Best selling next gen exclusive games?

  • 52 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2440 posts) -

Those were last gen best selling exclusive games on consoles.

What do you think, what games are going to sell most next gen? Halo? I

#2 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

Probably Halo 17 and COD 24. and some madden games.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

Mario Kart 8.

#4 Posted by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

#5 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2440 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

#6 Posted by xhawk27 (7316 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

Indeed.

#7 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

#8 Edited by GabranthXIII (993 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

True. I agree with this review more. Halo 4 Review

#9 Posted by FastRobby (1786 posts) -

Too hard to guess, we can't make an estimation this close in the new next-gen race.

#10 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@GabranthXIII said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

True. I agree with this review more. Halo 4 Review

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

#11 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

WOW quality games sale really low at least compared to the mainstreams. I am not just talking about The Last Of Us and Uncharted 3, but quality games in general just look at the statistics.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 4 will be up there for sure.

#13 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7128 posts) -

Any new Xbox exclusive coming up later this year has the potential to make that list.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

You only played one... yet you are saying it's the best in the series.

Don't you realise how ignorant that sounds ?

#15 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

You only played one... yet you are saying it's the best in the series.

Don't you realise how ignorant that sounds ?

It's because it's on PC. You should know how he operates.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

I've only played Halo CE, and the numerical Halos (2-4). Halo 4 is garbage. I've never been so bored playing a Halo game. My eyes were screaming sleep into the first hour of the game. All you did was fight until you made it to a cutscene. It was bad...

#16 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

You only played one... yet you are saying it's the best in the series.

Don't you realise how ignorant that sounds ?

i have played halo 3 and reach too. and i cant think anything difference.

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

If we are doing reviews, do you want to discuss the fact that Halo 4 is the lowest scoring mainline Halo entry till date?

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3572 posts) -

Halo, because it's the best.

#19 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo, because it's the best.

or resident evil. or final fantasy xiii

#20 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3572 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo, because it's the best.

or resident evil. or final fantasy xiii

Not exclusive, idiot.

#21 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3300 posts) -

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

#22 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7128 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo, because it's the best.

or resident evil. or final fantasy xiii

Not exclusive, idiot.

Resident Evil will be a Xbox ONE exclusive. Whether it will be good, that is the question.

#23 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

If a great game sells a lot, it stops being great!

#25 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

If a great game sells a lot, it stops being great!

sell well and best selling are 2 different things

best selling games are casual most of time. that is why sims is best selling PC game while one of the worst PC game of all time too.

i hope if HL3 will come out. it will sell well within fanbase.

#26 Edited by intotheminx (672 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

How would Half Life 3 be ruined if it sold well? It's not like Valve takes pre-orders and then begin working on the game lol. If it's going to be shit it's going to be shit, regardless of sales. Half Life 2 sold well and is still selling. Do you think that game is ruined?

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

If a great game sells a lot, it stops being great!

sell well and best selling are 2 different things

best selling games are casual most of time. that is why sims is best selling PC game while one of the worst PC game of all time too.

i hope if HL3 will come out. it will sell well within fanbase.

So, let's say Half Life 3 comes out, and it's an excellent game.

Let's assume it also goes on to sell 50 million copies.

Is it now automatically a casual, not good game because it sold as much?

#28 Posted by intotheminx (672 posts) -

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

#29 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4638 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

#30 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

#31 Posted by Spartan070 (16351 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Probably Halo 17 and COD 24. and some madden games.

"COD" and exclusive in the same thought?

#32 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

#33 Edited by intotheminx (672 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

Really? I am really underwhelmed by that number. Still, it's more than what the best selling PS3 games have done. Also, I stated it wouldn't be fair to include those. Even though LoL is a free game, I'm sure it makes a ton of money off of in game purchases.

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have played Halo CE on PC. its arguably best in series but i dont understand the praise it got.

it was average at best.

You only played one... yet you are saying it's the best in the series.

Don't you realise how ignorant that sounds ?

i have played halo 3 and reach too. and i cant think anything difference.

Ok, that wasn't clear from your original post though.

They did change something in Halo 3, they removed the health bar, hahahahahahaha

oh :(

#35 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

Really? I'm am really underwhelmed by that number. Still, it's more than what they best selling PS3 games have done. Also, I stated it wouldn't be fair to include those. Even though LoL is a free game, I'm sure it makes a ton of money off of in game purchases.

Definitely; (same for WoW in terms of monthly subscriptions and expansion sales). However, in terms of pure hard sales, LoL is flat out disqualified (as is DOTA 2), and World of Warcraft ranks pretty low.

A better PC exclusive to include would be The Sims 3. 20 million, if I am not wrong.

#38 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3300 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Warcraft 4 or Half Life 3 . (If any one of them ever comes out) . That's the easiest guess , other than that anything can happen .

there is no way Half life 3 will be best selling game. and I really really hope not

otherwise it will be ruined.

If a great game sells a lot, it stops being great!

sell well and best selling are 2 different things

best selling games are casual most of time. that is why sims is best selling PC game while one of the worst PC game of all time too.

i hope if HL3 will come out. it will sell well within fanbase.

