Best Next Gen System?

  • 98 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for buccomatic
Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) 2 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Best Next Gen System? (124 votes)

PC - The obvious choice for real gamers - the only true next gen system with brute force power, the world largest game library and 100% backwards compatibility 32%
PS4 - The best alternative to a true next gen system (PC) 44%
Xbox One - A low bandwidth media hub / Soccer Mom's best friend 11%
WiiU - Worst console ever with extremely crappy hardware, overly expensive games with a boring and limited library 6%
OUYA - 100% Pure Masochism 2%
Other 4%

Which do you prefer and why?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#51 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@buccomatic said:

@I_can_haz said:

PCs don't have gens.

Obvious answer is PS4.

PC is continual next gen. always ahead of everything else and never behind.

My pc is actually right behind me as we speak, you need to check up on your facts mate.

Avatar image for buccomatic
#52 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@Sweenix: lol good one. i chuckled a little.

:)

Avatar image for SKaREO
#53 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

PS4 is the best, followed closely by the new Steam console.

Avatar image for AMD655
#54 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

PC because piss off.

Avatar image for SKaREO
#55 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

PC because piss off.

What touch screen games do you want to play on your computer next gen?

Avatar image for AMD655
#56 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

@AMD655 said:

PC because piss off.

What touch screen games do you want to play on your computer next gen?

Why would anyone want to mess up their screen?

Avatar image for Maddie_Larkin
#57 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (7251 posts) -

Overall it is the PC, in cost performance it is the PS4.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#58 Edited by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

@crimsonman1245 said:

PS4, best combination of Price/Power/Third Party/First party/Japanese/Indie/Online/Value.

Agreed.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#59 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

Good job OP, love the discriptions. :D

Avatar image for buccomatic
#60 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Good job OP, love the discriptions. :D

ty. i think they're pretty accurate really lol!

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
#61 Edited by KillzoneSnake (2004 posts) -

PS4, strongest console ever made which currently has the graphics king Shadow Fall. All multiplats superior than X1 and more games in development. First party domination as well.

Coming to PS4 Second Son, The Other 1886, Nauhgty Dog new IP, Santa Monica new IP, Guerrilla new IP, Quantic Dreams new IP, Gran Turismo 7, and much more. All out by 2015.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#62 Posted by tdkmillsy (2020 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

PS4, strongest console ever made which currently has the graphics king Shadow Fall. All multiplats superior than X1 and more games in development. First party domination as well.

Coming to PS4 Second Son, The Other 1886, Nauhgty Dog new IP, Santa Monica new IP, Guerrilla new IP, Quantic Dreams new IP, Gran Turismo 7, and much more. All out by 2015.

Strongest in graphical front and if you where that bothered just about graphics you would get a PC. That isn't that many games between now and the end of 2015.

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#63 Posted by adamosmaki (10248 posts) -

@mrintro said:

I don't understand why people equate PC with a "true next gen" experience. Why? Because you can get better specs? What about gameplay? Oh wait, most developers are making games for consoles in mind :|

More devs for consoles my a**. I dont understand why some consolites get the idiotic idea that pc's are either an afterthought or less popular than consoles

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/28/pc-way-more-popular-with-devs-than-next-gen-consoles-according-to-poll/

Oh let alone i can play with a gamepad on pc so even the games made with consoles in mind are still end up better on pc

Avatar image for withe1982
#64 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I voted PS4.

I'm not getting one at launch as I've been burned too many times by launch consoles. I will however be getting a PS4 late next year.

There is no arguing that PS4 is the best next gen system (don't know why PC is in the list BTW). Does it have the best games though? So far I'd say no way but by the time I buy the console I expect the exclusives to kick ass.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
#65 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Smart Phone are the next generation of consoles lol

Avatar image for MikeMoose
#66 Posted by MikeMoose (3075 posts) -

PC sucks. Spending over 1000 bucks to play shitty MMO and RTS games on a tiny screen sounds like fun. Lololol

Avatar image for psymon100
#67 Edited by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

@AMD655 said:

PC because piss off.

What touch screen games do you want to play on your computer next gen?

Oh what a sensible prediction.

Avatar image for -Damien-
#68 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

lol....poll backfired. I'm glad to see PS4 winning and delivered the beatdown to PC

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#69 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

LOOOOOOOOOL

Lemmings, hermits and sheep am cryyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

/trollmode

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#70 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

PC > Wii U > 3DS > Vita > PS4 > XB1

Avatar image for AtariKidX
#71 Posted by AtariKidX (6771 posts) -

PS4......more powerful and cheaper.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#72 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

PS4......more powerful and cheaper.

This is only true when compared to the XB1, which looks to be the worst next gen system.

