Best Tactical Shooter Ever..

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

OFP 1 imo.

But I could be a little biased because Arma 2 doesn't run that well on my PC (need to upgrade for A3).

#102 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]full spectrum warrior. this games needs a rebootmitu123
I forgot about that game and I used to play it on Xbox!

It's F2P on the PC now.

#103 Posted by Wasdie (49516 posts) -

I don't consider ArmA 2 to be a tactical shooter. That game's focus is on much larger scale modern warfare. It's really the only game in its genre.

As for the best ever? I never played SWAT 4, but people praise that. Rainbox Six Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six 3 probably take the cake. The original Ghost Recons are right behind them.

There hasn't been a real tactical shooter for awhile. It's a genre that could probably exist today if somebody actually put some effort into it.

There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.

#104 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Hidden and Dangerous 2skrat_01

Nice, I'm not the only one who liked it :)

Was buggy as hell, tho.

#105 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.Wasdie
Tactical shooters only played with KB/M. and cant be with controller
#106 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I don't consider ArmA 2 to be a tactical shooter. That game's focus is on much larger scale modern warfare. It's really the only game in its genre.

As for the best ever? I never played SWAT 4, but people praise that. Rainbox Six Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six 3 probably take the cake. The original Ghost Recons are right behind them.

There hasn't been a real tactical shooter for awhile. It's a genre that could probably exist today if somebody actually put some effort into it.

There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.

Wasdie

Six Days in Fallujah was planned for the PC and consoles but got canned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfOdiOc4PJY

#107 Posted by dxmcat (1121 posts) -

Wow, I miss the days of the real Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six. Swat 4 was pretty badass too.

I also really liked Full Spectrum Warrior, but I guess thats more of a TPS (third person strategy?) not sure on that one.

#108 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.SNIPER4321

Incorrect.

OFP and the first Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six 1-3 were ported to the consoles.

Ghost Recon 2 was actually a console exclusive (haven't played it tho).

#109 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22109 posts) -

Wasdie

ill be interesting in tactical shooters if they make one where its somewhat easy for newcomers.

#110 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.nameless12345

Incorrect.

and they fail hard. it was bad port. so my point is you cant play tactical shooters with controller.
#111 Posted by mems_1224 (46144 posts) -
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Tactical shooters only played with KB/M. and cant be with controllerSNIPER4321

Incorrect.

and they fail hard. it was bad port. so my point is you cant play tactical shooters with controller.

why not?
#112 Posted by AdrianWerner (27944 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.nameless12345

Incorrect.

Rainbow Six 1-3 were ported to the consoles.

Not entirely correct. Only 1-2 were ported (and ported horribly). Raven Shield wasn't. RS3 on Xbox is a different game. It uses same storyline and some of the same assets, but the gameplay, levels, weapons etc are all different.

#113 Posted by AdrianWerner (27944 posts) -

Wasdie

Publishers believe console gamers are literaly to stupid to play them.

And while they're obviously wrong, at the same time it's easy to see why nobody risks putting game like this on consoles, because even if it would succeed at the same time it would do a lot better sales-wise if you put heavy arcade elements into it.

#114 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Tactical shooters only played with KB/M. and cant be with controllerSNIPER4321

Incorrect.

You can, very much so. Hell, the Xbox port of Ghost Recon was superior in some ways. I know it's hard, but stop being such a close minded hermit.
#115 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Tactical shooters only played with KB/M. and cant be with controllerAdrianWerner

Incorrect.

Rainbow Six 1-3 were ported to the consoles.

Not entirely correct. Only 1-2 were ported (and ported horribly). Raven Shield wasn't. RS3 on Xbox is a different game. It uses same storyline and some of the same assets, but the gameplay, levels, weapons etc are all different.

Woah there, Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear had excellent ports on the Dreamcast.
#116 Posted by Wasdie (49516 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]There is also no reason tactical shooters couldn't work on a console. I just don't think publishers believe there are enough gamers interested in that.SNIPER4321

Absolutly no basis behind that what-so-ever.

Considering tactical shooters are far more about slow-paced combat, there is nothing that can't be done with them that can't be done with a controller and smart UI.

Hell, OFP the original worked on the Xbox and wasn't absolulty terrible.

#117 Posted by Wasdie (49516 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

AdrianWerner

Publishers believe console gamers are literaly to stupid to play them.

And while they're obviously wrong, at the same time it's easy to see why nobody risks putting game like this on consoles, because even if it would succeed at the same time it would do a lot better sales-wise if you put heavy arcade elements into it.

It is not a lie to say the vast majority of tactical shooter fans own gaming PCs. It's just safer to stick with them. I still stand by what I say and I think publishers need to learn that not every game needs to have an AAA budget and sell millions on the consoles. People buy A and AA titles too.

#118 Posted by AdrianWerner (27944 posts) -

Woah there, Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear had excellent ports on the Dreamcast.AcidSoldner
They were on the level of DMC3 port to PC, people just didn't know any better back then.

