Best Tactical Shooter Ever..

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I have not seen threads about tactical shooters that much.

anyway whats ur fav tactical shooters?

Mines are

Ghost Recon (original)

Arma 2:

Rainbow six Raven Shield

Counter Strike

Counter-Strike-Freedownload.jpg

Delta Force 2

screenshot2.jpg

So whats your best tactical shooter?

#2 Posted by Lord_Nas3k (1492 posts) -

SNIPER talking about games other than STALKER and Deus Ex? Way to prove those jerks wrong, man!

#3 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Out of those choices I pick Ghost Recon, I think it may be the 1st tactical shooter I played.

I enjoyed Delta Force, Rainbow Six, etc. And I was playing Arma 2 and Counter Strike months ago.

#4 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -
Rainbow Six, Counter Strike, and S.W.A.T. 4.
#5 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
new age of tactical shooters  new ghost recon. no commands, no tactics, cover system, regen health, see through walls, magically disapear.
#6 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

new age of tactical shooters SNIPER4321
Can't wait for Arma 3 to put it back on track!

#7 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -
I had a blast with Future Soldier despite it being dumbed down. It's a shame that most of the game's community on the 360 is absolutely terrible when it comes to completing objectives.
#8 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -
I'd go with the original ghost recon, lying and watching through binoculars. my tastes have changed and my patience for military games like that isn't there any more. Ghost Recon Future soldier was a decent game, not amazing, but it was much better than the previous 2 GRAW iterations from this gen.
#10 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

new ghost recone is for 12 year olds with downsyndrome (aka mems/looseingends/sm9)

Jankarcop

. reported.

#11 Posted by jg4xchamp (47102 posts) -
Raven Shield>>>>>>>>>>
#12 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16029 posts) -

What is a tactical shooter? You threw Counter Stike in there, and I don't think that game fits with the list at all.

#13 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Rainbow Six.

nuff said:cool:

#14 Posted by SonOfChewbacca (653 posts) -

Rainbow Six

Rogue Spear

Raven Shield

Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox)

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Operation Flashpoint

Arma 2

Counter-Strike 1.6

#15 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -
Modern Warfare 2. The tactical gameplay really shines on Veteran difficulty.
#16 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

new ghost recone is for 12 year olds with downsyndrome (aka mems/looseingends/sm9)

sts106mat

. reported.

someones butthurt

#17 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

. reported.

someones butthurt

you think thats funny ? i find it sick. you are scum, internet scum

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

Jankarcop
You really are a fvcking moron.
#19 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

. reported.

someones butthurt

considering its pretty derogatary and the fact Down syndrome isnt something that should be laughed at.

All im saying is i sure hope you enjoy suspension maybe for a few days we wont see your boorish and idiotic comments.

#20 Posted by Sushiglutton (5216 posts) -

Jankarcop
My friends brother has downs syndrome. He is sometimes sad when we play games because he can't participate. I think if he was able to play Gost Recon he would have been very happy. This is a new low for you, shame on you!
#22 Posted by mems_1224 (46296 posts) -
full spectrum warrior. this games needs a reboot
#23 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Sushiglutton

This is a new low for you, shame on you!

Now as low as liking Mirrors Edge.

#24 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I'm sure people with downsyndrome can play the new Rainbow6, it so easymode it just involves spamming 2 buttons.

How is that derogitory? Its simply true..

Jankarcop
New Rainbow six looks like Call of Rainbow Patriots warfare 4
#25 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
full spectrum warrior. this games needs a rebootmems_1224
I forgot about that game and I used to play it on Xbox!
#26 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Sushiglutton

My friends brother has downs syndrome. He is sometimes sad when we play games because he can't participate. I think if he was able to play Gost Recon he would have been very happy. This is a new low for you, shame on you!

oh see, i wish you hadn't written that, because it really brings home how low that dude has stooped here.

Jankacrop or whatever, seriously, have a look at yourself, go take a walk, dont hurry back, i dont think anyone on here wants to read offensive stuff like that, kindly p1ss off.

#27 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

I'm sure people with downsyndrome can play the new Rainbow6, it so easymode it just involves spamming 2 buttons.

Jankarcop

i hope the real world comes and kicks you right in your arse one day.

Its not really fair, or nice saying such things and its actually considered a bit discriminatory using the syndrome in such contexts.Just because you want to play games that are more complex thats your thing, but because a game becomes more accesible you dont need to spout such moronic statements.Fair play im guessing your bout 15 we're all young naive and stupid at one time but you'll learn eventually.

#29 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]full spectrum warrior. this games needs a rebootmitu123
I forgot about that game and I used to play it on Xbox!