Avatar image for Legend500
#73 Posted by Legend500 (149 posts) -

PS4. More powerful, cheaper. Will ultimately have a better library than PC (can't play Destiny, inFamous, The Order, Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV on PC now can we?)

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#74 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

@Legend500 said:

PS4. More powerful, cheaper. Will ultimately have a better library than PC (can't play Destiny, inFamous, The Order, Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV on PC now can we?)

I'm not willing to go an entire gen with no Total War or Civilization, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody else, either.

Avatar image for TruthArisen
#75 Posted by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Wonder Woman looks on, pleased.

"I am glad to see you mortals choosing PS4."

Avatar image for seanmcloughlin
#76 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Wii U.

@lundy86_4 said:

Wii U.

Wii U.

Sounds like an Ambulance

Avatar image for nicecall
#77 Posted by nicecall (528 posts) -

PC always the best but after that probably PS4 but the xbox1 is almost the same in specs.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#78 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

PS4 is the best, followed closely by the new Steam console.

Steam PC, no matter how hard you try it's not gonna stick, its a PC... #dealwithit

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#79 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

The PC is a great purchase regardless of what consoles you already have. The Xbox One and PS4 really are only good purchases right now if you don't have a gaming PC. Their exclusive lineups aren't all that great and having to pay online fees while you wait for the good games to come would blow.

Avatar image for buccomatic
#80 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@Legend500 said:

PS4. More powerful, cheaper. Will ultimately have a better library than PC (can't play Destiny, inFamous, The Order, Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV on PC now can we?)

the only game that looks good out of those is destiny. but seriously, who cares? bungie are the assholes who ruined shooters in the first place.

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to.” jason jones - a total dick

limited weapons, recharging health, auto saves, no kb/m - that's fucking casual gamer bullshit right there. i don't give a shit about bungie.

Avatar image for CTR360
#81 Posted by CTR360 (7810 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

PS4 - for gamers, by gamers.

The Sony way.

i agree

Avatar image for Legend500
#82 Posted by Legend500 (149 posts) -

@buccomatic said:

@Legend500 said:

PS4. More powerful, cheaper. Will ultimately have a better library than PC (can't play Destiny, inFamous, The Order, Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV on PC now can we?)

the only game that looks good out of those is destiny. but seriously, who cares? bungie are the assholes who ruined shooters in the first place.

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to.” jason jones - a total dick

limited weapons, recharging health, auto saves, no kb/m - that's fucking casual gamer bullshit right there. i don't give a shit about bungie.

Well in mine (and quite a few others) opinion all of those mentioned games look amazing. I like to have as much genres available as possible and PC doesn't offer anything outside of FPS, RTS and WRPGs. As for Bungie? I think they did a great job with Halo and they did revolutionise FPS games. I do admit that I wish that there was still some FPS games like Half Life with unlimited weapons, health packs, save anywhere etc but Bungie brought balance to the genre. Balance in multiplayer and in single player (you don't have to wait until the end of the game to get a shotgun). But whatever mate, its obvious that your a hardass who takes your gaming way to seriously. Chill the f*ck out.

Avatar image for blamix
#83 Posted by blamix (204 posts) -

Im getting what smart people are getting.. The ps4. Already got a pc

Avatar image for Heirren
#84 Posted by Heirren (21346 posts) -

Call me crazy but I'm thinking of canceling my ps4 preorder. There just aren't any games that look that great, other than perhaps Killzone. Wiiu has the best games by far.

At this point in time, which may change, it makes the most sense to buy a wiiu, wait for the next gen of pc gfx cards to arrive, and then go that route.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#85 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Heirren said:

Call me crazy but I'm thinking of canceling my ps4 preorder. There just aren't any games that look that great, other than perhaps Killzone. Wiiu has the best games by far.

At this point in time, which may change, it makes the most sense to buy a wiiu, wait for the next gen of pc gfx cards to arrive, and then go that route.

"it makes the most sense to buy a wiiu"

...

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#86 Posted by adamosmaki (10248 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@SKaREO said:

PS4 is the best, followed closely by the new Steam console.

Steam PC, no matter how hard you try it's not gonna stick, its a PC... #dealwithit

Well according to him a pc is something connected to a monitor where as a console is something connected to a tv. Idiotic logic is idiotic

Avatar image for Snugenz
#87 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@Snugenz said:

@SKaREO said:

PS4 is the best, followed closely by the new Steam console.

Steam PC, no matter how hard you try it's not gonna stick, its a PC... #dealwithit

Well according to him a pc is something connected to a monitor where as a console is something connected to a tv. Idiotic logic is idiotic

Indeed, so when i had my 360 connected to my monitor via VGA at the start of the gen, my 360 was a PC?? wow :P

Avatar image for Heirren
#88 Posted by Heirren (21346 posts) -

@Suppaman100:

How is it laughable. The wiiu has solid nintendo games available, a few great 3rd party games, and guaranteed great nintendo games on the horizon all at a far lower cost than the competitors. In addition to that, nintendo games are unlike what is available on other consoles.

