Best Star Wars game?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

I'm hyped for Star Wars VII coming out next year and feel like playing some games based on the license. This weekend I'll most likely be playing the Snes Trilogy and Jedi Power Battles with some friends but which in your opinion are some of the best Star Wars games that are still worth playing these days (old and new)?

#2 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3476 posts) -

Guess I'd have to go with Battlefront 2 right now.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -

Star Wars Kinect,hands down.

#4 Posted by lostrib (34476 posts) -

KOTOR

or Rogue Squadron

#5 Posted by farrell2k (5808 posts) -

The force unleashed, although Kotor I and II are great.

#6 Edited by heretrix (37310 posts) -

Mass Effect.

#7 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26274 posts) -

You're more optimistic of Star Wars VII than I am, TC. I'd rather be seeing Star Wars: Rebels. Heck, I'd see the upcoming Peanuts movie over Star Wars VII.

Anyway...

For me, it's among these:

LEGO Star Wars II/The Complete Saga

Rogue Squadron series

Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy

Shadows of the Empire (which ScrewAttack upright flip-flopped on as well as break another one of their rules)

Battlefront II

And... I actually like BOTH Force Unleashed games... on the Wii.

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

I have a feeling many people will say the KOTOR games.

But I enjoyed the Jedi Knight and Rogue Squadron games the most.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (46546 posts) -

KOTOR

Jedi Academy

Republic Commando

Rogue Squadron

#10 Edited by PAL360 (26718 posts) -

There are many Star Wars games i love, but my favourite is probably Battlefront.

#11 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26274 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

There are many Star Wars games i love, but my favourite is probably Battlefront.

Ooh, good catch. *adds Battlefront II to list*

#12 Posted by jsmoke03 (12756 posts) -

kotor series....end

#13 Posted by musicalmac (22902 posts) -

KOTOR and the Battlefront series for recent games, but my favorite of all time probably goes to X-Wing. Way, way back when. Doing a Death Star run in an X-Wing was pretty outstanding. Playing the game at all in B-WIngs, A-Wings, and Y-WIngs, too, was so much fun...

#14 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Battlefront 2..... it was amazing! if only they would make another one with improved space fights.. that would be fantastic!

#15 Posted by naz99 (1217 posts) -

Dark forces / Dark forces 2:jedi knight

#16 Edited by Boddicker (2517 posts) -

TIE Fighter

Seriously, I would buy that game in a second if it got a HD rerelease. I miss the 90's :.-(

#17 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70672 posts) -

Guess I'd have to go with Battlefront 2 right now.

Same here, i haven't played KOTOR though

#18 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -

My favorites:

• Dark Forces
  • Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
  • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Tie Fighter
  • X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter
  • Rogue Squadron
  • Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
  • Rebel Assault II
  • Episode I: Racer
  • Republic Commando
  • KOTOR
  • Yoda Stories
  • Shadows of the Empire

Pretty much all of these can still be played today, but I'd recommend Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter the most. Jedi Outcast and Academy are also still very fun for multiplayer even if their campaigns feel kind of dated. Their saber combat is still the best of all star wars games.

#19 Posted by GarGx1 (2496 posts) -

TIE Fighter

Seriously, I would buy that game in a second if it got a HD rerelease. I miss the 90's :.-(

This ^^

#20 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Have to say it's a tie between Kotor 1, Kotor 2, Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando.

#21 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

@Boddicker said:

TIE Fighter

This ^^

Same. I miss LucasArts. :(

#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

KOTOR

Jedi Academy

Republic Commando

Rogue Squadron

Ah yes, republic commando was great as well. I really loved the main characters, eventhough they were clones, they had a lot of character.

Shame there was never a sequel.

#23 Edited by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

@Gue1: Yay a Gue thread that doesn't suck.

bit of a star wars fan myself.

my choices.....KOTOR,

Dark Forces,

the x wing tie fighter games of old,

bounty hunter on PS2

and

Battlefront 2

#24 Posted by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -

Between SWTOR, Rogue Squadron and Jedi Outcast/Academy .... which was way better than battlefront.

#25 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3687 posts) -

KOTOR 1 and 2 and Battlefront 1. 2 was good but not as good as the original except for the addition of the heroes and lightsabers.

I am REALLY looking forward to Battlefront 3. After the announcement I have been a very happy bear. A KOTOR 3 would be amazing as well....