Half Life 2 sold over 12 million RETAIL copies on PC only . Then there are digital sales as well PLUS the sales of Episode 1 ,2 and Orange Box . Whole saga have probably sold over 20 million copies on just PC . Half Life 3 is most anticipated game of the world right now and now Steam is even bigger than what it was few years ago . How exactly it won't sell much .? And how exactly it is bad for the game .? It's not like they will rework on entire casual version of the game after seeing those pre orders .

Better Half Life 3 sales are good for Valve , Steam and PC gaming as a whole .

#39 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

But by similar logic, I think Wii Sports should also not count, as 95% of that number were bundled free with the Wii console.

I would agree, except that Wii Sports still sold (in that people bought a Wii to play Wii Sports; I can't think of anyone buying an iPhone or a PC to play Angry Birds or League of Legends). Wii Sports software sales and Wii hardware sales in that regard are correlated. More importantly, Wii Sports stopped being bundled around 2009 or 2010, and was sold standalone, and a good portion of its sales (around 1/8th to 1/10th) comes from that.

However, if even all of those arguments do not convince you, you are free to consider Wii Fit, or Wii Play, or New Super Mario Bros. Wii (all in the ballpark of ~28 million units sold) instead, and have Mario Kart Wii be the top selling Wii game. I am more than okay with such an arrangement.

#40 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@intotheminx said:

Kinect Adventures sold that much? No wonder Microsoft has been ramming the Kinect down everyone's throat. The problem now is that most people no longer give a shit about the Kinect or what it can do. Hell, a lot of people are waiting for them to sell the Xbox One without the Kinect lol.

Also, lol for leaving out PC sales from last gen. Then again, that wouldn't be fair because it would include WoW and LoL.

World of Warcraft has sold 11 million, which is pretty low by that list's standards; League of Legends is a free game, should it count? It's like counting Angry Birds downloads as sales.

But by similar logic, I think Wii Sports should also not count, as 95% of that number were bundled free with the Wii console.

I would agree, except that Wii Sports still sold (in that people bought a Wii to play Wii Sports; I can't think of anyone buying an iPhone or a PC to play Angry Birds or League of Legends). Wii Sports software sales and Wii hardware sales in that regard are correlated. More importantly, Wii Sports stopped being bundled around 2009 or 2010, and was sold standalone, and a good portion of its sales (around 1/8th to 1/10th) comes from that.

However, if even all of those arguments do not convince you, you are free to consider Wii Fit, or Wii Play, or New Super Mario Bros. Wii (all in the ballpark of ~28 million units sold) instead, and have Mario Kart Wii be the top selling Wii game. I am more than okay with such an arrangement.

Ok, yeah sure, it was only bundled until 2010 ish, but the majority of Wii sales were before 2010.

The other games I will happily consider, as they are at least more deserving of sales than a crappy collection of mini games that only half work.

#41 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4638 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

#42 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

To me, Halo has just become the definition of a generic mediocre shooter (along with Killzone); I wish those franchises to just die out.

#43 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4638 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

To me, Halo has just become the definition of a generic mediocre shooter (along with Killzone); I wish those franchises to just die out.

halo 1 had a great mystique about it though and was fresh for its time, halo 2 had the multiplayer and halo 3 was refined and fun all around. been downhill ever since, they should have retired after the original trilogy. killzone has always been garbage, every single game

#44 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Hopefully uncharted

Best franchise out there

#45 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Any new Xbox exclusive coming up later this year has the potential to make that list.

#46 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@inb4uall said:

lol. After halo 4 I would hope the general population realizes that 343 halo = shit.

IGN gave Halo 4 9.8 out of 10, and gamespot gave 9 out of 10.

You trolling

He said fans. not paid reviewers.

ooooooooo burnn babby!!

have to agree with the jackass sniper on this one, halo 4 is garbage

Garbage just about sums it up. Not a great game at all, though I would still say Halo 4 was better than ODST.

i was shocked/disappointed by how terrible it was. i was expecting a new start for the franchise but here i was fighting those convenants guys again and those new enemies are complete trash. the story is horrible/ level design is a chore/the multiplayer maps are terrible. 1 of the reasons i have 0 interest in xbox anymore

To me, Halo has just become the definition of a generic mediocre shooter (along with Killzone); I wish those franchises to just die out.

halo 1 had a great mystique about it though and was fresh for its time, halo 2 had the multiplayer and halo 3 was refined and fun all around. been downhill ever since, they should have retired after the original trilogy. killzone has always been garbage, every single game

Reach was brilliant, man, but yeah, I think they should have put it out to pasture after that one. No point dragging it out like they did.

#47 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3572 posts) -

No idea why a gamer would want a gaming franchise to die. Makes no sense.

#48 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4638 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Hopefully uncharted

Best franchise out there

i hope they give uncharted a break after uc4 and focus on new ip. and then around 2019 when gen is coming to a close end it with a bang uc5 baby aww yeahhh

@princessgomez92 said:

No idea why a gamer would want a gaming franchise to die. Makes no sense.

because its a waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere. capiche?

#49 Posted by MonsieurX (30230 posts) -

Cows don't buy their games proved.

#50 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

No idea why a gamer would want a gaming franchise to die. Makes no sense.

make sense. u know if COD died at 2 and Halo at 3. no other games after it

than FPS genre would not be dumbed down.

dumbing down of PC games started with Deus Ex invisible wars and that game even has more exploration than most of modern games. and it has health system too instead of regen health