Betrayalton. Polygon just tears Microsoft XBONE a new one

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by EZs (1309 posts) -

It's OK to come out of your closet Polygon.

#52 Posted by Shielder7 (4600 posts) -

The problem is Microsoft thinks they're Apple and can just tell the people what they want to buy.

Anecdotal evidence from the Polygon water cooler suggests that the Kinect may be one of the most hated pieces of equipment in current use, especially among spouses.

LMAO the new marriage ender is here.

#53 Posted by hippiesanta (9726 posts) -

Polygon and Tom Mcshea now realise that microsoft is not manly anymore

#54 Edited by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

Why are cows so jelly of the One.

Now Polygon's opinion matters? lol

@shawn30 said:

So earlier when they did their [podcast they were wrong, but now that they say something anti-MS they are right? :) Opinions are like assess, everybody got one. I don't want a One without Kinect. That's how much I use it and enjoy it. They should drop the price to $400 and eat the loss. That's what they should do IMHO.

well that was pretty damn harsh, lol.

@clone01 said:

@millerlight89 said:

No doubt. Its all they ever talk about.

#55 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3745 posts) -

It's way too early to make the claims this article does. And removing Kinect now would not only be the biggest 180, but it would be THE biggest betrayal, because it would mean that everything the X1 is, is for nothing.

All these technical hiccups are worthless, because MS will definitely improve that stuff in time. It's been three months and the only real complaint is the price which can come down. Worst case MS can sell it at a break even price and take the profit off the hardware. But complaining about Kinect because it hasn't had a chance to get games out and iron out the flaws, is ridiculous at this point.

If all the games out right now were Kinect and not games like Forza, KI etc people would still be complaining.

#56 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I think it's just the type of opinion displayed here more than its value lol. Polygon are corporate journo shills for Micro so for an article that pretty much slams them to be published is some what of an eye brow raising occasion.

#57 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@millerlight89 said:

because they don't have games to play on their shinny ps4

And what games exactly are you playing on Xbone?

#58 Edited by clone01 (24121 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@shawn30 said:

So earlier when they did their [podcast they were wrong, but now that they say something anti-MS they are right? :) Opinions are like assess, everybody got one. I don't want a One without Kinect. That's how much I use it and enjoy it. They should drop the price to $400 and eat the loss. That's what they should do IMHO.

@tymeservesfate said:

well that was pretty damn harsh, lol.

@clone01 said:

@millerlight89 said:

No doubt. Its all they ever talk about.

Why would I be upset about your obsession with a piece of plastic?

#59 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

It is amazing how much attention the Kinect and the voice commands get. At the same time reviews slam the Eye Toy features and voice but no one makes a big stink of it around here. So I will. Eye Toy sucks.

#60 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Polygon are just posing so people stop saying that they are M$' shills. ;)

Entirely plausible.

But that article...........ouch.

#61 Edited by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@-Damien-: LOL! Another Damien post. Trolling at it's worst. You should have your account banned.

#62 Posted by Zaibach (13410 posts) -

Will people stop giving these ass-hats hits?

let them fade into inane obscurity like that other website whose name I can't remember

#63 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

It matters to @-Damien-, because he is a cow troll.

#64 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3266 posts) -

i guess that 750k 'investment' by m$ is drying up, this is a signal for more money

#65 Posted by bforrester420 (999 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Hey, it's your story, tell it however you want.

#66 Edited by tormentos (16393 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

No they still don't matter,the only fun thing about Polygon article is how they own them self and try to act harsh to MS,we all know Polygon is under pay by MS,not only that Arthur Gies is the actual father of the whole secret sauces theories for the xbox one,he was the one on neogaf who didn't know what they had on his hands when he saw the xbox 720 diagrams,and he believed that some of the things it had were special things that make the xbox one more powerful.

They rated Call Of Duty Ghost higher on xbox one vs PS4 based on a few so call frames per second drops on PS4,when the PS4 version was 1080p native the xbox one 720p,yet they rated BF4 the same on both platforms when the xbox one version is lower resolution and slower frame rate wise to.

#67 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

xbox are for people who still think cable TV is viable.