#26 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I'm hyped for Star Wars VII coming out next year and feel like playing some games based on the license. This weekend I'll most likely be playing the Snes Trilogy and Jedi Power Battles with some friends but which in your opinion are some of the best Star Wars games that are still worth playing these days (old and new)?

The SNES Star Wars Trilogy games were great. They were just hard as hell. I still own them and would love to beat them some day. Battlefront 2 was also excellent. My favorites are still Knight of the Old Republic & Sith Lord (Xbox). The Rouge Squadron games on Gamecube were also wonderful.

Worse Star Wars game was this one: It was a 3D fighting game that was so bad, it wasn't even funny.

#27 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I like a lot of Star Wars games. My favorites are the Jedi Knight series, and I also like Rogue Squadron though it's hard to play the first one nowadays.

Worst Star Wars game I've played is KotOR

#28 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -

Jedi Knight 2

#29 Posted by iambatman7986 (394 posts) -

Kotor or Rogue squadron

#30 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5775 posts) -

Easily KOTOR.

#31 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10337 posts) -

#32 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

If you are on Steam, I'm going to say Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. That is of course if you like RTS games.

I'd say Star Wars Battlefront, but I don't think you can get online in that game anymore.

#33 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

@Gue1: X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter. Well, that's my favorite, anyway!

#34 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

Super Star Wars trilogy, Knights of the Old Republic, Rogue Squadron, Rogue Squadron II, Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Battlefront, Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando are the stand out Star Wars games I have played. But There are a lot of good Star Wars games. Star Wars: X-Wing, Star Wars: Tie-Fighter and Star Wars: X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter are supposed to be fantastic too.

#35 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

It's just ridiculous how good Knights of the Old Republic is.

#36 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15917 posts) -

Tie Fighter. I still have my Tie Fighter Collector's CD-ROM. The Tie Fighter CD and Wing Commander 4 both came out in 1995. Those two plus Crusader: No Remorse made it a great year for sci-fi games.

#37 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

My top 5:

1. The Phantom Menace (PS One)
  2. KOTOR (Xbox)
  3. Racer Revenge (PS2)
  4. Galactic Battlegrounds (PC)
  5. Tie Fighter (PC)
#38 Posted by Boddicker (2517 posts) -

Tie Fighter. I still have my Tie Fighter Collector's CD-ROM. The Tie Fighter CD and Wing Commander 4 both came out in 1995. Those two plus Crusader: No Remorse made it a great year for sci-fi games.

Hell yeah!!!!

I had both those games. Makes me miss my flight stick :.-(

#39 Edited by princeofshapeir (13760 posts) -

KOTOR and Jedi Outcast. Classics

#41 Edited by padaporra (3393 posts) -

KoTOR is the Star Wars game every fan loved. It puts you right into the Star Wars universe and live a story that stands up to the original trilogy. So it's obviously the first chice.

Republic Commando gets second place.

#42 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Right here

#43 Posted by foxhound_fox (87683 posts) -

Republic Commando, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and Battlefront II.

All came out in 2005. One helluva fucking year.

#44 Posted by uninspiredcup (7840 posts) -

Dark Forces II.

#45 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (763 posts) -

My favorites are:

Force Unleashed

Dark Forces

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Republic Commando

Super Star Wars

Super The Empire Strikes Back

Super Return of the Jedi

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith for PS2

Rogue Squadron

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

#46 Posted by Flubbbs (2969 posts) -

Star Wars Galaxies... RIP... it only lives on now through emulators

#47 Edited by lamprey263 (23170 posts) -

the old PC Tie Fighter game was pretty cool, liked it better than the X-Wing games, never did play the visually enhanced versions

if you can run those older games I'd also give Dark Forces a whirl

#48 Edited by mems_1224 (46546 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mems_1224 said:

KOTOR

Jedi Academy

Republic Commando

Rogue Squadron

Ah yes, republic commando was great as well. I really loved the main characters, eventhough they were clones, they had a lot of character.

Shame there was never a sequel.

Yea, I've been watching The Clone Wars tv series and was looking at my Steam library of Star Wars games and remembered how awesome that game was. Installed it and played a bit and it still holds up so far. Its a shame we never got a sequel

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6154 posts) -

Battlefront for sure. I also played the MMO (whatever the hell the name was) and had to get placed on suicide watch after about two weeks of playing.

#50 Edited by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -

wish it would release on steam

also jedi knight 2 jedi outcast was amazing