BF3 still in the top 10 on NPD - proof that gamers demand quality FPS

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Sprinting isn't fast enough.

How can I use vehicles when they gone? And I can't spawn in them because they are always full.

I have played Walking Field, look at my gamertag in my sig I used to own Walking Company 2. Sold it for a PSN card and bought COD map packs instead, far better value and fun.

ShadowMoses900

You have no attention span or skill, we get it, now move along.

I have plenty of attention span, in COD I often stay bunkered in one area and just kill people that come by, if I had no attention span I wouldn't be able to win.

In terms of skill I bet I could own your ass in COD online, if we both played Walking Field we would have to on seperate teams because there is no free for all (Walking Field has hardly any features) and we would probably never find each other because the maps are too big.

Well now see, I play the PC version with 64 players, that and it looks amazing, and people are just generally better. so you can see, I don't have that problem.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#102 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
its bf3. i love the game and everything, but there's a whole lot of milkage, unnecessary streamlining, and inability to fix problems going on. definitely not 'quality'. quality is synonym for valve. /thread
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

I don't see the quality in Walking Field 3. The campaings in Walking Field games are jokes, I couldn't even finish Walking Company 2 campaign.

The mulitplayer is not that great either, the maps are too large which makes it very hard to find people to kill, the highest kill rate I got in a match was 6, that's right I only came across 6 peole the entire time. What did I do with the rest of the time? Why just walk around of course.

It takes too long to get to the objectives, by the time you do the match is basically over or you get killed and have to walk ALL the way back. Don't bother with vehicles because people hog them and won't share, and it takes FOREVER for a new vehcile to spawn.

The game is just an overrated waste of money, there is no way in hell Walking Field is better than COD.

ShadowMoses900

Try playing BF3 PC, those issues don't apply.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]COD in top 10, casual trash. BF in top 10, gamers demanding quality. LOL!LegatoSkyheart

COD is more casual than Battlefield.

In Battlefield you can revive people, give people ammo and work together as a team to defeat the other Team.

Call of Duty really is just a run and gun game, no tatics involved.

Just because a game doesn't spell teamplay out to you doesn't mean it's not involved.
COD has this tactics mechanic known as shooting. And that's generally enough.
Your teammates help you by shooting people. There is just as many tactics in that, if not more, than simply pressing a button when your teammate knifes you repeatedly.
Not to say that BF doesn't have the shooting, but to say that CoD doesn't have tactics or skill because it doesn't have clear class roles is just stupid. It's a multiplayer game, of course it has tactics, if it didn't then you'd be making a mint slapping kids on the pro circuit. But you're not.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#105 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

There a lot of games that come to mind when the word qualtiy is mentioned.

Battlefield 3 ain't one of them.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#106 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
I don't see the quality in Walking Field 3. ShadowMoses900
stopped right there. proof that person is clueless
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#107 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Sprinting isn't fast enough.

How can I use vehicles when they gone? And I can't spawn in them because they are always full.

I have played Walking Field, look at my gamertag in my sig I used to own Walking Company 2. Sold it for a PSN card and bought COD map packs instead, far better value and fun.

ShadowMoses900

You have no attention span or skill, we get it, now move along.

I have plenty of attention span, in COD I often stay bunkered in one area and just kill people that come by, if I had no attention span I wouldn't be able to win.

In terms of skill I bet I could own your ass in COD online, if we both played Walking Field we would have to on seperate teams because there is no free for all (Walking Field has hardly any features) and we would probably never find each other because the maps are too big.

:lol: Classic

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I don't see the quality in Walking Field 3. The campaings in Walking Field games are jokes, I couldn't even finish Walking Company 2 campaign.

The mulitplayer is not that great either, the maps are too large which makes it very hard to find people to kill, the highest kill rate I got in a match was 6, that's right I only came across 6 peole the entire time. What did I do with the rest of the time? Why just walk around of course.

It takes too long to get to the objectives, by the time you do the match is basically over or you get killed and have to walk ALL the way back. Don't bother with vehicles because people hog them and won't share, and it takes FOREVER for a new vehcile to spawn.

The game is just an overrated waste of money, there is no way in hell Walking Field is better than COD.

ShadowMoses900

And everytime you say this I will bring up the facts that you suck at the game and don't even own it

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#109 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

ShadowMoses900

Battlefield has modes that is centered on that.

I believe that mode is Rush.

If you have the attention span to Camp in a Run and Gun game, you can Camp by a Base and actually help your team win.

Just because a game doesn't spell teamplay out to you doesn't mean it's not involved.

