Best Realistic Sniper Games?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
What are the best sniper games or games with levels in which you play as a sniper? I really enjoy being a sniper in games - all my custom classes in CoD4 are snipers.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
Halo is another one.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
OperationFlashpoint, Delta Force and SNiper Elite
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

SNiper maps are hard to really pick as something special.

Almost all FPS games have a Sniper rifle, and almost all FPS games have maps really built for the snipers to run wild.

Out of the more recent games id say THe Bloc in COD 4 and Narrows in Halo 3 are fun maps to snipe people on.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Taalon
Halo is another one.chester706

Halo isn't a sniper game, nor does it have any sniper levels...
ZanyIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZanyIce
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
I like to camp/snipe in CoD4. The Battlefield games are good for sniping as are the Ghost Recon games. I like to snipe in Halo too, infact I like sniping in every game :D
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.Taalon

Its a game where a sniper can really own an entire map, there are plenty of maps that are good for snipers.

And Team SNipers is a game on specific levels.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
The Battlefield games have always had great sniping. Sitting in a helicopter sniping fools on the ground is great fun.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Taalon
[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.jg4xchamp

Its a game where a sniper can really own an entire map, there are plenty of maps that are good for snipers.

Following that logic, he could have said any FPS game.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
This
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.Taalon

First Person shooters in general all have some great sniper moments, maps, or levels.

YOur question was best sniper games?

COD 4 isnt a sniper game if Halo 3 isnt

neither is Battlefeild

Counterstrike

or anything else. There are some shooters that really have excellent sniper maps for the MP but arent completely built around being a full on sniper game.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts
Silent Scope
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Taalon
[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.jg4xchamp

First Person shooters in general all have some great sniper moments, maps, or levels.

YOur question was best sniper games?

COD 4 isnt a sniper game if Halo 3 isnt

neither is Battlefeild

Counterstrike

or anything else. There are some shooters that really have excellent sniper maps for the MP but arent completely built around being a full on sniper game.

I said sniper levels - CoD4 would be listed because a good chunk of the game is all about playing as a sniper. Halo 3 just has a sniper rifle as a gun.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jg4xchamp

It has like 2 missions with the sniper, and they arent even all sniper. THe other guns are used as well.

THe beginning portion of the ark is built around Sniping(or easier if you snipe).

TItle says Best Sniper Game, and you said Sniper game or level.

Multiplayer is a big part in most shooters. and there are good sniper maps in all 3 of the Halo games. So why should halo not be counted?

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

The Battlefield games have always had great sniping. Sitting in a helicopter sniping fools on the ground is great fun.stephant_6

lol i always do that.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

no it must not be! it doesn't have a sniper rifle in the game, and no oh my it doesn't have these really big long maps. which is basically what a sniper map is, a big long wide open map with lots of hidey hos....nope its got none of those. lol

best sniper game and maps we're the delta force games up to black hawk down *BHD sucked mega sucked* but before it the maps we're huge! sniping people from a mile away was common practice something you dont see emulated in cod4 or battlefield 2, and you had to account for wind in later delta force games and they introduced the corilas affect in the 2nd one where you had to shoot above them from long distances.

*misses the awesomeness that was delta force*

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp
Anyway Counterstrike and the Opp were alot of fun sniping. Some good maps with some good camp spots as well. Good times.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Taalon

It has like 2 missions with the sniper, and they arent even all sniper. THe other guns are used as well.

THe beginning portion of the ark is built around Sniping(or easier if you snipe).

Multiplayer is a big part in most shooters. and there are good sniper maps in all 3 of the Halo games. So why should halo not be counted?

jg4xchamp

Because my post specifically said sniper games or sniper levels. Two missions as a sniper counts far more than having a sniper rifle in the game. You have to assassinate someone with a sniper rifle, and then snipe the helicopter pilot, not to mention using your camo to sneak through the enemy base and silenty take them out. That's what being a sniper is, not just being able to use a sniper rifle in one level of a game.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Taalon

Because my post specifically said sniper games or sniper levels. Two missions as a sniper counts far more than having a sniper rifle in the game. You have to assassinate someone with a sniper rifle, and then snipe the helicopter pilot, not to mention using your camo to sneak through the enemy base and silenty take them out. That's what being a sniper is, not just being able to use a sniper rifle in one level of a game.

you only snipe in a whole level once in cod4 the other one you later on get to snipe and use other weapons...so i guess that counts COD4 out as well, you can CHOOSE to use a sniper on most levels and in multiplayer on halo3 as well as cod4.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Silent Scope in the arcade had a big old sniper rifle. I only got to play it once but I found it very uncomfortable and hard to use.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Taalon

[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.WilliamRLBaker

no it must not be! it doesn't have a sniper rifle in the game, and no oh my it doesn't have these really big long maps. which is basically what a sniper map is, a big long wide open map with lots of hidey hos....nope its got none of those. lol

I never said it doesn't have sniper maps, nor did I say it lacks a sniper rifle. What I did say was that it has no missions or levels based around being a sniper and using the weapons, which is what I asked for.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WilliamRLBaker

Silent Scope in the arcade had a big old sniper rifle. I only got to play it once but I found it very uncomfortable and hard to use.JiveT

I loved the silent scope games and i found them very comfy to use just not for more then 30 minutes.

