BF4 Is Better With You Guessed It.......

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

Kinect

The Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 will feature head-tracking, Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon. Specifically, the camera will be used for leaning and peaking, as well as voice commands.

During a demo event, Kinect could locate where a player was seated and then track their head movements, which would correspond to the character being able to lean around corners in-game.

Battlefield 4 developer DICE producer Patrick Bach said in September that the Xbox One version could support head-tracking, though this was not a confirmed feature at the time.

And please spare me the, 'Kinect sucks'. It is optionally used.

#2 Edited by Chutebox (37942 posts) -

How does that make it "better"?

#3 Edited by _Matt_ (9273 posts) -

Good for those who want it... I guess.

I would rather not lean about and turn my head all the time when I'm playing my games though, cheers.

#4 Posted by def_mode (4080 posts) -

i dont want to see other player's faces when i play a game. dafuq?

#5 Edited by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

How does that make it "better"?

Options are usually a good thing.

#6 Posted by wolverine4262 (20071 posts) -

Thats pretty cool... if it works well.

#7 Posted by Chutebox (37942 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

How does that make it "better"?

Options are usually a good thing.

Sure, they also don't make something better just because they're there.

#8 Edited by Multipass35 (312 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Kinect

The Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 will feature head-tracking, Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon. Specifically, the camera will be used for leaning and peaking, as well as voice commands.

During a demo event, Kinect could locate where a player was seated and then track their head movements, which would correspond to the character being able to lean around corners in-game.

Battlefield 4 developer DICE producer Patrick Bach said in September that the Xbox One version could support head-tracking, though this was not a confirmed feature at the time.

And please spare me the, 'Kinect sucks'. It is optionally used.

let me get this straight... BF4 already looks better on The One then PS4, now The One gets more features and a better version?

Sony is done.

#10 Posted by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

How does that make it "better"?

Options are usually a good thing.

Sure, they also don't make something better just because they're there.

Well better is subjective. For me it is better for you who knows.

#11 Posted by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Wouldn't you much rather have better graphics?

If I truly cared about minute graphical differences I would choose a superior PC over convenience. I will stick with good enough, innovation, and convenience any day of the week.

#12 Edited by McStrongfast (4277 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Kinect

The Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 will feature head-tracking, Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon. Specifically, the camera will be used for leaning and peaking, as well as voice commands.

During a demo event, Kinect could locate where a player was seated and then track their head movements, which would correspond to the character being able to lean around corners in-game.

Battlefield 4 developer DICE producer Patrick Bach said in September that the Xbox One version could support head-tracking, though this was not a confirmed feature at the time.

And please spare me the, 'Kinect sucks'. It is optionally used.

So it doesn't actually feature head-tracking then? Head-tracking means you literally use your head to make the character look around, so you can for instance look in one direction but move or shoot in another. This sounds more like waggling your head around instead of pushing a button to perform a binary action.

The way leaning works in BF4 without Kinect is you walk up to say a corner, and then if you aim, the character leans out so you can shoot around it.

So with Kinect you'll have to actually tilt your head to do this? That doesn't sound great.

If voice commands work reliably that might be preferable to the commorose as you don't need to essentially pause and pull up a menu for two seconds. But you know, it's two seconds.

#14 Posted by Chutebox (37942 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

How does that make it "better"?

Options are usually a good thing.

Sure, they also don't make something better just because they're there.

Well better is subjective. For me it is better for you who knows.

Fair enough

#15 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I see that as cool because sometimes I lean to look around corners anyways. Not on purpose, but it happens.

#16 Posted by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

Meh..

#17 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

No thanks. I'm more than happy with the better graphics the PS4 version offers.

#18 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15866 posts) -

Could have fooled me, I thought you were going to say the cloud.

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (11959 posts) -

occu? Oh. Kinect.

#20 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10311 posts) -

#21 Posted by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

Pfft, gameplay features? caring about gameplay is last gen bro.

#22 Posted by silversix_ (15596 posts) -

This is as much DC you will see from lems. Higher level of DC will detonate their heads. I'll leave this thread with one number. ---------$500-------

#23 Edited by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

Pfft, gameplay features? caring about gameplay is last gen bro.

Exactly, innovative gameplay is way behind the 1.8tflopzors, or the 1080p with muddy textures and fog. What is MSoft thinking trying to come up with new ways to interact with games. Its not like we want more engrossing games.