Your teammates help you by shooting people. There is just as many tactics in that, if not more, than simply pressing a button when your teammate knifes you repeatedly.
Not to say that BF doesn't have the shooting, but to say that CoD doesn't have tactics or skill because it doesn't have clear class roles is just stupid. It's a multiplayer game, of course it has tactics, if it didn't then you'd be making a mint slapping kids on the pro circuit. But you're not.

Overlord93

my Point is that COD tatics and teamwork isn't needed, one person can carry the entire team and win. Battlefield? You can't do that. You HAVE to HAVE team work. The ENTIRE TEAM has to work to win, not just one person.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#110 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

seanmcloughlin

And everytime you say this I will bring up the facts that you suck at the game and don't even own it

I used to own Walking Company 2, check my gamertag in my sig, I have trophies for it. Lol SeanMcmuffins got owned again. Like I told Rocker, he is the Joker and you are Harley Quin and I am Batman. I always win bro.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
battlefield 3 is easily the best multiplayer game until halo 4 comes out
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I used to own Walking Company 2, check my gamertag in my sig, I have trophies for it. Lol SeanMcmuffins got owned again. Like I told Rocker, he is the Joker and you are Harley Quin and I am Batman. I always win bro.

You used to own it.

doesn't mean you were good at it.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Until you sold it in a strop because you were getting owned :lol:

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

LegatoSkyheart

You used to own it.

doesn't mean you were good at it.

Doesn't matter if I was good at it or not. The fact is that I found the game to be a boring, overrated waste of money. I'm only good at a smalle few online games anyway: COD, Uncharted, Killzone, and RDR.

The last game I mentioned I have not played online for a long time so I probably suck at that now to. I am good at co-op online games though like Resident Evil.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LegatoSkyheart

Doesn't matter if I was good at it or not. The fact is that I found the game to be a boring, overrated waste of money. I'm only good at a smalle few online games anyway: COD, Uncharted, Killzone, and RDR.

The last game I mentioned I have not played online for a long time so I probably suck at that now to. I am good at co-op online games though like Resident Evil.

ShadowMoses900

You thought Battlefield was boring, but not Killzone?

Excuse me, my brain needs reassembling.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Complains about how bad BF3 is yet doesn't own it and "used to own" BC2 :roll: yeah you totally win "bro"

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
You say it's quality and that that's the reason why it's still in the top 10, but you give no reasons for why it's quality, you just say it is. Great thread.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

I don't care about the technical differences, COD and Battlefield are the same type of shooter.

Halo incorporates a free-roam aspect (as in jumping on top of structures instead of being forced to use ramps and ladders), which is different enough for me.

arto1223

What a tool.

On point, good for DICE. BF3 is a fantastic shooter and only second to BF2142 this gen.

Little do you suspect, I'm not actually hating on Battlefield 3.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

LegatoSkyheart

It's called an opinion.

And KZ has better graphics than BF so it's more engaging.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#120 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]COD in top 10, casual trash. BF in top 10, gamers demanding quality. LOL!Overlord93

In Battlefield you can revive people, give people ammo and work together as a team to defeat the other Team.

There is zero teamwork involved in CoD. They're built entirely around the idea of mindlessly running and gunning.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I believe BF3 is the greatest FPS MP game ever, the pinnacle of FPS MP competitive gaming.

nunovlopes

a1n6dj.gif

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mems_1224

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

It's called an opinion.

:lol: WHAT?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Master_ShakeXXX

There is zero teamwork involved in CoD. They're built entirely around the idea of mindlessly running and gunning.

Try saying that when a competetive team has you spawn locked and systematically farms you for gunships.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#124 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Just because a game doesn't spell teamplay out to you doesn't mean it's not involved.

Overlord93

Try saying that when a competetive team has you spawn locked and systematically farms you for gunships.

I will, when I actually run into a coordinated team. Fat chance of that happening in a CoD game where people only care about going for that next big killstreak and their KDR.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#125 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Always refreshing to see real life directly contradicting SW.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I will, when I actually run into a coordinated team. Fat chance of that happening in a CoD game where people only care about going for that next big killstreak and their KDR.

As opposed to battlefield, where half the team sits in the spawn menu, teleports into the havoc , straps c4 to it and flies it into enemy tanks. So much teamplay.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Just because a game doesn't spell teamplay out to you doesn't mean it's not involved.

Overlord93

Any "competitive" game where that can happen is not a competitive game.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#128 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

cod and bf3 are both lame war fps games, 007 legends goldeneye bloodstone quantum of solace are better

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Overlord93

Spawn locked is a design flaw.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Overlord93

MBirdy88

*cough* metro *cough*
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

DarkLink77

Any "competitive" game where that can happen is not a competitive game.

Yah, I was going to say this.

