Best self ownage ive seen in person...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSBox3SixWi
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
First off id like to say that i am not a fanboy. I own, play and love all three consoles. The only thing im biased against are fanboys. This is why this is so funny to me.

Let me set the scene...

I was working at gamestop today and was talking to a co worker about PS3, 360, wii. this co worker hadnt worked in 2 days, and last time he worked we got a shipment of 22(ish. cant remember the exact number) PS3's

CoWorker: PS3 Flopped.
Me: what? how can you even say that yet?
Co: They're not even selling!
Me: so is that why were sold out?
(another co worker (andrew) comes out of the back)
Co: we're not sold out
me: yea we are!
Andrew: no were not
Co: see told ya.
(andrew sells a PS3 to a coustomer)
Andrew: Ok. Now we are.
Coustomer: OWNED!

It may be one of those you had to be theres, but i though it was especially funny. it all worked out so perfectly.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Meh. Nobody REALLY got owned there.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

First off id like to say that i am not a fanboy. I own, play and love all three consoles. The only thing im biased against are fanboys. This is why this is so funny to me.

Let me set the scene...

I was working at gamestop today and was talking to a co worker about PS3, 360, wii. this co worker hadnt worked in 2 days, and last time he worked we got a shipment of 22(ish. cant remember the exact number) PS3's

It may be one of those you had to be theres, but i though it was especially funny. it all worked out so perfectly.
PSBox3SixWi

Yea, at your store they talk like the fanboyz that post in here, whatever......

inter_wog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inter_wog
Member since 2004 • 853 Posts

Let me set the scene...

PSBox3SixWi
it *may* be one of those didn't happen moments...
Me_Ur_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Me_Ur_Daddy
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!
inter_wog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inter_wog
Member since 2004 • 853 Posts
that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!Me_Ur_Daddy
i wish i had 2 acounts
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DXGreat1_HGL

that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!Me_Ur_Daddy

So it's obvious you're a little girl, what's your point?

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSBox3SixWi
actually hes the only fanboy at my store. everyone else likes most other system(cept my former boss who despises microsoft) and viva pinata is actually just a violent, gruesome game that uses candy instead of blood. seriously, its messed up.
PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSBox3SixWi
[QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"]First off id like to say that i am not a fanboy. I own, play and love all three consoles. The only thing im biased against are fanboys. This is why this is so funny to me.

Let me set the scene...

inter_wog
it *may* be one of those didn't happen moments...

i assure you its true, although i understand why you may not believe it. its so sad that everyone on this board is discredited because stupid fanboys have to make up outrageous fake storys. i dont need to make stuff up. i just use facts. and not self proclaimed fanboy facts either.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy"]that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!DXGreat1_HGL

Working at a Game Store = Cheaper Stuff = Win Win. Showing people games > flipping Burgers. Which would you pick.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

You mean to tell me people actually use the word 'flop' outside of system wars?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy"]that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!PSBox3SixWi
actually hes the only fanboy at my store. everyone else likes most other system(cept my former boss who despises microsoft) and viva pinata is actually just a violent, gruesome game that uses candy instead of blood. seriously, its messed up.

The sickest thing about Viva Pinata is that you can smash open your Pinatas and feed their innards to your other Pinatas. Until the Hannibal Lector game comes out, there really won't be any other game that shows such enthusiasm for cannibalism.

That aside, the art forbidden>
PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSBox3SixWi
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy"]that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!ArisShadows

Working at a Game Store = Cheaper Stuff = Win Win. Showing people games > flipping Burgers. Which would you pick.

not only cheaper, but sometimes free. game standees, outdated strategy guides i never got to buy, tons of free merch from company reps(sony rep gave me a GOW 2 box, 3 PSP frizbees, rogue galaxy and ratchet and clank demos, lanyards and about enough keychains to swim in.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DXGreat1_HGL
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy"]that is funnay, why work at gamestop dude its filled with nothing but uninformed fanboys, it seems like nothing but pro MS people work there, im tryin to buy a damn used game and they wanna sell me like five 360's and viva pinata IM LIKE WTF DIDNT YOU HEAR VIVA PINATA IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS !!!!ArisShadows

You don't have to tell me that. I dated a manager at a GS and she took me to E3 2003. Plus the discounts...

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSBox3SixWi

You mean to tell me people actually use the word 'flop' outside of system wars?

DementedDragon
is it that hard to believe? i use lol pretty much every where i go.
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
The customer did not say' owned'. That much I know.
poovine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 poovine
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
Flop is hardly a system wars exclusive term. Or even an internet term for that matter. Haven't you ever heard of a movie flopping at the box office?
PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSBox3SixWi
The customer did not say' owned'. That much I know.Mu5uk0
really, were you there? are you psychic? or are you just an idiot?
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

I've said flop in rl before, everyone try it once, but not in public or you will get stoned(not the good kind).

Me_Ur_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Me_Ur_Daddy
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
i would edit that idiot part out if i was you ^ you can get suspended for that... dont go down to his level dude
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
I've heard the word 'flop' as in "flop on a couch"; but System Wars is the only place I've heard it used in the sense of a product supposedly failing to reach their target.  I would really be taken aback if I heard it used in that way outside of gamespot.  :?
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

I've heard the word 'flop' as in "flop on a couch"; but System Wars is the only place I've heard it used in the sense of a product supposedly failing to reach their target.  I would really be taken aback if I heard it used in that way outside of gamespot.  :?DementedDragon

Try it with your gamer friends, maybe it will catch on.

"a product supposedly failing to reach their target" = flop

See, it's much easier.

poovine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 poovine
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
I've heard the word 'flop' as in "flop on a couch"; but System Wars is the only place I've heard it used in the sense of a product supposedly failing to reach their target. I would really be taken aback if I heard it used in that way outside of gamespot. :?DementedDragon
Flop has been around before gamespot. I hear more often regarding movies than video games. http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flop