Best value remaster

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I know, it's almost oxymoronic, but still I wanted to give you some food for thought.

Out of all remasters released so far, which one do you think offers best bang for the buck?

TLOU remastered,

Halo TMCC

GTA V

Metro Redux

Sleeping Dogs

DmC 2013

Resident Evil Remake HD

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Homeworld

My vote would go to Metro Redux, Homeworld, Borderlands and Halo, I guess...And yours?

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Metro Redux

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Halo: MCC and BL: Handsome Collection.

MCC has a TON of content, it just would've been nice if a lot of it actually worked for the first few months after release. At least we'll be getting ODST now.

Handsome Collection is a nice bundle too considering BL2 has an endless amount of content and a lot of people probably skipped The Presequel for the 360/PS3. Not to mention 4-player split screen.

Those are the only remasters that had me interested.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

mcc is epitome of value

halo 1

halo 1 anniversary

halo 2

halo 2 anniversary

halo 3

halo 4

ODST

early halo 5 beta access

do u get more value then it in a pckage

60 dollars for friggin borderlands a game thats like 19 bux on steam an looks better on pc cuz they didnt remaster it at all

yeah mcc way better value the best version actually remastered imo

thats what it takes imo

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

MCC

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

For me it was the MCC.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#7 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

@ProtossX said:

mcc is epitome of value

halo 1

halo 1 anniversary

halo 2

halo 2 anniversary

halo 3

halo 4

ODST

early halo 5 beta access

60 dollars for friggin borderlands a game thats like 19 bux on steam an looks better on pc cuz they didnt remaster it at all

thats what it takes imo

Yeah except for the fact that online is broken in a collection of a series that is famous in large part due to its online.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#8 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

You forget the Pokemon remasters for the 3DS. Those I would say were the best bang for your buck.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ross_the_Boss6

@Link3301 said:

@ProtossX said:

mcc is epitome of value

halo 1

halo 1 anniversary

halo 2

halo 2 anniversary

halo 3

halo 4

ODST

early halo 5 beta access

thats what it takes imo

Yeah except for the fact that online is broken in a collection of a series that is famous in large part due to its online.

was broken*

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

I'd have to say, either the Handsome Collection or GTA V. Nothing that's released as broken as the MCC should ever get the nod for "Best" anything.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

God of War 3.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ProtossX

@asylumni said:

I'd have to say, either the Handsome Collection or GTA V. Nothing that's released as broken as the MCC should ever get the nod for "Best" anything.

how is borderlands remaster worth the 60 dollar price

reports are saying the remaster version looks worse then the 19.99 pc version bundle

why is it 60 dollars new an looks worse then 19,99 pc bundle thats not a remaster what the hell else was added to it?

the pc version comes with all the dlc as well anything new?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

This is one of those things that is entirely undebatable, The Master Chief Collection offers the most content, largest amount of replay value, largest suite of multiplayer modes and options plus co-op play through ability for the campaigns.

Nothing comes close to it, not even remotely.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6

@ProtossX said:

@asylumni said:

reports are saying the remaster version looks worse then the 19.99 pc version bundle

why is it 60 dollars new an looks worse then 19,99 pc bundle thats not a remaster what the hell else was added to it?

The $20 Steam version only gets you the base game. The GOTY version (which comes with most of the DLC) is $40.

Handsome Collection also comes with The Presequel (plus DLC), which is still $60 on Steam (or $90 with the season pass). It also has 4-player split screen which is a huge selling point for a lot of people. Also, not everybody has the option to buy the PC version of these two games.

Anyways, without Steam sales you're looking at $60 versus $130.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@asylumni said:

The single player campaigns weren't broken and they are all amazing.

Halo MCC, Metro Redux and Handsome Collection in terms of pure value.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtossX

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

The $20 Steam version only gets you the base game. The GOTY version (which comes with most of the DLC) is $40.

