted by neversummer75 (980 posts) -
#181 Posted by neversummer75 (980 posts) -
#182 Edited by groowagon (2740 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

If you find a difference between 900p and 720p on a big screen, you're ridiculous.

if you don't see a difference between 900p and 720p on a big screen, you're blind.

#183 Edited by I_can_haz (6492 posts) -

^ ^ apparently dumb lems don't know how to check the dates on articles they read. That article is over 2 months old. You guys aren't even trying anymore, it's just a continuous circle of self-ownage for you guys nowadays.

#184 Posted by neversummer75 (980 posts) -

^ ^ apparently dumb lems don't know how to check the dates on articles they read. That article is over 2 months old. You guys aren't even trying anymore, it's just a continuous circle of self-ownage for you guys nowadays.

Give us a link of an actual article that quotes a developer indicating that the PS4 runs the game at 900p and the X1 runs it at 720p? Where is it, tool?

#185 Edited by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

I feel sorry for the Xbox fans but I can't say I didn't expect this.

#186 Posted by blackace (19785 posts) -

Here's the link:

LINKY!!!!!!!

The web page have the date for today, so the info isn't old, and while it was floating around here by fanboys, there was no actual source backing up their claims back then.

Thoughts?

So none of them are 1080p? I won't be getting BF4 for either system then. lol!! I'll wait and see if they patch them later on down the road.

#187 Edited by bezza2011 (2228 posts) -

I'm a little disappointed to be honest, i mean 720p isn't great esp when you consider that this gen was mostly full of 720p games, shame they can't push it up, i mean yes they will find ways round things to up it in the end but already having problems out of the gate isn't good but we can't judge on any system until the 3rd year at least.

#188 Posted by blackace (19785 posts) -

Wow that really sad for the Xbone

It's actually sad for both systems, because neither of them are in 1080P. Even sadder for the PS4 since it's suppose to be 50% more powerful then XB1, but can't run the game in 1080P @60fps. I'll pass on this game. Devs will get it right eventually.

#189 Posted by NFJSupreme (5035 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Eddie-Vedder said:

It's actually sad for both systems, because neither of them are in 1080P. Even sadder for the PS4 since it's suppose to be 50% more powerful then XB1, but can't run the game in 1080P @60fps. I'll pass on this game. Devs will get it right eventually.

so you are passing on a great game because it isn't native 1080p? It's time for you to get a PC.

#190 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Eddie-Vedder said:

so you are passing on a great game because it isn't native 1080p? It's time for you to get a PC.

I concur. Sure, the system is a bit more expensive, but the games are dirt cheap, gaming online is free, the graphics are far superior, and the 1080p Oculus Rift is going to be amazing...

#191 Posted by navyguy21 (12703 posts) -

Both versions have been confirmed at 720p. Not sure why we are continuing this discussion...

#192 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

@ermacness said:

Here's the link:

LINKY!!!!!!!

The web page have the date for today, so the info isn't old, and while it was floating around here by fanboys, there was no actual source backing up their claims back then.

Thoughts?

What actual source? There is none.

"Right now we're still performance fixing, bug fixing, memory fixing, so we're still deciding. Right now I think we're running in 720."
-Lars Gustavsson, Creative Director DICE

Actual quote from actual DICE person, from late August.

People in this thread need to learn how things like game development, sources and words work.
As soon as some random person puts something up on their blog it's apparently truth. Absolutely pathetic.

#193 Edited by neversummer75 (980 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ermacness said:

Here's the link:

LINKY!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

So none of them are 1080p? I won't be getting BF4 for either system then. lol!! I'll wait and see if they patch them later on down the road.

It does not quote any developers as saying that the PS4 version is running at 900p. It was simply the author of the article that is implying that it does. It is apparent that the author of the article is a total PS4 homer and was going out of his way to manipulate. The link that I provided actual has a quote from an actual developer saying that the PS4 will be running the game at 720p at launch. Nice try pathetic cows/tools.

#194 Posted by neversummer75 (980 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ermacness said:

Here's the link:

LINKY!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

It does not quote any developers as saying that the PS4 version is running at 900p. It was simply the author of the article that is implying that it does. It is apparent that the author of the article is a total PS4 homer and was going out of his way to manipulate. The link that I provided actual has a quote from an actual developer saying that the PS4 will be running the game at 720p at launch. Nice try pathetic cows/tools.