#68 Posted by Heil68 (42556 posts) -

" Polygon's Chris Plante told

me. He had to stop eating in front of the

television, because the Kinect would bring

up the gesture overlay every time he

raised the fork." - typical American peasant! you don't eat in front of TV! (j/k)

It really is annoying when it pops up randomly.

#69 Edited by tormentos (16393 posts) -

I feel sorry for anybody who actually eats this bullshit up.

The ignorance is baffling!

Kinect isn't for everybody, most gamers dislike motion controls... but do they have to shit all over Microsoft for actually innovating gaming technology... because weather you like it or not, its the future... Kinect is just another step in that direction.

Not to mention the ignorance of the Xbox one hardware. Just because Microsoft isn't appealing to the gamers wants (pretty graphics mainly), lets all hate that company and praise the all mighty PS4, which actually isn't anything new in terms of hardware and technology. How will a gaming industry evolve if we don't invest in new things? People don't like change, until its popularized.

But that is the problem is been sold to every one mandatory.

Kinect is not innovation unless you want to pretend that the Eyetoy didn't exist before the xbox 360 was even launch.

Kinect is a gimmick of epic proportion and even with depth sensing still is a piece of crap,unresponsive an full of lag and latency.

Please dude Polygon are MS sucks up,the only reason i can see for them to talk crap about MS,is because they want to win votes with people in the public opinion,after all the secret sauce crap they pull for the xbox one,and how they even rate games better on xbox one based on frames,but refuse to do the same with the PS4,oh an lets not forget MS $700,000 money hat to Polygon..

That is a very 1990s and early 2000s way of thinking, to say only video game accessories should be included with a home console. Consoles are becoming more multimedia focused and have been for some time now.

Blu-ray wasn't as good as DVD for streaming video game content but it was included in the PS3 because Sony was pushing the new format, the format which is now the only way to buy disc-based movies.

This is one of the most stupid things i have read in my entire life...

The xbox 360 DVD drive was 12X the PS3 Blu-ray drive was 2X,the speed of both didn't have anything to do with the quality of the movies which were superior obviously on Blu-ray to DVD,for streaming games the problem was that Blu-ray wasn't good,the problem was that the drive speed was slower than a 12X DVD drive,but the Blu-ray drive make out for it by having constant read speed vs DVD which is variable,it reads parts faster in some parts than on another...

But just so you know a 4X Blu-ray drive has faster streaming speed than a 12x DVD drive,and a 12X Blu-ray drive completely destroy a 12X DVD drive.

And Blu-ray isn't the only way to buy movies now,movies still come out in DVD.

#70 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

I though Polygon was a sock for MS? Then would this not be indirectly stating (maybe) that they are removing it?

#71 Edited by -Damien- (5106 posts) -

@-Damien-: LOL! Another Damien post. Trolling at it's worst. You should have your account banned.

lol so much butthurt

I'm just the messenger here, microsoft shills themselves wrote that article and questioned MS decisions

#72 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@StormyJoe said:

lol so much butthurt

I'm just the messenger here, microsoft shills themselves wrote that article and questioned MS decisions

Really? I am not the dumbass who posted an opinion piece like it was fact. Why don't you just start making threads about SW links?

#73 Posted by bforrester420 (999 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@StormyJoe said:

lol so much butthurt

Really? I am not the dumbass who posted an opinion piece like it was fact. Why don't you just start making threads about SW links?

This Polygon article may be an opinion piece, but it's an opinion that's seemingly shared by the majority.

#74 Edited by Zethrickk382 (118 posts) -

@millerlight89: I think people are losing sight of what this forum is. It's just mudslinging. It tends to be one sided because Sony fans have most of the ammo currently.

#75 Edited by Majeed27 (10 posts) -

If RSOR and DR3 were on PS4, then the XONE position would be almost as low as the Wii U.

#76 Posted by nyzma23 (887 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@millerlight89 said:

because they don't have games to play on their shinny ps4

And what games exactly are you playing on Xbone?

dead rising 3,forza 5,killer instinct,ryse son of rome,zoo tycoon,powerstar golf,titanfall beta

#77 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15867 posts) -

He linked to a Polygon editorial, and a fairly interesting one at that.