Handsome Collection also comes with The Presequel (plus DLC), which is still $60+ on Steam. It also has 4-player split screen which is a huge selling point for a lot of people. Also, not everybody has the option to buy the PC version of these two games.

o ok i guess its not a bad deal then

but that doesn't explain that its actually not a remaster

cuz the game looks worse then pc

they said frames are lower an resolution was lower then pc so its not actually better then previous versions thats whole point of a remaster tho it looks better

god of war 3 that will look better

halo 2 anniversary that looked better

u know what i mean

if it looks worse then its not a remaster thats not the right word for it its scalred down port from pc an the architecture was the same as pc so they didn't have to do anything to it was already built for pc's with the same tech as xb1/ps4 they didnt have to do anything to it i don't get how they said they had a whole team of the original ppl working on it

i think they lied

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 asylumni

@ProtossX said:

@asylumni said:

What 19.99 PC bundle? I checked Steam and no bundle and The pre-sequel is $59.99. Checked Amazon and it's on sale for $29.99 (without add-ons). Regardless, you're getting a lot of great gameplay for your $60; more than the others in the OP. And since this is about bang for your buck, it gets the nod (along with GTA V).

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

I can't comment on any of those remakes aside from The Last of Us. I never played the original but I found the remake to be boring; I sold it before I finished it. The game's world was too dull and its characters were uninteresting to me. I enjoyed Drake's Fortune much more and look forward to Uncharted 4.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

For me, it's Homeworld

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Master Chief Collection has the most value IMO.

The others are mostly cash grabs. Especially The Last of Us, dear lord.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6

@ProtossX said:

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Handsome Collection also comes with The Presequel (plus DLC), which is still $60+ on Steam. It also has 4-player split screen which is a huge selling point for a lot of people. Also, not everybody has the option to buy the PC version of these two games.

o ok i guess its not a bad deal then

but that doesn't explain that its actually not a remaster

cuz the game looks worse then pc

they said frames are lower an resolution was lower then pc so its not actually better then previous versions thats whole point of a remaster tho it looks better

god of war 3 that will look better

halo 2 anniversary that looked better

u know what i mean

if it looks worse then its not a remaster thats not the right word for it its scalred down port from pc an the architecture was the same as pc so they didn't have to do anything to it was already built for pc's with the same tech as xb1/ps4 they didnt have to do anything to it i don't get how they said they had a whole team of the original ppl working on it

i think they lied

Well, there are quite a few console remasters that don't look as good as the PC version.

These remasters aren't meant to push the limits of the system. They're just a cheap way to bring last-gen games to the X1/PS4. Whether or not they have any value is up to each person.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueinheaven

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Master Chief Collection has the most value IMO.

The others are mostly cash grabs. Especially The Last of Us, dear lord.

I'm pretty sure TLOU was aimed at people who haven't played it on PS3. For people who have and still went ahead and bought exactly the same game well you can hardly blame ND for that.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

MCC without a doubt.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

MCC, amazing value for money, even without multiplayer I put in over 80 hours, amazing experience.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LegatoSkyheart

@blueinheaven: aka naughty dog gets a free pass because naughty dog.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blueinheaven

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@blueinheaven: aka naughty dog gets a free pass because naughty dog.

Not at all. If you haven't played the game the PS4 version is the definitive one. I have no flag to fly for ND in fact I didn't even make it to Uncharted 2 because the first one was so boring. I'm told the second is much better but life is too short for me to risk it. Not particularly psyched about U4 either I just liked TLOU a lot.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 asylumni

@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

Except for various non-game-breaking (audio and what-not) glitches and not saving progress, crashes, co-op issues, disconnects, etc.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

MCC and Borderlands and the rest just don't compete.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LegatoSkyheart

@blueinheaven: but was it worth the value? That's what this thread is about.

What remaster felt like it was worth more for your buck?

Notice how people here are saying Metro Redux or Mastercheif Collection? Those two remaster collections not only gave you a better experience than the originals did but they gave you more game for the price of one.