All fanboys suck. However, the cows have got to be the worst of them all....I've never seen anything like it. It amazes me the time and effort they put into manipulating, flat out lying to diminish the X1 and to make the PS4 sound so much better. We all know that the PS4 is more powerful, but not by a significant amount. Both systems are capable of producing great visuals. They act like the X1=Nintendo 64 in regards to visuals and what not. I think it's fun to provide actual links and credible articles that blows their arguments out of the water. Trying to say that PS4 version of BF runs at 900p with no CREDABLE sources. Silly pathetic cows/tools. hahaha!

#195 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (492 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

@silversix_ said:

@campzor said:

@silversix_ said:

For 8 years every1 was stuck with 720p. For the next 10 years we're getting the same fking resolution. 18 years with the same res.... what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

most next gen games are 1080p, relax.

dunno, if launch titles are having problems imagine in 2-3 years from now.

I agree that 1080p should be standard next gen, but most launch games already are.

As for the future games, i don't see early PS4/X1 adopters, used to 1080p at launch, accepting a downgrade with a smile in the face. Look at current gen; With a few exceptions, devs managed to keep the 720p, from 2005 to 2013.

A few exceptions LOL Good one indeed mister.

#196 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (492 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

Funny. The screenshot thread on the PC game forum is loaded with screenshots from people who are playing the BF4 beta at maximum settings, 1080p (or even more), and getting 60 fps.

Yeah is loaded by the same people,once again reason why i say most PC,if you don't have a 7970 or better GPU don't expect 1080p max out with 60 FPS,even the 7970 average 60 but has drops as low as 41 FPS,by sites who have make benchmarks on the game already.

The 7950 doesn't get 60 on 1080p max out,so yeah the majority of PC out there can't play it 1080p 60 FPS either,hell going by Steam most PC had 560Ti actually weaker than the PS4.

Yes, because a beta is so relivable.

The beta was unoptimized as fuck. Two of my friends, one with a 680, the other a 7870, both at high: 680 = 45fps and stutter, 7870 = 60fps almost smooth.

And any benchmark made before the 2nd patch is irrelevant since that fixed the stuttering and poor performance for a lot of people. The beta build was also an old version of the game, Bach said.

Probably a 7950 will be able to run it locked @ 60fps at high/ultra mixed.

#197 Posted by pelvist (4478 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@psymon100 said:

Seems weird actually. PS4 has a 50% GPGPU FLOPS advantage over XB1. Yes?

1600 x 900 = 1440K pixels

1280 x 720 = 921.6K pixels

1440K / 921.6K = 1.5625 ... or a 56.25% 'pixels rendered' advantage.

So, in this particular instance, assuming the same frame rate, PS4's pixel advantage is disproportionately higher than the flop advantage, it's doing better than I'd ever suspect.

There could be more going on, resolution isn't everything, but still ... how curious.

Anyway, my girlfriend wants this so it's pre-ordered on Origin. I've seen the BF4 Beta running on PC, and on 360 and hahahaha, that 360 version. Hilarious.

Possibly due to the rumoured (and suggested by devs) advantage the PS4 has in drivers. There was definitely one dev/leaker who claimed the PS4's drivers were in a more mature state iirc. Who knows whether this gap will be shortened or widened, personally i'm predicting a catch up initially as the Xbox drivers match the PS4 and then a widening as the PS4's stronger hardware and GPU compute is made the most of.

What's most surprising from this is not the difference in hardware but the fact that it's been confirmed before the release of one of the graphically stronger multiplat titles and that MS hasn't managed to convince the devs to gimp the PS4 version. At least politics isn't getting in the way as was suggested before.

Guess this is why we didn't see much in the way of gameplay of the Xbox versions of multiplats.

Have you seen the PS360 beta?

360 runs at a lower resolution,has worse textures,AA,shadows,and more !! lol

:D

Come off it, its obviously that cinematic blur Loosey used to talk about!

#198 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

Didn't we go through this earlier this year? 720p upscaled to 1080p isn't necessarily bad if the detail levels (and other factors such as amount of antialiasing) are identical across different resolutions. I even posted some Crysis 2 images of native 1080p and upscaled 720p. The latter didn't look bad at all when the game was maxed out on both resolutions.

#199 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@navyguy21: well cows are living in a world of delusion. 50 percent more powerful should easily have the ps4 at 1080p ? Right? Hahahahaha so mich delusion

#200 Edited by Pray_to_me (2738 posts) -

Lol looks like the xbone can't handle full HD with its barely-above-WiiU hardware. We all know PS4 can since we've already seen Killzone in full 1080P and that's an actual next gen title unlike this lol 360 port. lmFAO. Poor MS fanboys: forever with the jelly in their butthurt lol.