It's just amazing how when someone's only real experience with multiplayer FPS games is CoD, and CoD-clones, they treat such glaring design flaws as great gameplay elements.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I wouldn't really call BF3 quality, I can see the rest of the series going down hill very quickly. It's still of a higer calibre than COD though.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]The maps are huge.nunovlopes

Compared to other BF games in the past only the Armored Kill maps are huge. The pace of the game is way too fast for the Karkand maps. I can only play them with 32 players. All the what you call "big" vanilla maps have large playable area's but all the flags are clustered in the middle.

Having the bases far away from the flags is a good thing, it makes cornering the losing team into their base much more difficult. BC2 was a plague in this regard. It was insanely easy for the winning team to completely corner the losing team in their base, to the point where you simply couldn't leave your base. This is extremely annoying.

For example, Armored Shield suffers from this problem. It is a prime example of a big map, badly designed. The bases are too close to the flags, and it's easy for a team to corner the other team in their base.

And bigger maps are not automatically better. I personally prefer B2K to AK.

hurrr durrr I'm just don't even...
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Jebus213

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

Having the bases far away from the flags is a good thing, it makes cornering the losing team into their base much more difficult. BC2 was a plague in this regard. It was insanely easy for the winning team to completely corner the losing team in their base, to the point where you simply couldn't leave your base. This is extremely annoying.

For example, Armored Shield suffers from this problem. It is a prime example of a big map, badly designed. The bases are too close to the flags, and it's easy for a team to corner the other team in their base.

And bigger maps are not automatically better. I personally prefer B2K to AK.

nunovlopes

It's still bad in BF3. Teams can totally dominate another and keep them at their base. Look at Caspian

Nope, not possible. The base is too far away. You can easily take a jeep and get out of the base unnoticed. Obviously a very good team against a very bad team will dominate and capture all the flags. But that's not the point. The point is you can leave your base and reach a flag. You'll die there because the other team is better but you had your chance. In BC2, many times you simply could not leave the base, AT ALL. Laguna Alta and Operation Hastings were notoriously bad in this department.

The bases aren't far away in any of the vanilla maps....The game is just even more a merry-go-round of flag capping then any other BF game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Try saying that when a competetive team has you spawn locked and systematically farms you for gunships.Overlord93

*cough* metro *cough*

I know, I'm not using it as competitive ownage though am I?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Overlord93
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Spawn locked is a design flaw.

*cough* metro *cough*

So spawn locking is a deisign flaw. Then surely, battlefield, the king of all spawn locking shooters, is not a quality game, no?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mems_1224

Overlord93

spawn camping isnt good teamwork, its a broken multiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]*cough* metro *cough*Overlord93

So spawn locking is a deisign flaw. Then surely, battlefield, the king of all spawn locking shooters, is not a quality game, no?

i dont care about bf3 im just pointing out your flaw.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#139 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]COD in top 10, casual trash. BF in top 10, gamers demanding quality. LOL!LegatoSkyheart

You can't revive people in Quake 3, can't give ammo either.

Still ten times more skillful than Battlefield 3

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

Massive LOL @ the people claiming and hating BF3 for being too CODish, but in the same breath, claim to love BC2. If any of the BF games somewhat mocked COD, it was BC2.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#141 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

mems_1224

spawn camping isnt good teamwork, its a broken multiplayer

Quoted for truth, spawn camping is garbage. One of the reasons I don't play COD online that much.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Jebus213

Massive LOL @ the people claiming and hating BF3 for being too CODish, but in the same breath, claim to love BC2. If any of the BF games somewhat mocked COD, it was BC2.

ermacness
Yeah cuz I totally said that myself. hurrr durrr
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

Jebus213

Yeah cuz I totally said that myself. hurrr durrr

I didn't read EVERY page bro. Do know that I wouldn't have posted this if I already saw you post it.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#144 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

BF3 = CoD MW2, BO, MW3, BO2, etc...

Turdastic piles of underdeveloped garbage with too much money spent on advertising rather than ironing out the many issues with the game content.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

ermacness

But Battlefield 3 is more like COD, than BC2.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

It's called an opinion.

Killzone's game mechanics are a bit similar to Battlefield's though! Complete with being able to revive a fallen ally. That's why my mind blew up cause you don't like Battlefield but love a game that pretty much does the same minus the vehicles.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]COD in top 10, casual trash. BF in top 10, gamers demanding quality. LOL!OB-47

Quake's Skills are in a different league. There's a LOT of platforming involved and power ups. Quake would be more comparable to Halo 3 or Some the source games than COD or Battlefield.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

Quake's Skills are in a different league. There's a LOT of platforming involved and power ups. Quake would be more comparable to Halo 3 or Some the source games than COD or Battlefield.

Like Half Life 2: Deathmatch.
GuNsbl4ziN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GuNsbl4ziN
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts

Mhm