The Last of Us remastered is in the same line as Nintendo's remastered Windwaker. Yes it runs better, looks better, its amazing....BUT HELL WERE THEY WORTH THE ASKING PRICE? NOPE

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueinheaven

@asylumni said:

@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

Except for various non-game-breaking (audio and what-not) glitches and not saving progress, crashes, co-op issues, disconnects, etc.

Except none of that happened to me apart from the not saving progress thing and that didn't happen much and I bought it day one and loved the campaigns. The co-op thing and disconnects I couldn't give a shit I don't play online shooters on consoles I play them on PC.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

MCC

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

MCC

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

MCC no question about it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Metro Redux is the best value I've experienced so far, got it for $20, comes with 2033 and Last Light, both great games (I'm sick of these single game remasters at full price). Looks good enough for me as a console gamer, most importantly as someone who played both last gen versions is that they improved on 2033 to meet Last Lights enhanced gameplay mechanics (modifying guns, shotgun iron sights, and overall better hit detection). The difficulty and play-style variations are a nice touch. Plus it comes with Last Light DLC which I skipped the first time around but got to experience as it was included in the package, and I thought it added a good variety of new unique missions that play differently than the game, and most of which I felt were worth playing.

I also really liked Tomb Raider, also got it for $20, though it's not much of an improvement but it's still just an awesome game overall. But there was one glitch at the radio tower that really bugged me, never experienced it on PS3, and given the game is nearly a year old and it's not fixed really bugs me. Plus, I don't think the skin enhancement-lighting thing worked on really did much for the game (some think last gen textures look better, I'd agree). Plus, all the DLC included barely added anything to the game. But, beyond that, loved this game, worth experiencing again. I played on Xbox One but PS4 version sports a 60fps framerate.

I have to give credit to Resident Evil REmaster/HD, was a cheaper downloadable title. I had a good time with it. I had acquire the GC version I never played, and given the mansion layout and the evil ginger zombies were a new addition and since I haven't played this game in nearly 20 years, it was all pretty refreshing. My only gripes with the game came with the territory, such as controls of player movement between fixed camera angles. And, as an achievement whore, I felt too intimidated to do some of them (like beating game with only knife, super duper hard difficulties, beating game in 3 hours). But, I did successfully complete a no-save playthrough. That's as far as my bragging rights go.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

The Last of Us, a Sony classic.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 asylumni
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

@blueinheaven said:

Except none of that happened to me apart from the not saving progress thing and that didn't happen much and I bought it day one and loved the campaigns. The co-op thing and disconnects I couldn't give a shit I don't play online shooters on consoles I play them on PC.

Well, if YOU don't care about them, I guess they shouldn't count. :rolleyes: The fact is, every aspect had severe issues at launch. Besides, even just counting the campaigns, that's, what, 40 hours? The Handsome Collection brings twice that (not even counting the DLC) and GTA V is triple.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#37  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

The Master Chief Collection in theory because you get 4 full games. If the multiplayer in any of them actually work of course.

The Handsome Collection and GTA V would be runner's up.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ProtossX

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

The Last of Us, a Sony classic.

dude your name is halo 2 best fps and you put last of us over halo 2 anniversary

bro get ur priorities in straight u went the wrong side this time just admit it

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

MCC

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@ProtossX said:

dude your name is halo 2 best fps and you put last of us over halo 2 anniversary

I find it more perplexing that it says he's been a member since 1990.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blueinheaven

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@blueinheaven: but was it worth the value? That's what this thread is about.

What remaster felt like it was worth more for your buck?

Notice how people here are saying Metro Redux or Mastercheif Collection? Those two remaster collections not only gave you a better experience than the originals did but they gave you more game for the price of one.

The Last of Us remastered is in the same line as Nintendo's remastered Windwaker. Yes it runs better, looks better, its amazing....BUT HELL WERE THEY WORTH THE ASKING PRICE? NOPE

I picked Halo MCC, Metro and Borderlands for best value. What's your point? Was TLOU worth the asking price on PS4? If you didn't play it on PS3 the answer is **** yeah. Like I said if you already played it and then bought it again on PS4 expecting exactly the same game to be a different game the publishers and devs just can't be held responsible for such stupidity.

