Best selling next gen exclusive games?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Those were last gen best selling exclusive games on consoles.

What do you think, what games are going to sell most next gen? Halo? I

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Mario Kart 8.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

Indeed.

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

True. I agree with this review more. Halo 4 Review

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

WOW quality games sale really low at least compared to the mainstreams. I am not just talking about The Last Of Us and Uncharted 3, but quality games in general just look at the statistics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 4 will be up there for sure.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Any new Xbox exclusive coming up later this year has the potential to make that list.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46235 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

You only played one... yet you are saying it's the best in the series.

Don't you realise how ignorant that sounds ?

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

It's because it's on PC. You should know how he operates.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

I've only played Halo CE, and the numerical Halos (2-4). Halo 4 is garbage. I've never been so bored playing a Halo game. My eyes were screaming sleep into the first hour of the game. All you did was fight until you made it to a cutscene. It was bad...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

If we are doing reviews, do you want to discuss the fact that Halo 4 is the lowest scoring mainline Halo entry till date?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#18 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Halo, because it's the best.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PrincessGomez92

@SNIPER4321 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

or resident evil. or final fantasy xiii

Not exclusive, idiot.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#21 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

or resident evil. or final fantasy xiii

Not exclusive, idiot.

Resident Evil will be a Xbox ONE exclusive. Whether it will be good, that is the question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

If a great game sells a lot, it stops being great!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

How would Half Life 3 be ruined if it sold well? It's not like Valve takes pre-orders and then begin working on the game lol. If it's going to be shit it's going to be shit, regardless of sales. Half Life 2 sold well and is still selling. Do you think that game is ruined?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

sell well and best selling are 2 different things

best selling games are casual most of time. that is why sims is best selling PC game while one of the worst PC game of all time too.

i hope if HL3 will come out. it will sell well within fanbase.

So, let's say Half Life 3 comes out, and it's an excellent game.

Let's assume it also goes on to sell 50 million copies.

Is it now automatically a casual, not good game because it sold as much?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 intotheminx

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

Probably Halo 17 and COD 24. and some madden games.

"COD" and exclusive in the same thought?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By intotheminx

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

Really? I am really underwhelmed by that number. Still, it's more than what the best selling PS3 games have done. Also, I stated it wouldn't be fair to include those. Even though LoL is a free game, I'm sure it makes a ton of money off of in game purchases.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46235 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

it was average at best.

i have played halo 3 and reach too. and i cant think anything difference.

Ok, that wasn't clear from your original post though.

They did change something in Halo 3, they removed the health bar, hahahahahahaha

oh :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@intotheminx said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

Really? I'm am really underwhelmed by that number. Still, it's more than what they best selling PS3 games have done. Also, I stated it wouldn't be fair to include those. Even though LoL is a free game, I'm sure it makes a ton of money off of in game purchases.

Definitely; (same for WoW in terms of monthly subscriptions and expansion sales). However, in terms of pure hard sales, LoL is flat out disqualified (as is DOTA 2), and World of Warcraft ranks pretty low.

A better PC exclusive to include would be The Sims 3. 20 million, if I am not wrong.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#38 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

sell well and best selling are 2 different things

best selling games are casual most of time. that is why sims is best selling PC game while one of the worst PC game of all time too.

i hope if HL3 will come out. it will sell well within fanbase.

Half Life 2 sold over 12 million RETAIL copies on PC only . Then there are digital sales as well PLUS the sales of Episode 1 ,2 and Orange Box . Whole saga have probably sold over 20 million copies on just PC . Half Life 3 is most anticipated game of the world right now and now Steam is even bigger than what it was few years ago . How exactly it won't sell much .? And how exactly it is bad for the game .? It's not like they will rework on entire casual version of the game after seeing those pre orders .

Better Half Life 3 sales are good for Valve , Steam and PC gaming as a whole .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@_Matt_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

But by similar logic, I think Wii Sports should also not count, as 95% of that number were bundled free with the Wii console.

I would agree, except that Wii Sports still sold (in that people bought a Wii to play Wii Sports; I can't think of anyone buying an iPhone or a PC to play Angry Birds or League of Legends). Wii Sports software sales and Wii hardware sales in that regard are correlated. More importantly, Wii Sports stopped being bundled around 2009 or 2010, and was sold standalone, and a good portion of its sales (around 1/8th to 1/10th) comes from that.

However, if even all of those arguments do not convince you, you are free to consider Wii Fit, or Wii Play, or New Super Mario Bros. Wii (all in the ballpark of ~28 million units sold) instead, and have Mario Kart Wii be the top selling Wii game. I am more than okay with such an arrangement.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 inggrish

@charizard1605 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

But by similar logic, I think Wii Sports should also not count, as 95% of that number were bundled free with the Wii console.

I would agree, except that Wii Sports still sold (in that people bought a Wii to play Wii Sports; I can't think of anyone buying an iPhone or a PC to play Angry Birds or League of Legends). Wii Sports software sales and Wii hardware sales in that regard are correlated. More importantly, Wii Sports stopped being bundled around 2009 or 2010, and was sold standalone, and a good portion of its sales (around 1/8th to 1/10th) comes from that.

However, if even all of those arguments do not convince you, you are free to consider Wii Fit, or Wii Play, or New Super Mario Bros. Wii (all in the ballpark of ~28 million units sold) instead, and have Mario Kart Wii be the top selling Wii game. I am more than okay with such an arrangement.

Ok, yeah sure, it was only bundled until 2010 ish, but the majority of Wii sales were before 2010.

The other games I will happily consider, as they are at least more deserving of sales than a crappy collection of mini games that only half work.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghostwarrior786

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 inggrish

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

To me, Halo has just become the definition of a generic mediocre shooter (along with Killzone); I wish those franchises to just die out.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

To me, Halo has just become the definition of a generic mediocre shooter (along with Killzone); I wish those franchises to just die out.

halo 1 had a great mystique about it though and was fresh for its time, halo 2 had the multiplayer and halo 3 was refined and fun all around. been downhill ever since, they should have retired after the original trilogy. killzone has always been garbage, every single game

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Hopefully uncharted

Best franchise out there

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Any new Xbox exclusive coming up later this year has the potential to make that list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

You trolling

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

halo 1 had a great mystique about it though and was fresh for its time, halo 2 had the multiplayer and halo 3 was refined and fun all around. been downhill ever since, they should have retired after the original trilogy. killzone has always been garbage, every single game

Reach was brilliant, man, but yeah, I think they should have put it out to pasture after that one. No point dragging it out like they did.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PrincessGomez92

No idea why a gamer would want a gaming franchise to die. Makes no sense.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghostwarrior786

@Sweenix said:

Hopefully uncharted

Best franchise out there

i hope they give uncharted a break after uc4 and focus on new ip. and then around 2019 when gen is coming to a close end it with a bang uc5 baby aww yeahhh

@princessgomez92 said:

No idea why a gamer would want a gaming franchise to die. Makes no sense.

because its a waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere. capiche?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cows don't buy their games proved.