Just because it says something you don't agree with doesn't make it trolling, even if it did hurt your feelings. Scroll down the current topic list if you'd like to see some fine examples of actual trolling:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-had-the-worst-launch-of-any-console-in-history-31091066/#26

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/x1-will-end-up-being-the-better-1080p-system-31090896/#50

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ms-to-scrap-the-x1-in-a-few-years-31089562/#51

Trolling is the norm here at SW. This thread doesn't even qualify.

#78 Posted by santoron (7413 posts) -

I don't frequent Polygon, so I missed the part where they became "shills", but the article is spot on: having to pay extra for a Kinect isn't popular with most gamers, and isn't useful for those without a lot of patience for other applications. Dropping it from the console bundle seems to be the easiest way to get the XBone to a price point competitive with the competition without absorbing hundreds of millions in losses.

Of course, we all knew that before the thing launched.

#79 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@-Damien- said:

@StormyJoe said:

lol so much butthurt

This Polygon article may be an opinion piece, but it's an opinion that's seemingly shared by the majority.

Yeah,,, a majority of Sony fanboys.

#80 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Just because it says something you don't agree with doesn't make it trolling, even if it did hurt your feelings. Scroll down the current topic list if you'd like to see some fine examples of actual trolling:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-had-the-worst-launch-of-any-console-in-history-31091066/#26

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/x1-will-end-up-being-the-better-1080p-system-31090896/#50

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ms-to-scrap-the-x1-in-a-few-years-31089562/#51

I am sorry, @Dire_Weasel, I didn't know you were the authority on what constitutes a troll thread.

/end sarcasm

#81 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15867 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

I am sorry, @Dire_Weasel, I didn't know you were the authority on what constitutes a troll thread.

No problem, you're an old poster, I'd figure you'd know better by now.

#82 Posted by FormerTeam (19 posts) -

I was happy with my 360 because it seemed like a real gaming machine (I stuck with the system after two RRODs). I was going to wait for Titanfall, but I decided last week to sell my xbone to a colleague at work. Overall I took an 100+ dollar hit because I sold the console and the three games I owned for 550 bucks. Due to the fact that stock is available the resale market sucks for the xbone.

I am going to purchase a PS4 but really can't find it anywhere. I can't find anywhere that is accepting pre-orders for the PS4.

Microsoft half-assed this gen big time.

#83 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

That site just wants attention... every site just wants clicks.. watch when titanfall come out they'll lick that special spot between the butt cheeks.

#84 Edited by KingsofQueens (2122 posts) -

It is amazing how much attention the Kinect and the voice commands get. At the same time reviews slam the Eye Toy features and voice but no one makes a big stink of it around here. So I will. Eye Toy sucks.

The Eye Toy, unlike the Kinect, isn't exactly and NEVER WAS the main focus for the PS4 (or PS2, PS3 either).

It's just an optional peripheral for gamers, something MS should have done to begin with, but no. MS was so blinded by the casual motion sensing hype they decided to ride on "wii bandwagon."

#85 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The Eye Toy, unlike the Kinect, isn't exactly and NEVER WAS the main focus for the PS4 (or PS2, PS3 either).

It's just an optional peripheral for gamers, something MS should have done to begin with, but no. MS was so blinded by the casual motion sensing hype they decided to ride on "wii bandwagon."

Just because The One comes with it doesn't mean it is a main focus. It adds a nice touch to the system and more important The One has the games.

#86 Posted by KingsofQueens (2122 posts) -

@KingsofQueens said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Just because The One comes with it doesn't mean it is a main focus. It adds a nice touch to the system and more important The One has the games.

It's not? Um......MS has declared it to be an essential part of XBOX ONE, hence their focus on being an ALL in ONE multimedia gaming platform. Removing it would 180 their entire focus and contradict their whole R&D efforts surrounding what the X1 was all about.

#87 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

Ouch someone's pay cheque from MS hasn't come through!

#88 Posted by _Matt_ (8743 posts) -

ah Polygon. Amusing to see lems suddenly hate it and cows suddenly love it

#89 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@KingsofQueens said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's not? Um......MS has declared it to be an essential part of XBOX ONE, hence their focus on being an ALL in ONE multimedia gaming platform. Removing it would 180 their entire focus and contradict their whole R&D efforts surrounding what the X1 was all about.