@asylumni said:
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

@blueinheaven said:

Well, if YOU don't care about them, I guess they shouldn't count. :rolleyes: The fact is, every aspect had severe issues at launch. Besides, even just counting the campaigns, that's, what, 40 hours? The Handsome Collection brings twice that (not even counting the DLC) and GTA V is triple.

The combined Halo campaigns last a lot longer than 40 hours. When all those games were reviewed originally they were reviewed single player. Now people want to ignore 4 seminal games completely remastered as though that is literally 'nothing' because they couldn't get online to shoot some dweeb and claim leetness well **** that.

Nobody is arguing that the Borderlands Collection is not fantastic value and gives you one amazing game and one pretty good one but it simply isn't on the same level AT ALL as Halo and I don't hear anyone crying because they can't do a million things with Borderlands online. GTA V please, please, don't make me laugh.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Homeworld by a far far mile. That was a true remaster, not just some silly re-release with minor enhancements.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@ProtossX said:

I'm a true gamer.

A Sony gamer.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Halo #1 and Metro #2 imo. They got multiple games, and lots of enhancements to them.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 asylumni
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

The combined Halo campaigns last a lot longer than 40 hours. When all those games were reviewed originally they were reviewed single player. Now people want to ignore 4 seminal games completely remastered as though that is literally 'nothing' because they couldn't get online to shoot some dweeb and claim leetness well **** that.

Nobody is arguing that the Borderlands Collection is not fantastic value and gives you one amazing game and one pretty good one but it simply isn't on the same level AT ALL as Halo and I don't hear anyone crying because they can't do a million things with Borderlands online. GTA V please, please, don't make me laugh.

Just because you prefer to sit at home and play with yourself, it doesn't mean everybody does. And no, the Halos were not judged solely on the single player. From the very start it had a strong commitment to multiplayer be it co-op through the campaign or competitive over LAN and later Live. It was the whole package. I'm not dismissing it, I'm saying with the not keeping progress, not registering achievements, game breaking co-op bugs and severe multiplayer issues as well as the less important audio and visual bugs, it released far too broken to be included in any "Best" list; even if they eventually fix everything.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#47 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Borderlands can lick sweaty testicles. Metro: Redux is a great value. I missed the Xbox 360 release so I was happy they brought it too ps4.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blueinheaven

@asylumni said:
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:
@blueinheaven said:

@asylumni said:

Just because you prefer to sit at home and play with yourself, it doesn't mean everybody does. And no, the Halos were not judged solely on the single player. From the very start it had a strong commitment to multiplayer be it co-op through the campaign or competitive over LAN and later Live. It was the whole package. I'm not dismissing it, I'm saying with the not keeping progress, not registering achievements, game breaking co-op bugs and severe multiplayer issues as well as the less important audio and visual bugs, it released far too broken to be included in any "Best" list; even if they eventually fix everything.

You're talking about a time when multiplayer on consoles wasn't even a thing ffs. The fact Halo introduced it is neither here nor there go back and check the reviews the early reviews were all based on the single player experience.

I don't prefer to sit at home playing with myself I play on PC yeah you know the 'real' thing not some incredibly shitty console online experience with abysmal frame-rate I'm sorry for you if that's literally all you have or what you choose to limit yourself to but it doesn't alter the fact that MCC equates to four incredible campaigns that are renowned the world over and the fact GS scored it down for the online experience not being up to speed is to their EVERLASTING shame they basically showed themselves up as console FPS online nooblets who bitched and moaned about what is one of the best game compilations EVER to hit any console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think the very best one was last generation- the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Of the ones in the OP? Halo without a question.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@lamprey263 said:

@ProtossX said:

I'm a true gamer.

A Sony gamer.

lol true gamer