P.S: taloon you should have specified games centered around sniping, cause COD4 has one level where the premise is sniping and only sniping and thats all ghillied up and its really not based around sniping its based around killing a dude then hiding for the rest of the game till the end.

TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts
crysis in any online map has the best sniping possible if you are good enough to stay hidden you can see half the whole map at some points. it doesnt get any better.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp

And then you have to go through an empty building watching out for guard dogs. Shoot them with a pistol or snap there neck.

Either way the entire mission wasnt all sniper.

And Multiplayer counts. Sniper rifle as a weapon, maps designed to benefit snipers. If we wanna make this only campaign, then personally that mission was fun but thats it. NOthing special, nothing amazing, and not even the games best moments.

Personal Opinion, great sniper levels are great sniper maps, becasue sniping actual human players is alot more fun and more skillful then a campaign mission that can become routine.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Taalon

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Silent Scope in the arcade had a big old sniper rifle. I only got to play it once but I found it very uncomfortable and hard to use.WilliamRLBaker

I loved the silent scope games and i found them very comfy to use just not for more then 30 minutes.

P.S: taloon you should have specified games centered around sniping, cause COD4 has one level where the premise is sniping and only sniping and thats all ghillied up and its really not based around sniping its based around killing a dude then hiding for the rest of the game till the end.

My name isn't Taloon, it's Taalon. And I'm pretty sure "sniper games or games with sniper levels" is pretty specific as to what I was asking.

And then you have to go through an empty building watching out for guard dogs. Shoot them with a pistol or snap there neck.

And Multiplayer counts. Sniper rifle as a weapon, maps designed to benefit snipers. If we wanna make this only campaign, then personally that mission was fun but thats it. NOthing special, nothing amazing, and not even the games best moments.

Personal Opinion, great sniper levels are great sniper maps, becasue sniping actual human players is alot more fun and more skillful then a campaign mission that can become routine.

jg4xchamp

You were playing as a sniper for a good chunk of the game. Being a sniper isn't only using a sniper rifle, it's stealth and being able to get away from the scene quickly. I'm pretty sure snipers have to escape through empty buildings, they don't just teleport.

I never said multiplayer doesn't count - but saying that being able to use a sniper rifle well in some Halo maps makes it a sniper game makes no sense. Level =/= map.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
team fortress 2 definately has some of the best sniper levels imo best class in tf2.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Silent Scope in the arcade had a big old sniper rifle. I only got to play it once but I found it very uncomfortable and hard to use.Taalon

My name isn't Taloon, it's Taalon. And I'm pretty sure "sniper games or games with sniper levels" is pretty specific as to what I was asking.

jg4xchamp

You were playing as a sniper for a good chunk of the game. Being a sniper isn't only using a sniper rifle, it's stealth and being able to get away from the scene quickly. I'm pretty sure snipers have to escape through empty buildings, they don't just teleport.

I never said multiplayer doesn't count - but saying that being able to use a sniper rifle well in some Halo maps makes it a sniper game makes no sense. Level =/= map.

Majority of the COD 4 campaign is assualt rifle and really you can burn most of the game without the sniper rifle with the exception of the mission that follows all ghillied up. Same with Halo 3 and other shooters. If a game is a "sniper game" shouldnt most of it be a sniper game by your logic. Considering Halo 3 isnt worthy enough to have a map good enough for sniping.

He said Halo is good for some great sniping, i mentioned a map where sniping is a ton of fun.

ANd no offense but by your own logic COD 4 isnt a sniper game.

THe last mission, the first mission, charlie dont surf, the bog, warpig, safehouse, etc are enough reasons why COD 4 isnt a sniper game, because many of those missions didnt even need a sniper rifle.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

ThisKrazyKenKutarag

nice, very fun, And my vote would have to go to SILENT SCOPE, its nothing but sniping!

But all the cods have been good for sniping I love to snipe in 4 and 3 I was just godly with a scoped kar98k

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Taalon
Dude, will you bother to even listen to what I say? I never once said CoD4 was a sniper game, I said it had sniper levels rather than just the weapon. My original post asked for sniper games (which means games about sniping) or sniper levels (levels within a game where sniping is the focus). CoD4 is the latter. Don't make **** up.

Yes, Halo is fun for sniping. I realise that. But I'm getting annoyed with the way you're putting words in my mouth.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp

Fine,

ANyway as for another game, i guess battlefield kicked alot of ass as well. Especially with all those big maps.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Taalon

Fine,

ANyway as for another game, i guess battlefield kicked alot of ass as well. Especially with all those big maps.

jg4xchamp

I prefer to use jets and tanks on the larger maps, but the smaller maps kick ass as a sniper. I can't recall the name, but I remember a map where there is a huge rocket launching thing, and a big building nex to it. If a sniper climbs to the top of the rocket, he'll win the round by himself. I went over to my friend's house and we would sit there are just kill the entire team every time they came down the hill - they never saw us!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

I cant believe i didnt say this but Goldeneye. I actually enjoyed using it in that one map where there was like an attic or something up top.

