Beyond Good and Evil 2 development delayed by Rayman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SecretPolice (23902 posts) -

C'mon, get your priorities right will ya !!! :P

I pretty hyped for a BG&E 2 on next gen hardware :D You?

Anyhoo, haven't thought about or heard much about this lately so I decided to share.

Discuss if you wish.

The Story & concept video here...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-14-beyond-good-and-evil-2-development-delayed-by-rayman

Creator needs an extra pair of hands.

The long-awaited Beyond Good & Evil sequel is being held up by the development of Rayman titles, Ubisoft's CEO has said.

Rayman mastermind Michel Ancel has had to put Beyond Good & Evil 2 on the back burner while he completes this year's Rayman Legends.

Last year Ancel had to pour all his efforts into finishing Rayman Origins.

"What's very important is that Michel Ancel is kind of doing too many things at the same time," Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot told Polygon.

"He was working on Rayman Origins last year, and he's working a lot on Rayman Legends this year. So, you know, when he does that, he kind of puts too much of his time on the other projects that he has."

Guillemot confirmed that Beyond Good & Evil 2 was still in development and would eventually see release.

"It's really a game that we've been working, we have worked on, and is a game that we want to do. But there are so many things that have to be done that, you know, this one is going to come in line at one point, but at the moment Michel is really on Rayman Legends."

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was in an "active creation stage" at the end of last year - presumably before Rayman Legends took over Ancel's time. Ubisoft previously hinted the project would not be released on current generation consoles.

"We won't make promises that we can't keep," Ancel said last November. "I can say that it's a very ambitious game and we need some tech to achieve that ambition.

"[We'll] focus on the game. We create it first, then we'll see what can run it. We don't say 2013 because we don't know when it will come."

#2 Posted by XenoNinja (5319 posts) -
cheers ubisoft for putting all your effort into a game I don't care about while a game I do care about gathers dust. I salute you.
#3 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
Sooo one of the best games this gen is delaying one of the best from last gen ? My god whhyyy well their maybe not THAT great but still...Ubisoft get on that **** already I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 !
#4 Posted by lazerface216 (7560 posts) -

cheers ubisoft for putting all your effort into a game I don't care about while a game I do care about gathers dust. I salute you.XenoNinja

cheers to ubisoft for not basing their priorities off of a random GS poster....i salute them.

#5 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
I'm just happy I'll get to play Rayman Legends sooner, hoping for a January 2013 release. It look amazing.
#6 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

It's vapourware at this point tbh...

#7 Posted by Planeforger (16387 posts) -
Makes sense. They're focusing on the far more well-known and profitable IP.
#8 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9522 posts) -

So which game's going to come out first? Beyond Good and Evil 2 or The Last Gaurdian?

#9 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6641 posts) -

So which game's going to come out first? Beyond Good and Evil 2 or The Last Gaurdian?

Pikminmaniac
Versus 13 :P
#10 Posted by AznbkdX (3640 posts) -

Let's see... a game that is the product of a game from last gen that has already gone to vaporware status a few years back or the now profitable Rayman series...

In all seriousness though maybe after Legends they will finally make the damn game. Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of the King.

#11 Posted by getyeryayasout (8683 posts) -
At the end of the day they are a business, and a sequel to a game that sold horribly, despite tremendous critical reception, will have to wait. It's day one for me, though.
#12 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
I used to care, but not anymore. Until they legitimately unveil it, I'm apathetic.
#13 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8205 posts) -
I also like Rayman, so not sure where I really stand on this.
#14 Posted by darkspineslayer (20630 posts) -
Don't bother me none. I prefer platformers
#15 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

At least they are releasing an actual game to bush back vaporware.

Unlike square, who is delaying games that everyone wants (kh3) with more vaporware (Versus XIII)

#16 Posted by Spartan070 (16383 posts) -
Beyond Good & Evil shelved for....ANYTHING?!?!?! Preposterous...