It's really that out there to think picking up a wiiu as a console and waiting for the next gen of pc gfx cards to arrive--which will visually trump the One and Ps4? Now, I've been excited for ps4, still debating holding unto the pre order, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in the games on the horizon. Most of the 3rd party stuff will be available for pc.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#89 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Suppaman100:

How is it laughable. The wiiu has solid nintendo games available, a few great 3rd party games, and guaranteed great nintendo games on the horizon all at a far lower cost than the competitors. In addition to that, nintendo games are unlike what is available on other consoles.

It's really that out there to think picking up a wiiu as a console and waiting for the next gen of pc gfx cards to arrive--which will visually trump the One and Ps4? Now, I've been excited for ps4, still debating holding unto the pre order, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in the games on the horizon. Most of the 3rd party stuff will be available for pc.

It's not laughable at all. The PC and Wii U are the 2 best systems to own right now.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#90 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (28131 posts) -

Well, if you take PC out of the picture since it's practically a Timeless option.

PS4 would probably give you more bang out of your buck.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#91 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8758 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well, if you take PC out of the picture since it's practically a Timeless option.

PS4 would probably give you more bang out of your buck.

Yeah, but PC is in the picture, and every gamer owes it to him/herself to pick up a mid-range PC capable of playing games. Most people who don't have one have no idea what they are missing.

Avatar image for buccomatic
#92 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well, if you take PC out of the picture since it's practically a Timeless option.

PS4 would probably give you more bang out of your buck.

Yeah, but PC is in the picture, and every gamer owes it to him/herself to pick up a mid-range PC capable of playing games. Most people who don't have one have no idea what they are missing.

so true. and with a 65 million user instal base for steam, pc is going to be WAY ahead of the next gen consoles install base for at least 3 years.

Avatar image for el_mariochi
#93 Posted by el_mariochi (25 posts) -

I agree, steam is going to dominate in the coming years!

Avatar image for loosingENDS
#94 Edited by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

3DS is the only answer

Zelda LTTP

Bravely Default

Layton Azran

.

Next gen systems dont have any important games yet, so they hardly count for anything

Avatar image for OctavianZarda
#95 Posted by OctavianZarda (533 posts) -

For me it's the Wii U and PC.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#96 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Heirren said:

@Suppaman100:

How is it laughable. The wiiu has solid nintendo games available, a few great 3rd party games, and guaranteed great nintendo games on the horizon all at a far lower cost than the competitors. In addition to that, nintendo games are unlike what is available on other consoles.

It's really that out there to think picking up a wiiu as a console and waiting for the next gen of pc gfx cards to arrive--which will visually trump the One and Ps4? Now, I've been excited for ps4, still debating holding unto the pre order, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in the games on the horizon. Most of the 3rd party stuff will be available for pc.

It's not laughable at all. The PC and Wii U are the 2 best systems to own right now.

Yeah, because PS4 isn't out yet.

And the best system to own right now is by far PS3.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#97 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

PC

For consoles it's 100% about the games no matter how people like to spin it. PS2 is more critically acclaimed than the XBox + it sold more and the XBox DESTROYED IT graphically. If i was buying a launch console then it would be an XBox One because it has some great looking games from multiple genres whereas the PS4 has 5 fps games at launch. I think that in a few years time the PS4 will have a better libary going by the last few gens but Microsoft have many more studios now and the first 12 months look to be amazing for it so who knows?

Avatar image for buccomatic
#98 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@Legend500 said:

@buccomatic said:

@Legend500 said:

PS4. More powerful, cheaper. Will ultimately have a better library than PC (can't play Destiny, inFamous, The Order, Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV on PC now can we?)

the only game that looks good out of those is destiny. but seriously, who cares? bungie are the assholes who ruined shooters in the first place.

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to.” jason jones - a total dick

limited weapons, recharging health, auto saves, no kb/m - that's fucking casual gamer bullshit right there. i don't give a shit about bungie.

Well in mine (and quite a few others) opinion all of those mentioned games look amazing. I like to have as much genres available as possible and PC doesn't offer anything outside of FPS, RTS and WRPGs. As for Bungie? I think they did a great job with Halo and they did revolutionise FPS games. I do admit that I wish that there was still some FPS games like Half Life with unlimited weapons, health packs, save anywhere etc but Bungie brought balance to the genre. Balance in multiplayer and in single player (you don't have to wait until the end of the game to get a shotgun). But whatever mate, its obvious that your a hardass who takes your gaming way to seriously. Chill the f*ck out.

you can think whatever you want but sooner or later, if you ever wise up, you'll eventually have to deal with reality.

ps - gfy. i don't take orders from you.