ALso the map where you can go outside into the snow(but its only like a few feet big, and most of the map is inside. Sniping on those maps was just too much fun.

It was terrible by todays standards, but back then wow i had alot of fun with the sniperrifle......although i was more of a mine whore on every other map.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Taalon
I was never a Nintendo kid, more of a Sony. My first console was the Sega Genesis but I've usually had Playstations so I never got the chance to play Goldeneye. I'll give it a try.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts
Crysis is really fun to snipe in. singleplayer and multi. You can find a good spot on the map, equip sniper rifle with long range scope, lay down in a bush, go invisible, dominate other team.... Ahhh good times, I loved doing that in multi.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Taalon
Crysis is really fun to snipe in. singleplayer and multi. You can find a good spot on the map, equip sniper rifle with long range scope, lay down in a bush, go invisible, dominate other team.... Ahhh good times, I loved doing that in multi.Rob_101

My Crysis doesn't work online :(

I have a downloaded copy and a purchased one and neither work. Something to do with Punkbuster, but I've tried everything.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
for death effects and satisfaction gears...all that head popping goodness is just satisfying, but as for a sense of realism im gonna go with the mission off of cod4 where you had to bring the corealis effect into your shot, a long with the wind, it was a really fun part of the game, too bad you only got to do one shot like that
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

CoD4 isn't a sniper game either... It has sniper rifles in it, doesn't make it a sniper game by your reasoning. Since Halo has a sniper rifle in it but is not a sniper game.... Halo has levels inclined to snipers, but you can always play it differently. on The Bloc in CoD4 I do a lot of non-sniping. Lots of run and gun, and it works for me. You don't have to snipe, just like Narrows on Halo 3 is a great sniping map, but you don't have to snipe.... I don't follow your logic.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Taalon

[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="chester706"]Halo is another one.rolo107

CoD4 isn't a sniper game either... It has sniper rifles in it, doesn't make it a sniper game by your reasoning. Since Halo has a sniper rifle in it but is not a sniper game.... Halo has levels inclined to snipers, but you can always play it differently. on The Bloc in CoD4 I do a lot of non-sniping. Lots of run and gun, and it works for me. You don't have to snipe, just like Narrows on Halo 3 is a great sniping map, but you don't have to snipe.... I don't follow your logic.

Have you read a single part of this thread? I've explained myself many times.

I never once said CoD4 is a sniping game. I said that it has levels where you play as a sniper and are designed to be played as a sniper. Yes, Halo allows you to play as a sniper but that's not the general idea of the levels. Sniper games or levels are games or levels designed as a sniper.
Mercenary343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mercenary343
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Halo.

It has 2 good snipers (sniper and beam rifle), good maps for sniping, and even has alot of game-modes that focus on sniping (shotty snipers, team snipers, etc.)

TC - you should of put "realistic sniper games", because the way you described it, Halo is a sniper game, just not as realistic due to Halo being a futuristic shooter.

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
dont use a no cd crack.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Taalon
dont use a no cd crack.Wartzay

What? I own the game but I like to use a crack because the discs go missing.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
If you want to be a proper sniper then Sniper Elite is the game to go for, watch some videos on Youtube though as it may not be your cup of tea.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

I hate snipers. I hate them so much. I once played an entire game of TF2 targetting only snipers, and anyone who defended those snipers. Sitting right at the back of a team expecting everyone to defend you while you ignore objectives in order to raise your kill count is not good. And not helpful.

Damn snipers...

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Operation Flashpoint, I once made a map where me and another 3 snipers(Ai controlled) to get close to a group of soldiers and then start firing all at once, great fun
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Taalon

I hate snipers. I hate them so much. I once played an entire game of TF2 targetting only snipers, and anyone who defended those snipers. Sitting right at the back of a team expecting everyone to defend you while you ignore objectives in order to raise your kill count is not good. And not helpful.

Damn snipers...

SpigleyMcCheese

In CoD4 I snipe but I constantly move across the map, supporting my team-mates when and where they need it. I get bored just sitting around.

Another funny sniper story is on CoD4 last night I was playing a map (don't recall the name) and there is this really tall apartment building where an enemy was sniping from. I shot him and climbed all the way up and took over for my time. He then sneaked behind me and stabbed me, and from then on the rest of the game was me and him trying to stay up in the building. Great fun :D
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Sniper Elite, Operation Flashpoint, ArmA
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Too bad COD4's headshot system is crap. I'd say Rainbow Six Vegas is pretty realistic when it comes to it.
Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
Any game on a console or PC is going to be horribly unrealistic. You'd have to go to an arcade to get something even remotely close.
NOODLES_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NOODLES_07
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
Gears of war i seen my friend and this other guy battling it out with snipe all i heard was the pop sound and i seen my freind drop

gears of war amazing sniper game the heads come off
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
Rainbow six: Vegas 2 has a great sniping level. [spoiler] In Act 6 you are seperated from your team mates. it's a really big level where sniping is key [/spoiler]