#119 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Woah there, Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear had excellent ports on the Dreamcast.AdrianWerner

They were on the level of DMC3 port to PC, people just didn't know any better back then.

lolno The PS1 ports were definitely trash but the Dreamcasts ports replicated the PC version extremely well.
#120 Posted by AdrianWerner (27944 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Woah there, Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear had excellent ports on the Dreamcast.AcidSoldner

lolno The PS1 ports were definitely trash but the Dreamcasts ports replicated the PC version extremely well.

The tactical planing mode was terrible on pad and the multiplayer was hopelessly crippled, with most of the modes removed. So no...it didn't replicate pc version extremely well. Just because it was playable (unlike PSX one) doesn't mean it wasn't vastly inferior compared to PC version.

#121 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Splinter Cell Conviction.

#122 Posted by pelvist (4556 posts) -

IMO, Cold War Crisis is the best tactical shooter ever, followed by Rogue Spear.

#123 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shooters
#124 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]full spectrum warrior. this games needs a rebootnameless12345

I forgot about that game and I used to play it on Xbox!

It's F2P on the PC now.

Oh wow that's even better.
#125 Posted by mems_1224 (46144 posts) -
counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shooterscampzor
at being boring? i agree
#126 Posted by halogreatest (110 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shootersmems_1224
at being boring? i agree

agreed even halo is more fun and skill required than Click and Point STrike.
#127 Posted by Wasdie (49516 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="campzor"]counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shootershalogreatest
at being boring? i agree

agreed even halo is more fun and skill required than Click and Point STrike.

>halogreatest
>not a troll

#128 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shootersmems_1224
at being boring? i agree

only if u suck at it, which you probably do.
#129 Posted by mems_1224 (46144 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="campzor"]counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shooterscampzor
at being boring? i agree

i suck because i dont play it because its a bad game
#130 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] at being boring? i agree

its only a bad game, because you dont play it and thus suck at it.
#131 Posted by halogreatest (110 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="campzor"] only if u suck at it, which you probably do.

What an elitist attitude. Do you know halo has the biggest gaming tournaments for an fps?
#132 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="halogreatest"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] i suck because i dont play it because its a bad game

What an elitist attitude. Do you know halo has the biggest gaming tournaments for an fps?

do you know justin beiber has the largest legion of school girls?
#133 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
#134 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

counter strike > all games..not just other tactical shooterscampzor

I only enjoyed playing CS with 2-1 !!! The best pump action ever !!!

#135 Posted by halogreatest (110 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="halogreatest"][QUOTE="campzor"] its only a bad game, because you dont play it and thus suck at it.

remind me how thats a bad thing
#136 Posted by lundy86_4 (42798 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

new ghost recone is for 12 year olds with downsyndrome (aka mems/looseingends/sm9)

freedomfreak

You really are a fvcking moron.

Yep.

#137 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="halogreatest"] What an elitist attitude. Do you know halo has the biggest gaming tournaments for an fps?halogreatest

how is having millions of 10-15 year old fans a good thing? you cant do anything with them.

#138 Posted by halogreatest (110 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="halogreatest"][QUOTE="campzor"] do you know justin beiber has the largest legion of school girls?

how is having millions of 10-15 year olds a good thing?

alot of them are 17-19 too..
#139 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="halogreatest"]remind me how thats a bad thinghalogreatest
how is having millions of 10-15 year olds a good thing?

alot of them are 17-19 too..

im sure they are.. im sure they are.
#140 Posted by way2funny (4569 posts) -

America's Army 2

#141 Posted by halogreatest (110 posts) -
Enough bout the Beibs, the best tactical shooter probably is Block Ops 2.
#142 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Really enjoyed the SWAT games on PC. Haven't played many tactical shooters though.

#143 Posted by Mario_Eater (344 posts) -
I enjoyed the SOCOM games (namely 1,2,3) on PS2, and I still do on occasion.
#144 Posted by SkyRaid (2001 posts) -

Rainbow 6 ftw. All of those are pretty good though.

#145 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Ghost Recon franchise...16 player co-op= a lot of fun!

#146 Posted by RyuRanVII (4224 posts) -

I believe SWAT 4 is my favorite, followed closely by the original Ghost Recon and it's expansion packs.

#147 Posted by mems_1224 (46144 posts) -
Enough bout the Beibs, the best tactical shooter probably is Block Ops 2.halogreatest
thats just as much of a tactical shooter as counter strike :lol:
#148 Posted by Heil68 (43152 posts) -
I would say the old SWAT games.
#149 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

C-S is not really a tactical shooter btw.

Anything with bunny hopping in it cannot be considered a serious tactical shooter imho.

#150 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Counter Strike still counts as a tactical shooter. Play on the CS and De maps with no mods and it's pretty serious in there.