#24 Edited by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

And so it begins! More immersive game play? check

#25 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15866 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

This is as much DC you will see from lems. Higher level of DC will detonate their heads. I'll leave this thread with one number. ---------$500-------

There's so much dc there's even threads reassuring other lems. I've never seen it this bad.

The smart thing to do would be wait and see, that goes for both ps4 and xbone. Although the quadizzle is looking like a much better proposition right now.

#26 Edited by Snugenz (12673 posts) -

So it's better to wait for Kinect to determine when you're leaning instead of letting the game do it contextually (which it does really well btw) ?.

#27 Posted by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

So it's better to wait for Kinect to determine when you're leaning instead of letting the game do it contextually (which it does really well btw) ?.

Sounds like you won't be turning on the 'option'. You could always see if the PS4 does it bet.............oh wait.

#28 Edited by Snugenz (12673 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Snugenz said:

So it's better to wait for Kinect to determine when you're leaning instead of letting the game do it contextually (which it does really well btw) ?.

Sounds like you won't be turning on the 'option'. You could always see if the PS4 does it bet.............oh wait.

Options are cool and fair play it might be fun to use in SP, but i highly doubt anyone would use this in MP is all i'm saying.

#29 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Yes everyone. That's what your extra hundred dollars and weaker games console is all for. Peaking.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (46456 posts) -

The DS4 paired with the most powerful video game console to have ever been created the PS4? Awwwww yeahhhhhh

#31 Edited by SolidTy (45540 posts) -

Sweet, I can move and twitch my head around if I elect to purchase the inferior next generation Battlefield 4 for my Xbone.

I wonder how many gaming sore neck sessions it will take me to turn that Kinect feature the f*** off. I look forward to getting extra kills with the BF4 gamers that have this Kinect feature equipped when playing BF4 online. They will turn it off just as fast. This is the opposite of useful for competitive online playing standpoint.

It's really just a neat idea on paper, until it's executed in practice.

I work, school, hit the gym...when I come home it's relax to the max time, I don't want to be moving my body or neck in my comfy leather reclining sofa to play videogames with Kinect.

Looking forward to the probable 2014's Kinectless Xbones to be released next year in an effort to get the price down.

#32 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Bobble head, this gens waggle >_>

#33 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

How does that make it "better"?

Options are usually a good thing.

Options are only a good thing if you use them. If not, then they are a useless feature.

#34 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

Mouse >>>>>>>>>> headtracking gimmick which is actually worse than thumbsticks

Inferiorsoles

#35 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Wouldn't you much rather have better graphics?

This. But also performance and controls.

BTW when did you become a PC gaming supporter? I like this new you.

#36 Posted by remiks00 (2338 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

#37 Posted by NEWTOTROLLING (10 posts) -

w/ PC

#38 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

People making fun of the peaking and head tracking here are missing the point. It is just the start of developers finding ways to utilize Kinect and immerse the gamer into whatever atmosphere they create. This should be seen as merely a sign of the possible great things to come.

#39 Posted by soulitane (13775 posts) -

So basically I'll have to sit perfectly still when playing so as not to make my character lean when I don't want to?

#40 Posted by bumsonfire (250 posts) -

OMG, this will be epic! CANT WAIT!!

#41 Posted by with_teeth26 (6264 posts) -

Shame it won't make the game any less shit

#42 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

PS4 lean with the DS4 motion sensor is a much better way and you don't look like as much a weirdo.

#43 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3210 posts) -

lol kinect

#44 Posted by BranKetra (49388 posts) -

Augmented reality is gradually becoming mainstream.

#45 Edited by GhettoBlastin92 (1228 posts) -

Not sure I would called that a good thing. Am I the only one who doesn't care for this motion stuff in games like these? If that feature was in a great kinect game sure, but not BF4.

#46 Edited by Thunder7151 (443 posts) -

Even if the XBOX ONE version of BF4 was 1000 times better than the PS4 version, the Cows would STILL not admit it.

#48 Posted by tdkmillsy (1624 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Wouldn't you much rather have better graphics?

No, if I did I'd get it on PC. Xbox One brings a different way of playing and I'm good with that.

#50 Edited by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

Yeah no thanks,I´d rather have proper function and useful devices like the TrackIR or the Oculus Rift for that stuff,now that´s true innovation,not that kinect trash.