BF4 Comparisons Farce! PS4 Co-op vs X1 Single Player

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Gesyma (1033 posts) -

PS4 Co-op Campaign Footage vs X1 True Single player Campaign Footage

There's something I noticed in the top right of all the comparison images, gifs, videos etc. that were posted last night. In EVERY instance the PS4 is running a co-op version of the campaign whereas the Xbox One version is running single player.

Could this be the discrepancy some are noticing with the textures? What would the PS4 version look like if it was legit single player?! Why won't DF show the real 1P vs 1P comparisons!?

Evidence here... check out the top right corner it's clear that the PS4 version is running co-op:

here it appears the ps4 is running 5 player co-op and being compared to x1 single player:

.. WTF!? I could be wrong but this doesn't look good for the Xbox one if the comparisons are still favoring the PS4 version and it's not even true single player. Ouch.

#2 Posted by StormyJoe (4739 posts) -

@Gesyma said:

PS4 Co-op Campaign Footage vs X1 True Single player Campaign Footage

There's something I noticed in the top right of all the comparison images, gifs, videos etc. that were posted last night. In EVERY instance the PS4 is running a co-op version of the campaign whereas the Xbox One version is running single player.

Could this be the discrepancy some are noticing with the textures? What would the PS4 version look like if it was legit single player?! Why won't DF show the real 1P vs 1P comparisons!?

http://i.imgur.com/HWb79lR.gif Evidence here... check out the top right corner it's clear that the PS4 version is running co-op

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2013/Cga4zT.gif <--here it appears the ps4 is running 5 player co-op and being compared to x1 single player

.. WTF!? I could be wrong but this doesn't look good for the Xbox one if the comparisons are still favoring the PS4 version and it's not even true single player. Ouch.

Poor cows. Such a meltdown you are having. You should have listend to people like me instead of people like Tormentos...

#3 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

Nah, the networking wouldn't affect image quality any whatsoever. Good eye though :)

#4 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9678 posts) -

sticky icky

#5 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

#6 Posted by Gesyma (1033 posts) -

@superclocked: Pretty sure the textures and anti-aliasing effects would need to be lessened to ensure a good framerate, this is why SP always looks better than MP

#7 Posted by Gesyma (1033 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Proofs in the pudding bro, you haven't even seen the true single player footage of the PS4 version yet... it can only get better from here