I second this im trying to hunt down a copy so i can play it again on my 360 :P

#31 Posted by Sushiglutton (5216 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

Just don't abuse people with disabilities. Other than that say what ever ignroable jibberish you want.
#32 Posted by mems_1224 (46296 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

sts106mat
New Rainbow six looks like Call of Rainbow Patriots warfare 4

does it? oh well, I'll still check it out, i love rainbow six.

im sure it will still be a fun co op experience like all the rainbow 6 games this gen have been.
#33 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] My friends brother has downs syndrome. He is sometimes sad when we play games because he can't participate. I think if he was able to play Gost Recon he would have been very happy. This is a new low for you, shame on you!Sushiglutton

Just don't abuse people with disabilities. Other than that say what ever ignroable jibberish you want.

Liking Mirrors' edge is a pretty big disability.

#34 Posted by AdrianWerner (27961 posts) -

Open spaces: ArmA 2

Close quarters : SWAT4 (altough Raven Shield is very close)

#35 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] New Rainbow six looks like Call of Rainbow Patriots warfare 4

does it? oh well, I'll still check it out, i love rainbow six.

im sure it will still be a fun co op experience like all the rainbow 6 games this gen have been.

but neither of those are tactical shooters. read the thread title we are talking about tactical shooters. they are arcade shooters.
#36 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

Its not really fair, or nice saying such things and its actually considered a bit discriminatory using the syndrome in such contexts.Just because you want to play games that are more complex thats your thing, but because a game becomes more accesible you dont need to spout such moronic statements.Fair play im guessing your bout 15 we're all young naive and stupid at one time but you'll learn eventually.

Fine i'll say retard instead, happy?

Since when is everyone around here a politically correct butthurt baby? Oh yeah, since loosingend scared you all to oblivion.

still derogotary.

Once you have people in your family with illness like this you'll understand.

#37 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

Since when is everyone around here a politically correct butthurt baby? Oh yeah, since loosingend scared you all to oblivion.

Your silly comment lashed back at you and now you're pulling the "what's the big deal?" card. You really are stupid.
#38 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

I used to have that illness you dweeb :|

Thats why I'm okay with saying it.

#39 Posted by Sushiglutton (5216 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] new ghost recon. no commands, no tactics, cover system, regen health, see through walls, magically disapear.

Yo Sniper I have a question for you. Why does hardcore gamers like you dislike cover systems? Personally I think it makes games play a lot smoother and actually become more tactical, because cover becomes more predictable.
#40 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

freedomfreak

Your silly comment lashed back at you and now you're pulling the "what's the big deal?" card. You really are stupid.

No, I'm saying that because I use that language at all other forums and people laugh and don't mind. This is a different setting, I forgot this is for a more younger/liberal audience.

Don't act like you know everything. Oh and the game in your avatar/sig is best on PC, fact.

#41 Posted by mems_1224 (46296 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] does it? oh well, I'll still check it out, i love rainbow six.

but neither of those are tactical shooters. read the thread title we are talking about tactical shooters. they are arcade shooters.

cool story bro, i wasn't replying to you
#42 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] does it? oh well, I'll still check it out, i love rainbow six.

so? somebody mentioned rainbow six, with the exception of Rainbow six lockdown, i have enjoyed every single rainbow six game.
#43 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] im sure it will still be a fun co op experience like all the rainbow 6 games this gen have been.sts106mat

s i have enjoyed every single rainbow six game.

Yikes, no wonder you like Fable:Journey.

#44 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] new ghost recon. no commands, no tactics, cover system, regen health, see through walls, magically disapear.

Yo Sniper I have a question for you. Why does hardcore gamers like you dislike cover systems? Personally I think it makes games play a lot smoother and actually become more tactical, because cover becomes more predictable.

more tactical?? muauahhahahahaah it remove all tactics and strategy. its only suitable in stealth games.
#45 Posted by mems_1224 (46296 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] new ghost recon. no commands, no tactics, cover system, regen health, see through walls, magically disapear.

nah man, in real life you dont have cover. thats why the new rainbow six games aren't tactical. in real life when you go into a gun battle the good guys and bad guys stand out in the open and whoever is left standing wins. tactics ftw!
#46 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

Jankarcop
you used to have down syndrome? - Bullsh1t nice try doughnut, downs syndrome is a life long thing
#48 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

Jankarcop

you dont simply grow out of having down syndrome........

#49 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19866 posts) -
Jankarcop
You are pathetic.
#50 Posted by istreakforfood (7749 posts) -
Not a fan of tactical shooters these days. I did enjoy the older Rainbow Six games as a kid before they made it fully into FPS game. I don't see how CS is a tactical shooter.