Essential part and main focus are two different things. It has games AND Kinect.
Something the PS4 is lacking.

#90 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

Microsoft sucks. All they had to do was create a new console with faster hardware, a more refined controller, and better internet capabilities. Sounds like common sense, right? Nope. Microsoft thinks it's a lot better to force their big ugly gimmick technology into the living room and tons of anti-consumerism. If you're buying Xbox products, you might as well give up on having an opinion on gaming: Microsoft will dictate your opinion for you.

#91 Posted by KratosYOLOSwag (306 posts) -

Polygon is just trying to make themselves look more credible. They ain't fooling me. Either that or they want MS to pay up more money.

#92 Posted by KingsofQueens (2122 posts) -

@KingsofQueens said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@KingsofQueens said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Essential part and main focus are two different things. It has games AND Kinect.

Something the PS4 is lacking.

You're damage controlling and blowing hot air.

Kinect is still an essential part of the X1 experience. That is what MS wants and that is why they design the peripheral around the console for that experience.

#93 Posted by l34052 (3061 posts) -

....Largely though, Polygon seems to think Kinect is a video game controller -- which it is not, in any way, nor should it be.

Err that is what it was originally designed to be, 'your body is the controller' etc etc etc remember all of that?

#94 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

So nobody is buying the PS4 camera? And to think of all the work Sony did to make it work with the controller.

#95 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

So nobody is buying the PS4 camera? And to think of all the work Sony did to make it work with the controller.

and nobody is buying the xbox one because of the Kinect,

and to think of all the work ms did to make it work

#96 Posted by Cheleman (7605 posts) -

the xbox one/10 is doing so bad ms can't even afford them anymore rofl rofl and these guys are dirt cheap just rofl

#97 Posted by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@-Damien- said:

@StormyJoe said:

lol so much butthurt

Yeah...no. Nobody can deny facts.

PS4 is stronger. FACT.

#98 Edited by Angryduck67 (220 posts) -

I like Polygon, they have some decent articles. If you think any website is "pro-whomever" because they gave a game you liked a point or two lower than you would, take the stick out of your rear end and get over the fact that different people like different things and not everyone exists to placate your fragile interests. Millennials....I swear.

Anyways, the Kinect is probably going to go down in history as one of the biggest flubs of a peripheral attachment there ever was, sitting on the pantheon next to the 32X. The only person I know who owns an Xbox One, he actually won it in a Mountain Dew contest or something (of all things...slam into a 'Dew and play Xbox, bro-dude!) so he didn't even pay anything for it, and he hates the kinect. It works "half the time" and says he needs to be careful what he does in the living room or it will register some random movement as a gesture. That's 100 bucks for something that annoys you, and generally makes games worse. Can anyone name a single Kinect game that is really good? Genuinely compelling? I think the WIi remote, not wii motion plus but just the remote that couldn't even tell which direction you were moving, was less obtrusive. At least I could plug a normal controller into it. And now the XB1 is moving a little over half the numbers of the PS4 and not even coming close to garnering the same level of 3rd party support, especially from smaller developers (although they have nabbed a few curious exclusives) but it doesn't help that their most interesting game by far is also on the PC. Oh, it's on Origin? Okay, nevermind. They have one interesting exclusive.

I was at that same friend's party last year and asked him if he was getting an XB1, and everyone in the room started laughing. They thought it was a joke. This was just after all the DRM madness had just settled. I was being serious, I knew he was a huge fan of MS's franchises, and he just looked kind of embarrassed and conceited that he just isn't into playstation games but wouldn't admit that he was getting a XB1. At least he didn't even have to pay for it!

#99 Edited by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@bforrester420 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@-Damien- said:

@StormyJoe said:

lol so much butthurt

Yeah...no. Nobody can deny facts.

PS4 is stronger. FACT.

Who the hell is talking about hardware? Go back to the kids table and let the adults talk here...

#100 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17081 posts) -

Microsoft so desperate they now offer $3 per click for any story posted about the x1, even the negative stories.

But yeah, remove Kinect, drop the price, and then you can almost justify the poorer performance...but not really. Say what you want about the Wii U but at least the price almost matches the system specs. Almost.....but not really.